• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hocus Pokémon! (243)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
So was this just a fan service episode, because other than Ash becoming a Pikachu and heading into bad fan fic territory, nothing happened...

It didn't affect the over all plot in the Johto saga of course, but seeing an actual witch character cast a spell on Ash was still exciting even for a filler. ^^;

Lily's magic spells and accent reminded me of Harry Potter in a way + I would've preferred if she had a Misdreavus instead of Murkrow.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I would've preferred if she had a Misdreavus instead of Murkrow.

Well her owning a Murkrow was likely due to its head feathers looking like a witch's hat hee hee. Although speaking of the Harry Potter references here, I think Lily should've owned a Hoothoot to mirror Hedwig from that series. :D

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked Lily, but I was never a big fan of this episode, although I've always felt Murkrow was an underused Pokemon, so I liked that it was used in this episode.

ZilverLox

Banned
Whoa now this was definitely one of better Master Quest fillers without a doubt! The whole idea of Ash turning in pikachu was hilarious and unique. The only thing I didn't like is that they didn't focus on the fact that Ash got turned into a Pikachu. If that had been the focus of this episode, it would've made me like it even more. I kinda wish there was another episode where Lily came back. :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lily's spells seemed bogus to me until we saw Satoshi change into a Pikachu at the end. Kasumi also showed her vain side again when she asked Lily for help making her skin smoother, which backfired when those Itomaru got involved. This whole episode had a surreal feeling that made it feel like a whole different series to me.

Daizy

I call you honey
I thought Lily was going to end up being a fraud by the end, so I was kind of amazed when her spell on Ash worked. I guess magic does exist in the anime.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I thought Lily was going to end up being a fraud by the end, so I was kind of amazed when her spell on Ash worked. I guess magic does exist in the anime.

We've seen plenty of magic in previous episodes however, so I never doubted for a second that her magical powers were genuine.

Daizy

I call you honey
It's funny how we learned that James can read the ancient Pokemon language in Lily's spellbook even though his skills at this strange alphabet never gets shown again.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I think if Ash's mom or even Bonnie saw him turned into a Pikachu they would find him very cute.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
It's funny how we learned that James can read the ancient Pokemon language in Lily's spellbook even though his skills at this strange alphabet never gets shown again.

Wasn't it previously established that he's book smart though? I remember him having Pokemon flashcards so it seems like he studies all kinds of Pokemon related stuff off screen.

Jnmisty

Oh man, I remember about this episode. Ash getting turned into a pikachu by a magic spell. It was hilarious. Although, it might be that Ash was a Pikachu into that night off screen into the next day/episode. Going to watch it again for a refresher on it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
Oh man, I remember about this episode. Ash getting turned into a pikachu by a magic spell. It was hilarious. Although, it might be that Ash was a Pikachu into that night off screen into the next day/episode. Going to watch it again for a refresher on it.

I had assumed that Satoshi stayed as a Pikachu for only a few hours, because I remember seeing him turn back into his human form at the beginning of the next episode and I don't think that it was mentioned that a full day had passed since the transformation.