• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Elite Four and Johto Elite Four

Cassiel

Goddess of Mischief
Why did the animators dropped the idea of showing Hoenn and Johto Elite Four in early episodes? And I've never seen Ash actually battling the Elite Four like in the games. So far, they also haven't shown the entire Sinnoh Elite Four (plus, Volkner) yet. ;3;

I would love to see Ash battle the Hoenn and Johto elite four.. It'll be cool.

Will and Karen might appear in the future since the HGSS remake plot and Johto Battle Frontier is set..

The rest? What do you think?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It would be good if that will happen. But right now they are focusing more on the sinnoh elite 4, so maybe in the next saga Johto elite 4 will appear finally.

Janovy

Banned
Why did the animators dropped the idea of showing Hoenn and Johto Elite Four in early episodes? And I've never seen Ash actually battling the Elite Four like in the games. So far, they also haven't shown the entire Sinnoh Elite Four (plus, Volkner) yet. ;3;

I would love to see Ash battle the Hoenn and Johto elite four.. It'll be cool.

Will and Karen might appear in the future since the HGSS remake plot and Johto Battle Frontier is set..

The rest? What do you think?
I don't know if you remember, but Ash battled Drake who IS the member of the Hoenn Elite Four. For the others I don't really know, but it expect the rest of the Elite Four Sinnoh members to appear. Two have appeared, so far.

Cassiel

Goddess of Mischief
And yes, I do remember that Drake appeared on past episodes, but I would love to see more entire Hoenn Elite Four animated.

Well, maybe Ash is going to challenge them one-by-one like in the games? Idk, but I hope so.

No. 1 Machop Fan

And I've never seen Ash actually battling the Elite Four like in the games.

In The Mandarin Island Miss Match, Ash battled Lorelei (known in the Animé as Prima due to a translation error).

Janovy

Banned
Here is the list of the Elite 4 members who have appeared in the anime:

1. Agatha
2. Bruno
3. Lorelei
4. Koga
5. Lucian
6. Aaron
7. Drake

Linkdarkside

well hopefully from here on the elite four of the curent region apears

Here is the list of the Elite 4 members who have appeared in the anime:

1. Agatha
2. Bruno
3. Lorelei
4. Koga
5. Lucian
6. Aaron
7. Drake
but Koga only apeared wile being a Gym leader.

Last edited:

Sayho1234

I thought that the Johto League didn't have their own Elite Four, and shared an Elite Four with the Indigo League?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well Johto and Kanto share the Elite Four, or at least they share some members.

I don't think the writers found the Hoenn Elite Four very interesting or important so they skipped most.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I hope in the future they give E4 members more screen time, more back story, and actually show them battling at the Pokemon League Tournaments.

Maetch

In the anime, the Elites are seen as figureheads and idols, not a bunch of NPCs that loaf around waiting for kids to kick their tushes. Basically, they just show up for "TotD fanservice", then completely vanish afterwards. That's their only role, and it's most likely never going to change.

The HG/SS games may lead to Will and Karen appearing, but I wouldn't expect to see any of the Hoenn Elites anytime soon. So far, Kanto is the only region that had all four of their Elites appear (though Agatha was way late to the party).