• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Frontier: The Beginning. (PG-13)

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
All six of Mel's current team were out already plus this Uxie creature that was apparently hers now. She decided to let all 11 of her mon out for a stretch so she took the additional four pokeball from her bag.

"Everyone, this is our new family member; Uxie." Mel introduced the yellow pixie and she gave a bow, still floating in the air. "What shall your new name be?"

"[Blondie!]" Topper shouted.

"[Heck no! Blindie is more like it!]" CD laughed out loud and spun in a circle.

"[...Could I name myself. please?]" Uxie said shyly.

"Go right on ahead." Mel said, quite impressed that Uxie spoke up.

"[I'm partial to the name... Rem.]"

"Rem is it then! Welcome to the team!" Melody said and her team cheered for joy.

"Aside from the fact that you just ruined my own plan, you almost got yourself killed. Be glad I'm not a heartless moron." the team heard from a little while away. They ran over to the source of the sound. Jayden had already left, but Ven was still there.

"It's Ven... and a crashed air-ship. Whoa..." she muttered astonished at what she missed. "You ok?"

Fos was quiet, he was deep in thought. He glanced over at Melody and then at Ven and sighed. "[A good father knows when to let go...]" he whispered to himself. He hopped over to Ven's side.

"[Hate to interrupt the depression, but we need to speak with Ven in private.]" Fos lead the way towards the Docks, Rem followed behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"[I guess I have some explaining to do. The only problem is where to begin...]" Fos spoke with care. This was a decisive time for him. "[We... Our team is more of a family than anything else. While the rest see Melody as a big sister figure, I see her as something more precious. I see her as a daughter and for that reason I wanted to protect her from all the dangers in the world, including getting her heart broken... I am afraid I misjudged you, Ven.

"[I thought you were the type of guy that would never really care for her like we do, so when Rem took her memories, I saw it as an opportunity to keep her away from someone I was afraid would hurt her. But when I saw the look on your face... I immediately regretted what I did. But now that I see you do care for her, you have my permission and blessing to... see her.]" Fos fully explained.

"Well that'd be great, except she barely remembers me!" Ven shouted in frustration.

"[Yes, but Rem has the ability to give her the memories back. She steals memories, not erases them. How else do you think she got so smart?]" Fos chuckled. Rem nodded her head and bowed in appology.

"[I'd be more than happy to return what I took by accident. I'm sorry for the strife I caused...]" Rem appologized.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rem floated over to Melody who was still confused about everything, especially about the body's.

"So... Does this mean my match with Ritchie speed is cancelled?" Mel thought out loud.

"[Melody... I need to give you something.]" Rem squeeked as she hovere over to her.

"What could you give me?" she was even more confused now. Rem wrapped her tails around Melody's eyes.

"[It's what I'm returning...]" And with a flash of light and a few more blinks of confusion from Melody, she realized what had happened and ran over to Ven.

Last edited:

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Saffira Blue

Saffira crossed her arms as she watched some fans cater away Malik’s body. She glared at them while she held one hand on her throbbing head and another on her burned leg.

Both her and Ari had taken out most of the grunts before the airship they were on began plummeting to the ground. It was really luck that they had been by the open hatch when it went down. After a brief skydiving experience they had found themselves on the ground avoiding pieces of flaming debris from the destroyed airship. Hence where she had gotten the burn.

Her headache was from all the chanting and screaming coming from Malik’s fans. She glared in their direction again and pulled Ari’s pokeball out returning him and then reattaching it to her earring.

Not sure if the battle was over, Saffira headed over to the hospital to get a burn heal for her leg.

When she arrived already fans were inside getting in her way. She pushed past them accidentally elbowing someone in the gut. She didn’t apologize for this and continued on until she reached the counter. The receptionist looked at her leg and told her to head over to a room that apparently had burn heals in it.

Walking down the hall she found the room and limped inside of it. The room was lined with racks that had full heals ready to use. With out thinking Saffira grabbed a full heal and headed out of the room.

As she walked down the hallways she passed by Malik’s room. Curious she slipped inside and glanced at the heart rate monitor. It showed that he was in a sleeping state causing Saffira to frown. She turned towards the kid and then turned to leave the room.

masterleo

Order Up!
"What's eating her?" Liam thought as Sandra walked away. Then he noticed harmony and gala behind him. "Oh, no. Please don't tell me she's the jealous type." He turned back and looked back at his group. Harmony's eyes were darting around, looking for so one to fight. Gaia, on the other hand, seemed fixed on something behind Liam. "Wait, is she stairing at me?"

"Come on guys, lets round up the other rockets." Harmony said.

(I thinking of a love triangle here. If either of you don't like it, we can forget it ever happened. Happy thanks.)

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Ven felt Melody crash into his arms, and a smile shot across his face, he held her tight, his chin resting on the top of her head, the Pokémon were looking around with a multitude of looks on their faces, Tyranitar and Gengar were having sort of mumbled conversation.

Ven loosened his grip on Melody and turned to the horizon, the sun was just dipping down into the sea.

"Twilight..."He murmured, "The place that is in between darkness and light...how ironic."

He turned to look into Melody's eyes, one green one blue, and as he stood there with her savoring the moment, he remembered where they had gotten to last time, he quickly glanced upwards and surveyed the Pokémon with glances, they seemed to take the hint, Fos flew over to CD whilst Gengar and Tyranitar joined the other Pokémon on inspecting the ground.

Once he was sure of the Pokémon, Ven turned his attention back to Melody and, he slowly lowered his face towards hers.

OOC: Everyone get everything wrapped up and we will shoot towards the final round.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Before Ven and Melody had their moment, Mel's reserve pokemon were polite enough to release themselves and leave along with the rest of the pokemon.

MY first kiss... I DON'T BELIEVE IT! Mel thought as their lips finally touched after so long.

"[Not exactly how it goes in the movies, but romantic still...]" CD chirped to the other girls on the team,

"[I'd say it is a perfect day for those two.]" Madame replied. [Think about it. THey save the Hoenn frontier and confess their feelings.]"

"[Ya, but they're surrounded by burnt stuff and dead people.]" Sweets said bluntly, eating her pokeblocks.

"[Stop gossipping guys. I think we have more important issues to discuss.]" Candy said with a scolding tone. "[In case you haven't noticed, we have a new team member; Rem.]"

Rem was floating there all along, listening to their conversation quietly. She waved to them when her name was heard.

"[So, Rem, you named yourself?]" Topper asked out of the blue. "[What exactly does Rem mean?]"

"[It is short for remember...]" Rem replied shyly.

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
As the attack seemed to have stopped and even better: ended. Gaia was walking to the docks, since she was feeling a bit lonely: and the sea always cheers her up.

Once she at the docks, she noticed 2 people: a boy with black spiky hair and a girl also with black hair but bright blue dyed streak in the bangs. Sharing a hug, when suddenly the girl pressed her lips on the boy's lips... Gaia smiled at this, and then sat down on the edge of the dock: her feet could just hit the water. She grabbed her drawbook which she still had with her and drew both of them in it, then Gaia looked up and saw both still kissing. She then looked to the sunset, and smiled even more...

Last edited:

masterleo

Order Up!
Guess she was just looking at something behind me Liam thought. It was hours later. The fire was out and the police were rounding up grunts. All six of his Pokemon followed behind him as he walked to a cliff side over-looking the dock. He looked down, and saw what looked like the opposite of harmony kissing some weird guy.

"WOOOOOOO!" Liam yelled, loudly stamping his feet. His pokemon joined in, and soon the couple stopped kissing and looked around. Liam hid, and was still snickering when he saw Sandra walking up to him, her pokemon in tow. "What's so funny?" She asked

"Nothing" Liam replied, embarrassed. "You okay?" Sandra turned away, then answered. "Yes, but listen. I like you, alot. But I don't have any feelings for you. Just, as a friend."
Liam kicked a stone, then shrugged his shoulders. "Okay. Friends then? Because, I really do like you." He paused, then finished. "...And I think Arbok couldn't stand not seeing Mystic again."

Last edited:

bookauthor1123

Changing Altitudes
Malik tossed and turned at the sight of this dream.
Nothing but black darkness now...it was quiet..

Soon, someone opened the door, but Malik's eyes wouldn't open to see who it was...
Somehow, he saw in a sorta dream-like trance who it was.

~Dr3@M $3QU3nC3 2~

[Sa--Saffira??] he "said" while dreaming. Saffira's leg had a red mark on it, it was obviously a burn. But in her hands, Malik could "see" a burn heal, so he knew how smart she was for planning ahead and getting one earlier.

The only thing on Malik's mind was to hurry and get out of this room and back to his normal life. [Oh, no!] he thought, making him turn in his bed once agian. [My Pokemon Platinum App! It's still going! Oh...my record is gonna be RUINED!!]

Thinking of no way to get out of this trance, Malik soon began to worry. [It's so lonely...I wish some of the others were here...Mel, Ven...(even though we don't really see eye to eye)...Saffira...Rosalie...even AMBER will make me happy right about now!!...*SIGH* I'm so alone in this STUPID NIGHTMARE!!!]

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Saffira Blue

As Saffira was leaving the room she hear Malik mutter, “Pokémon… Platinum… record… ruined…” She gave him an odd look, but left the room with out a word.

Saffira decided that she wanted to see the ocean before she turned in for the night, so she hobbled on a healing leg over to the expansive sea. As she neared she saw two people kissing on the dock while someone a ways off sketched them. In the fading light she couldn’t tell who it was so she though nothing off the odd event and walked along the beach back to the trainer house.

She had found all of her Pokémon that she had sent out for the battle and returned them earlier so when she got back to her room she sent them all out and decided it was time to officially name them all.

“Awesome!” Kabutops said as he clanged his scythes together in some sort of happy manner.

Banette gave a happy squeal and began dancing around Ninetales who was also in a good mood. Skarmory looked proud that he had been the one to mention nicknames in the first place, but other than that he stayed out of it.

The only one that looked bothered by this decision was Vaporeon. She was sitting on the bed watching the other Pokémon react as she swung her tail from side to side in a dignified manner. “I do not wish to have a nickname if that is all right,” She stated and Saffira nodded.

“Okay, who’s first?” Saffira asked as Banette practically flew at her. “Okay, I guess that’s decided then. Any suggestions?”

“Angel!” She shouted like she had already thought this through.

Kabutops coughed something along the lines of, “More like Demon,” but Banette was to occupied to hear him.

“You sure?” Saffira asked not exactly fond of the common name.

“Yep!” Banette stated jumping around the room.

Saffira sighed, which was also missed by the happy Banette, “Okay then Angel it is.”

Kabutops cut in and said, “Okay, I’m next!”

“Any ideas?” Saffira said looking out the window to see how dark it was.

“Some thing like ocean or water?” Kabutops suggested.

Saffira paused and racked her brain for a good name, “…How about Kai? It means Ocean.”

“Yeah, that’s good,” Kabutops said and let it go a lot faster than Saffira would have thought possible.

“Then that leaves me,” Ninetales state in a highly feminine voice, “If you don’t mind I would like Sage as my name.”

Saffira gave a relived smile and said, “Well, we do have one more to name.” She went searching for her backpack and pulled a luxury ball out of it. “Okay,” She threw the pokeball out in front of her revealing a black and yellow electric type Pokémon.

“Saffy!” he yelled as he realized where he was and ran over to Saffira and hugged her. “Omigosh! Do you know how boring that pokeball get’s after about a week? It doesn’t live up to its name that’s for sure!”

Saffira smiled even wider and pulled the Pokémon into a hug. “It’s good to see you too Ampharos. So how about a nickname, Ace?”

“Don’t I already have one? You just said it,” The Ampharos called.

“Okay then, Ace it is, we we’re about to turn in for the night.”

Ace nodded and the Pokémon took to their usual sleeping positions as Saffira went to the balcony and cracked the sliding door open a bit. It was a habit by now, just in case Grovyle came back.

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
Jayden ventured back to the trainers house, his Pokemon in tow. He stopped in front of the doors, contemplating if he should really go in there or not. He didn't feel like socializing with anyone (not that he ever did), but he didn't exactly feel like going back and secluding himself either.

His mind was racing with the last few hours events. Jay let out something akin to a growl, and whipped around, taking off at a jog back to the beach. His Pokemon all stared at their trainer, debating whether they should follow him or not. It was Swellow, who first decided to go after Jayden, followed by Absol, Manectric, Nidorino, Combusken, and Flygon.

Flygon and Swellow were first to match Jay's pace, followed by Manectric, Combusken, and Nidorino. Jayden slowed down to a walk, looking at all his Pokemon in turn. Each one held a look of concern.

Jayden sighed, and then said, "Alright, I can't hide anything from you guys. Come on, let's find our own spot. I'll tell you what happened on that ship."

Each Pokemon let out a grunt of agreement, to which Jay smiled, but only for a few moments, because he turned around and started walking towards the beach.

Of course, Jayden should have expected that people would still be there. Against the harsh sunlight he could make out the silhouettes of Ven and Melody sharing some kind of moment. It didn't take Jayden too long to look away. He was disinterested to be perfectly honest, and somewhat disgusted.

He walked towards the docks, where he noticed Gaia sketching again. Jayden snorted, but walked up to her anyway, peering over Gaia's shoulder slightly, but not enough to really make out what she was drawing.

"Don't you get tired of sketching? Doing the same things over and over again seems... uninteresting to me." Jay's Pokemon walked up to the two of them. Swellow landed on Jay's shoulder, letting out a small cry to which Jayden nodded. He then said, "Ah whatever. Forget it. I have to go... do something anyway."

With that, Jayden jumped off the dock and onto the beach, his feet splashing up shallow water. His Pokemon followed Jay until he was far away from anyone on the beach.

"Sorry that I worried you all... it's just.... I got some information. About my friend. And..." Jayden trailed off, hanging his head. "They went back to Goldenrod. Team Rocket I mean. They... they got him guys. He's not only dying, but now he's captive. He's going to be dead within' days. I was going to go save him... but Ven... that fool... let his emotions get the better of him and destroyed that ship. I was in... I was disguised. I was going to finish this once and for all."

His Pokemon let out wails of sympathy, but Jayden cut them off with a wave of his hand, "I can't do anything now. This tournament has no meaning if Will is going to be dead."

His Pokemon went silent as Jayden let out an unfamiliar sound: a sob. He fell to the sand, shuddering, "Everything.... everything I've ever done was for nothing."

His Pokemon all looked at each other, and then slowly approached Jay, lifting him off the sand so he would look at them. Each one of his Pokemon had looks of determination on their faces.

"Swell, swellow!" Swellow cried, gesturing to Jay, and then all the rest of the Pokemon. Jayden just stood there, awed.

"If it was all for nothing, then we wouldn't still be here?" Jayden repeated Swellow's words. He let out a small, sad smile, and said. "I don't regret anything I've done with you all... but face it... everything we've done. It's gone to nothing now."

His Pokemon all drooped, unsure of how to convince their trainer otherwise....

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
Gaia noticed somebody looking to her sketching ovre her shoulder: since a shadow came ovre her. She looked up and to her suprise it was Jay,

"Don't you get tired of sketching?"Jay began "Doing the same things over and over again seems... uninteresting to me." To which Gaia raised her shoulders,

"It's just a thing of mine." She stated, as Jay's pokemon walked up to the two of them. Swellow landed on Jay's shoulder, letting out a small cry to which Jayden nodded. He then said, "Ah whatever. Forget it. I have to go... do something anyway."

With that, Jayden jumped off the dock and onto the beach, his feet splashing up shallow water. His Pokemon followed Jay until he was far away from anyone on the beach. Gaia let her eyes follow him, untill he was nothing more then a small dot that just could be seen.

"Come on Gaia, man up!" Gaia thought to herself, "If those two over there can do, then you can atleast try! He atleast must know what you think... Right?"

With that in her head she stood up, and also jumped off the dock: her feet in the water. She stepped on the beach and went to were she saw Jayden went to a few minutes ago.

As soon as she saw Jayden from far away: with his pokemon around him. Gaia started to walk slower, each step taking a long time. It didn't even mattered if it's two-sided, but he has atleast to know...

His Pokemon went silent as Jayden let out an unfamiliar sound: a sob. He fell to the sand, shuddering, "Everything.... everything I've ever done was for nothing."

His Pokemon all looked at each other, and then slowly approached Jay, lifting him off the sand so he would look at them. Each one of his Pokemon had looks of determination on their faces.

"Swell, swellow!" Swellow cried, gesturing to Jay, and then all the rest of the Pokemon. Jayden just stood there, awed.

"If it was all for nothing, then we wouldn't still be here?" Jayden repeated Swellow's words. He let out a small, sad smile, and said. "I don't regret anything I've done with you all... but face it... everything we've done. It's gone to nothing now."

His Pokemon all drooped, unsure of how to convince their trainer otherwise....

"Not everything is useless..." Gaia softly said. "Everything has a meaning, even if you don't know why at the moment it happend..."

As she said that, she approached slowly and stopped close to Jay. "I don't know what you've done back in the past, I don't even have to know it. But even if you don't want it, I'll help you. I don't care what others say, I'm going to help you."

With that, Gaia came a little closer to Jay...

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
((OOC: Closeness = Jay's worst nightmare. PREPARE FOR AWKWARD ESCAPE!))

"Not everything is useless..." Gaia softly said. "Everything has a meaning, even if you don't know why at the moment it happend..."

Jayden whipped around, his eyes ablaze. He had been so... so absorbed he hadn't even noticed Gaia approach. And what was worse, she was drawing even closer to him by the second. While he was weak. It was unacceptable....

And awkward.

"I don't know what you've done back in the past, I don't even have to know it. But even if you don't want it, I'll help you. I don't care what others say, I'm going to help you."

Jayden didn't even have time to stop and consider what Gaia was saying really, because she came even closer to him. Jayden stepped back a few feet, distancing himself.

"It's always you that finds me at my worst," Jay grumbled. "I don't get it. Why you?"

Jay paused for a few moments, stepping back a few more feet until he could feel Flygon blocking his path. He quickly looked up to his trusty dragon Pokemon, and then back at Gaia. A bead of sweat dropped down the side of his head and onto his neck.

He was nervous.

But for what reason?

He just stared at Gaia like a frightened cat for a few minutes until his heart stopped pounding in his ears so loudly. It was only then that Jay could really speak:

"So let me get this straight. You're going to try to help me, a paranoid jerk, who won't even tell you what's wrong... why? Why waste your time on something like me? All you're going to get is hurt in the end. I would know," Jay said. "I would know it too damn well."

Flygon let out something like a whine, almost disagreeing, but not quite. His other Pokemon stayed silent, staring at Gaia cautiously. They were all curious: how would she react? Could she get through to Jayden in a way not even they could?

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
------3 Days Later------​

As Scott stood up on the make shift stage, Ven smiled slightly, it had been three days since the battle, and remorial services had been held over the course of the first two days, the third day they had set to work clearing the rubble, only one hotel had managed to stay undamaged and so everyone was crammed into the hotel, Ven had had to share a room with Melody, Gaia and Jayden, the first night he hadn't spent at the hotel because he was in hospital getting treated for his wounds, he had broken two fingers and had almost fainted from blood loss, on the plus side he was going to get scar.

A cough from Scott interrupted everyone, he approached the microphone and began to speak.

"As you all know, a tragedy has befallen us, but we have recovered from it, and I am pleased to say that after witnessing everyone's actions, I have decided on my frontier brains, as well as an exhibition match to end the tournament." Scott announced ominously. "The First Frontier Brain who challengers will face is: The Canyon Wrap-up: Liam Finsher"

The crowd applauded for the trainer, and Scott beckoned him over. "The second trainer who challengers will have to face is: The Serenity Warrior: Ami Kinglsey"

More applause rained down as Ami was beckoned up as well. "Our Third brain, is: The Water Goddess, Sandra Verity."

She was beckoned up as well, and Scott quickly ran through the fourth and fifth. "Fourth is: Scenario Leader, Saffira Blue whilst Fifth is: The Surfing Wave, Gaia, Sakaru Wave."

Both trainers took their places alongside the other frontier brains, and Scott opened his mouth to speak once again. "The sixth person who our challengers will have to face is: Rock Maiden, Melody...McCloud."

Ven quickly gave her a hug before she ran up to the stage, Only two places left now.

"The final two places actually haven't been decided yet, we know who they are but not who is stronger than the other, so to end the tournament, a battle will take place in fifteen minutes at the stadium, this is to see who seven and eight are, the match will be between: The Master Of Puppets Jayden Darkhart and The Master of Shadows, Ven Ephah."

OOC: Ok, so heres how its going to work, you all get one vote, which you will post on the discussion thread, Shadow and I can't vote, whoever gets the most votes out of our characters wins the battle and is the strongest frontier brain.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Saffira Blue

---ten minuets till the last battle---

Saffira sat in a chair at the waiting room of the hospital playing with her new symbol, the Dexterous symbol. She glanced at the nurse at the front desk and then back at the piece of metal she had worked so hard to earn. She sighed and brushed a bit of blond hair out of her face, what was she doing here?

It was three days since the battle against the Rockets, most of the battlers were still healing from the encounter. Her burn was already gone with new skin to replace it so she really had no reason to be here.

Standing up, Saffira took one last look around and then exited the building putting her symbol in her skirt pocket.

Outside it was a truly beautiful morning, the entrants had gotten up early to receive their awards so now the sun was just peaking up over the horizon. The air smelled of rain and the clouds up ahead forecasted it the same. A slight breeze was picking up throwing the waves a bit higher than usual. It was a lonely type of beautiful.

Saffira began to walk along the beach her black and red high tops crunching the sand below them. In the time that she had spent here, summer had turned to fall and now winter was coming, the cold in the air predicted it.

This brought back a few of Saffira’s memories, like her first Christmas in Snowypoint with her adopted family. She had been nine then and Grovyle was just starting to get around to her. He was only a Treecko then of course, but he still had the cool calm personality of a Grovyle.

Saffira remembered her first experience with snow, she hadn’t known it would be so cold. Both Treecko and her had rushed out side, Saffira wearing shorts and a T-shirt. Quickly they realized that snow wasn’t just white fluff and they rushed back inside to warm up. That had been the first time Treecko had opened up to her, but it was a different time and place.

Saffira glanced at her surroundings now, It was a beach so much like her home, but about a hundred miles away.

She realized that she had ended up doubling back to the hospital. She checked her pokegear, five minuets till the last battle.

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
He just stared at Gaia like a frightened cat for a few minutes until. It was only then that Jay could really speak:

"So let me get this straight. You're going to try to help me, a paranoid jerk, who won't even tell you what's wrong... why? Why waste your time on something like me? All you're going to get is hurt in the end. I would know," Jay said. "I would know it too damn well."

Flygon let out something like a whine, almost disagreeing, but not quite. His other Pokemon stayed silent, staring at Gaia cautiously.

Gaia just look to Jayden, "I don't know. It's just a feeling from inside." Gaia said, and placed a hand on the spot where supposly her heart is. "A deep feeling," She whispered, as she approached slowly.

"You know, you aren't that bad. It's only because you think that you're a jerk who does everything wrong and cause trouble. It's all from the inside after all." Gaia then sighed, and took another step. "But more important is that you've atleast got somebody,"

Another step closer... "You know..." She said, "everybody has somebody in his or her live. You got me." She whispered,

Another step... Gaia likely came far to close for Jay's liking, as he sat on the ground: leaning against his flygon: who didn't do a thing.

"Jayden, I-I... Love you," She said, as she kneeled next to Jayden... Both were very close to each other, but instead of a kiss, Gaia just hugged Jay: not to tight but just a hug just before the sun sets.

~Time skiiiiip!~

>3 days later<

It had been three days since the battle, and remorial services had been held over the course of the first two days, the third day they had set to work clearing the rubble, only one hotel had managed to stay undamaged and so everyone was crammed into the hotel, Gaia had had to share a room with Melody, Ven and Jayden, the first night Ven hadn't spent at the hotel because he was in hospital getting treated for his wounds.

Gaia was sitting in the front row, left to her was Jay. Whilst to the right of her was Melody, she and Melody have met each other not so long ago: but they could get along fairly well, the same is for Gaia and Ven.

A cough from Scott interrupted everyone, he approached the microphone and began to speak.

"As you all know, a tragedy has befallen us, but we have recovered from it, and I am pleased to say that after witnessing everyone's actions, I have decided on my frontier brains, as well as an exhibition match to end the tournament." Scott announced ominously. "The First Frontier Brain who challengers will face is: The Canyon Wrap-up: Liam Finsher"

The crowd applauded for the trainer, and Scott beckoned him over. "The second trainer who challengers will have to face is: The Serenity Warrior: Ami Kinglsey"

More applause rained down as Ami was beckoned up as well. "Our Third brain, is: The Water Goddess, Sandra Verity."

She was beckoned up as well, and Scott quickly ran through the fourth and fifth. "Fourth is: Scenario Leader, Saffira Blue,"

"whilst Fifth is: The Surfing Wave, Gaia, Sakaru Wave." Scott said,

Gaia slightly gasped at this: she was suprised, she never knew she actually would've come true this all. She stood up, and walked up onto the wooden make-shift stage.

She shook hands with Liam, putted Ami's hands in hers and smiled. After she then shook hands with both Sandra and Saffira. She then stood infront of Scott, and obtained her Balance Symbol: a coin with a wave carved on it.

"The sixth person who our challengers will have to face is: Rock Maiden, Melody...McCloud."

Ven quickly gave her a hug before she ran up to the stage, Only two places left now. As soon as Melody came up, Gaia quickly hugged Melody and then Melody got her own symbol.

"The final two places actually haven't been decided yet, we know who they are but not who is stronger than the other, so to end the tournament, a battle will take place in fifteen minutes at the stadium, this is to see who seven and eight are, the match will be between: The Master Of Puppets Jayden Darkhart and The Master of Shadows, Ven Ephah."

Gaia looked to both Jay and Ven, both looking to each other...

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
This was the happiest day in Melody's life. She had had her cast taken off, she had a boyfriend now, and she had won her right to be a frontier brain.

When her name was announced, Ven gave her a warm hug and she walked on stage. In the crowd she could even see her sister, sitting on her Steelix's back and cheering for her. Scott handed her her symbol, it was exactly like she had drawn it. It resembled a knot but with a heart in the middle.

Scott had announced that Jay and Ven were going to battle to see who was strongest brain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y'know, Jay is going to try extra hard to win since you beat him bad when you guys were training." Melody joked With Ven. "But I know a little soemthing to give you good luck in your fight."

"Oh ya? What is that?" Ven asked curiosly.

"This." Mel kissed him on the cheek.

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
"Jayden, I-I... Love you," Gaia said, embracing Jayden in a hug.

Of course, Jay wasn't exactly too keen on even a hug, though it was better then the other option, and he just sort of sat there until it was over. Finally, when he was let go, Jayden sprung up from the ground, returning all his Pokemon except for Flygon, "A word of advice Gaia, love comes cheap and it breaks fast. I don't even wanna know how you... fell in love with me, but you'd do yourself well to fall out of it fast. I'm not going to change."

With that, Jayden hopped on Flygon, and flew back to the trainers house.

-THREE DAYS LATER-​

Jay groaned to himself. Really? This again? It wasn't that he had doubts about beating Ven. He didn't... at all. He knew Ven's strategy well enough to outwit him in battle.

But in all honesty, why the heck should he care if he was the final frontier brain or the runner up? Fame? Screw that. Fame was the last thing he really needed. It would be bad enough running a frontier building with overconfident trainers running through all the time.

All he had wanted out of this tournament was enough money to save his dying friend.

But all of that was completely useless now. His friend was as good as dead in the arms of the Rockets' while in such critical condition. Jay's shoulders dropped a bit at the thought, but he quickly recovered. Now wasn't the time to get all somber.

He was still going to battle Ven. He was still going to be a frontier brain. He'd come much too far to just back down like a weakling. So with that, he got up, and walked a seat down in front of Ven and Melody.

"Y'know, Jay is going to try extra hard to win since you beat him bad when you guys were training." Melody joked with Ven, despite the fact that Jay was right in front of them. "But I know a little something to give you good luck in your fight."

"Oh ya? What is that?" Ven asked curiously.

"This." Mel kissed him on the cheek.

Jayden rolled his eyes and said, "That's all lovely, but I came to wish you luck too. I hardly believe in it myself, but hey, you're going to need it Ven. I'm not going to be as easy to beat as last time. At all."

With that Jay turned and walked away to prepare for his battle. He needed to reorganize his team....

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
------Five Minutes Later------​

Ven looked around and saw that everyone had gotten to the stadium fast, some standing on the stands that hadn't be destroyed by the attacking forces, Ven picked out Melody, the only person who he really cared about in the tournament, the others who had tried to be friendly, he just ignored them, Jayden was like him, more so then he would like to admit, but there was one thing that made them different, and that was Melody, if it hadn't been for her, he wouldn't have changed, more people would be dead, and he could be one of them.

He shook the thoughts from his mind when the ref brought his flags crashing to his side, Ven was due to send out his Pokémon first, and he pulled out one of his lesser known Pokémon.

"Absol, from the dark." He threw the red and white sphere which burst open to reveal his Absol, a growl ripped through his throat.

"Jayden, its your turn." The referee called.

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
"Absol, from the dark," Ven called, throwing out a Pokemon that the crowds were unfamiliar with. Fortunately for Jayden, he also owned an Absol, and knew its strengths... and weaknesses.

"Jayden, its your turn," the referee called, causing Jayden to scowl. He knew it was his turn. He just was deciding what he wanted to do. Anything that could hit hard would have an advantage against a Pokemon with such poor defense as an Absol.

"So let's show him no mercy," Jayden muttered to himself. "Go Granbull!"

The dog-Pokemon materialized in a beam of white light, forming and letting out a cry of determination. This Granbull had not seen the battlefield in awhile, but it was clear by its sheer size alone that it was a formidable opponent.

Big and slow isn't exactly my usual style, but for this battle... it'll work.

"Granbull, forward!" Jay yelled. Granbull let out another cry of determination, and charged forward. He just hoped that Ven would take the bait....

"Absol, dodge and use Faint Attack, go!"

Jay smirked. Even though it was physically impossible to dodge such an attack, all Jayden really needed was a chance to close the distance between the two Pokemon.

"Granbull, dig your feet into the ground, and then when it hits, Crunch!" Jayden ordered. Absol made its mark slamming into Granbull with quite a bit of force, but Granbull held fast, all four of its paws clamped firmly to the floor. It was then, that Granbull showed some impressive reflex speed, and caught Absol in its jaws.

"Now throw it up!" Jayden commanded, knowing that a mere Crunch attack wouldn't do too much damage. "Now use Brick Break!"

Granbull threw Absol to the air, its right paw glowing with power. She then jumped up, and chopped one clean shot on Absol's back, slamming the Dark Type Pokemon into the ground.

Granbull landed on two feet, but then fell to its knees in pain. Jayden scowled. That Faint Attack should not have done that much damage.... Regardless, Granbull stood up a moment later, waiting to see if Absol was going to take another hit.

((OOC: Stabberz, I think it should just switch off with wins. I win, you win, I win, you win, a tie, and then the last Pokemon... which we have our plan for. Fair enough?))

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
3 days Before

"Well just sign here to be a full time model" Marissa's agent said as Marissa reluctantly signed with her signature on the contract. "So I have to withdraw from the tournament" the blonde bombshell asked her agent as he nodded.

"Oh well if it has to be done" she remarked as she got driven out from a limo back to Celedon City where she was to start her career. "Oh well" she thought as she stared at the window from her car "If only but then I have to take it and it is an opportunity".

Marissa remembered that she really didn't do much in the competition but she realised that she wanted to become model so very much which she took happily without any reluctance what so ever.

Current

A Woman stood in the background keeping her distance away from the crowd. The women had long dark red hair; she was very good looking but had a sexy quality of her although something didn't seem right with her cold light blue eyes. She wore a black cocktail dress and black heels which worked with her figure quite well but thankfully to her expression, no one took notice of her but on the battle.

She watched as Ven and Jayden started to battle. She smirked as she keenly wondered who was going to win even though it didn't matter to her at all who was the victor was going to be. She looked around and saw the rest of the Frontier leaders and smirked in a suggestive way. Not much was known about the seductive red haired and she didn't like to show herself unless needed for her personal gain and orders.

Last edited: