• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Frontier: The Beginning. (PG-13)

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
OOC: Let's just have it as Knockout.

Ven sighed as Absol collapsed, he returned the disaster Pokémon and then pulled out another Pokémon, this would be the one time he wasn't packing his powerhouses, he saw Jayden recall Granbull as was required, it was going to be a tough match.

"Mightyena, from the dark." He yelled releasing his next Dark Type, it gave a loud bark as it was released, it looked around the crowd, it then turned its attention to Jayden who was in the process of calling out his next Pokémon.

"I can't give up." Ven murmured.

OOC: Shadow the battle will work like so.

Mightyena vs your next Pokémon: Mightyena wins and then both are recalled.
My Nex Pokémon vs Your Next Pokémon: Yours wins and then its recalled.

Also we should post our teams so we don't have to wait for ages for the other to post.

Mine: Mightyena, Sableye, Luxray, Cacturne, Umbreon

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Madame, Sweets and the reluctant Rem were dancing on the side-lines, cheering with pom-poms like cheerleaders.

Melody was singing along with them for a bit, thinking it would help. She even noticed Ven had gathered a fan club, girls and boys dressed in all black cheering darkly.

"Rip his head off!" "Show him the true power of darkness!" "Show him the ferocity of the night!" were some of the scary cheers coming from the crowd.

Right in the middle of the mix of scary and fun cheers, Melody suddenly noticed something missed. By now CD would've taken over the jumbo-tron and showed instant replays or other clips, but CD was nowhere.

"Psst, Topper, have you seen CD?" Melody tried to whisper over the cheering.

"[Hate you tell you this Boss, but she emailed herself away this morning. But she did give me a note to give you when you asked about her.]" Topper handed Melody a note written in CD's sharp handwriting.

Hey Mel,
Things were getting a little intense around here, so I starting a little plotting. Don't worry, I'll explain later. Just be sure to get everyone packed and ready to go.

Typical CD, you can never figure her out. Always plotting always scheming. The only question is is she doing something good or bad?

bookauthor1123

Changing Altitudes
OoC: Hey Manga, there is a slight bit of bunnying involving your character and mine...just thought you should know. Again, please don't mind the bunnying

3 Days Later...

Malik is still in the final days of his stress induced coma. Surprisingly, Saffira wouldn't stop visiting him in the hospital. It wasn't anything special, but she did stop by to see how he was doing. Every now and again, she would bring a small flower or a few bunches of some and put them in a vase the nurses left out for any visitors. The nurses left his Pokeballs on the counter next to him, and they haven't been used ever since the attack from Team Rocket.

Suddenly, a knock was on the door while it was about noon. No one was inside but Malik in the bed. The person just barged in anyway.

[Ugh! Who is it now? I hope it's not Saffira...she's been worrying to much about me..I mean she even went out of her way to check up on me everyday! ...even if it WAS just for a few minutes.]

The door slowly swung open, and a head peeked inside.

[Huh? AmBeR!?!?] Malik thought.

"...Wow. Doctors weren't kidding! You AREN'T looking too good!" she said even though Malik couldn't speak.

She walked over to the chair left out for any visitors and sat down next to him. Periodically during her visit, she would take a glance over at her watch.

" 10 minutes" she said, looking over to a hospital clock to make sure her watch was set correctly. "*Sigh* Malik, Malik, Malik...your so useless!" she said looking disappointed at his Pokeballs. "All that fighting you put in to protect that one little Trainers House...If it were me, I would've let the thing go down! Isn't that important anyway--"

Malik reached over and grabbed Amber's arm, shocking her out of her skin.

"Your right Amber...if you were ME, you would've let the Housing fall....but the difference between me and you? Well, it's obvious really...I'M NOT YOU!!" he yelled explaining himself to her.

"Ma-Malik!? Your--your...AWAKE!!??" Amber studdered.

Malik rose up from his bed and sat over the side towards Amber, she scooted back a little to give him room. He looked up and gazed at the clock for the time.

"How long have I been out for?" he asked.

"Oh! Uhh...about 4...5 days..."

"...huh..." he said unphased by the situation. "I miss anything important?"

"No, not much...just that they've called out the Frontier Brains...Oh! And Jay and Ven are about to have an expa--expo---experdit---"

"Expedition Match?" Malik corrected.

"...yea. That."

Malik shook his head and felt a sharp pain, he has just remembered what had happened. "...I...I passed out...didn't I?"

"Yea. Crashed right there in front of the Trainer's House."

"I remember it now...Torterra and Staro brought me here...after that I'd been having these weird dreams...and then...(looks up to Amber) And then YOU came in.."

"(Face turns to a frown) Well I didn't HAVE to show up here you know...I could've just waited to tell you all the news..." Amber rebutted.

(Malik breathes out a hot breath of air to calm down...) "Look, let me get dressed. Then, you take me to this..Expedition Match you've been going on about..." Malik said feeling around the bed for some clothes.

(Amber gets out of the chair and calmly walks to the door, she breathes heavily, then looks back to Malik) "...glad to see your okay, Malik...you had me worried..." (walks into the hallway, then heads to the elevator)

"*BLEACH!!*" Malik wretched thinking about Amber. "Man, she annoys me...oh, well. Where are my ClOtHeS?" he asked himself.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Saffira Blue

Saffira had decided to skip the final match all together. It wasn’t a secret that she didn’t give a crap who won like a few of the new brains. Anyways she got headaches a little to much when she was around huge screaming crowds of people. At the moment she was out side of the stadium sitting on a rock just outside of the forest.

It was her last few minuets here and she just wanted to check one last time for Grovyle. Holding out all of her Pokeballs, she sent out her entire team of Pokémon asking them, “Okay, I’m going to look for Grovyle one last time if anyone wants to help me they can come with.”

Kai the Kabutops shook his head, “Sorry, but no. I’m not going to go looking for that little-”

Saffira cut him off, “Okay one for not going,” and then gave him a glare motioning towards Angel the Banette.

Sage the Ninetales twitched her tails and said, “I shall not be going either.”

Saffira was a little surprised at this, but nodded, “Okay anyone else want to give their input?”

Vaporeon and Ace the Ampharos both agreed that they were going along with a hyper active Angle. This left Ari the Skarmory.

He looked kind of in the middle, but when he caught the look in both Kai and Sage’s eyes he shook his head sadly, “Sorry, but no Saffy.”

Saffira gave a forced smile and said, “Okay, you guys can stay out here for now so that you can get some fresh air before the journey home.” She turned away followed by Ace and Vaporeon and scooped up Angel on her way inside the forest. “See ya later guys!” She called back as she disappeared into the green foliage.

“Okay then, why don’t we spread out and look for him? Me and Angel and you two,” She said unsurely motioning towards Ace and Vaporeon. The nodded and bolted off in a random direction leaving Saffira alone with Angel. “Let’s get started then, to the mountains.” Angel gave a giddy yelp and grabbed on to Saffira’s shoulders so that she could give her a piggyback ride.

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
((OOC: Sounds good to me. My team is: Growlithe, Flygon, Manectric, Swellow, Combusken))

"Mightyena, from the dark," Ven called, releasing the Wolflike Pokemon. It let out a bark of determination as Jayden pulled out his next Pokemon.

"Growlithe, show him who's the top dog," Jay said calmly as the Puppy Pokemon was released.

"Groooow!" Growlithe howled, blowing a plume of smoke out of its nose. The two canine Pokemon stared at each other, letting out growls until either of their trainers made an order.

Jayden was the first to call an order: "Growlithe, use a combination. Agility and Flame Wheel! Go!"

Growlithe let out another determined howl, and ran forward at top speed, zigzagging around to confuse Mightyena. Mightyena followed Growlithe with it's eyes, but didn't move as the Puppy-Pokemon's body ignited with flames.

"Mightyena, slow it down with Scary Face, and then use Crunch!" Ven shouted. Jayden scowled, slightly surprised at that strategy. Unfortunately, he didnt' have time to tell Growlithe to stop before its Agility attack was rendered basically useless.

Mightyena wasted no time in closing the distance between it and its opponent, its gaping jaws clamping onto poor Growlithe in a critical spot. Jayden knew that since Mightyena was so much larger then Growlithe, it would be tough to just shake off. He needed a better idea....

"Growlithe! Flamethrower on the ground!"

"Grooooow-LITHE!" it roared, letting out a jet of flames towards the floor. The pressure sent both Pokemon flying to the air, and caused Mightyena to let go.

"Use Iron Tail!" Jay called.

"Sucker Punch!" Ven countered.

"Crap," Jay muttered to himself. Sucker Punch always hit first in situations like this. There was nothing he could do as Mightyena slammed a claw into Growlithe's small body, sending it crashing to the floor. Mightyena landed steadily, letting out a howl of victory.

"Growlithe, return," Jayden sighed as Ven did the same for his victorious Pokemon. Jayden enlarged another Pokeball, muttering, "You won't be so lucky this time. Flygon, let's go!"

"Flyyyygon!" the dragon Pokemon roared as it fazed into existence. It's polygonal wings wasted no time in spreading out, taking Flygon to the skies.

((OOC: Go ahead and write out the part with Flygon. I trust you will come up with something creative. lol))

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Ven sighed as Flygon was revealed. "Tyranitar would of been helpful, but no..."He muttered as he threw his Pokéball, it burst open with a blinding flash of light that soon dispersed to reveal his Pokémon, a Sableye.

"Flygon use Dragonbreath." Never missing a beat Jayden ordered the first command, his Flygon darted into action unleashing a mystical wave of green air that arced through the air at such a speed that Sableye was unable to dodge and took the attack straight on.

"Shadow Sneak." Ven retaliated angrily.

His Pokémon suddenly disappeared from sight and then a small shadow began to slide along the ground towards Flygon.

Jayden was ready however and called for an Earthquake, his Pokémon happy to do as it was asked crashed to the ground, it landed hard and sent a powerful crack straight at Sableye who was thrown up into the air alongside a few rocks.

"Sableye." Ven growled.

"Draco Meteor." The command echoed out of Jayden's mouth and Flygon was ready, a yellow portal like sphere appeared on its chest and then suddenly seven yellow and black meteors shot from its chest, crashing straight into the already weakened Sableye, the Darkness Pokémon cried out in pain before collapsing into unconsciousness.

Without a word, Ven returned his Pokémon and replaced it with another Pokéball, Jayden had also recalled his Flygon, still silent, Ven released his Fourth Pokémon, a Luxray, he then awaited Jayden's Pokémon.

OOC: Your up.

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
"A Luxray huh?" Jayden asked to himself. "I could use something with a clear advantage... but where's the fun in that? Go, Manectric!"

The lion-like Pokemon appeared in a beam of red energy, roaring and sparking at its opponent. Jay crossed his arms, a smirk adorning his face. This time, he was going to wait for Ven to make the first move....

"Use Crunch!" Ven finally shouted. Luxray let out a cry of determination, and then sprang forward.

But it was well known that Luxray was rather slow for an electric Pokemon, and thus, Jayden knew where his advantage lay. Speed.

"Magnet Rise!" Jay commanded. Manectric glowed a silvery-blue hue, and started to levitate off the ground, just narrowly avoiding Luxray's attack. "Now hit it with Shock Wave!"

"Manectric!" the Shock-Lion cried, sending out bolt of blue electricity. Normally, electric attacks would not do much to another electric Pokemon, but the close distance between the two of them gave Manectric's attack a bit of edge.

"Luxray, jump up and hit it with Night Slash!" Ven shouted. Jayden let out a small scowl as Luxray shook off the Shock Wave and brought down Manectric with a clean swipe.

Manectric, however, jumped back up, skidding to a halt opposite Luxray. Jay knew it had taken some heavy damage... and so he really only had one chance: "Manectric, go in close and hit it with Thunder Fang!"

"Luxray, counter with your own Thunder Fang attack!"

The two lionlike Pokemon rushed at each other, their gaping jaws sparking with power. Unfortunately, the Night Slash that Manecrtic had been hit with caused the Shock Lion to double over in pain, and Luxray was granted a clean hit on Jay's Pokemon.

"Damn," Jayden muttered as Manectric collapsed in Luxray's jaws. He quickly pulled out a Pokeball, returning his Pokemon. Ven had countered quite well, Jayden would give him that... but he had not expected this to be an easy match.

Still, he had his ace in the hole. The one Pokemon that would decide the match for him...

But it wasn't time to use it yet. Instead, Jayden turned to the Pokemon sitting on his shoulder, "Girl, you're up."

"Swellow!" Swellow cried, taking to the skies while Ven chose his next Pokemon.

bookauthor1123

Changing Altitudes
A Few Minutes Later...

After Malik got dressed in a new red outfit (the doctors ripped up the other one *WAH!*), he followed Amber to where the match was being held.

"How'd THEY end up fighting?" Malik asked as they walked down the trail.

"Welp, they had to decide which of the two was more eligible to be the Seventh and Eighth Frontier Brains so they decided to make it an Expedition Match" Amber explained leading the way.

[Hmm...Ven versus Jay! Gonna be one helluva match up...] Malik thought. "Hey Amber let's go a little faster, I don't want to miss the fight."

"Ugh! Okay, fine! Let's go!" Amber said.

They ran forward and walked inside a building, where screaming fans threw their hands up as Ven and Jay went head to head.

"Wow! The place sure is packed!!" Amber yelled.

"Yea! Let's hurry and finda good seat!!" Malik requested.

They walked down the walkway and headed to at least three rows behind the front row, and saw two empty seats just lying there.

"HEY! There's some!" Amber yelled.

"Hurry, let's get em!"

They ran over the crowds cheering and said their excuse me's and pardon me's as they headed for the two lonely seats...

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
"Cacturn, from the dark," Ven called out smoothly, releasing his next Pokemon. Jayden said nothing in response, knowing he had a clear advantage...

But I can't rule out the fact that he must have something up his sleeve. Why choose Cacturn unless he has some kind of plan? I better be careful, Jayden thought to himself. He then issued his first order, "Swellow, go in close and use Aerial Ace!"

"Counter with Needle Arm," Ven said as Swellow flew up, and then dived for its opponent. Cacturn's arm glowed with power, and the Pokemon let out a cry as it attempted to hit Swellow to no avail. Swellow had vanished from sight, just as it came in close, and then reappeared behind Cacturn, hitting it head on with its powerful Flying attack.

"Don't hold back Swellow. Hit it with Heat Wave!"

"Sweeeeelll," Swellow responded, its body glowing with heat. Jayden knew this would be the end of Cacturn. A Flying attack followed by a Fire one meant a grass type would have no chance.

"Cacturn, Destiny Bond," Ven said stoicly.

Damn, Jay thought, but on the outside said nothing as Swellow released flames. Cacturn glowed at the last moment before fainting, and suddenly, Swellow fell to the ground, exhausted.

Too bad, Jayden thought as he walked onto the field to pick up his Pokemon. Swellow glanced up at him, muttering an apology, but Jay just pat her on the head. With that, Swellow took her usual perch on Jayden's shoulder.

"What an intense battle!" the announcer said over the loudspeakers. "Both trainers are down to one Pokemon each. This will be the tie-breaker!"

Jayden rolled his eyes.

What a damn useless battle, he thought to himself as he pulled the last Pokeball off his belt. I could care less if I was the Last Frontier brain or not. I know I'm a better trainer then Ven as it is. There's just no point to this....

"Umbreon," Ven called. Jayden watched as a very familiar Pokemon formed in the middle of the field, and hissed in his direction. He had almost brought his own Umbreon into the fight... almost.

But he had decided against it for his last Pokemon: "Combusken! Let's go!"

"Combusken!" the bird Pokemon shouted as it was released. Its eyes locked into Umbreon, and narrowed. Jay knew he had his win. When Combusken was in its mode, it was unstoppable.

"Combusken, try to get close," Jayden ordered.

"Umbreon, don't let it happen. Dodge and use Shadow Ball!" Ven shouted. Umbreon leapt to the side as Combusken attempted to slash at the catlike Pokemon with its claws, and fired a powerful looking Shadow Ball.

"Counter with Flamethrower," Jay said cooly. Combusken landed, and turned around, producing explosive looking flames in a matter of seconds, obliterating the Shadow Ball and hitting Umbreon.

Thankfully, for Ven, Umbreon leapt out of the flames almost as soon as it had been hit, minimizing the damage overall. The fire however, continued to hit the stadium wall, melting a small wedge into it.

So much stored up heat, Jay thought. This is good. I know exactly what I can do to win.

"Combusken, use Overheat on the floor!" Jayden shouted. Combusken let out a battle cry, and released a ton of stored heat through a huge beam of fire, enough heat so that even Jayden had to wipe sweat off his forehead.

After Combusken had used up all its fire energy, it landed on the ground, panting. The floor all around it was bubbling hot and like mud.

"Good job Ven," Jay said suddenly. "You are a talented trainer. But Umbreon can't move easily in this mud. Meanwhile, Combusken is a fighting type. One Sky Uppercut, and you're done for. Combusken..." Jayden trailed off.

Combusken took the hint, and its claws glowed blue with power. It ran forward, and Umbreon could do nothing as it closed in.

Closer.

Closer.

"COMBUSKEN!" the bird roared, slamming its claws down. Dust filled the area, shielding the crowd's view of what had just happened, but Jay already knew what was going on.

He stepped forward, shoving his hands in his pockets and stated, "We surrender. Ven is the Frontier Head."

The dust cleared to show that Combusken had not actually hit Umbreon, but the ground next to it. The dark type stared at the bird, its eyes wide with surprise, but Combusken said nothing as it leapt up, and back to Jay's side.

"The truth is, I don't really care," Jay continued. "This tournament has become meaningless to me. The difference between first and second place doesn't matter anymore. Combusken, let's go."

And just like that, the tournament was over.

Jayden had surrendered.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
"Holy Miltank that was intense! Maybe a little too intense for my taste." a pixilated voice came over the speakers an a familiar orange and neon-blue figure appeared on the jumbo-tron.

"[...CD!]" Mel and her pokemon shouted.

"That's right ladies and gents. Welcome back to CD TV CD FM&AM and a'course CD podcasts!" CD the vocaloid said in her MTV-style way "Over the past weeks we've all had our fair share of exciting battle. Some for gloary, others for our lives! So I figured that the 16 finalists deserved a little somethin' somethin' for thier hard work. That, AND I'M A PARTY ANIMAL!"

"No... Way! She isn't serious! Hahaha!" Melody shouted in excitement.

"That's right boys n girls, I'm talking bout an all out party in my old home, Ze ol' Chateau chez me and my buds. Get there ASPA people! The food's gettin' cold and the drinks are gettin' warm, but the beats are always hot!" CD was waving her arms around to get everyone's attention "Oh, and for the more... Emo contestants: DON'T BE PARTY POOPERS! You've earned this so put your black hair-dye away for a few hours and come n have some fun!"

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Ven grunted, Jayden had surrendered...but he agreed with him...who the leader of the battle frontier was, was trivial at best, " A sigh escaped his lips, the tournament was over and very soon the eight of them would be leaving to go to their frontier's which meant he would have to be away from Melody.

As if merely thinking about her was enough to bring her close, Melody was beside him, slowly he put his arm around her and smiled slightly, although it didn't reach his eyes, he then turned to Scott who walked over to him holding a symbol, casually he flicked it over and Ven caught it, the Fear Symbol an almost pure black symbol with a simple gold outline and three golden dots in the middle.

"The tournament is over." Scott said loud enough for everyone to hear. "If the Frontier Brains would follow me, I will take you to the Battle Frontier HQ here in Hoenn and from there you will travel to your facilities."

With his smile still on his face, Ven turned to Melody, removed his arm from around her and slipped his hand into hers...

THE END.