• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Frontier: The Beginning. (PG-13)

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Dann landed back down. "All righty then.. I'll go with Popo, Moey, and Baff." He threw their respective balls out. "Okay, you guys will be the ones playing our first battle." Popo and Baff danced around happily.

Moey stood still.

"Remember my first warning, okay? DON'T. LOOK. IN. THEIR. EYES." The two moving Pokemon nodded eagerly. "All right, then! You guys can stay out for a little while, okay?"

"Vena!" "Toge!" "..."

OOC: ShadowWolf, are you even supposed to battle for your opponent?

Last edited:

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Saffira Blue

As Jayden's battle began Saffira took her seat in the stands. Thankfully the competitors got front row seat to all of the other battles besides their own, so at the moment Saffira was leaning over the only thing that kept her and her fellow competitors from being hit by the flurry of powerful attacks, the railing. Grovyle sat beside her of course Along with Skarmory and Vaporeon, there was a lot of room in the front row so the closest person to her was about five seats away.

At the moment she was trying to get her pokemon to watch and learn from their possible opponent’s strategy. Both of the kids out on the field were showing some pretty amazing tactics, it was no wonder they had been invited to the competition.

Saffira watched in awe as the Manectric jumped into the air and stayed there safe from the Venusaur’s earthquake. Grovyle seemed to be rather relaxed even though his half opened yellow irises were following every move on the field; this was how he always acted when in deep thought.

Suddenly a voice from behind Saffira snapped her attention from the battle and caused her to turn around and face the one who had spoken, “Hey you know it’s dangerous to hang over the railing like that, you could fall.” The kid who had spoken was a short 18 year old green haired boy with a white flannel shirt and black pants. He was looking rather grim and hunched over compared to the beautiful Gardevoir that followed closely behind him.

“What’s it to you?” Saffira said as she looked the new arrival up and down.

The kid looked rather taken aback by this comment, “Uh… well I just don’t want you getting hurt before our battle, it would be horrible for you to come on to the field with crutches.”

The word “our” registered in Saffira’s mind as she put two and two together and came up with four. “Well, Wally, I’m not sure I should be the one worried about meeting a pair of crutches in the near future.”

Unfazed by Saffira’s recognition he still seemed slightly taken by her choice of words, “Don’t underestimate me just because I look like a cripple. You might find that when at one’s worst condition you can find the peak of your power in your attempt to raise your self back to normal.”

Glaring Saffira studied his words carefully trying to see if there was anything to them, when she found nothing abnormal about them she gave a sneer, “Yeah, it looks like you’ve been spending too much time with Hoenn’s own trick master. You might find that one’s,” She put emphasis on the word ones, “peak power is only achieved when the pokemon and the trainer work as one to achieve the goal. When a trainer sits back and watches they’ve only won half the battle, the other half is trust and reliance.”

Wally seemed to take her words to heart and he seemed to want to respond, but he suddenly bent over with a look of pain in his eyes. Gardevoir bolted without hesitation pushing him into a sitting position on one of the nearby seats. His eyes looked pained as he continued what he was saying, “Me and my pokemon have been through everything together, they know me and I know them. Even through my weakness we don’t hold back anything, so don’t hold back against a cripple like me.”

Even though he was doubled over in pain he managed to stick his hand out in front on himself in a friendly motion. Saffira almost fell over the railing with confusion what was this kid trying to achieve?

Saffira backed away from the railing and looked back to Grovyle for support. He was now standing and staring incredulously at the Gardevoir that had its hand placed on Wally’s back.

“Don’t hold back and hit us with everything you’ve got,” Wally repeated his breath shaking slightly.

After a moment of thought Saffira thrust her hand out in front of her and shook Wally’s. His hand looked so frail against her healthy hand. Wally smiled, looking even more pathetic, as Gardevoir gave him a type of medicine. He took it from her and swallowed it in a few weak gulps; in a few minuets he was looking more alive again.

“Sorry you had to see that, I hope this battle doesn’t mean we have to be enemies,” Wally said now sitting in the seat that was one down from Saffira’s.

Hoping that Wally didn’t think them to be friends Saffira nodded absently and then averted her eyes back to the battle. Jayden was onto his second pokemon now and the tension was getting hotter with every oncoming second. He through out a Combusken and commanded it to automatically use heat wave on the Venusaur which fainted it instantly.

Even though Saffira didn’t agree with the battle tactic she was still slightly favoring Jayden. Though the odds were against him, Saffira liked his battle style and his lithe pokemon worked well with it. As long as Rory was going with Poliwrath though Saffira wasn’t sure he would win even with his extreme speed.

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
"Poliwrath! Use Water Gun!" Rory ordered.

Jayden snorted at the move, but in his mind he knew that Combusken was probably too tired to move quite as fast as before. Thankfully, he was blessed enough to have a Pokemon against him that was not known for its speed. He could work with that.

"Combusken, hang tough!" Jay shouted. Combusken let out a cry of determination, and held its arms in an "x" position over its head and chest. The Water Gun hit head on, but Combusken dug its claws into the ground.

"Alright... on my mark.... NOW!" Jay shouted.

"Combusken!" it shouted, ducking underneath the water attack and dashing forward. Poliwrath let out a surprised cry, but could do nothing as Combusken charged towards it, its claws glowing with power. Without an extra order from Jay, Combusken hit Poliwrath with a Sky Uppercut.

Poliwrath went skidding backwards from the force of the blow, but did not seem too fazed. And for that matter, neither did Rory....

"Don't give it any distance Combusken!" Jay ordered. "Make sure you stay in close. This is a battle for your strength and your strength only!"

Combusken nodded, and once again charged forward closing the distance once again. This time, it's claws sparked with electricity.

"Don't let that Thunderpunch touch you Poliwrath! Use Water Pulse to stop it in its tracks!"

The area around Poliwrath glowed blue, until a funnel of water erupted from the ground, hitting Combusken mid-attack. Combusken was thrown backwards, and hit the ground rather hard.

Jayden didn't react.

"Combusken is unable to... no wait!"

Combusken managed to get up and let out a cry of determination once again, but it was clear that it would not take much to knock it out now. Meanwhile, Poliwrath seemed pretty spry.

You can pull through with this last move, Jay thought. We just have to bide our time until he attacks us.

"There's no way that chicken can move now. Poliwrath, give it a Dynamic Punch!"

Perfect, Jay thought, smirking. "Combusken, use Reversal!"

Combusken was clearly struggling to stay standing, but watched carefully as Poliwrath drew ever closer. Suddenly, just as the Dynamic Punch was going to hit, Combusken whipped around, and grabbed the water type, twisted it around, and flung it to the other side of the stadium so it hit a wall.

"And Combusken comes back with an impressive Reversal!" the announcer called. "But what's this! It seems Poliwrath is still standing! Amazing!"

Jayden sighed, and gripped the Pokeball on his belt, "Combusken, return."

"And Jayden surrenders the second round by returning Combusken. What will his last Pokemon be? And furthermore, will it be able to defeat Poliwrath and whatever Rory's last Pokemon is?"

No taking chances, Jayden thought. I was going to use Umbreon... but....

"Swellow! Let's go!" Jayden roared as he threw his very first Pokemon into the battle. Swellow appeared, and let out a cry as it circled around the field above Poliwrath.

"Poliwrath, bring that Swellow down with some water. Hydro Pump! Go!" Rory shouted.

"Don't think so," Jay said. "Swellow use Quick Attack to dodge!"

Swellow gracefully avoided each Hydro Pump with a quick turn, flip, or corkscrew. Clearly, Swellow had experience in not only battle, but contests as well, "Now hit it with Aerial Ace!"

Just like that, Swellow vanished, and reappeared behind Poliwrath, hitting it with a powerful blow that sent it flying.

"Now finish this up!" Jay cried, knowing that that wouldn't bring down Poliwrath. "Mirror Move!"

"Sweeelllow!" it cried as it sent out its own jet of water, sending Poliwrath into a wall once again.

"Poliwrath is unable to battle, Swellow is the victor!" the referee shouted.

Rory didn't even wait for the announcer to make some kind of witty comment, and instead sent out his next Pokemon. A Ninetails.

His frustration is showing. He's nervous. That means I have this battle in the bag. If he isn't connected with his Pokemon, then he's done.

treespyro

Vintage much?
"So Carl Davis" she thought as she sat there looking at the screen with her legs crossed not really caring about her opponent's Pokemon and history. "Don't care who they are I am here to win it" she thought as she focused back at her magazine as she heard Jayden's name, "After his battle I will confront him".

"Marissa" replied a voice to which Marissa looked up "Hi I am your first round opponent". Marissa replied "mm hm" with the body language showing that she didn't care. "So...My name is Carl" he said reached out his hand for a shake as Marissa got up "Sorry but I am not really into the talking part, I'll like to keep to myself Carl, sorry" she said in a nice tone to sound less rude as she walked away.

"So what Pokemon should I use" she thought "I got it, I'll scare the living daylights out of them" she winked as she realized that she was talking to herself "Ahh nevermind". Marissa continued to read as she knew that the other competitors were around her including her opponent.

kuriboh361

Bearer of Peace
Luigi noticed the missing feature of Ami and he did not like it. Ami did not need to be a wimp, she needed to be strong. She needed to have a strong mind, a strong heart and a strong soul to face everything. Her eyes were glassy as they faced him making feel uneasy. He had to cure her somehow. Somehow… He created a rather small and weak whirlpool which hit her in the face. She was back. Luigi glared at her while shouting in his special language. Although Ami did not understand him, she somehow understood what the message was. He continued to blab on as Ami nodded, mouth a little open. She realized that all of this was upsetting Luigi and if she were to continue then it would affect the whole team. She had to get a grip. Get a good grip so she would stay like that for all her life. “I understand Luigi,” she responded before cuddling him, “I’m sorry for acting like this. But my nerves… They’re just a little uneasy,”

Luigi rolled his eyes. He’s never had any problems with that. She giggled as she put him on her back. With care, she managed to transport herself and Luigi into her room, number four. She opened her door with her cardkey before entering, making sure to step over the backpack which she had place in front of the door. She did not know why but she just did it without thinking. “Luigi, do you think we ought to check up this… Jordan Michaels shall we?” she asked Luigi who gave her a thumbs up. She gave a small grin before she carefully put him on the table where the laptop which had been given to her rested. She sat on the chair. Mysteriously, the laptop was already on. Ami raised her eyebrow up while Luigi imitated dancing before jumping on the ground to rest. “Fern, oh Fern,” she said as she moved the cursor to reveal a Mozilla Firefox rested on a page about fertiliser. She shook her head and noticed there were other tabs about random things. One was about aliens and another was about herself, Ami. Huh?

She went to the specific tab and noticed that this was the website of the tournament. That was a small picture of her and her purple kimono on the top right of the page. It was the picture she used to qualify into the Battle Frontier, the passport picture. There was purple text revealing lots of information about her. Her history, her personality, her dreams… They were all there in the internet. There were even articles about her pokemon. There was even a poll to see which pokemon was the best to them. Fern currently won. I guess her cheekiness could drive her far. She smiled before scrolling up to click the homepage of the sight. Lots of yellow and orange pixels were shown in the homepage which stunned Ami for a few seconds. When she recovered, she noticed pictures of pokemon scattered around the homepage and random pictures of the competitors. She saw Gaia peeking through from the corner. She grinned before being lightly punched by Luigi.

“Okay, okay,” she said before noticing that the list was neatly typed up in one of the categories near the site’s banner.

She could’ve saved a lot of time if she had just done that. Luigi shook his head too. She sighed as the clicked on the URL and almost immediately sixty four names in a pretty font of sky blue. She used the simple shortcut of Ctrl+F and soon she wound up with the profile of her trainer. He seemed a little cocky and the people of Battle Frontier called him rather snooty and spoilt. There were several of his quotes which didn’t involve anything to do with the bond of the trainer and the pokemon. Sigh… He was going to lose. Without a doubt. Well, his pokemon consisted of Abomasnow, Breloom and Cacturne.

All of a sudden, he knew what pokemon he needed, “I’ve got it!”

It caused Luigi to fall due to the tone of her voice which was normally smooth and gentle. Luigi started complaining before he suddenly realized that it was for a good cause. Ami had a battle strategy. He scrambled up to her, looking at her with pleasing eyes. She had a wide smile on her face. “Well, we’ll have to use Marina. She’ll be excellent with her fighting moves. Besides, if any of those pokemon use any grass type move, we’ll have a backup plan,” she said, excitedly. Luigi had a blank look on his face.

Ami continued, not explaining, “Then, we’ll need Drew, his ice type moves will do miracles with them,”

Luigi nodded to that comment. He knew he wasn’t going to be picked because water types without moves to hurt grass types would never be chosen. And… He was right.

“We’ll also need Sayonara. Her high hit points and attacks will handle them real good,” she continued. Everything was set. She walked out, Luigi being cradled by her. She made sure to lock the door behind her and set out, an encouraging smile on her face. She was somewhere in the forest at that time and she thought no one would be there. She put Luigi on the ground and one by one, she tossed the other pokemon out. Sayonara was the first as she twirled in all her splendour. Next out was Fern, who circled Sayonara teasing about while giggling. When Marina was sent out she joined in the commotion too. Sayonara began to feel dizzy. As soon as Olive came out, she tried to cease all of this. Olive nearly won but Fern had managed to somehow ignore Grasswhistle. She continued. Ami shook her head before releasing Drew from his pokeball. He opened his shell up and hopped up and down which was a difficult task for any Cloyster.

“Guys, be careful. Well, I’ve decided who shall be battling next round,” she proclaimed while her little pokemon army stood straight, “Sayonara, you shall be entering. We depend on your Psychic and Thunderbolt the most. Perhaps, practise your Return and do try to improve ‘Sing’.”

Sayonara hopped up high in the sky before realizing the rest were staring. She sweatdropped. He he. “Drew, you too will enter. Make sure to turn Aurora Beam into a piece of perfection. And do try to improve your Poison Jab and please, for the sake of us all, increase your protect,”

Drew seemed less keen as he heard the last order but was extremely pleased with Poison Jab. He loved using that move and he thought he looked rather cool in purple. “Finally,” she said as the other pokemon but Luigi tensed up, “Marina, you are the other competitor. Make sure you can perform Aqua Ring perfectly and try making the Blizzard colder. Oh, and Focus Punch is a definite move to practise,”

Marina squealed in joy while Fern and Olive sighed. “You’ll get your turn next time, guys,” she says, “Now, Fern, Olive, Luigi make sure they do a good job. Marina, Drew, Sayonara, target trees. Get to work please,”

Sayonara immediately cooked up a sizzling Thunderbolt which caused fire on the tops of one giant Oak Tree while Luigi, squirted a Whirlpool to put the fire out. Sayonara sweatdropped while Luigi sat down. He had to take watch. Marina hopped up and down before creating a super cool blizzard, freezing some trees. Fern performed a Sunny Day to unfreeze them. It was rather intense and while that was being done, she performed Focus Punch on a small bush. Not far from her, was Drew who was using Poison Jab on a shrub. To the human eye, it looked rather powerful as the plant wept. Olive though, shook his head before showing him how to do it on another shrub as leaves faded almost immediately. Ami then sprayed the shrubs with Poison Heals so they wouldn’t really cause much more danger to the wildlife. Everything was set!

Last edited:

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
After lunch, Ven and Melody had walked into the bustling stadium just in time to witness Jayden and his Swellow defeat Rory's Poliwrath.

"Where we gonna sit?" Ven asked shortly.

"Uh down there?" Melody replied pointing to where the girl Ven recognised as Seffie.

"I was going to sit here." Ven murmured, taking his seat.

"Uh, ok then." Melody replied with a smile as CD emerged from her Pokétch.

After a moment of silence Ven decided to speak up. "Are we going to watch all four matches this evening or do you want to do some training or something?" He asked.

OOC: Sorry for the abysmal post but I can't think of anything, anyway so the first four matches will be played and then we will be on day three, the rest of the matches will be played then.

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
"Swellow," Swellow said encouragingly, landing on Jayden's shoulder.

Jay brought up his arm to pet his Pokemon on the head, and said, "It's none of your business to butt into my personal life."

He paused as Gaia looked up. She was still beet red from this whole indecent, but Jay really didn't feel like it was his place to tell her anything. Swellow, however, nudged him with her wings, earning a groan of frustration.

"I owe my friend my life," Jay muttered. "He's been in the hospital for... awhile now. And since it's my fault he's there, I will pay for him until he can get out. I need the money that only an Elite Four or Frontier Brain can get monthly. Honestly, if there were another way to deal with this, I wouldn't even be here. I hate tournaments like this."

The loudspeakers announced that the draw was beginning once again, and Jay let out a sigh, "In any case, we don't have time to stick around here and chat. Our opponents are being chosen." He then left to go back.

"O......." Gaia whispered as she froze on that spot, "So that's the reason why he acts like that." She thought as suddenly her staraptor landed next to her, with a book in it's beak.

"Staraptor." It just said as it pointed to where the trainer house was.

"Thanks," She said as she took the drawbook and looked to her staraptor. Who turned it's head a bit, questioning why she was so silenced.

"Starap?" It asked,

"O, nothing." She replied as she took a pokeball, as it released a red light that engulfed the huge bird pokemon and it disappeared inside. She then left silently for the fighting dome, where at the moment was planned to hold four evening matches before tomorrow. Gaia didn't knew against who she was. And didn't really cared since she liked such suprises, just like she refuses to check up to see everyone's pokemon since she's a fast thinker after all, once she arrived inside she heard the normal battle noises and she looked around, but there was enough room left since this wasn't a big match, which will come in the next round, where there will be lots of people. By which Gaia remembered that maybe even Violet and Brawly could show up, but shoved the thought away since they both are very busy lately. She then sat down somewhere lonely and grabbed her drawbook, and looked up to the battle and sees the two trainers.

One of them was Jayden, and Gaia then decided to draw Jayden how she saw him earlier: Hugging his two pokemon in a silent scene, by which she started. She sometimes looked up to look at his face to try to remember his facial expression, but it was hard to remember everything. She looked up to see that this battle was almost over with a swellow facing a ninetails, but Gaia didn't want to see the end and decided to walk out again to the training grounds for some training.

When she was on the forest path from the dome to the training grounds she grabbed two pokeballs and released two pokemon; her staraptor who flew high up, and her nidoqueen who stood next to her. "Just time for some fresh air, I've left you aside for some time both of you, so I'm trying to make it up with you guys." Gaia stated as she started walking, whilst her nidoqueen walked next to her.

When they almost arrived at the training grounds, she heard noises of fists and attacks slamming against several trees. "I wonder what's going on there" Gaia stated

"Nido" Nidoqueen said as it raised it's shoulders and they proceeded, and suddenly a big shell pokemon came charging to them with spiky, purple spikes.

Gaia tried to protect herself by using her arms as a shield, but her nidoqueen stepped infront and blocked the ramming cloyster with it's strong chestarmor, and Nidoqueen then caught the cloyster. As Gaia looked to Nidoqueen "I owe you one Nidoqueen. That's for sure" She stated as they walked out of the woods and stepped on the sand of the training grounds, where she saw Ami again with several other pokemon. "O hi Ami, I think somebody went to far ahead." She said as she poined to Nidoqueen who hold the cloyster, as it walked up to Ami and placed it next to her.

Suddenly a huge bird came charging from above, aiming for a buizel. "Staraptor!" It shouted as it prepared an aerial-ace attack, to knock the buizel out and grab it.

"No staraptor! That's not lunch, it's not food at all!" Gaia shouted to Staraptor as she ran up infront of the buizel and froze on the spot.

As soon as Staraptor saw that Gaia was in the way it flew up just in front of her whilst Gaia grabbed it's legs to get him down to the ground, "Staraptor, now you go down!" Gaia said on a demanding tone as Staraptor nodded and landed, placing Gaia on the ground, but was still eying on Ami's pokemon, but left them alone and flew low to the ground circles around them.

"Oof sorry," Gaia said as she scratched behind her ear, "I sometimes still have that with it, I got it through a trade, but it's more a problem that it's so big." She stated as she sat down on a nearby bench, "I see you're training, sorry for the mess up." She stated as she bowed her head as a sign of a japanese apology, "Go on ahead, I'll make sure nobody will bother you anymore, or in other words that my pokemon won't make a mess again." She then grabbed her drawbook and opened the page where she drew Jay whilst hugging both his umbreon and swellow, she let her fingers go over his face.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
After a moment of silence Ven decided to speak up. "Are we going to watch all four matches this evening or do you want to do some training or something?" He asked.

"How bout we do half-n-half. We watch 2 matches, then do some training?" Melody responded. CD chirped in agreement and Ven nodded aswell.

She glanced over to the other side of the stadium and saw sour-puss Harmony and her own reserve pokemon cheering and whooping at the top of their lungs. They absolutely loved this type of thing. Sweets nearly dropped her gummy-ursas when they started the wave and Raze was half-way off the railing, trying to get close to the battle.

Mel simply grinned seeing her raised her mon right.

Last edited:

Flintlock

Watch Glass
((OOC: Yay for being nice and late due to school work -.- ))
Templar was awoken from his dozing state by the loud voice. Obviously he'd been half-sleeping for far too long. He rushed over to the trainer house at a surprising turn of pace (he'd had plenty of practice doing this). From outside he could hear the names being called, although there was a mass of people in the way. He couldn't really see a point trying to push his way to the front. Finally, he was able to hear his name being called out. Bloody hell. Okay; I'm up against this Nicolas Kage person... Right... Where do I remember that name from... Heh... I remember this guy... Time to reenact what Amelia did to this guy.

A number of years ago, back when Templar had been travelling with his first partner, he'd met with Nicolas, who was two years their junior. He challenged Amelia to a fight. And she mopped the floor with him using her Flygon, going 3-0. Ironically, Amelia then did some lecturing. She initially gave him a few pointers on typing. Then she went unstuck when she saw how he treated his pokemon. She really gave him an earful. Using phrases like 'Disgrace to trainers', 'Pokemon are friends, not tools', etc. Afterwards, Templar discreetly gave him some advice on his team, as well as imparting a little of his own philosophy (pokemon are like soldiers and the trainer is like the commander). Cage then spat on the ground and walked off, still sulking. He only remember the event because it was one of the few times Amelia really got angry. It'd be a hard hit to his pride and Amelia's memory if he managed to lose to this guy. Templar wasn't due for battle till tommorow, so he decided to head back to the pokemon centre and grab some real breakfast.

Over a small bowl of cereal and a piece of toast, Templar took a look at tournament sites, checking for Cage's record as a trainer. His record was pretty impressive looking; 15 different 1st places in tournaments over the past 2 years. Through out all his matches, he'd used his Rhyperior (whom he'd had as a rhyhorn back in the first match) in 90% of the matches he fought, half the time as his final pokemon and only in one tournament as his first (showing that he had, in fact, learned something over the past 9 years, considering that he'd sent his Rhyhorn out first, right into the maw of his opponent's Flygon). Other pokemon seen included a Magmortar (who'd been a Magmar when it'd fought last), Metagross, Electivire, Machamp (a machoke way back when) and Aggron.

Obviously, the man still had a penchant for tough looking pokemon who were were generally weak to ground attacks. The only pokemon that looked like it could give Prayer any trouble was Machamp. Hades or Toby could handle the fighter. Toby gave additional help against the bulk of his team.

Feeling rather curious, Templar checked his own record. 9 tournament wins over the past year. Scizor used in 60% of matches. Other pokemon seen included a Breloom, Mamoswine, Ninjask and Tauros. Okay. If Cage was doing any research on his own, he'd be definitely using Magmortar. Luckily for Templar, he wasn't so one note.

Okay; so Toby, Prayer and Hades. Slowbro, Mamoswine and Dusknoir respectively. Cage may have improved plenty over the past 9 years, but so had Templar. And unlike Cage, it seemed Templar had learned things.

Anyway. It was almost time for round 2; the Cage match (This time its personal, etc).

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
Rosalie checked in the nearest computer the pokemon of her rival for the battle

" Dragon types.." Ro bit her lowest lip knowing she was in great disadvantage having only two Ice types

" I can use Vaporeon and Froslass but.." said Rose quietly still nervous having no idea what to do when something else caught her attention

" so you must be Rosalie Baffert right?" said a male voice from behind her

Rosalie turned back to see the owner of that voice a male teen from almost her same age was standing there with a grin on his face arms crossed against his chest "I'm Aaron Hansen your first round competitor " said with a bigger grin the boy while standing his arm to Rosalie for a handshake

Rosalie immediately knew who he was she turned off the computer sharing a handshake with her competitor her pale skin didn't match with his releasing his hand quickly Ro turned to see her Absol who was growling dangerously at him ready to attack him in any second

" well hope you don't mind loosing ! " said laughing the boy while turning to see the growling pokemon before turning to see the serious Rosalie
" don't get me wrong I doubt your dark types can beat my Dragon team"

Rosalie recognized this as excess of self esteem or simply stubborn " oh we'll see I'm sure I have some trump cards as well " answered Ro

" See you at the battle bring some luck with you , you'll need it" said the boy while walking away

just in that instant Absol used Razor wind on him ,who evaded the attack by luck

" Well I don't apology for that " answered Rosalie while covering with her hand her mouth while laughing at the scene ,the boy quickly ran away and absol returned to the side of Rosalie who petted him on it's head while still laughing

"I decided I'll use Froslass,Vaporeon and maybe Tyranitar" said Ro while picking her Phone and dialing some number on it.

Last edited:

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
"Swellow," Swellow taunted to the Ninetails, flapping above it with grace as the fox Pokemon let out a growl. Rory let out a similar kind of growl, clearly growing more frustrated by the second. Swellow was not attacking, and Jay was not saying anything....

"Ninetails, again! Use Flamethrower! It has to attack eventually!" Rory ordered.

The fox let out another jet of flames, which Swellow, once again dodged with ease. Jayden stood at the opposite end of the field, his arms crossed in satisfaction. They were wasting precious power with those Flamethrowers, and it was starting to show... albeit slowly.

Finally, Jayden knew it was time to wrap things up, "Swellow, we've stayed idle long enough. Use Quick Attack!"

"Swellow!" it cried, dashing forward faster then any of his Pokemon before. Rory let out an exclamation of surprise, but was unable to even react as Swellow hit Ninetails, hard.

"Now grab onto Ninetails!" Jay ordered. Swellow once again flapped forward, grabbing onto the fox Pokemon by its snout. "Use Heat Wave. Gather all of Ninetails' heat instead of from your surroundings!"

"No!" Rory called. "Nintails shake that damn bird off!"

"You're done," Jay said mostly to himself as Swellow started to steal Ninetails' power. Soon, Swellow was glowing with heat, moreso then Combusken had using Overheat. Jayden, who was watching was rather impressed with his own Pokemon's abilities. Swellow certainly could withstand a lot of power.

Finally, Swellow let go, leaving Ninetails on shaking legs, until finally, it collapsed, unable to battle. Swellow instead let out its flames to the skies above, knowing that hitting Ninetails now would just be cruel.

"Ninetails is unable to battle. Jayden is the winner!" the referee shouted as Swellow finished expending its power.

Jay walked out onto the battlefield, and held out his arm for Swellow to return to him. The bird Pokemon circled, and landed on its perch, and together, the duo exited the battlefield, leaving Rory to mourn over his loss alone.

"You were great," Jay muttered as he walked away from the stadium. "But, you've always been great. And you'll continue to be."

"Swellow, swell!" Swellow bellowed happily. Jay smiled faintly, petting his Pokemon on the head, before throwing his arm up so Swellow could fly freely outside the stadium. Jayden followed it as it set a course to somewhere. That somewhere was of no concern to Jay... he was just glad he'd made it through the first round.

Suddenly though, Jay's thoughts were cut off as he saw Gaia's Starraptor dive for one of Ami's Pokemon. Jayden blinked, watching as the aggressive bird was hauled to the floor by Gaia herself.

"Oof sorry," Jay overheard. "I sometimes still have that with it, I got it through a trade, but it's more a problem that it's so big."

Jayden rolled his eyes in disdain. Yes, it was from a trade, but if she knew it was dangerous, she shouldn't be letting it out so freely. Swellow, who was watching the scene from the skies, dived low to chat with it's cousin from Sinnoh, giving away the fact that Jayden was there.

Groaning, Jay approached the two girls, rubbing his temples. Gaia had made herself at home on a bench, crouched over her sketchbook, and Ami seemed... a bit miffed, but that was understandable given her Pokemon were almost made into bird lunch.

"Whatever," Jayden signed, gripping the Pokeballs on his belt. "No harm... I guess...."

He released all his Pokemon, including Combusken and Manectric, who still looked a little bruised, but were otherwise okay. They all looked to him expectantly, wondering if he was sending them out for another fight.

"No, not this time. You guys can play again. Don't attack anyone though...."

His Pokemon cheered, and took off to do whatever they wanted. Jayden sighed, and then stared at Ami, only nodding as a greeting. He didn't even bother to turn around and say hello to Gaia, given she seemed very focused on her sketching.....

masterleo

Order Up!
"Whew! That was really fun." Sandra said "your a great battler"

"Thanks" Liam replied, looking over at his worn out Pokemon. "your pretty good yourself"

Liam Recalled all three of his pokemon. Sandra looked surprised when he recalled Gliscor.

"either I recall him when he faints or I drag him back to the pokemon center." Liam explained. "the first round is over last check. You want to get that bite to eat?"

treespyro

Vintage much?
"So Jayden congrats" Marissa coldly remarked "Well I want to know what was up with you behavior earlier, I apologize and you act like such a jerk" Marissa yelled "Who the hell do you want to impress or freak out, with that tough guys attitude pathetic, I don't know what you were like but really what is that going to achieve, We aren't friends but you could at least drop the act".

She shook her head "You know whatever, I don't think you will listen, just forget it", she walked away to a seat to wait and chill out before her battle.

"Such a jerk, I am not trying to friends, I was to justify my actions with the water incident" she thought as she looked at Carl "Sorry just a little arguement" she smirked as Carl looked at bit intimidated "but don't worry" she mused.

Marissa got up and walked towards Jayden and whispered "You can't scare me, I am not your rival nor do I care about winning or losing against you but your act won't work with me" she formally walked past him and giggled. She thought she struck a nerve just how she planned it.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Saffira Blue

((OoC: Sorry kind of short, but I want to got to bed))

Saffira watched excitedly as the match came to a close; it was obvious that Jayden had trained his Swellow well since not many pokemon could handle the concept of directing where they took the heat from. Grovyle looked at Wally suspiciously as he practically clung to his inhaler that Gardevoir had produced a few minuets prior. Vaporeon was making small talk with the Gardevoir at the moment making Saffira gaze uncertainly at them. It would be best not to make any friends before the match, afterwards she could careless.

The crowds began to exit the stadium Wally and Saffira exited together, Saffira was still unsure if she should leave the boy alone since it turned out one of his many problems was his asthma. He could keel over any second with an asthma attack the way he was breathing; it seemed he was living off his inhaler.

The two exited the stadium, Saffira trying not to talk much in fear that she might become his friend. Outside Jayden and two girls were exchanging a few words, but it must not have been anything important because Jay soon sent out his pokemon to play.

Wally broke off from Saffira and left to go back to the trainer house in fear of something worse than an asthma attack. Shrugging she continued over to where Jayden was saying, "Hey kid! Nice win on the battle, but don't you think you could have done better with your Combusken? I mean using up its energy in the first hit on the Venusaur? Don't you think you could have won with smaller attacks, it was already tired from its previous battle?"

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
Jayden watched his Pokemon for a bit, until a voice interrupted him: "Hey kid! Nice win on the battle, but don't you think you could have done better with your Combusken? I mean using up its energy in the first hit on the Venusaur? Don't you think you could have won with smaller attacks, it was already tired from its previous battle?"

"Hm?" Jay asked as he turned around to face Saffira. "Perhaps, yes, but I've battled Rory before. That Venasaur was what made me lose in the Hoenn League. I suppose I wanted a bit of revenge... though either way, I knew I was going to win. Besides... Combusken was raised to do the "all or nothing" tactic, and then rely on stamina for the rest. Each Pokemon here has been raised for different battle situations. It's all about strategy, or, at least it is to me."

Jayden stayed silent after that, nodding to Saffira respectively, but in such a way that said he was done with his conversation with her regarding his battle tactics. He gestured to his and everyone elses' Pokemon, wondering if Saffira was going to stick around to let her Pokemon get a little air.

However, before Saffira did anything, Merissa came butting into the scene:

"So Jayden congrats," she coldly remarked, earning a groan from the Jay man himself.

"Well I want to know what was up with you behavior earlier, I apologize and you act like such a jerk!" Marissa yelled, causing Jay to merely sigh and rub his temples. Really, did he deserve this? Well, he probably did, but really....

"Who the hell do you want to impress or freak out, with that tough guys attitude pathetic, I don't know what you were like but really what is that going to achieve, We aren't friends but you could at least drop the act".

"You know whatever, I don't think you will listen, just forget it", she announced, turning and walking away from Jayden.

Jay just shrugged, and turned around to watch his Pokemon again. "Sorry I can't act like myself... stupid *****...." he muttered to himself, so only he, and maybe Saffira could hear. I don't deserve any friends anyway. Not until I can get my best friend back to his prime.

Time passed in an awkward silence where Jay just grew more and more tense. He was sure that everyone around him was staring at him, expecting him to go apologize. Well, he'd be damned if he did that. He didn't understand people. He never had, and he didn't plan on ever starting.

Finally, Marissa got back up, and walked up to Jayden, whispering, "You can't scare me, I am not your rival nor do I care about winning or losing against you but your act won't work with me."

Finally Jay snapped, and yelled after Marissa who thought she had struck some kind of guilt trip within him: "It's not an act you moron! This is who I am, so if you've got a problem with me, keep it to yourself! In case you, or anyone else hasn't noticed, I'm not here to make friends!"

He stopped his outburst, crossing his arms and turning to address his Pokemon, "Swellow, Umbreon, Combusken, Crobat, Manectric, Flygon, return."

He re-attached his Pokemon to his belt, and then simply walked away, opposite the way Merissa had went so he could isolate himself.

People disgust me, he thought as he walked into the forest again, knowing it would be a lot harder to find him in the trees. He stopped in front of a sturdy looking one, and jumped up, swinging himself around so he could grab onto another branch and pull himself up higher.

Finally, he came near the top of the tree, and swung his legs down over a brunch to sit. He then sighed in relief and stared out over the island towards the ocean.

Once I win this tournament, I can get back home... to Goldenrod. And then I can save my friend.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
"That was a good match..."Ven murmured as the match ended and people began to leave; the second match didn't start for another ten minutes.

"Yeah, we should go get some air or something." Melody replied as they stood up and left.

They walked out just in time for them to hear Jayden's outburst.

"It's not an act you moron! This is who I am, so if you've got a problem with me, keep it to yourself! In case you, or anyone else hasn't noticed, I'm not here to make friends!" he yelled as he recalled his Pokémon and stalked off.

After a minute or so of silence Ven turned to Melody. "I'll be right back, just need to get something from my room." he murmured before taking off in the same direction Jayden had took.

Within a few minutes Ven was standing near the forest, quietly he released Honchkrow who he ordered to use Foresight, once he had pin pointed the tree, Ven walked over to it, as quietly as he could be began to nimbly climb the tree until he was opposite Jayden.

"Being a **** isn't going to get you anywhere." Ven muttered coldly just loud enough for Jayden to here.

Even though he has the right principals, friendship only causes pain, and that in turn brings anger he thought to himself as he waited for the reply.

rosso1111

Andy was sitting in the stadium whilst the match was going on, when it finished, Andy was confused 'Was that it? I thought that, for it being between the 64 top trainers in the world, the match would be a lot longer. Oh well, I just hope the other matches are longer, or I won't learn anything about the other contestants.' he considered 'Looks like it'll be our turn soon, Rose' Rose appeared out of her PokeBall and smiled. 'Looks like we better start training!'

'Quick, Rose, use Energy Ball!' Andy shouted. Rose nodded, and jumped into the air, with a green ball of energy solidifing as she jumps. As she hits the ground, she fires the ball of energy in a straight line. 'Great, now use Pin Missile!' Rose again nodded, and fired small, pin sized projectiles at the energy ball, gaining the Energy Ball's power as it slammed into the wall. 'Now, finish it up with Solarbeam!' Rose grinned, before making her flowers glow white, before firing it up into the sky. It then struck down, creating a massive beam of energy surrounding Rose, while Rose was safe from the blast. 'Well done Rose, we'll definately win our battle!'

kuriboh361

Bearer of Peace
Everything was great on her side. Her pokemon were doing lovely. Drew had now done a rather strong Poison Jab which was just as great as Olive did it. Or perhaps even better. The shrub he had practised on was now on the floor, ate away by the poison which Drew had given it. It looked rather gruesome. Now, only half of the shrub was there while the others had been eaten away. Well, that was great! Sayonara had managed to summon Thunderbolt really fast but with control because this time, she managed to follow Thunderbolt up with a Psychic. This created a rather special affect as the lightning bolts moved in the air aided by that blue aura glowing from it.

It was a spectacular sight as Sayonara moved it from left to right like a professional. Ami was rather proud. Then there was the question of Marina and her chilly Blizzard. It looked mighty fine from where Ami was standing. It froze lots of trees and it seemed that Fern was also getting some exercise from melting the ice from the trees with her Sunny Day. The heat was intense here. “Okay guys, stop what you’re doing. Marina, now practice your Focus Punches. Make sure they’re really strong and powerful. Do it at that log over there. Sayonara, great work! Now, make sure ‘Sing’ will lull them to sleep. Work over there in the trees and stay quiet. You don’t want us to be sleeping right?”

Sayonara nodded. “Now, Drew… Wait! Drew, no!”

Drew, her black orb in a shell was now practising his Poison Jab on living things. She saw Gaia coming through and Drew was charging for her. She ran after him until Nidoqueen had managed to stop him with her strong arms. Phew. “You okay?” she asked, jogging at her before turning back, “Continue with your work please. Sayonara use Psychic to get onto the tree!”

She saw Gaia in a frightened yet relieved manner. But the horror wasn’t over! The bird which she had a phobia of came darting forwards to Luigi. Gaia came skidding forward to her pokemon to aid him from any damage. How brave! Ami now saw Gaia as a hero in her eyes. As soon as it saw her, it flew towards her, going down. It went downer until it hovered where Gaia could just touch it. Gaia pulled it to the ground with great force. "Staraptor, now you go down!" she commanded as the bird nodded before heading to the ground. As it landed, it eyed Ami’s pokemon, particularly Luigi who glared menacingly at it.

“Luigi, that’s enough please,” Ami ordered her Buizel who nodded and lay down on the ground to have a little snooze.

"Oof sorry," Gaia said as she scratched behind her ear, "I sometimes still have that with it, I got it through a trade, but it's more a problem that it's so big."

“It’s no biggie really,” she said, trying to forgive her but she soon got a glare from Luigi, “But you should really find a way to make him tamer,”

Gaia apologized in the Japanese way, bowing her head and placing her hands in the correct position. Ami had a thought that she only did that because she knew Ami was used to these customs. "Go on ahead, I'll make sure nobody will bother you anymore, or in other words that my pokemon won't make a mess again."

Ami nodded, “Okay then,” until she noticed Gaia opening up her notepad, “Hey, may I see the picture you-?”

She stopped as she noticed Gaia’s face going all rosy and pink, “Hey, what’s up?”

She raised an eyebrow before noticing the grim picture of that guy with the cold eyes, “It’s him.”

She did not like him. She did not like the way he treated humans. He seemed close to his pokemon which she thought was great but the humans. She could still remember those eyes of his which could pierce through her soul, those cold eyes which radiated negative thoughts. She remembered him calling Gaia a moron. That did she not like about him. That kind of way he treated her friend made her hate him. She glared at the picture with angry eyes, “I hate…”

She started to say it until she noticed the grim appearance of him now. She watched him get out and she saw him nod right at her. Why? She looked utterly confused and was about to ask him why until he mysterious left them. Suddenly she realized what was happening right now. “Gaia, we have to go right now!”

A voice boomed out, “Now, we shall have the next battle. At the red corner, we have Jordan Micheals and on the green corner, we have Ami Kingsley. Has anyone noticed where she is?”

Quickly, she began healing them like a well oiled machine, spraying them with potions here, healing them of any kind of burn, scratch or scar. The pokemon were responding to this matter in different ways. Sayonara was nervous like her master as she was sprayed with a kind of fluid which although stung, healed her. Fern hopped up and down as Ami commanded her to stay still. Luigi stood up frozen, day dreaming about a vacation until he was hit by the potion. Olive stood still smiling and ready to cheer on. Marina danced with excitement while Drew practiced Poison Jabs on the air. “Drew, Marina, Sayonara return. Olive, Marina, Fern, follow Gaia wherever she goes. Make sure to cheer for me.

The large shell, the sea rabbit and the fat nurse were sucked into their spherical homes with a flash of red light. Marina hopped up into Gaia’s arms, followed up by Fern who skipped around her. Luigi was in Gaia’s arms too as he was too lazy to walk. “Go now!” she shrieked as she ran to the coliseum, followed by her pal and Ami’s three pokemon who weren’t entering. They ran fast, skipping past vines, weeds and Oddish on their way, sometimes accidentally barging into a pokemon to which they apologized to as they ran.

Time was running out but luckily, she just made it skidding through the doors and entering the coliseum. She noticed the number of people who were surrounding her. There had to be a hundred or more. She was frozen to the spot, in shock. Olive who noticed this separated from Gaia, Fern and Luigi and made her way to Ami. Ami looked back at Olive who immediately played her Grasswhistle. It calmed her down as the symphony went into her ears. She took a deep breath before exhaling it. “I’m ready…”

She walked over to a floor which had a green box and stepped on it. The floor rose up like an elevator and made its way to the stage. When she appeared, there was a massive amount of cheers. Olive was right next to her, now playing her music louder to make sure she would remain serene. It seemed to work but although now it seemed to lose its grasp. She felt a little uneasy. She looked over at her opponent. Her opponent had short and spiky black hair and had a menacing glare on his face. He had few freckles drawns on his face and one unhappy smile. “What kept you?” he asked, sticking his tongue out.

She shook his head. This guy was a loser. “Just send out your fist pokemon,” said Ami, glaring at him.

“Fine then punk but prepare to lose!” he shouts out as he threw a red and white sphere out. Out exploded a furry white titan with blue on its hands and other parts of its body. It had a rather long moustache and had angry eyes which gave a warning to her; a warning to get away now, run!

But she did not. She kept her grip and took a deep breath. “Drew, shine,” she said as she gently threw Drew’s pokeball.

“The two competitors have sent their pokemon. Let the battle start!”

Ami waited for his move, having a quick think. What could she do? Then, all of a sudden, the snobby kid roared commands, “Wood Hammer, go Abomasnow!”

“Drew, Aurora Beam!” Ami automatically shouted without thinking the slightest.

The great ice titan came, his fist seeming powerful to her eyes and down below Drew was preparing an Aurora Beam. Drew had just needed a little bit more time to finish it but Abomasnow released the wood hammer all over him. The sand turned into brown smoke as they collided. What was going on? When the sand cleared down, they saw Cloyster’s shell closed and Abomasnow holding his hand. Drew opened his shell and immediately shot the Aurora Beam which was once supposed to freeze him in midair, now damaged his fist even further. No chance! thought Ami, a grimace on her face.

Last edited:

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
"Being a **** isn't going to get you anywhere," a voice called from across Jay. This one was distinctly male, and somewhat recognizable. Jayden opened his eyes and let out a groan when he realized Ven and his Honchkrow had joined him for more unexpected company.

"You don't exactly seem like the type that should really care about what I say or do to other people," Jay muttered. "So why come all this way to tell me I was being a jerk? Seems entirely useless."

Jayden stopped his conversation there, leaping off his branch and landing on the ground below with relative ease. Ven, as he expected, followed his move down, his Honchkrow fluttering behind him.

"No offense or anything, but you don't exactly scream 'Mr. Social' yourself Ven," Jayden commented. "Besides, if it's a crime to want to be left alone, then I'd have been locked up from birth. So then Ven, what do you really want?"

Jayden crossed his arms and waited for his reply, curious to hear what Ven would say.

((OOC: Wasn't sure what to make Ven say, so I decided not to bunny.))

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
(OOC: First post. Not that it matters.)
((OOC: I have to face Jackson Micheals? Well, if that doesn't just bite the dust.))

Tony spotted the island from the air, and ordered Pidgeot to swoop to the ground. When Pidgeot was close enough to the ground, Tony jumped off and landed. ‘So, this is the tournament island, the place were the best of the best is said to have gather,’ Tony thought to himself. ‘Well, I guess all of their hopes have just gone down the drain now that I’m here.’

Tony recalled Pidgeot into his poke ball, and place the bal on his belt, along with the five other pokemon that would be taking him through the bulk of the tournament. As Tony walked towards the resignation building, he heard sound coming from the stadium. The shouting of an audience, the cries of pokemon in pain, and the announcements from the referee. The traditional sounds of a pokemon battle. It sounded as if the tournament had already started.

When Tony walked inside the building, he saw a receptionist at the corner, and as he approached her, she said, “Hello. May I help you?”

“Yes,” Tony replied, “I’m here for the tournament. The name is Antonio Meran.”

“Well, aren’t you late,” the receptionist said as she typed something into her computer.

“I didn’t get my invite on time. I’m a hard man to track down.”

“There we are. Tony Meran, number sixty four. Thats lucky for you. Your match is the last one.”

“So, who am I facing?”

“All of the information on the tournament can be found on the computer in your room. Your room number is sixty-four, naturally. It’s at the end of the hall on the third floor.”

“Ok, thanks.”

Tony walked off to the stairs and climbed up to the third floor, and found his room. He opened the door with the card key he had been given, and after setting his backpack on the bed, he headed straight for the computer and booted it up.

Tony hooked his P*DA up to the computer and started downloading all the tournament files. ‘I guess I might as well take a nap well its downloading. Flying is no walk in the park.’ So with that Tony flopped down on his bed, placed his baseball cap on the night stand, and shut his eyes, falling asleep with the sounds of pokemon battling in the background.