• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Legendary Golems

Which Hoenn Legendary Golem is your favourite?

• Regirock

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Regice

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Registeel

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Generation III introduced a trio of Legendary Golems, also known as Legendary Titans, each sealed in a small cave scattered around the Hoenn region. Which one is your favourite? Please remember not to spam and explain your choice a bit.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version Black
Regice is stupidly weak if you ask me, regirock is has a great shiny but not much more then that and Registeel is only memorable because of the whole Nazi salute sprite thing.

They had a fun quest but not much more.

Shiny Venusaur

Sinnoh's Champion
Regice is stupidly weak if you ask me, regirock is has a great shiny but not much more then that and Registeel is only memorable because of the whole Nazi salute sprite thing.

Really? Competitively, all three were really solid in their debut generation, all placing in the OU tier / UU ban list. Regice was a special defensive monster that had niche OU usage and access to boltbeam, thunder wave, and was an excellent pivot. Regirock countered ADV staples in the meta game and had rock type stab, which hurt offensive threats in that same meta. It also had the ability to shut down some of the biggest choice banders in ADV due to it's bulk and resistances. Registeel is probably the weakest of the three but had a niche in Ubers due to his typing and bulk. and was way to good for UU, causing it to be a part of the UUBL.

They weren't standout mons like say Salamence, Metagross, Swampert, or Medicham, but to say they were weak really undersells their incredible utility in ADV.

Anyway, I voted Regirock - I like all three quite a bit and loved the lore and puzzle surrounding them. I just used Regirock the most in my competitive days, especially within the DP meta.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version Black
Really? Competitively, all three were really solid in their debut generation, all placing in the OU tier / UU ban list. Regice was a special defensive monster that had niche OU usage and access to boltbeam, thunder wave, and was an excellent pivot. Regirock countered ADV staples in the meta game and had rock type stab, which hurt offensive threats in that same meta. It also had the ability to shut down some of the biggest choice banders in ADV due to it's bulk and resistances. Registeel is probably the weakest of the three but had a niche in Ubers due to his typing and bulk. and was way to good for UU, causing it to be a part of the UUBL.

They weren't standout mons like say Salamence, Metagross, Swampert, or Medicham, but to say they were weak really undersells their incredible utility in ADV.

Anyway, I voted Regirock - I like all three quite a bit and loved the lore and puzzle surrounding them. I just used Regirock the most in my competitive days, especially within the DP meta.
I heard that regice is the weakest lol, like nowadays

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I thought that they had interesting designs but the method of unlocking the caves to catch them was rather tedious and the Braille code was a good puzzle on paper but given it is a tactile language and you can’t feel the dots to decode the messages, it was frustrating trying to figure out what to do.

Leonhart

Imagineer
For me it's basically a tie between Regice and Regirock, with the former being my favorite in terms of design while the latter is my favorite in terms of type and moveset.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I'll go with Regice, as it looks the prettiest, and I like the Ice type better than Rock and Steel, but I like all three.

Shiny Venusaur

Sinnoh's Champion
I heard that regice is the weakest lol, like nowadays
I mean, this is the ADV board, not current generation discussion. Commenting on today's rankings when asking about yesterday's kind of defeats to point of the topic, no?

Shinruna

Rose of Fire
No doubt about my choice being Regirock here. It is a Pokémon who aged very well from Gen. to Gen. in terms of sprites/models and, among other things, its movepool actually feels better balanced when taking in consideration its capability to learn Draining Punch which is not a joke for the stony guardian to have by a regular Attack's stat point of view, the latter being higher than either Regice's and Registeel's.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version Black

I like the objective to get the Pokémon, the whole thing feels cryptic and that is what i like about it. I really enjoyed the whole brail puzzle.