• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
If you want to play something challenging, try Fire Emblem: Awakening on Lunatic+.

Tbh I never found any Pokemon game challenging. The only time I struggled was in Johto but that's mostly due to its horrid leveling issues. On another note, I would be fine with Wallace/Juan only having three Pokemon, considering Luvdisc and Seaking are laughable to begin with. I just hope there's a couple more training spots after Lavaridge since I'm usually underleveled when I get to Norman.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
You say that like it's stopped them, I fully expect ORAS to present us with dupes in the opposing team...

Only because Game Freak handicaps themselves with regional dex and limits themselves to 200 Pokemon. You don't see duplicates as much in larger regional dexes like Unova and Kalos.

That changes nothing considering the arbitrary ways those optional routes were blocked. I mean, one of the Fuchsia routes you mentioned was blocked by a Snorlax I mentioned...

You completely missed the point. It doesn't matter at all that there are roadblocks there your first time, what matters is that when you get to that point of the game, you have options. Do you wake up the Snorlax on Rt. 12 and head down Rt. 12-15 or do you wake up the Snorlax on Rt. 16 and head down Cycling Road? The player is given an actual choice on where to go instead of the game telling you where to go and when to go there.

Oh but it does, it makes the battle time shorter allowing you to do more in-game on a lunch break or commute. Also, if you're arguing linearity, then yes, it made the regions shorter. Less back and forth.

Implying that you can't tackle a gym battle on your lunch break.

Also, why should hardcore gamers be forced to have their game streamlined? The entire point of an RPG is to freely explore the game, they can come up with solutions that allow hardcore gamers to get a more satisfying experience without interfering with the casuals.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
My opinion is that the EXP. Share contributed largely to how easy the game was. As everyone has pointed out, I realize that it can just be turned off, and I intend to do so in any future games that have the same system, but when it comes to Pokemon, I judge everything off of my initial play through. When I first got the EXP. Share I was a little annoyed with the change, but figured that I might as well keep it on, since I'd be missing out on experience otherwise. It's not until I beat the Elite 4 in one of my first runs, without any training whatsoever (unlike previous games which required a Victory Road grinding session) that I realize how much easier the game was than it should have been. But it's too late, my initial play through is over and my judgement has passed.

At first I thought the dark clouds were an island, now I can see they are a storm. I kind of agree that they are just supposed to be representations. I think the storm is supposed to be Kyogres primal ability primordial sea, and the lens flare is supposed to be Groudon's Desolate land, representing the harsh rain and harsh sun. Doesn't mean they aren't anything, or aren't covering something up, but just my two cents.

Assuming that white circle is some kind of lens flare effect from the sun, this makes a lot of sense. :)
That purple mass does look like some kind of storm system.

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
Personally,I never had a problem with the EXP ALL from XY.It made the game less of a grind to level your team up evenly,rather than having 2 or 3 Pokemon carrying the rest. If you don't like it,don't use it.It can be turned of you know?

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I don't mean to start a fight, but why not? The games are made for kids, but an intelligent person is more than capable of making a challenge for themselves. The argument "players shouldn't have to go out of their way to make it harder for themselves" is just an outright pathetic cop out to justify complaining that the games are too easy. The tools are there. Weaker Pokémon exist. Use them. If you choose to use the strongest Pokémon, the best methods for accruing a lot of EXP, and every other means to take the path of least resistance, then you have nobody to blame but yourself for the game being too easy. The developers made weaker Pokémon for a reason, and it's your fault for just ignoring them.

I know it is made for kids and gen 6 is particularly easy and i agree, making it harder for yourself makes the game more challenging. nuzzlockes, catching only weaker pokemon, limmiting your goings to the pokecenter, all increase the difficulty. I've done a nuzlocke in all the regions and i enjoyed the games in a way that i never did before. Beating the E4 and champion in 1 single life or death run was really cool and i struggled in all of them. I never finnished a run without losing a member and i found some gyms and especyfic pokemon that i now hate thanks to that (exploding gravelers, always horn drill hitting rhyhorns and goldeens, hole tearing machokes, mienshaos and gurdurrs and the fighting gym leaders. I struggled a lot against korrina which i didn't think it was possible for XY, maylene was a pain, clay's excadrill was a nightmare and don't even get me started on those linoone and zangoose in petalgurgh gym. I acknoledge the fact that the games are easy and like to make them challenging but since i replayed platinum i miss the harder trainers. Giving an option to increase the AI would be appreciated but if not, i'll enjoy the 1st playthrough like it is, easy or not and when revisiting i'll probably try to increase the challenge.

My opinion is that the EXP. Share contributed largely to how easy the game was. As everyone has pointed out, I realize that it can just be turned off, and I intend to do so in any future games that have the same system, but when it comes to Pokemon, I judge everything off of my initial play through. When I first got the EXP. Share I was a little annoyed with the change, but figured that I might as well keep it on, since I'd be missing out on experience otherwise. It's not until I beat the Elite 4 in one of my first runs, without any training whatsoever (unlike previous games which required a Victory Road grinding session) that I realize how much easier the game was than it should have been. But it's too late, my initial play through is over and my judgement has passed.

I played the first kalos game (Y) and even with exp share i had all my pokemon behind level 60 since i was training every pokemon. IBut when i played X i had a team of 6 and i had my team at level 70's and the whole game was a joke. But the 1st time playing it i was grateful for exp share because i could have a lot of pokemon at the same level. SO i reiterate exp share is good as it is but give it only after you beat the main game.

neo_senku

Experience all didn't bother me either, once i realized what it could do, It allowed to play the story a little different than usual. I would always be id target 6 pkmn and make my way through the story but with the exp.all i was actually able to have a rotation of about 10 or so pkmn during the main story. Exp all gave the option to turn off, or you could super level your team, or you could rotate pkmn and change things up without needing to grind later on to make up for it. Wish it had been in 5 cause those high level evolutions for so many things was ridiculous.

They should really just have a "hard mode" with better AI & more pokemon at the start of the game. Pokemon games have always been easy but I think the extra challenge (even if its small) will appeal to everyone

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I don't mean to start a fight, but why not? The games are made for kids, but an intelligent person is more than capable of making a challenge for themselves. The argument "players shouldn't have to go out of their way to make it harder for themselves" is just an outright pathetic cop out to justify complaining that the games are too easy. The tools are there. Weaker Pokémon exist. Use them. If you choose to use the strongest Pokémon, the best methods for accruing a lot of EXP, and every other means to take the path of least resistance, then you have nobody to blame but yourself for the game being too easy. The developers made weaker Pokémon for a reason, and it's your fault for just ignoring them.

I think you guys are relying too much on "these games are made for kids" and forgetting that GameFreak know their audience is broader than that. Why do you think the battle mechanics, breeding mechanics and item system is the way it is? Do you think these "kids" really care that much about what items do what or the Mesuda Method or even know what IVs are? You know what game that's solely designed for kids? Skylanders. There's absolutely nothing to it other than wasting close to $1k.

I find it funny how you are saying that its the players job to make the game they bought harder for themselves as opposed to, you know, believing the product provides sufficient bang for one's buck. Would you be pleased if your food order came undercooked or bland because that's exactly like saying "it's your job to make sure that dinner you ordered is tasty! The salt shaker and pepper are there for a reason! Use them".

The developers made "weaker" (which is a bull concept) pokémon to keep the world in game ~realistic~ and, more importantly, to offer options. You're advocating that someone force him or herself to use pokémon they have no interest in over a "stronger" pokémon they want to use just to make the game "harder". If you can't see how that muddles up the enjoyment factor for a lot of people then maybe, just maybe, you'd realize that "intelligence" isn't involved in that process at all. Hell, you know what's more "intelligent"? Not buying a game and saving your money for something that's far more enjoyable but that involves some effort that one probably wasted during nuzlocking...

Oh and, just an FYI, I hope you understand my issue with XY was that it is weak. I didn't say it was "too easy" and I've made it clear in my past posts that it's the storyline of XY that I loathe (absolutely poor!) so don't lump me in with them with your "YOOOOUUUUUUUU" laced response.

You completely missed the point. It doesn't matter at all that there are roadblocks there your first time, what matters is that when you get to that point of the game, you have options. Do you wake up the Snorlax on Rt. 12 and head down Rt. 12-15 or do you wake up the Snorlax on Rt. 16 and head down Cycling Road? The player is given an actual choice on where to go instead of the game telling you where to go and when to go there.

No, I got it, but you realize that it DOES matter the roadblocks because the game is played from beginning to end. It was always a false sense of choice in these games? You needed to go on a hunt to get a PokéFlute and wake up either Snorlax which prohibited progress. The game was designed explicitly forcing you to go get the flute simply by blocking your path onwards to your next destination.

Implying that you can't tackle a gym battle on your lunch break.

Also, why should hardcore gamers be forced to have their game streamlined? The entire point of an RPG is to freely explore the game, they can come up with solutions that allow hardcore gamers to get a more satisfying experience without interfering with the casuals.

You completely missed the point. It doesn't matter if you tackle a gym battle or not, what matters is that the battle was shorter allowing you more to do within the game (say travel to a gym, defeat everyone and then complete the next plot point as opposed to getting only halfway through the next plot point pre-XY).

Because games aren't made for ~hardcore gamers~, they're made for casual gamers. Pokémon was never free roaming though lmao. You needed HMs (which came later on during playthrough) to get through things, roadblocks and restrictions everywhere.

Personally,I never had a problem with the EXP ALL from XY.It made the game less of a grind to level your team up evenly,rather than having 2 or 3 Pokemon carrying the rest. If you don't like it,don't use it.It can be turned of you know?

The people on this forum are lazy masochists, they complain the exp.share didn't allow them to get their butt whooped 50x by Viola but wouldn't turn it off because "its the way the game was meant to be played". Gurl plz, the developers gave you a tool to use it wasn't mandatory so it was really not necessary.

.Aerodactyl.

I completely understand that a player shouldn't have to make the game harder for themselves if they wouldn't buy it other wise, but if you enjoy the game, and then want to challenge yourself, there really is nothing wrong with playing a nuzlocke or making your own set of rules. And if the player is having fun and enjoying themselves, isn't that the point? If you don't like that style, don't play it, and if you wouldn't have enjoyed the game otherwise, don't just buy it to nuzlocke it. But if you want too, I don't think you should be considered stupid for doing so. I think it actually inspires creativity, and for some gamers, like me, it improves my game play. It teaches me better strategy and forces me to look at Pokemon I otherwise would have ignored. Suddenly I'm using and considering Pokemon I almost forgot were there. I understand the strategeis, strengths and weaknesses of more pokemon, so when I see them in competitive battling, I'm better equipped to face them. And, I got to do that playing a game a way that I enjoy instead of just reading for hours!

But to say that everyone should have to do that to enjoy the game is a stretch. Turning off the exp share and trying new Pokemon is one thing, the game is designed that way and its part of the game. Because you choose your team, you are in some way partly responsible for how you play. The game is supposed to have that small element of control. You can't get upset that the game forces you to travel linearly through the plot and then get mad that it doesn't force a more difficult team for you. You have to use choice where there is choice it's their for a reason.But adding arbitrary fainting=death rules shouldn't be the only reason you buy the game. But I don't think that was what the Red Thunder was trying to say. We all have relevant and valid points.

The experience share was not the only way the game was designed to be played. It was just the fast way you could play the game and most people took that way. Its still an easy game with it off, but it is harder then with it on. They are largely kids games. Yes they have mechanics that are for older players, but the plots are made for the kids cause they don't do any of that other stuff. So, breeding mechanics, EV's, all of that, you know HARDER more COMPLICATED stuff is for us. The easy, fast, relatively dull plot, is for the younger kids who get much more enjoyment out of ita. The whole online community, PSS features, competitive battling scene is more geared for us.

But, I think we can all agree, that a "normal" mode for kids and easy going players that just want to reach the post game would be great, and a "veteran" mode for people who want a challenge with better AI would make everyone happy. Hopefully, if not in ORAS, we will see this in the future. From what I've read from others, its the AI more so then the leveling that needs to be changed.

Last edited:

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
The people on this forum are lazy masochists said:
Same people who say they don't want customisation back because it was pointless and didn't even use it

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Experience all didn't bother me either, once i realized what it could do, It allowed to play the story a little different than usual. I would always be id target 6 pkmn and make my way through the story but with the exp.all i was actually able to have a rotation of about 10 or so pkmn during the main story. Exp all gave the option to turn off, or you could super level your team, or you could rotate pkmn and change things up without needing to grind later on to make up for it. Wish it had been in 5 cause those high level evolutions for so many things was ridiculous.

Me too, for once i was using more than a team of 6 and i didn't need to grind to get all pokemon to the same level. That is great if you plan on using more than 6 but for someone like me, who usually sticks with 6 members for the rest of the game i still want exp share because after beating the game, if there's little to no post-game way to learn experience, exp share helps me out leveling other pokemon i want to try out.

I completely understand that a player shouldn't have to make the game harder for themselves if they wouldn't buy it other wise, but if you enjoy the game, and then want to challenge yourself, there really is nothing wrong with playing a nuzlocke or making your own set of rules. And if the player is having fun and enjoying themselves, isn't that the point? If you don't like that style, don't play it, and if you wouldn't have enjoyed the game otherwise, don't just buy it to nuzlocke it. But if you want too, I don't think you should be considered stupid for doing so. I think it actually inspires creativity, and for some gamers, like me, it improves my game play. It teaches me better strategy and forces me to look at Pokemon I otherwise would have ignored. Suddenly I'm using and considering Pokemon I almost forgot were there. I understand the strategeis, strengths and weaknesses of more pokemon, so when I see them in competitive battling, I'm better equipped to face them. And, I got to do that playing a game a way that I enjoy instead of just reading for hours!

But to say that everyone should have to do that to enjoy the game is a stretch. Turning off the exp share and trying new Pokemon is one thing, the game is designed that way and its part of the game. Because you choose your team, you are in some way partly responsible for how you play. The game is supposed to have that small element of control. You can't get upset that the game forces you to travel linearly through the plot and then get mad that it doesn't force a more difficult team for you. You have to use choice where there is choice it's their for a reason.But adding arbitrary fainting=death rules shouldn't be the only reason you buy the game. But I don't think that was what the Red Thunder was trying to say. We all have relevant and valid points.

The experience share was not the only way the game was designed to be played. It was just the fast way you could play the game and most people took that way. Its still an easy game with it off, but it is harder then with it on. They are largely kids games. Yes they have mechanics that are for older players, but the plots are made for the kids cause they don't do any of that other stuff. So, breeding mechanics, EV's, all of that, you know HARDER more COMPLICATED stuff is for us. The easy, fast, relatively dull plot, is for the younger kids who get much more enjoyment out of ita. The whole online community, PSS features, competitive battling scene is more geared for us.

But, I think we can all agree, that a "normal" mode for kids and easy going players that just want to reach the post game would be great, and a "veteran" mode for people who want a challenge with better AI would make everyone happy. Hopefully, if not in ORAS, we will see this in the future. From what I've read from others, its the AI more so then the leveling that needs to be changed.

If you're having fun, who cares how you're doing it (unless it's considered a crime of course :p)? XY were sadly lacking in the story department but look at DP and Pt, they made the story better just by adding a few things. That's what i'm hoping for the next one. I still enjoyed some parts of the story but a big exposition from a guy we've only seen once before was bad. I also didn't like xerosic getting no payback for what he did. He destroyed a town FFS! i know he goes away but who knows, he could escape and be an ******* again, he can say whatever he wants but he can't be trusted.
Kalos rambling aside, i want all the features that made hoenn memorable to return either from RS or from emerald. Vs seeker, more acro/mach paths, expanding on some awesome locations like the abandoned ship, the brilliant battle frontier, and a lot faster surfing because, you know, water. Evil teams seem more fleshed out, steven is even more involved in the main story, brendan/may look like they have something else to do and the region, the most beautifull IMO, from what we saw, looks gorgeous, and i can't wait to explore every corner of it. Easy as sh1t or hard as ball5, I just want both these games because i know that, unlike kalos, the story is great, the region is beautiful, and it gives us more megas and perhaps some more enlightment on just what megaevolutiuon is and how it came to be.

.Aerodactyl.

Kalos rambling aside, i want all the features that made hoenn memorable to return either from RS or from emerald. Vs seeker, more acro/mach paths, expanding on some awesome locations like the abandoned ship, the brilliant battle frontier, and a lot faster surfing because, you know, water. Evil teams seem more fleshed out, steven is even more involved in the main story, brendan/may look like they have something else to do and the region, the most beautifull IMO, from what we saw, looks gorgeous, and i can't wait to explore every corner of it. Easy as sh1t or hard as ball5, I just want both these games because i know that, unlike kalos, the story is great, the region is beautiful, and it gives us more megas and perhaps some more enlightment on just what megaevolutiuon is and how it came to be.

I couldn't agree more! Very well said. I want to know what the real deal with Mega evolution is! And I'm really curious about the changes to new Mauville.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think you guys are relying too much on "these games are made for kids" and forgetting that GameFreak know their audience is broader than that.Why do you think the battle mechanics, breeding mechanics and item system is the way it is? Do you think these "kids" really care that much about what items do what or the Mesuda Method or even know what IVs are? You know what game that's solely designed for kids? Skylanders. There's absolutely nothing to it other than wasting close to $1k.

Funny, because the way they handle design and difficulty implies that they don't really take older audiences seriously at all. Adding in battle mechanics is really more like throwing them a bone.

No, I got it, but you realize that it DOES matter the roadblocks because the game is played from beginning to end. It was always a false sense of choice in these games? You needed to go on a hunt to get a PokéFlute and wake up either Snorlax which prohibited progress. The game was designed explicitly forcing you to go get the flute simply by blocking your path onwards to your next destination.

You are focusing on the completely wrong aspect of this. Let's say for example that you already got the Poke Flute and removed both Snorlaxes. Where do you go from there? The game doesn't force you to go in one direction like Unova and Kalos do, you have a choice. Even before that, you have several choices on what order you do certain things. You can skip Lt. Surge until 7th. You can go through Silph Co. after beating Pokemon Tower or you could go to Fuchsia City. You could go down Rt. 19-20 to reach Cinnibar Island or Fly to Pallet Town and go down Rt. 21. The Kanto region was your Cloyster, you could explore it almost any way you wanted.

There's other examples too. Do I go east or west from Ecruteak? In what order do I visit Pastoria and Veilstone? You were given a choice on how to explore the region, it wasn't just a simple matter of removing a roadblock and giving you only one option to progress.

You completely missed the point. It doesn't matter if you tackle a gym battle or not, what matters is that the battle was shorter allowing you more to do within the game (say travel to a gym, defeat everyone and then complete the next plot point as opposed to getting only halfway through the next plot point pre-XY).

The extra time you're given is likely not going to be significant enough to do much else. RPGs are pretty much time sinks by nature anyway.

Because games aren't made for ~hardcore gamers~, they're made for casual gamers. Pokémon was never free roaming though lmao. You needed HMs (which came later on during playthrough) to get through things, roadblocks and restrictions everywhere.

You seem to have a very warped perception on what the series was originally liked. First of all, Pokemon was not casual, casual gaming wasn't truly a thing until 2006. Also, there aren't nearly as many roadblocks as you remember. There were a few in RBY, but you had relative freedom of progression, especially towards the middle and end of the game (between Celadon City and the 8th gym you had almost complete freedom on how you progressed). Future games were a little more restricted, but you still had options, there was never a case until 5th gen that the game always told you where to go and made the route through the game one straight path. Up until 5th gen, it felt like an actual adventure. Now it just feels like you're traveling down one long road to reach the Pokemon League that happens to have cities and gyms along the way.

Hoenn never had Vs. Seeker, it had Trainer's Eyes in RS and Match Call in Emerald. Frankly though, I'd rather have Vs. Seeker, it was much less restrictive than any other rematch device. But any of those three would be better than how Unova and Kalos handled trainer rematches.

Last edited:

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
This, this right here would make (mostly) everyone happy. It's true, it would be nice. I think four modes might be a bit much though, really just a normal mode and expert or veteran mode would work. I don't want to loose content because we had to have four levels of play programmed in (not that I'm a programmer and know how these things work.

I'd like difficulty mode, mostly just to hear less complaining, because it personally doesn't matter much to me. At the end of the day, AI can only be so intelligent, and I personally prefer battling online with people. The plot in pokemon and the actual play through story is secondary to me, in play pokemon for the breeding, online battles, things like contests and battle frontier, but that's just me.

If I want a challenge, I'll play a nuzlocke or incorporate rules like Red Thunder said. I do agree though, that people shouldn't necessarily have to make the games harder themselves, but people who enjoy doing them should continue too. In love reading peoples comics and nuzlocke advdntures.

I guess we sort of just have to accept what Pokemon is. Its largely a kids game. They are the target audience, they buy the merchandise, toys, clothes... They watch the show. They have to make the plots friendly, the difficulty easy. Even while making something largely targeted at kids, their is still a large adult fan base partly because we grew up on it and partly because it has great battle mechanics and monsters. If we didn't agree with that in at least some small way, we wouldn't be on this forum.

Ya I think they made competitive battle online play for the veterans like ourselves. BUT i think interns of a story line because I do enjoy that part as well there should definitely be a hard version of play through lol like with higher level battles. More pokemon gym leaders etc. Just a harder game play.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Funny, because the way they handle design and difficulty implies that they don't really take older audiences seriously at all. Adding in battle mechanics is really more like throwing them a bone.

The design is fine, the difficulty is an "issue" but the game suffers more with its paper thin plot and lack of post-game.

You are focusing on the completely wrong aspect of this. Let's say for example that you already got the Poke Flute and removed both Snorlaxes. Where do you go from there? The game doesn't force you to go in one direction like Unova and Kalos do, you have a choice. Even before that, you have several choices on what order you do certain things. You can skip Lt. Surge until 7th. You can go through Silph Co. after beating Pokemon Tower or you could go to Fuchsia City. You could go down Rt. 19-20 to reach Cinnibar Island or Fly to Pallet Town and go down Rt. 21. The Kanto region was your Cloyster, you could explore it almost any way you wanted.

There's other examples too. Do I go east or west from Ecruteak? In what order do I visit Pastoria and Veilstone? You were given a choice on how to explore the region, it wasn't just a simple matter of removing a roadblock and giving you only one option to progress.

Fine. I just don't feel it was adequate since the options were very limited past Gen I's Kanto (which was 5 generations ago). Having one instead of two choices doesn't seem like a big deal to get hung up over at all.

The extra time you're given is likely not going to be significant enough to do much else. RPGs are pretty much time sinks by nature anyway.

The game isn't that time consuming even with doing everything.

You seem to have a very warped perception on what the series was originally liked. First of all, Pokemon was not casual, casual gaming wasn't truly a thing until 2006. Also, there aren't nearly as many roadblocks as you remember. There were a few in RBY, but you had relative freedom of progression, especially towards the middle and end of the game (between Celadon City and the 8th gym you had almost complete freedom on how you progressed). Future games were a little more restricted, but you still had options, there was never a case until 5th gen that the game always told you where to go and made the route through the game one straight path. Up until 5th gen, it felt like an actual adventure. Now it just feels like you're traveling down one long road to reach the Pokemon League that happens to have cities and gyms along the way.

As someone who played Red, Blue AND Yellow when they first came out (back to back #yolo), I can honestly say it never felt any more of an adventure than it does now. I enjoy them equally, what I care about is the story line of said adventure. XY's is horrendously basic.

DotKU

Champion
Although they might not add the difficulty option in ORAS, because wasn't it being developed around the time XY was half way done, I do hope that they implement the feature into this gen, hopefully with the next installment of XY.

I might be the odd one out, but I was really hoping that player customization returns to ORAS because a lot of people are speculating that it won't return. If it does return, I hope it has more options like maybe having access to the items that were in XY's code but for some reason never made it into the game like the different mega accessories.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Hoenn never had Vs. Seeker, it had Trainer's Eyes in RS and Match Call in Emerald. Frankly though, I'd rather have Vs. Seeker, it was much less restrictive than any other rematch device. But any of those three would be better than how Unova and Kalos handled trainer rematches.

My bad, i forgot. And i agree vs. seeker was the best. I much rather face all the trainers where they original fought me than condensing rematches to stadiums or whatever was the trainer rematch feature in XY.

Status
Not open for further replies.