• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
OK, here's a great question, on the new Hoenn map has anyone noticed the large white spot under rt.133(the place where you awaken the Regi's). It may just be a cloud or sun glare, but it looks too perfect a sphere to be a cloud and why would they put sun glare on the map. It seems like they're trying to keep something hidden there so they can announce it later. Now I've been wondering if they planned on including the Battle Frontier because I don't see it on the map, so I suspect it's most likely that. But it could also be an addition to the original story line like with Team Magma's hideout in Emerald or the Sevii Islands in Kanto. Also, if you consider the patch of dark in the top right corner, it could be a reference to light and the other dark, although I wouldn't know how that pertains to the game. Either way there's something suspicious about it.

I really think it's just the sun's reflection; if the map's artist wanted to hide something that was there, they could've simply used clouds like they've used before in my opinion.

Last edited:

.Aerodactyl.

Let's see, I'll try my best! :D

- Sealed Chamber is how you open up the Regi's caves. You follow the currents on Route 131(iirc) and solve a braille puzzle and you'll ne able to go catch the Regi's.
- Mirage Island is an island that only appears under certain conditions(not sure what they are though). There's not much to it, as it only has a rare berry and wild Wynaut.
- Southern(?) Island is where, through an event, you could catch Mew.
- Don't remember the name of the last one but you could catch Ho-oh and Lugia through an event.

I didn't remember all the details but I hope that's somewhat useful.

That's actually REALLY helpful thanks! I've looked them up, but having never been to them in game I just can't keep them straight, and there is all this cloud cover in the maps to speculate about.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
- Southern(?) Island is where, through an event, you could catch Mew.

Minor mistake, but Southern Island was where you could catch the Eon Dragon that you didn't choose to be a roamer. Mew was found on Faraway Island which, like the Sinjoh Ruins in relation to Johto and Sinnoh or the Nature preserve in relation to Unova, isn't actually a part of Hoenn.

- Don't remember the name of the last one but you could catch Ho-oh and Lugia through an event.

That would be the Navel Rock.

Here are some others:

-Desert Underpass (Emerald only): An underground pathway leading from the Fossil Maniac's house on Route 114 to beneath the spot where the Mirage Tower used to be; in the post-game, this is where you can find the Fossil that you did not take from the Tower.
-Scorched Slab: A small cave on Route 120; it is beneath the bridge where Steven has you use a Devon Scope on a Kecleon. It contains only the TM for Sunny Day.
-Artisan Cave (Emerald only): A small cavern on the same landmass that is occupied by the Battle Frontier; you can find Smeargle here.
-Altering Cave (Emerald only): A small cave on Route 103 which could, in theory, be used in coordination with the Mystery Gift feature in order to alter the available species of Pokémon within, but they never actually held any events that enabled you to do that.
-Birth Island: Basically the same thing as the Navel Rock/Southern Island/Faraway Island, but for Deoxys. Technically, the Navel Rock and Birth Island are a part of the Sevii Islands archipelago, while Southern Island is in Hoenn and Faraway Island, as I explained, I somewhere else.

There were also the Marine and Terra Caves in Emerald, which would appear on one of four Routes for a limited amount of time, afflicting that Route with either intense sunlight or heavy rain in the overworld. You could track them by talking to one of the scientists at the Weather Institute, and inside, you could capture Groudon (Terra Cave) and Kyogre (Marine Cave). I think we can safely assume that these two will not be included in ORAS, for obvious reasons. :p

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
-Desert Underpass (Emerald only): An underground pathway leading from the Fossil Maniac's house on Route 114 to beneath the spot where the Mirage Tower used to be; in the post-game, this is where you can find the Fossil that you did not take from the Tower.

If they're bringing it back, it probably won't serve the same purpose. My guess is that instead of getting the 3rd gen fossil you didn't choose, they'll keep it to distribute National Dex fossils.

-Scorched Slab: A small cave on Route 120; it is beneath the bridge where Steven has you use a Devon Scope on a Kecleon. It contains only the TM for Sunny Day.

This place is begging for a Volcarona encounter and/or a Mega Stone.

-Altering Cave (Emerald only): A small cave on Route 103 which could, in theory, be used in coordination with the Mystery Gift feature in order to alter the available species of Pokémon within, but they never actually held any events that enabled you to do that.

I think it used e-Reader actually. I don't remember if it was ever utilized though because I never had one.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
If they're bringing it back, it probably won't serve the same purpose. My guess is that instead of getting the 3rd gen fossil you didn't choose, they'll keep it to distribute National Dex fossils.

This place is begging for a Volcarona encounter and/or a Mega Stone.

I think it used e-Reader actually. I don't remember if it was ever utilized though because I never had one.

Im in for the volcarona train :3

And yes it was a eradar thingy. You changed the zubats for some other mons.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire

It was not according to Bulbapedia.

Make it the new Friend Safari! Have a person at the entrance and there you go.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
I hope they bring back the Safari Zone, because we haven't seen it since HGSS, and that was 4 years ago! I particularly remember the Hoenn Safari Zone had a lot of different Pokemon available, and I think it was the only one that didn't have common Pokes appear. It was really annoying when you'd go to the Zone to catch rare Pokemon, and a Nidoran would pop up, especially in Kanto/Johto. T_T

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I hope they bring back the Safari Zone, because we haven't seen it since HGSS, and that was 4 years ago! I particularly remember the Hoenn Safari Zone had a lot of different Pokemon available, and I think it was the only one that didn't have common Pokes appear. It was really annoying when you'd go to the Zone to catch rare Pokemon, and a Nidoran would pop up, especially in Kanto/Johto. T_T

The only reason i would go to the zafari zone is to pick the items inside if it. Im not kidding GTS made it so easy to get the stuff i dont want to go Hunting mons i cant status for eady captures.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Im in for the volcarona train :3

And yes it was a eradar thingy. You changed the zubats for some other mons.

the e-reader gimmick was sadly not available where i live. But the altering cave was never interesting.

Scorched slab on the other hand was always an intriguing location to me. Why is this cave named this? why is there no pokemon living inside? why only 1 TM there? If the red orb is not the megastone (who am i kidding, of course it is), i would like the groudon's stone to be here. Otherwise i would like to see a megastone here. why not the volcaronite? i really hate that ugly disgusting moth but i think it would fit.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
The only reason i would go to the zafari zone is to pick the items inside if it. Im not kidding GTS made it so easy to get the stuff i dont want to go Hunting mons i cant status for eady captures.

Yes, the GTS does make it easier, but I personally enjoy heading out to catch a rare Pokemon I want. It just seems more fun (is that the right word?) and really what else would they put there? Friend Safari? There are other places to put that, places that are more suited to post-game attractions. What they could do is find a way to make Safari Zone Pokes unique. Hidden abilities is the FS's thing, so maybe there's something else that SZ Pokemon could have. Any ideas?

Pilpulp

美的
the e-reader gimmick was sadly not available where i live. But the altering cave was never interesting.

Scorched slab on the other hand was always an intriguing location to me. Why is this cave named this? why is there no pokemon living inside? why only 1 TM there? If the red orb is not the megastone (who am i kidding, of course it is), i would like the groudon's stone to be here. Otherwise i would like to see a megastone here. why not the volcaronite? i really hate that ugly disgusting moth but i think it would fit.

According to Bulbapedia; "Scorched Slab is modeled after one of the real-life locations that is claimed to be Amano-Iwato, the cave where the sun goddess Amaterasu shut herself up for a long time in Japanese mythology."

The Red Orb will almost certainly not be found here, if it were to be found in a cave it would probably be Terra Cave, but it doesn't matter because you'll likely obtain it after battling with Groudon. There's no water equivalent to the Scorched Slab anyways.

However, as you said, other megastones being put here is a good possibility, and it could very well be Volcarona, or another fire type.

I'm hoping for a post-game Volcarona in the Scorched Slab.

Post game Volcarona wouldn't make much sense. Why would it suddenly show up post game?

Why did the pixies suddenly show up in Black/White 2?

Granted, they were legendaries so maybe it's a little different, but you're making it sound like it's completely unfeasible that they would put a post game event that just involves a minor activation. Besides, it's not like I said "A post game Volcarona is going to show up". I said "I hope a Volcarona shows up" because, once again, it's a simple and sensical (Volcarona=sun) event that could make that area even slightly interesting. Because the Scorched Slab has an interesting premise and yet literally nothing happened there in the originals.

It's this fun thing called "speculation" where you state things that are even slightly plausible just for the fun of it. Sometimes these speculations are confirmed. Sometimes these speculations are dead wrong. But this makes about as much sense as people saying that we should get Johto starters with mega stones because that is a thing that people want and it makes sense that it could possibly happen based on the information given to us present.

But what do you think should happen at the Scorched Slab, or do you want it to just give you a TM?

Pilpulp

美的
Why did the pixies suddenly show up in Black/White 2?

They didn't really. You couldn't battle any of them in the Cave of Being on Route 20. The Azelf/Mispirit/Uxie are completely different from Volcarona in this sense.

Granted, they were legendaries so maybe it's a little different, but you're making it sound like it's completely unfeasible that they would put a post game event that just involves a minor activation. Besides, it's not like I said "A post game Volcarona is going to show up". I said "I hope a Volcarona shows up" because, once again, it's a simple and sensical (Volcarona=sun) event that could make that area even slightly interesting. Because the Scorched Slab has an interesting premise and yet literally nothing happened there in the originals.

I think what he's saying is that why all the sudden post-game? Why not during the story-line like in BW2?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
They didn't really. You couldn't battle any of them in the Cave of Being on Route 20. The Azelf/Mispirit/Uxie are completely different from Volcarona in this sense.

I think what he's saying is that why all the sudden post-game? Why not during the story-line like in BW2?

Because at this rate it doesn't look like we are getting a substantial pokedex growth that doesn't include the new evolutions and pre evolutions if we look at the number spacing. They could do what they do in Platinum but I'm unfortunately not very optimistic that we're getting a big, expanded Hoenn dex. Would I prefer it in game? Yes, because that means a bigger dex. Will we get it? Probably not.

Also note that I didn't say "I hope Volcarona just randomly appears in the cave!" I said "I'm hoping for a post game Volcarona in the Scorched Slab". That is pretty open. That could mean that there is an event, or you have a line of dialogue talking about it, or you run into it roaming and you later fight it in the cave. I did not specify the the activation of said Volcarona, only that I thought it would be neat if said Pokemon appeared in said location as a way to make it less of an empty cave.

Once again, this idea doesn't sound ludicrous. It's unconfirmed and pure speculation, but once again, so are a lot of ideas that I've seen thrown out and seen people relatively okay with.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
So after looking at this pic, I've realized that the structure beneath the rocket actually has a path leading down to it and the entrance to the structure actually looks like it opens up. I don't wanna get my hopes up to much...but...

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
So after looking at this pic, I've realized that the structure beneath the rocket actually has a path leading down to it and the entrance to the structure actually looks like it opens up. I don't wanna get my hopes up to much...but...

If they base the demo off the rumoured way to catch Jirachi/Deoxys then that'd be hilarious.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Not to fuel the fire with baseless speculation or anything, but if I recall correctly, the person who first posted the higher-quality Hoenn map onto Reddit said that the representative who had handed them out at PAX spoke of a post-game event that would "blow our minds," and, well, I would be damned if the moon wouldn't do just that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.