• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkazakiTheOtaku

Annoying Nerd
Just a question: if they were to make DLC, they would put it on Nintendo eShop, right? (sorry, don't understand much about this topic)
Yeah. It would be processed by the eShop and use (if applicable) eShop credits. They'd probably put a link in-game that leads right to the eShop page.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
So it's speculated that the Battle Frontier might be downloadable content? Because I find that really unlikely; I'm getting "OR/AS patch for X/Y" vibes again.

yeah I REALLY doubt GF will EVER use DLC... whether it is free or not. They DID say they are against the idea of having a separate content of a game after its realise after-all.

Ajduk

Battle Frontier coming as day one DLC?
Oh, wait, if it comes it will be available for download only in Gamestop, right? Like every other ****ing thing in this franchise.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Battle Frontier coming as day one DLC?
Oh, wait, if it comes it will be available for download only in Gamestop, right? Like every other ****ing thing in this franchise.

Yuck. I'd hate that. >_<

Don't mind some Gamestop events over anything street pass based though. The latter is almost impossible for me to get :(.

Zoldakin

Just a question: if they were to make DLC, they would put it on Nintendo eShop, right? (sorry, don't understand much about this topic)

yup. Not much else they could put it on.

Also, I agree with the person saying that these NPC might speak about things we never get to actually do. It could just be little tid bits to let people know, we acknowledge emerald existed, these NPC will show how Hoenn will change after the plot ot incorporate some of the features. After all, RS and Emerald technically take place at slightly different times. Steven was always the champion, but when Emerald happens, he has left his position whilst RS happen while he is still in that position. It wouldn't be crazy to think they included these little bits of info to kind of pull the whole story together to where it was left off in Emerald.

OkazakiTheOtaku

Annoying Nerd
yeah I REALLY doubt GF will EVER use DLC... whether it is free or not. They DID say they are against the idea of having a separate content of a game after its realise after-all.
Technically speaking, patches are DLC...just not in the same sense of the word.
*ahem*
Anyway, I'd like to point out that I do believe in the possibility of DLC for Pokémon main series games. Just...free ones.
I'd also like to put in my two cents here:
I think it is perfectly possible that the Battle Frontier is time locked. I mean...they did it with the demos, which as far as my knowledge extends, was unprecedented. Maybe it was a hint that some time during the future, it would finish "being built" or something, and be usable. We really just don't know for now.

Who knows? Maybe one day in February or something, we'll turn on our game and see that there's a Battle Frontier built. No DLC required.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It's a way of making people buy both versions.

I know. But it's still kind of silly imo.

*ahem*
Anyway, I'd like to point out that I do believe in the possibility of DLC for Pokémon main series games. Just...free ones.
I think it is perfectly possible that the Battle Frontier is time locked. I mean...they did it with the demos, which as far as my knowledge extends, was unprecedented. Maybe it was a hint that some time during the future, it would finish "being built" or something, and be usable. We really just don't know for now.

Who knows? Maybe one day in February or something, we'll turn on our game and see that there's a Battle Frontier built. No DLC required.

Very good point, Okazaki.

Maybe. That would be pretty neat. A nice surprise.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
*ahem*

don't use that Fake-*** pic as an evidence for your discussion. I am waiting till mods put that pic in a fake rumour thread so that we can stop all this nonsense. BF is gone and as much as I will miss it we need to accept that it is gone.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
don't use that Fake-*** pic as an evidence for your discussion. I am waiting till mods put that pic in a fake rumour thread so that we can stop all this nonsense. BF is gone and as much as I will miss it we need to accept that it is gone.

Yeah, I pretty much much gave up on Emerald content when they decided not to do Kyogre vs Groudon in Sootopolis City. I am not surprise that we are not getting the battle frontier, or anything else from Emerald. It is like Emerald never happened. I know about the Wallace rematch, but that ain't good enough in my opinion.

OkazakiTheOtaku

Annoying Nerd
When did I use that forged pic as evidence? I know it to be fake as much as you do. Please tell me where I said that was evidence. I stated my case with the demo and how it was time relative.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
When did I use that forged pic as evidence? I know it to be fake as much as you do. Please tell me where I said that was evidence. I stated my case with the demo and how it was time relative.

because you said that BF is "in construction"
Maybe it was a hint that some time during the future, it would finish "being built" or something, and be usable. We really just don't know for now.
For all we know game will NEVER mention BF in any shape or form and have no info on BF... it is as if BF never existed!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I can make do with the Battle Resort being like the Battle Maison. I was never a big fan of that facility, but at least battling at the Resort is one thing to do in the post-game.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm too lazy to read through things.
So, is the Frontier's absence because it is "still being built" a rumor or fact?

So, is the Frontier's absence because it is "still being built" a rumor or fact?
rumour.

one professional reviewer Tweeted that an NPC hints at the Battle Frontier being built, but the Tweet has since been deleted.
then a "screenshot" emerged (not from the same reviewer) claiming to show Wallace talking about Steven being "gone". this "screenshot" was coupled with "leaks" about Wallace becoming Champion (but unable to battle), NPCs talking about more Mega Stones, and NPCs talking about Palmer and Juan. aka everything that fans have wanted to hear.

Quite a big spoiler below about what (supposedly) happens post-Delta Episode!

k7RwsVA.jpg

The same source claims:

NPCs start telling you that a Battle Frontier is being built in Hoenn.
Steven leaves his position as Champion. Wallace is the new champion. (However you can't challenge him)
Some other NPC tells you that new Pokémon are reacting to Mega Stones.
Also Juan and Palmer are mentioned.

If this is true... oh my god.

We have this (now deleted) tweet from a reviewer. We also has this review that stated that an expected single player-post game addition did not make an return.

The Wallace rumour came much later and might just be someone riding on the wave.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
We have this (now deleted) tweet from a reviewer. We also has this review That stated that a an expected single player-post game addition did not make an return.

Well, that sucks...
This leads me to believe that the Battle Facility being teased by the Strange Souvenir guy in XY, might actually be the Hoenn Battle Frontier.

So, in my fear, we might have to wait until Z/X2Y2 to play it. Or worse... Gen 7.

Boshy

Ok, i think there is no point to give up yet :p, the games are not even realesed in North America or Europe, the reviewers got it but because of nintendo they cant tell any concrete info about post game before realese, you should not tell that the games are bad or cancel the pre order just because the BF is not in it , like i have seen some people do that... and i mean Nintendo/ Gamefreak will promote a lot and support those games like XY with events ,tournaments etc, i still say that is very possible that they will do a patch in december or something like that, and it will add the BF cause gamefreak knows that would be a huge thing for the fans, im sure Mega Milotic and Mega Flygon will happen somehow because of the fans, gamefreak probably already created those and other ones (2 gen starter megas which im sure will happen to), Maybe they will do that cause they did not wanted the hackers to find something, we can expect more so dont give up yet.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Are the contest halls all over again, or just lilycove?

And I'm so excited! hoenn was my favorite until it got tied with kalos, played it dozens of times and new the old game like the back of my hand, to play it in such great graphics just makes me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.