• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
The Trick House being in OR/AS makes me happy; I especially like its redone BGM. Doing the puzzles there was always fun, so I'm excited about that place being back.

They would never remove the Trick House! It was one the most memorable features in Gen 3!! Oh wait . . .

DasManiac

Most likely. It was said he traveled the world to get design inspiration, and he obviously chose Lumiose. It even has the same style cafes.

I believe it was said somewhere that National Dex was obtained somewhere early in the game.
There's currently no word about how to obtain the "supposed post-game Pokemon" yet. Maybe if we level the Sneaking/Habitat list high enough?

Correct, a review stated the full national pokedex could be accessed after the second gym. However they edited their review and removed that sentence. I guess that was probably embargoed info. It looks like your dex is updated to the national mode but new Pokemon are not found in the wild until post game.

Poke_Spirit

I like the new mauvile.. I'm waiting for the leak of music..is there some new anyway beside from utuber6061?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Correct, a review stated the full national pokedex could be accessed after the second gym. However they edited their review and removed that sentence. I guess that was probably embargoed info. It looks like your dex is updated to the national mode but new Pokemon are not found in the wild until post game.

So we get the National Dex early in OR/AS, but we can't actually catch National Dex Pokemon in Hoenn until post-E4? What a waste then.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So, apparently trainers in the Victory Road have Pokémon outside of the Hoenn Dex. Even things completely unrelated such as Sigilyph and Darmanitan.
Has anyone discussed this yet? What could be the reason for this?
Maybe you get the National Dex and ability to find non-Hoenn Pokémon after the 8th gym? Strange, but this would give you the chance to choose between a wider variety of Pokémon to challenge the Elite Four (which have foreign species, albeit cross-evolutions), most importantly things like Pidgey and Buneary.

WTF? Odd time for National Dex Pokemon to start showing up. I will rage if they don't fix Phoebe, Glacia, and Drake's rosters but they do for the random trainers in Victory Road. It makes absolutely no sense and wouldn't really fix what's wrong in the first place.

Last edited:

DasManiac

So we get the National Dex early in OR/AS, but we can't actually catch National Dex Pokemon in Hoenn until post-E4? What a waste then.

That's basically how the review described it. They specifically stated how the Fire type problem hadn't been solved though it was remedied somewhat by gaining full access to the National Dex after the second gym. Full was definitely the key word. There's so much they couldn't mention though so what that means specifically, I don't know. Anything post game is embargoed and I guess the Pokedex is also embargoed hence the removal of that section of the review.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I think a thread for the leaks should be made.. unless I;ve miss-seen it

We really don't need one for that.
Just keep the discussions going with the current threads.

A discussion thread for "Discoveries" will be put up on release day.

Kyurem209

So I had a thought about the battle frontier. Apparently some people are saying that the NPCs in ORAS are implying there will be a BF and some people are thinking it's going to be DLC?

What about the guy in XY who give you the strange souvenir? He says something about a facility but that it's not in Hoenn. Is this what they're referencing in ORAS?

quote from the hiker in X/Y

"The Kalos region is nice and all, but you've really got to check out my region!
Where is it, you ask? Well, I can tell you that it's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova!
There's this facility that you wouldn't believe...Ah, never mind. You'll see it in due time. "

maybe we will be infact seeing a sevii islands thing in ORAS? activated by the strange souvenir?

Poke_Spirit

So I had a thought about the battle frontier. Apparently some people are saying that the NPCs in ORAS are implying there will be a BF and some people are thinking it's going to be DLC?

What about the guy in XY who give you the strange souvenir? He says something about a facility but that it's not in Hoenn. Is this what they're referencing in ORAS?

quote from the hiker in X/Y

"The Kalos region is nice and all, but you've really got to check out my region!
Where is it, you ask? Well, I can tell you that it's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova!
There's this facility that you wouldn't believe...Ah, never mind. You'll see it in due time. "

maybe we will be infact seeing a sevii islands thing in ORAS? activated by the strange souvenir?

these quotes are possibly indicating about the new region for the sequels of XY..

shadowF

how would dlc benefit gamefreak though? I mean why would they want to make the battle frontier dlc available when they could of just added it to the game since the beginning? I am thinking this npc who hints at battle frontier is just like Cynthia who hinted at the world tournament in black and white, so we might get battle frontier in pokemon z or XY sequels.

lavanda

Really feeling it
WTF? Odd time for National Dex Pokemon to start showing up. I will rage if they don't fix Phoebe, Glacia, and Drake's rosters but they do for the random trainers in Victory Road. It makes absolutely no sense and wouldn't really fix what's wrong in the first place.
Yeah. It is really random. I had the same reaction as you, but as I discovered this in the morning, I had the whole day to swallow it and think of a possible explanation.

About that trailer, I had a thing when Route 113 music started playing. It's nothing like what I imagined, but such a epic and modern rehash of my favorite RSE track. I love it. Rival Battle theme seems awesome, too.

Last edited:

Poke_Spirit

Because we all know Kalos lacks a huge post-game.
But I dunno. I made a post on this on the Characters thread.

Here's the rumors/claims after the Delta Episode
- NPCs start telling you that a Battle Frontier is still being built.
- Wallace replaces Steven as the new champion. However you can't challenge him.
- The E4 cannot be battled with their rematch teams (with Megas) as well, if I'm not mistaken.
- Steven goes missing. He's not even in Meteor Falls.
- Some other NPC tells you that new Pokémon are reacting to Mega Stones.
- Juan and Palmer are mentioned.

Assuming this is true, what IF the Frontier is time-based, like how events in the demo are time based as well...?

Was thier rematches teams in the coding for nothing then?..

Yeah. It is really random. I had the same reaction as you, but as I discovered this in the morning, I had the whole day to swallow it and think of a possible explanation.

About that trailer, I had a thing when Route 113 music started playing. It's nothing like what I imagined, but such a epic and modern rehash of my favorite RSE track. I love it. Rival Battle theme seems awesome, too.

Can you post the source please?
I haven't actually seen anyone post about meeting foreign pokemon in Victory Road until now.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
these quotes are possibly indicating about the new region for the sequels of XY..

Wouldn't the sequels to XY (either X2Y2, Z, or something else) be set in Kalos again not a new region. I always thought that quote was referring to the Gen VII region?

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Do we know if the tutors that taught you moves for Shards are back?

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Wouldn't the sequels to XY (either X2Y2, Z, or something else) be set in Kalos again not a new region. I always thought that quote was referring to the Gen VII region?

not necessary... I mean GF might surprise us by placing in a new region but without new pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.