• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke_Spirit

I'm pretty sure that the info regarding Wallace being Champion post-E4 and the things that follow is fake tbh.

Though the images looks real..

lavanda

Really feeling it
Can you post the source please?
I haven't actually seen anyone post about meeting foreign pokemon in Victory Road until now.
It's not really confirmed, hence why I said "apparently".
But it stems from the data dump. Lots of trainers keep their original names, and levels indicate they are in the same place as always. As an example, search for Isaac and Lydia, and them look them up on the Pokéarth. Look up Albert and Hope. Victory Road levels, foreign Pokémon. Well, here they are. Vito, the son of the Winstrate family, is a safer ground. He has a Darmanitan, and there is no way they are relocating him.

It's not really confirmed, hence why I said "apparently".
But it stems from the data dump. Lots of trainers keep their original names, and levels indicate they are in the same place as always. As an example, search for Isaac and Lydia, and them look them up on the Pokéarth. Look up Albert and Hope. Victory Road levels, foreign Pokémon. Well, here they are. Vito, the son of the Winstrate family, is a safer ground. He has a Darmanitan, and there is no way they are relocating him.
Ohh, thanks. I actually think it has been brought up a few times when the demo data was released, when you mention it now. But I must admit that I had completely forgotten about it.

Anyway, Mirage Tower fully confirmed to be gone. I didn't trust the map completely until now, given that it eventually disappears.

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Ohh, thanks. I actually think it has been brought up a few times when the demo data was released, when you mention it now. But I must admit that I had completely forgotten about it.

Anyway, Mirage Tower completely confirmed to be gone. I didn't trust the map completely given that it eventually disappears.

I guess this confirms somewhat my theories on the remakes' position on the overall timeline...

By the way, the page doesn't exist anymore. Embargo really is frustrating, isn't it?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm not surprised that Mirage Tower apparently isn't in OR/AS; it was an Emerald location, so it didn't stand a chance anyway imo. Same goes for the Desert Underpass.

Pilpulp

美的
I'm not surprised that Mirage Tower apparently isn't in OR/AS; it was an Emerald location, so it didn't stand a chance anyway imo. Same goes for the Desert Underpass.

Sacrificing features for the ability for them to be called "full remakes" is the dumbest thing Gamefreak has ever done.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
well when has GF ever done a thing that makes sense?

Platinum, That game highlighted it's predecesor strengths and actually gave us a run for our money. B2W2 Expanded the functionality and replay value of BW by a shiton with ease. They have done nice stuff.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Sacrificing features for the ability for them to be called "full remakes" is the dumbest thing Gamefreak has ever done.

To be fair, in this instance Mirage Tower isn't anything special anyway. We're not really missing anything other than the temporary existence of a tower in the desert created solely to get a fossil.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
No Emerald features makes a hell of a lot more sense than whatever they're doing with the National Dex in this game. At this point I'm wondering whether or not Game Freak has completely lost their minds or if they're doing something really innovative with the National Dex.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I disagree, and in my opinion, most of Emerald's unique locations were redundant anyway. We don't need Mirage Tower in OR/AS just to get a fossil, nor did we need the BF since we have the BR now.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
No Emerald features makes a hell of a lot more sense than whatever they're doing with the National Dex in this game. At this point I'm wondering whether or not Game Freak has completely lost their minds or if they're doing something really innovative with the National Dex.

My guess? Both. But are they doing it right? Only the former.

But then again, people were asking for R/S remakes, NOT Emerald remake. Next time, better be careful of which game you ask to be remade lol.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Some reviews said it can be chained like the PokeRadar.
So, I think, maybe if the DexNavi was at a high enough level, and chained long enough, we can encounter National Dex Pokemon.

If we can encounter Pokemon with Egg Moves and Pokemon that are 5-10 levels above regular Pokemon, then it's possible.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons

That's how GameFreak works. They introduce/leave out features that make you ponder the sanity of them all. Then again, they are Japanese. :/

This whole National Dex thing though, makes me wonder what the purpose of the Regional Dex is, if it will be obsolete by the second gym. If Victory Road trainers have non-native Pokemon, then why not add those Pokemon to the Regional Dex? GF confuses me . . .

Pilpulp

美的
To be fair, in this instance Mirage Tower isn't anything special anyway. We're not really missing anything other than the temporary existence of a tower in the desert created solely to get a fossil.

Well I was referring to this specifically;

Which apparently is the same thought process as Gamefreak's.

I really don't care if Battle Tents are gone, or the Mirage Tower for that matter, but why take out something so substantial, that can perfectly fit in the game no questions asked, so they can call their games full remakes.

I'm pretty sure literally no one would be mad if the Battle Frontier was included (that said, as long as it didn't replace something else, which it doesn't have to)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Some reviews said it can be chained like the PokeRadar.
So, I think, maybe if the DexNavi was at a high enough level, and chained long enough, we can encounter National Dex Pokemon.

If we can encounter Pokemon with Egg Moves and Pokemon that are 5-10 levels above regular Pokemon, then it's possible.

That's what I'm thinking too. We still have those ??? Pokemon spread out through the game, so it's possible that those Pokemon are obtained by DexNav and are just very well hidden.

This whole National Dex thing though, makes me wonder what the purpose of the Regional Dex is, if it will be obsolete by the second gym. If Victory Road trainers have non-native Pokemon, then why not add those Pokemon to the Regional Dex? GF confuses me . . .

Exactly. It doesn't make any sense. The entire purpose of a regional dex is to give you a selection of Pokemon that you use throughout the game to keep you from getting overwhelmed by the size of the National Dex. Once you have the National Dex, there's no need for any kind of limit. So what's the point in holding back on trainer rosters until late in the game?

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
That's what I'm thinking too. We still have those ??? Pokemon spread out through the game, so it's possible that those Pokemon are obtained by DexNav and are just very well hidden.

Exactly. It doesn't make any sense. The entire purpose of a regional dex is to give you a selection of Pokemon that you use throughout the game to keep you from getting overwhelmed by the size of the National Dex. Once you have the National Dex, there's no need for any kind of limit. So what's the point in holding back on trainer rosters until late in the game?

I REALLY wonder why GF did that and not fix rosters of Gym leaders/Elite four/Champion on the first time around. I swear GF has lost their marbles since X and Y. If that is how they are going to handle 6th gen... I am afraid of what GF has in their insane mind for future.

Status
Not open for further replies.