• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

satorio

I know is easy to let it be, but just reading a lot of thing saying "Battle frontier soon" or "scouting people for battle frontier"... is not that easy, and well, I don't know, maybe, and
juuust maybe, we will get the dlc, or something like that, I mean, the miniature of the battle tower says it's the first facility to be in construction for the battle frontier, aaaand, we
have the battle tower theme in game, maybe we will get every facility once in a time.

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
I know is easy to let it be, but just reading a lot of thing saying "Battle frontier soon" or "scouting people for battle frontier"... is not that easy, and well, I don't know, maybe, and
juuust maybe, we will get the dlc, or something like that, I mean, the miniature of the battle tower says it's the first facility to be in construction for the battle frontier, aaaand, we
have the battle tower theme in game, maybe we will get every facility once in a time.

Honestly it could happen. The Battle Frontier is a big project and would take a lot of effort and time to create. They could have not had the time to fully complete it. The Battle Tower and Frontier Brain battle theme is there, granted the Frontier Battle theme is probably also used in the Battle Maison but it can be reused easily.

Honestly it could happen. The Battle Frontier is a big project and would take a lot of effort and time to create. They could have not had the time to fully complete it. The Battle Tower and Frontier Brain battle theme is there, granted the Frontier Battle theme is probably also used in the Battle Maison but it can be reused easily.

I find it hard to believe that they didn't include it because they "didn't have time". I actually think that they would rather postpone a release than create a game even they themselves would deem unfinished.

I find the way the BF has been handeled in these games extremely weird, but I wouldn't look to much into it personally. Having a strong belief in DLC just seems to be raising the hopes for no particular reason. In the end I would much rather have this "Game corner closed, gg" attitude regarding the BF as well, than this ambiguity.

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
I find it hard to believe that they didn't include it because they "didn't have time". I actually think that they would rather postpone a release than create a game even they themselves would deem unfinished.

I find the way the BF has been handeled in these games extremely weird, but I wouldn't look to much into it personally. Having a strong belief in DLC just seems to be raising the hopes for no particular reason. In the end I would much rather have this "Game corner closed, gg" attitude regarding the BF as well, than this ambiguity.

Well, this is Game Freak.. they do odd stuff at times. Perhaps this is one of those times. In the end you just never know.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
By the way, do we know exactly where the Battle Resort is? Is it located at the Battle Tower's previous spot, or somewhere else?

Xuxuba

I'm pretty sure that BF theme is being used by the Maison and that BF mention only means one thing: fanservice. GF made it pretty clear when they said, not a long time ago ,that they didn't want DLC

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Something occurred to me, in X and Y the Battle Maison had an unlock-able statue for each type of battle. Perhaps once you get all five something happens? I mean the Battle Tower theme is in the game's files. Honestly just thinking about it makes me smile even if its futile in the end.

Wishful thinking, it's not going to happen, be DLC or in game unlockable.

I hope the main game gets data mine already so we can finally stop the funbro on twave chansey argument regarding hidden stuff and DLC wich won't happen.

Last edited:

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Wishful thinking, it's not going to happen, be DLC or in game unlockable.

I hope the main game gets data mine already so we can finally stop the funbro on twave chansey argument.

You really reek of pessimism. Lighten up, seriously.

Navarch

All these "unlockables" should be tested ASAP...Maybe someone should talk to EVERYONE, or maybe we need to defeat the Elite Four x amount of times, or maybe it's the "Mono-Type" Elite Four challenge thing in BW2...IDK, just throwing some possibilities out there :)

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
You really reek of pessimism. Lighten up, seriously.

There is a difference between wishful thinking and being optimistic.

Flare blitz Flare on was being optimistic.

Nintendo adding download able areas and extra pokemon forms/Megas mid game release is wishful thinking.

Nintendo always thrives on releasing fully functional games, with added bonuses that don't affect the main game playability, specially on multi-player based games. A Midvale DLC containing areas or pokemon forms / mega evos goes against 10 years of Nintendo policies and quality standards. It is not going to happen.

Kyokkai

There is a difference between wishful thinking and being optimistic.

Flare blitz Flare on was being optimistic.

Nintendo adding download able areas and extra pokemon forms/Megas mid game release is wishful thinking.

Nintendo always thrives on releasing fully functional games, with added bonuses that don't affect the main game playability, specially on multi-player based games. A Midvale DLC containing areas or pokemon forms / mega evos goes against 10 years of Nintendo policies and quality standards. It is not going to happen.

Yeah well, nobody ever thought they might one day put the Kanto Pokemon in a newer game and different region.

Nobody thought they'd ever let us get most of the legendaries without paying for every game or hacking.

Nobody ever thought they'd make a demo for their latest Pokemon game.

Seems to me like they're slowing smashing their traditions and trying to explore new ways to do things.

I wouldn't count it out personally.

disboardvagrant

well over 9000
oh pike queen where art thou? is it also a possibility to see an emerald remake with battle frontier? (as unlikely as an emerald remake may seem)

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Yeah well, nobody ever thought they might one day put the Kanto Pokemon in a newer game and different region.

Nobody thought they'd ever let us get most of the legendaries without paying for every game or hacking.

Nobody ever thought they'd make a demo for their latest Pokemon game.

Seems to me like they're slowing smashing their traditions and trying to explore new ways to do things.

I wouldn't count it out personally.

I can count it out, and it sometimes hurts me to see people putting their hopes on something that won't happen. Or to be fair has almost no probability of happening since GF can Milk our cash with a revisit to kalos or weathered they are planning to do next. We got a functional game, they will release a movie or 2 some shinning only Japanese folks will get and then move on to the next game.

Last edited:

.Aerodactyl.

Everyone one is allowed their personal opinion, and while I think getting the battle frontier in ORAS is unrealistic, people are allowed to hope. I only suggest to those theorizing on the possibility of a battle frontier make sure to over emphasize that your thoughts are speculation so we don't confuse new comers, etc.

We don't know what we don't know. Let's not call eachother names.

We only have a week at most before someone confirms something. Either Nintendo will finally come out and say something or data miners will find/not find something.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Everyone one is allowed their personal opinion, and while I think getting the battle frontier in ORAS is unrealistic, people are allowed to hope. I only suggest to those theorizing on the possibility of a battle frontier make sure to over emphasize that your thoughts are speculation so we don't confuse new comers, etc.

We don't know what we don't know. Let's not call eachother names.

We only have a week at most before someone confirms something. Either Nintendo will finally come out and say something or data miners will find/not find something.

Fair point, I try to avoid absolutes here, several kids come to the forums when they don't see new mega or legend in the main page, if they where to stumble upon this thread and DLC wishlist in or random unlockable theories what do you think these kids will do when they want to believe there is something new and exciting in their games?

They will try to do or get hyped for non existent nonsense.

If you want to be responsible for the next thousand kids using strength on a truck and then flail in disappointment for not getting what they hoped and wanted to believe was there, just simply isn't there because it was never there to begin with ?

Or to make them talk to a rock or wait for 100 rocket launch because they would get a jirachi?

They deserve better than our random wishlisting and denial.

Last edited:

BurningWhiteKyurem

I've read up and apparently the Battle Frontier is omitted from the release of the game, however... there are NPCs that talk about the Battle Frontier that's being built. And Pokemon that are just recently reacting to mega stones. Something smells like.... DLC/Patched in content post-release?

Maybe this is just me, but I think people are reading way too much on the "Pokemon are recently reacting to Mega stones." I'm betting that particular dialogue is referring to strictly Hoenn Pokemon given that we do get some Mega Stones before postgame.

Not to mention, if GF decided against bridging compatibility in regards to XY and ORAS's Megas, it doesn't seem logical to assume that they would add more Mega content in the near future.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I've read up and apparently the Battle Frontier is omitted from the release of the game, however... there are NPCs that talk about the Battle Frontier that's being built. And Pokemon that are just recently reacting to mega stones. Something smells like.... DLC/Patched in content post-release?

As several WANT to believe it is a possibility. I discarded that completely to be honest. It's just some salt in the wound. Just think of the SS Anne coming next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.