1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Hydrohs, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 26mick10

26mick10 Shiny hunter

Does anyone know if the portal legendaries are shiny locked

2. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

I have been playing ORAS for a while and I find Hoenn to look more vibrant than Kalos. Favourite location so far is the Devon Corp Building, it looked a bit boring in RSE but the jump to 3D allows the game to showcase President Stone's fossil and stone collection in all its glory. It is also amusing Unova is slightly referenced when the scientist developing a machine to visually show a Pokemon's dreams mentions Fennel as a scientist in a faraway region working on the same thing. (She is not mentioned by name however.)

3. Bakphoon™

Bakphoon™ Heated Fury

My lord, Mauvile city is more confusing that I expected :p

4. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

I made this map for everyone's convenience... and I posted this on the Discovery thread earlier.
    Mauville City Map (Ground Floor only)
    [spoil][​IMG][/spoil]

5. Bakphoon™

Bakphoon™ Heated Fury

Weren't there something like 2 or 3 floors?

6. Kotone

Kotone Well-Known Member

Anyone found the destiny knot yet?

7. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Yeah, by doing Contests. One of my fans gave to me after winning the Coolness master rank.

8. Silverevilchao

Silverevilchao Scythe-Wielding Chao

Mauville City is so good. Like, that new design took me completely off-guard! Love the food court too...though I'm surprised that the first place you go to is a Unova reference and not a Kalos one.

Where can I find a Dawn Stone? :x Really would like my Kirlia to be a Gallade by now...

9. Disaster_Lord

Disaster_Lord Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Super training or the victory road.

10. SeQuiereSeMata

SeQuiereSeMata New Member

Excuse me, does anyone here know where and how I can locate the Battle Resort?

11. Numberc101

Numberc101 New Member

Does anyone know where I can find the exp.share and how it works compared to the older games

12. Bluemage21

Bluemage21 Well-Known Member

It is the same way from Ruby, saphire, and emerald, in the petalburg forest from a scientiest you save from a tema grunt, it is not possible to miss. It works just like XY's EXP. Share

13. Vize

Vize New Member

Do you have to have the Mach Bike in order to get the the lower levels of Granite Cave? I'm asking cause I really want a Mawile

14. Zoldakin

Zoldakin Well-Known Member

actually, that's not how u get it in RSE lol. You used to get it from Mr. Devon. I know I'm mad late with this, but after I read that I had to correct it :p

15. Bluemage21

Bluemage21 Well-Known Member

WEll, techincally it is still impossible to miss......>.< i have not played RSE in a long time.

16. HollowZard

HollowZard Hello there! x3

Is Chain Fishing still a thing in ORAS?

17. Khaelis

Khaelis ★ Pokémon Breeder ★

I think so.

18. HollowZard

HollowZard Hello there! x3

My luck must be off today x.x I have a chain of over 50 for a magikarp and no shiny x.x

19. saPower1000

saPower1000 FLIP ALL THE TABLES

I'm okay with it too, as it only happens if you try to pass right behind them when they turn. It's a large window, but you have to be on the tile next to them from the two times its happened to me.

I was flipping out when I caught a taillow with Sky Attack via the DexNav. Love how the npc Pokemon can be scanned as well (such as Peecko the Wingull).

I was aware it was based on chance, but apparently not. Maybe try scanning the area, then just walking around till it shakes in the grass?
    Ralts is rare though, so that might be why.

Destiny Knot can also be found with a level 91-100 Pokemon with the ability Pickup I believe. Has a 1% chance.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  20. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

It's something that's already present even in the demo.

All NPC trainers (not just Joey) will notice you if the NPC trainer spins around as you are within its range of sight, even if the spinning ends up making it face another direction.
    However, it only happens if it passes your direction while spinning. If let's say the NPC trainer spins counterclockwise from facing up to facing down, and you are on the right side of the NPC, then the NPC won't notice you.

I guess it's for a sense of realism, even if you spin around, you should still see a trainer coming towards you, unless if the trainer is in a direction you didn't see while spinning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.