• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

26mick10

Shiny hunter
Does anyone know if the portal legendaries are shiny locked

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I have been playing ORAS for a while and I find Hoenn to look more vibrant than Kalos. Favourite location so far is the Devon Corp Building, it looked a bit boring in RSE but the jump to 3D allows the game to showcase President Stone's fossil and stone collection in all its glory. It is also amusing Unova is slightly referenced when the scientist developing a machine to visually show a Pokemon's dreams mentions Fennel as a scientist in a faraway region working on the same thing. (She is not mentioned by name however.)

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
Mauville City is so good. Like, that new design took me completely off-guard! Love the food court too...though I'm surprised that the first place you go to is a Unova reference and not a Kalos one.

Where can I find a Dawn Stone? :x Really would like my Kirlia to be a Gallade by now...

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Mauville City is so good. Like, that new design took me completely off-guard! Love the food court too...though I'm surprised that the first place you go to is a Unova reference and not a Kalos one.

Where can I find a Dawn Stone? :x Really would like my Kirlia to be a Gallade by now...

Super training or the victory road.

Numberc101

Does anyone know where I can find the exp.share and how it works compared to the older games

Bluemage21

Does anyone know where I can find the exp.share and how it works compared to the older games

It is the same way from Ruby, saphire, and emerald, in the petalburg forest from a scientiest you save from a tema grunt, it is not possible to miss. It works just like XY's EXP. Share

Vize

Do you have to have the Mach Bike in order to get the the lower levels of Granite Cave? I'm asking cause I really want a Mawile

Zoldakin

It is the same way from Ruby, saphire, and emerald, in the petalburg forest from a scientiest you save from a tema grunt, it is not possible to miss. It works just like XY's EXP. Share

actually, that's not how u get it in RSE lol. You used to get it from Mr. Devon. I know I'm mad late with this, but after I read that I had to correct it :p

Bluemage21

actually, that's not how u get it in RSE lol. You used to get it from Mr. Devon. I know I'm mad late with this, but after I read that I had to correct it :p

WEll, techincally it is still impossible to miss......>.< i have not played RSE in a long time.

HollowZard

Hello there! x3
Is Chain Fishing still a thing in ORAS?

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I like that. That makes it so that your Pokemon should always be up to par with surrounding trainers even if you want to skip them.

I'm okay with it too, as it only happens if you try to pass right behind them when they turn. It's a large window, but you have to be on the tile next to them from the two times its happened to me.

I'm really digging the DexNav feature. I manage to catch a Slakoth with Hammer Arm. Its really cool how they're giving up some unique moves to lower level Pokemon. I'm considering putting Slakoth on my main team for this.

So far I won my first badge, and my main team is currently looking like: Treecko, Slakoth, Ralts

I'm also going through each route to complete each DexNav map. It's so addicting and very useful. Holy crap this game is neat. xD

I was flipping out when I caught a taillow with Sky Attack via the DexNav. Love how the npc Pokemon can be scanned as well (such as Peecko the Wingull).

I need help.

I am trying to use the Dexnav to find a Ralts, but it won't do it at all. >.>

It keeps telling me to check other places. I do that, nothing. I even try staying put, nothing.

Is it because Ralts is rare?

I was aware it was based on chance, but apparently not. Maybe try scanning the area, then just walking around till it shakes in the grass?
Ralts is rare though, so that might be why.

Anyone found the destiny knot yet?

Destiny Knot can also be found with a level 91-100 Pokemon with the ability Pickup I believe. Has a 1% chance.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
So on Route 116, apparently Youngster Joey can lock eyes with you EVEN if he is facing AWAY from you. Tried to sneak past him and that happened lol.

It's something that's already present even in the demo.

All NPC trainers (not just Joey) will notice you if the NPC trainer spins around as you are within its range of sight, even if the spinning ends up making it face another direction.
However, it only happens if it passes your direction while spinning. If let's say the NPC trainer spins counterclockwise from facing up to facing down, and you are on the right side of the NPC, then the NPC won't notice you.

I guess it's for a sense of realism, even if you spin around, you should still see a trainer coming towards you, unless if the trainer is in a direction you didn't see while spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.