• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
Can someone explain to me this multiverse theory that is going around. I finished the story, so I must have just skipped over the text, and now I'm completely out of the loop. Is Gen III/Hoenn now the beginning of the canon or something?
We have two major universes now: a Mega Evolution universe and a non-Mega Evolution universe.

Games from generations 1 to 5 take place in the non-Mega Evolution universe. There, AZ's war never happened, the weapon was never activated and as a result, Mega Stones and Mega Evolution never came to be.

Generation 6 games, so - Pokemon XY and ORAS, take place in a whole separate universe where AZ's war did happen (as explained in XY) and therefore Mega Evo exists there.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
We have two major universes now: a Mega Evolution universe and a non-Mega Evolution universe.

Games from generations 1 to 5 take place in the non-Mega Evolution universe. There, AZ's war never happened, the weapon was never activated and as a result, Mega Stones and Mega Evolution never came to be.

Generation 6 games, so - Pokemon XY and ORAS, take place in a whole separate universe where AZ's war did happen (as explained in XY) and therefore Mega Evo exists there.

Hmm, so that's really the case eh? Well, if this is Universe, something tells me that they HAVE to be preparing for a DP remake since that has something very related to universes and so on if everything still hasn't been settled with these games. And so the plot thickens.

DanteKoriyu

It's actually more like 5 universes at minimum (for now, depends on if they do a Z or X2Y2 kinda deal). One for each of the 3 versions in the non-Mega universes (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald for example), and then 2 versions for the Mega universes (Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire).

Janovy

Banned
It's actually more like 5 universes at minimum (for now, depends on if they do a Z or X2Y2 kinda deal). One for each of the 3 versions in the non-Mega universes (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald for example), and then 2 versions for the Mega universes (Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire).
Well I thought I'd make it easier by just naming the two major universes.

I definitely expect there are smaller universes within those with varying timelines of events like R/S/E or D/P/Pt.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
am I the only one who's super amazed by the fact that we can fly to landmarks now? accidentally flew to safari zone and tried it out with other landmarks and it worked

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
am I the only one who's super amazed by the fact that we can fly to landmarks now? accidentally flew to safari zone and tried it out with other landmarks and it worked

Can't we fly to our secret base too?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
you can Fly or Soar to any Town, Route or green landmark that you've been to, but you can't get dropped off in front of Secret Bases specifically

Darn, that'd be cool.

redven

So I accidentally stumbled upon the Alakazite. It's in Slateport City in the shopping area. It is to the bottom left of the entire place.

Crazy considering I just got to this location. It is 4:30 pacific time and there was a sparkle, so I check and bam! Alakazite.

Anyone else have intel on the other Mega Stone locations?

Last edited:
So I accidentally stumbled upon the Alakazite. It's in Slateport City in the shopping area. It is to the bottom left of the entire place.

Crazy considering I just got to this location. It is 4:30 pacific time and there was a sparkle, so I check and bam! Alakazite.

Anyone else have intel on the other Mega Stone locations?
they're listed on Serebii's item page, just scroll towards the bottom:

http://serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/items.shtml

DemonDragon

Ironclad trainer
Honestly, that just feels like a complete rip off to me since by then the pokémon will be too low-leveled and you'd have to go all the way back to Slateport & Dewford

Well when the dexnav levels up a bit you can find them at high levels sometimes. I found one at level 20 and another at level 22, albeit not very common. But if you're patient you can find the high levels. Additionall, the trainers on routes seem to be ready for rebattling pretty fast. The one boy to the northeast of Rustboro I've battled about 6-7 times. Several of the others 4-5 times. And since you can now go straight between petalburg/slateport and skip dewford, makes travelling less tedious. Mix the trainers rebattle with exp share and it really does not take long to catch a pokemon up to your team level wise.

26mick10

Shiny hunter
this is prolly better suited for the "Help" thread, but here ya go: the Mart in Rustboro City (after opening Rusturf Tunnel and talking to the Scientist outside)

Ok thank u very much :)

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Am I the only one who feels like the whole Kyogre/Groudon after-effects are really reminiscent of the Legend of Korra? With all the new energy into Hoenn, we effectively changed Hoenn so much that so many new Pokemon could come back into Hoenn...like how the spirits could access the human world after Korra opened up the spirit portals. Sorry, random thought.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
What do you guys think about the new look of Mauville City? Personally, I was not expecting it to turn into a super mall, and boy is it awesome. Was this the game creators' intent from the start? This made the original Mauville city look like nothing compared to the enhanced version. The only downside is there's no game corner. Was there a reason for that? Or is that just so there isn't a trace of gambling in a modern kids game.

Either way, I like the new look, and its already one of my favorite places of the Hoenn region.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I haven't got the game yet, but random question: when exactly do I get the PlayNav and Exp. Share in the game?

You get the Exp.Share in the Petalburg Forest from the researcher you save, and the PlayNav from Wally after helping him catch Ralts,

Also, some interesting things I noticed about the vending machines scattered across the Hoenn region were that some of them double the prices of the items you purchase from them (Lemonade costs 700 PokeDollars inside the Cable Cart Station at Mt.Chimney when it should cost 350), and you can actually get 3 of one drink for the price of one (I was lucky enough to get 2 extra Lemonades for free for the price of 350 at the Pokemon Department Store).
Also noticed that A.I. can actually still lock eyes with you even if they are facing the opposite direction AND even if you aren't running past them. It's happened 3 times to me already, and apparently can happen at a slight distance too, but only seems to happen during a 1 second time frame. Although, one of the Youngster trainers turned and faced up when I was to the right of them, and they STILL noticed me and walked over and challenged me. Just some stuff I noticed (don't know if any of that was mentioned before).

Status
Not open for further replies.