• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Not that I'm defending them for copy/pasting the Maison, but in fairness, couldn't you just, you know, play through the Frontier in the older games, assuming that you still have access to them? Yes, you would have fewer Pokémon and move choices, but it's not as if IVs and EVs work any differently than before.

did you just admit that Pokemon hasn't changed significantly at all or what

TheDragonKing

King of dragons

Saying Pokemon hasn't changed is like like saying bread doesn't get moldy after a while. The physical/special split, hidden abilities, about 300+ more Pokemon, Mega Evolution. Don't tell me those don't change the game even slightly.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Not that I'm defending them for copy/pasting the Maison, but in fairness, couldn't you just, you know, play through the Frontier in the older games, assuming that you still have access to them? Yes, you would have fewer Pokémon and move choices, but it's not as if IVs and EVs work any differently than before.

Unfortunately not everyone has the older games, I only got the BF in Platinum and Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I would have like to have the original BF return as it was the first and would have looked great in the new games. The Battle Maison had already appeared in X and Y, they should have waited til the next game(s) to bring it back.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm slightly irked that Sootopolis is now a crater formed by a meteor or whatever instead of an extinct volcano like it was in R/S/E. Why did GF change Sootopolis City's backstory?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Granted, I forgot about the Physical/Special split as BurningWhiteKyurem pointed out (I guess I take it for granted these days), but generally speaking, I don't think that it has changed significantly. Aside from new Pokémon/moves/Abilities, which we're inevitably going to get with every new generation, I would say that the only real major mechanics shake-up since then has been Mega Evolution.

EDIT: Battling-wise, I mean. The game as a whole has changed quite a bit (aside from its formulaic plot structure), with things like streamlined EV training and breeding and a better online interface.

Last edited:

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Question. Can Ralts only be found in that patch of Grass in which Wally catches his Ralts? Cause I've been searching for a while in the patch closest to Oldale Town for about 2 hours and nothing yet.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Question. Can Ralts only be found in that patch of Grass in which Wally catches his Ralts? Cause I've been searching for a while in the patch closest to Oldale Town for about 2 hours and nothing yet.

No, Ralts can appear in any patch of grass on that route. However, you will probably find one much more quickly if you walk around outside of the grass and wait for one to appear on the DexNav.

In can be found in the entirety of route 102, but it's one of the rarest encounters (4% encounter rate, above Surskit)

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
No, Ralts can appear in any patch of grass on that route. However, you will probably find one much more quickly if you walk around outside of the grass and wait for one to appear on the DexNav.

Ok thanks. Surprisingly as soon as I posted this I ran into a Ralts, Modest Nature mind you. lol

ebevan91

Ok thanks. Surprisingly as soon as I posted this I ran into a Ralts, Modest Nature mind you. lol

Ralts was literally the first Pokemon I ran into on that route. Then it was Surskit. 2 rare Pokemon back to back.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
found something interesting I think no one else has found yet. On the second floor of the shipyard theres a paper on a desk that reads

memo: "the technology of the super high speed rail in kalos will be used for the next generation propulsion mechanism of this ship"

Not sure what it mean exactly but I feel like it means the railway will be used to get to hoenn and the ship will be used to get back to kalos if the next game includes both regions (way out there theory I know)

edit: random fact from the oceanic musem kalos's water hardness exceeds 300 ppm

what does that mean?

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
found something interesting I think no one else has found yet. On the second floor of the shipyard theres a paper on a desk that reads

memo: "the technology of the super high speed rail in kalos will be used for the next generation propulsion mechanism of this ship"

Not sure what it mean exactly but I feel like it means the railway will be used to get to hoenn and the ship will be used to get back to kalos if the next game includes both regions (way out there theory I know)

what does that mean?

It simply means that the same technology Kalos uses is used in the S.S. Tidal, it has nothing to do with connecting the two regions.

Kotone

what does that mean?

Water hardness is measured by the amount of minerals a water has in it. Apparently the water in Kalos is very hard.

It's a bit deluded to claim you're the only one who has read that paper.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Water hardness is measured by the amount of minerals a water has in it. Apparently the water in Kalos is very hard.

It's a bit deluded to claim you're the only one who has read that paper.

Why I said think. it's not something important so I thought most people skipped over it.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
found something interesting I think no one else has found yet.

I always check out the exhibits and stuff, but it's ultimately just minor trivia. Not usually a whole lot to discuss. :p

It simply means that the same technology Kalos uses is used in the S.S. Tidal, it has nothing to do with connecting the two regions.

Oh lord. Hoelos cnfirmed.

Kotone

On Serebii it says you get the best friends ribbon from a girl in Mauville Hills, but I talked to everyone and couldn't find such a person.

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
These games are definintely giving me a new love for Hoenn. RSE were never my favorite games, but I did always respect the creativity of the region. ORAS has amplified this, and I have such a great time exploring now. Especially the diving areas, those are awesome.

I also have a new love for the characters and Pokemon in this gen, which I didn't have back in the day. These are probably among my favorite games now.

Status
Not open for further replies.