• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetius

I've read every page and I kinda agree with all that was said in here about the new locations.
I must say that you've got sharp eyes, because I couldn't see some of the supposed new locations or updated ones. LOL
What I'm looking forward to right now is knowing more about them, but I wonder when they will reveal them.
Either way, I'm really happy with what they've done so far. :)

Last edited:

The Mustache

Who knows? We don't know if Boutiques are now merged with PokeMarts.
Or the original contest halls are now boutiques rather than Battle Tents, leaving Lilycove as the main Contest location similar to Emerald.

Nope. Look at this artwork: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Slateport_City_Mt_Chimney_artwork.png
This is Route 9, then Slateport, then Route 10 (and you can see the Cycling Road), then Mauville (walled), then Route 111-112, then Mt. Chimney.

I don't know... If it is a wall you shouldn't be seeing the big entrace in that building... Actually I don't know what that building is... Maybe isn't even Mauville. It can be power plant remember? :/

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I don't know... If it is a wall you shouldn't be seeing the big entrace in that building... Actually I don't know what that building is... Maybe isn't even Mauville. It can be power plant remember? :/

Take a good look at the Hoenn map. That building IS Mauville. New Mauville is underground.
I just wish they give us a bigger map.

Aetius

Take a good look at the Hoenn map. That building IS Mauville. New Mauville is underground.
I just wish they give us a bigger map.

I remember that we got a bigger one for XY.
I do hope that they will do the same with ORAS, because I agree with you in saying that the map we got yesterday it's too little. LOL

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Good to see the trick master's house is back, I just hope he is still living there :9

And there are tree in the water below mauville and the road to meteor falls. Does this mean Secret Bases have returned?

Also, I seen some posts about a new region above Mt Pyre, but I'm pretty sure that's just the safari zone.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Did anybody see that there is a Pokemart that is not in a Pokemon Center in all cities and towns? Nintendo took a step backwards!
I do not see that as a step backwards at all. They are being true the the game. Hoenn has had the two in different places, and since this is the same game and the same time it would be strange for them to just change.

Every day I get more and more excited! That map is wonderful! I want more!

Grey Wind

It's bad because it's shallow fanservice that takes a step back from superior gameplay just for the sake of being shallow fanservice. I've said it before, but if they're going to go that route, then they may as well get rid of the Repel prompt and multiple-use TMs.
I don't know if it's fanservice as much as it's them just not bothering to replace them with something. Like, I know fans can be picky but does I don't think the lack of Pokemarts is something anybody actually cares about nostalgia wise.

Who knows? We don't know if Boutiques are now merged with PokeMarts.
Or the original contest halls are now boutiques rather than Battle Tents, leaving Lilycove as the main Contest location similar to Emerald.
That's a good idea actually. Lilycove's contest hall looks a lot bigger than the buildings in place of the original halls, so I think all the contests will be held there.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
In HG/SS we got Groudon/Kyogre/Rqayquaza, so for the R/S Remakes we're getting Giratina/Dialga/Palkia would be my guess.

Sinister cloud in upper corner to me is Giratina or Darkrai represented, most likely Giratina. Space station, Palkia anyone? :) Nothing on Dialga though....

Just located east of the kyogre design ocean area(appears to be a Regi style cave), but that's not where the Regi's are, possible 4th Cavern access for Regigigas?

Mauville for sure looks like its been transformed into a Power Plant facility. There are big walls as pictured in the wonderful artwork, but it defo looks like an actual building rather than plain walls.

North of Mauville looks like there's been a landlside of some sorts, just before reaching the desert. Looks like you might have to go up a cliff face, and then back down to reach the other side.

Devon Corp. looks small, if its even still there at all in Rustboro City.

I appear to see at least 2 small "lake" sized pools of water, with adjacent new cave locations that could possibly hold Mesprit/Uxie/Azelf:

1st is directly south of Sootopolis, big pool of water, with a walkable route with a cave entrance above it.
2nd is a little ways east of the 1st, big pool of water surrounded by mountainous terrain, with what appears to be access to a beach route.
Possible 3rd location could be up what appears to now be a double waterfall location above Fallarbor Town.

Where the Safari Zone used to be, i'm seeing a group of similarly shaded objects, but not the building itself, so possible location move to post-game, ala X/Y Friend Safari instead.

It's bad because it's shallow fanservice that takes a step back from superior gameplay just for the sake of being shallow fanservice. I've said it before, but if they're going to go that route, then they may as well get rid of the Repel prompt and multiple-use TMs.

How can the R/S remakes possibly be considered inferior to X/Y/Black/White solely because of 2 buildings in 1, that's beyond ridiculous. The Pokemarts are back because its a remake. It's called nostalgia, not fanservice.

Last edited:

Pilpulp

美的
A few things I noticed on the new Hoenn Map;
(A few things on here could be blatantly obvious, or a given to return, I'm just including them because I found it interesting)

+ Evergrande City seems to have remained the same, (I saw people hoping for it to become more city like)
+ Route 119 has clouds over it (Something I don't recall in R/S/E) So it could be hiding something? Or just new aesthetics, I don't know.
+ The shard house on 124 seems to remain, (I don't know if that's significant)
+ The abandoned ship is still there (or at least something exactly where it was, can't really tell even when I squint exactly what it is)
+ Cable car!
+ Regi Locations have stayed the same (A given I suppose)
+ Sky Pillar area is covered up with clouds
+ Battle Frontier area is covered up with clouds
+ There's a weird black spot to the northernmost of the map (Could be a dark cloud, the only other thing that comes to mind is Distortion World, but surely they would have hidden that, so I'm 99% sure that's not it)
+ New Mauville remains
+ The soda hut place seems to remain
+ The cave (base) near Lilycove remains
+ Mossdeep Space Stations remains

That's all I could see or felt like pointing out (People have probably pointed these out by now)

Is it really that cringe-worthy that GF decided to keep the Pokemon Center and PokeMart separated considering it has originally been that way just to stay true to the originals?

Or convenience have spoiled you, guys?

First, the complexion issue, now something as petty as this... Seriously... the fanbase...

I put having the two separate on my desires/expectations list when the game came out. So I'm happy.

superyellowduck

Ace Trainer
Ok since Gen V, we have always had a "hub" city - Castelia in Unova and Lumiose in Kalos. It makes sense for these cities - they are essentially capital cities. My question is, do we think there will be a major renovation to one of the cities to make them on par with Castelia/Lumiose?

Let's say for arguments sake that there will be a major renovation. I think it's most likely to be either Slateport or Maulville.

ShadowKreach

I keep seeing people talking about a new landmass north of Mt. Chimney/Mt. Pyre (Which a lot of people are getting confused, by the way).
I'm pretty sure that what they're talking about is, if they mean Mt. Chimney, probably just the smoke from the volcano...

Or if they mean Mt. Pyre then they're likely talking about the shadow blot thing that's gotten everyone really confused...

Neither of them seem to be anything to do with new regions. My best guess is that the shadowy thing is either a post-game area or something to do with Primal Reversion.
Just trying to clear up any confusion.

or something to do with Primal Reversion.
This is what I thought about too. It seems to look like a sharp mountain-type of place, with a pattern similar to the glowing parts of Primal Groudon/Kyogre. This would be my guess.

Chandreigon

Pokemon Master
I keep seeing people talking about a new landmass north of Mt. Chimney/Mt. Pyre (Which a lot of people are getting confused, by the way).
I'm pretty sure that what they're talking about is, if they mean Mt. Chimney, probably just the smoke from the volcano...

Or if they mean Mt. Pyre then they're likely talking about the shadow blot thing that's gotten everyone really confused...

Neither of them seem to be anything to do with new regions. My best guess is that the shadowy thing is either a post-game area or something to do with Primal Reversion.
Just trying to clear up any confusion.

The other weird thing about the north of mt pyre is where the safari zone once was, it looks a bit different on the new map, seems to have more space, the in game view of r/s/e (refer to page 1 for specific link) enabled one to view the door of the safari zone from the pier to mt pyre, but the new map adds a bit. Maybe nothing though.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
I am not sure why Game Freak decides to do that. Pokémon Centres are much more important than Pokémon Mart since it is free to restore Pokémon's health there.

What do you mean? I said they separated the Pokemart and Pokemon Centres.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Ok since Gen V, we have always had a "hub" city - Castelia in Unova and Lumiose in Kalos. It makes sense for these cities - they are essentially capital cities. My question is, do we think there will be a major renovation to one of the cities to make them on par with Castelia/Lumiose?

Let's say for arguments sake that there will be a major renovation. I think it's most likely to be either Slateport or Maulville.

I'd say either Lillycove or Slateport to be honest. The city which had the big department store in each region seems to be the main city and Lillycove had Hoenn's department store.

Mays

I know it's been asked, but what's with the giant black evil looking thing north?

Also, I really need to know this.. do you think the friend safari will replace the regular safari? I hope so. Or at least keep the shiny odds in the safari.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The other weird thing about the north of mt pyre is where the safari zone once was, it looks a bit different on the new map, seems to have more space, the in game view of r/s/e (refer to page 1 for specific link) enabled one to view the door of the safari zone from the pier to mt pyre, but the new map adds a bit. Maybe nothing though.

Actually, if you analyze the whole map (despite its size), while the layout stays true to the original, you will notice a lot of tiny bits here and there that changed.

:: Route 101 is longer.
:: Route 103 now has a long linear path from Oldale.
:: Two tall buildings in Rustboro has been reduced to the same height as the ordinary buildings.
:: Route 116 has been pushed south when it was originally pushed further north than Verdanturf.
:: The Abandoned Ship has been pushed back instead of actually positioned along Route 108.
:: Route 109 now has a wharf.
:: Route 114 is wider.
:: Route 115 has new islands.
:: The Safari Zone is pushed back a bit north.
:: The Berry Master's field is bigger.
:: Mossdeep and the Shoal Cave is pushed further north.
:: Mossdeep houses and building are now properly aligned.
:: Several rock formations are added to the Hoenn sea, noticeably on Route 129 and 130.

WaterMasterDD

Water Trainer
It doesn't bother me that the Pokémon Centres and the PokéMarts have been separated again, it just adds to the nostalgia for me.

It will, however, bug me if the Contest Halls are Battle Tents again and Lilycove is the only Contest Hall again. I hated that about Emerald version...

On to a positive note though, the Beautifly fluttering around is a gorgeous addition and will really make the game come alive. I do love my butterfly Pokémon!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
One thing I'd like to see them do for OR/AS is give name for each of the routes like they did for X & Y, such as how Route 7 in the Kalos region is called Rivière Walk or how Route 15 is called Brun Way

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio

It's Mauville. You can see it from the image on the 1st post of this thread. It is entirely located within a walled city now, somewhat like a power plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.