• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Discuss the Hoenn region that is being reintroduced in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Remember to keep your posts on topic and avoid one-liners, posts with content and that are well thought out are good posts.

hoennmap.jpg

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I like how the region it self looks. I'm started to wonder how it's going to be like surfing, because there's a lot to surf in Hoenn. The design in the game play was pretty interesting. The region itself seems very large, and pretty. Just like how it is in the game play we saw today.

HoennMaster

Ok, you weren't kidding about not long to wait haha.

Things that stand out:

1) The Abandon Ship looks....enormous.
2) Weird black/purple clouds off the north coast
3) It kind of looks like there could be something just southeast of Pacifidlog in that rocky area.
4) Routes 129 and 130 both have parts of the water cut off from the rest of the ocean.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
Fortree City looks amazing! I love the jungle vibe it gives. Slateport city also looks pretty fun, especially how the backdrop in pokemon battles display the umbrellas and the town in back.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm glad that the Abandoned Ship has apparently been expanded; it almost looks like a whole island now in my opinion. I'm disappointed by how bland Dewford Town still looks though.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
You know, people keep saying that they've added a bunch of new rocky areas to the dreaded water routes, but if you look at this map, you can see that most of them were there before. So it's not really that different.

Sorry to disappoint. :p

I'm glad that the Abandoned Ship has apparently been expanded; it almost looks like a whole island now in my opinion. I'm disappointed by how bland Dewford Town still looks though.

I still think that that could be an island, and that the ship just crashed into it.

Also, I seriously love this map's art-style.

Last edited:

Zoldakin

Okay so a lot of ppl have said the region looks very geometric. While that is true, I think this is just a comparison to the expanded over world of the originals to show off what things will look like in 3d. I highly doubt the in game map will look like this and a lot of the routes will probably be more organic in shape. I would also like to post my map to show what I think has changed and stuff but I think theres a limit to how many pictures you can post, at least for new member. :p

You know, people keep saying that they've added a bunch of new rocky areas to the dreaded water routes, but if you look at this map, you can see that most of them were there before. So it's not really that different.

Yea I posted this twice but ppl keep ignoring it or something, its no that different actually, the new one just looks a little more compact.

I'm disappointed by how bland Dewford Town still looks though.

if you look closely, granite cave has two entrances, hopefully that means the back of the island has something under the clouds or at the very least, a bigger granite cave.

I'm glad that the Abandoned Ship has apparently been expanded; it almost looks like a whole island now in my opinion.

To me it looks like the ship is marooned on some rocky outcroppings, either way, awesome new expanded place to explore

Also, I seriously love this map's artstyle.

yea me too!

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Yea I posted this twice but ppl keep ignoring it or something, its no that different actually, just looks a little more compact.

Exactly; that's a good way of putting it. Although I must say, I didn't expect it to be this identical to RSE's Hoenn. I mean, aside from the separate Poké Marts, I have no issue with that. I'm just surprised by the exactness of it including the lack of Mirage Tower and the subsequent non-canonicity of either these games or B2W2, unless we've just gone full continuity reboot altogether... again.

gliscor&yanmega

The stuff from the trailer looked nice, can't wait to see how the rest of the region looks now in 3D.

Curious about the new stuff, nothing really stood out as new to me expect for that Black mist or whatever at the top, haven't really got any time to look at the maps and see what's for certain new.

I'm about 50/50 on Battle Frontier being here and being the thing under the clouds in the right bottom corner. There's a lot of cloud cover, don't remember how it turned out for the other maps(Pretty sure B/W had clouds too and then ice for B2/W2), the edges can just be clouds but the other clouds probably have something hidden. I think one is where Sky Pillar is suppose to be, so I'd assume it's just a redesign for it. The other cloud is near where you unlock the Regis, and I'm pretty sure Regigigas will be in the game so maybe it's Regigigas' resting place.

It being in 3D makes the thought of exploring the region again more exciting for me compared to FR/LG and HG/SS(Not that I didn't enjoy them, just a 3D world is more exciting for me).

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege

Sorry to disappoint. :p

I still think that that could be an island, and that the ship just crashed into it.

Also, I seriously love this map's art-style.

I wonder if that map is to scale. I know if you were to see a region from way above using in-game scale, it'd still look tiny. I'd like to see a compare chart for this map and the original hoenn map. :)

Zoldakin

haven't really got any time to look at the maps and see what's for certain new

Hoenn_ORAS.jpg

no worries, I've already done it for u lol :)

Red: new areas
Blue: possible new areas or updated areas (more post game plsss)
Yellow: areas that look to be updated (the part near shoal cave with the purple arrows is because they moved the actual location of the cave further back, not much else is different.)
Green: WTF is that?!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Those islands to the right of Pacifidlog Town definitely look bigger than they were in R/S/E and they seem accessible this time around in my opinion. Granted, the map isn't very large, so it's hard to see small details, but there are some notable differences that stand out imho. I also wonder if all the dark-blue sea areas are diving spots, like those to the left and right of Pacifidlog Town.

Last edited:

Kdude146

I am looking forward to visiting Mossdeep City the most because that's my favorite city in Hoenn and the space center in 3D looks like its going to be amazing!! I think that Weird black/purple clouds in the north will have something to do with Groudon & Kyogre. The other cool thing is this time we will see Hoenn change to night time which will also be cool

shadowF

do you guys see battle frontier place?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Looking at the new Hoenn Map, here's what I've noticed:

- They kept Pokemon Centers and Pokemarts separated (unless those Pokemarts are now boutiques)
- Granite Cave has two cave openings
- Mauville is now a walled city
- Trainer Tower at Route 111 is not present
- There's a cave entrance north of Lavaridge
- Mysterious fogs are covering Rute 119
- They kept the Mossdeep rocket from Emerald
- There appears to be a few more buildings around EverGrande now
- Siniter area to the north of Mt. Pyre and Lilycove
- Sky Pillar and Frontier covered by the clouds
- Route 129-131 rock formations expanded
- Bright light south of Route 132-134 that seems to be hiding something.

Said something similar this in another thread, but I'll say it again because it's about the region.

- I wonder what that dark-purple area is in the north of the region? Maybe some post game location?
- Those two cloud formations at the bottom (Bottom right corner and, pretty much, bottom middle). They both look like they're big enough to be concealing other pieces of the region. Whole other (small) cities? Maybe one of them is the Battle Frontier (the bigger area of cloud cover)?

And:

That thing as well. Is there something possibly hiding under that round section?

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
Where is Mirage Island located in Hoenn?

Zoldakin

- Trainer Tower at Route 111 is not present
- There's a cave entrance north of Lavaridge
- Mysterious fogs are covering Rute 119

1. I totally forgot about that because I think we all assumed we were getting a battle frontier anyways. good call.
2. Can't see much because everything is the same orange hue as the dirt around routes and very small pic, but perhaps expanded the rocky route that leads up to mt chimney if u have acro bike? edit: it was called jagged pass lol, cant believe I forgot that
3. I just assumed that was because its a rainy route with a lot of cloud cover, but they may be concealing something, another good call.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.