• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoldakin

Personally, I think that glare is meant to be the sun's reflection.

I fell like they would've done that much better if they tried to make it sun glare. also, why would the sun glare off of one spot in the water and no others?

I've mentioned it before in other threads, but I'm so glad Pokemon centers and marts are separate again, really brings back nestolgia of the older generations

horribly inconvenient, I don't care for nostalgia when it causes hindrances. I truly hope those are boutiques.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I suspect that this will probably be located in the Cave of Origin, if it is to be involved in the story at all (it looks like a big expositiony thing, but I heard from some people that it is actually the title screen). The way that I picture it, after Groudon/Kyogre begin their rampage, you will be asked to go into the Cave of Origin to speak with the Champion, who will then explain the situation to you using the cave painting.

Zoldakin

I suspect that this will probably be located in the Cave of Origin, if it is to be involved in the story at all (it looks like a big expositiony thing, but I heard from some people that it is actually the title screen). The way that I picture it, after Groudon/Kyogre begin their rampage, you will be asked to go into the Cave of Origin to speak with the Champion, who will then explain the situation to you using the cave painting.

I saw it appearing before they awaken, kind of like in sinnoh when you go to meet cynthias's grandma and get some back story, but the more I think about it, they really couldnt be anywhere else. Not that many temple type places in hoenn.

Personally, I think the glare is meant to be the sun's reflection.

And I think the "fog" on Route 119 are just normal rain clouds. :x

It's funny, because earlier I was thinking "It'll probably turn out to be some lens flare effect from the sun".

The map looks great! Love the detail in comparison to the Unova and Kalos maps. I've mentioned this before in other threads, but I'm so glad Pokemon centers and marts are seperate again, it really brings back nestolgia of the older generations. :)

http://serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/12.jpg

I agree. :)
One of those things I was sort of expecting them to do with these remakes. You know, for nostalgia's sake.

Zoldakin

I just noticed something I missed before. Mt. Pyre looks like it has multiple entrances along the side, like if u were going in and out to progress. Which reminded me of the bland victory road so itook a look at that. Its les obvious but theres just enough shading along the right side to look like entrances. Hopefully we exit the cave and get to climb across a steep cliff against the roaring waves, that would be beyond epic.

shadowF

Wulava;17219518 Sky Pillar and Frontier covered by the clouds[/QUOTE said:
so battle frontier confirmed? if it is that is really cool! I want to see battle frontier in 3d especially the frontier brains!

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
The Dark Void that's just chilling next to Mossdeep, it's just so ominous, it's rather intriguing. The thing it reminds me of most just from looking at it is the Distortion World from Platinum, so prehaps it could have a connection to the Creation Trio? I'd really need more information on it to get a solid theory though, but the Mega Dark Void is definitely the most interesting thing on the Hoenn map to me.

As for the whole splitting up the Mart and Center thing, it's really no skin off my bones. I've been using the traditional Mart system for 4 Generations, so while Gen V's introduction to integrated Marts is convenient, I don't mind as much as others would it seems, I've played more games that don't have the Mart integrated then ones that do and that didn't stop me from enjoying them back then, I don't see why I can't now. It's a Luxury I can live without. But hey, that's just my opinion on the matter.

Chandreigon

Pokemon Master
I originally posted this in another thread, but I suppose it belongs here now;

Might be a bit late to the map chat discussion, but this is all that I could tell that had changed. I think in addition to whatever the clouds are hiding, this could be pretty good.
New islands on the left,
an extra entrance at granite cave,
abandoned ship was expanded
mauville got an upgrade,
the area near the winston house is a bit wider,
new island above the weather institute,
new area above mt pyre,
distortion world thing,
more spacing between lilycove and sootopolis,
mossdeep and evergrande get an upgrade,
new islands below sootopolis and around pacifiglog.
Also an aeshetic change expanding the river near route 103 (yellow in picture).

View attachment 12775

Also of note is the change in the rusturf tunnel, the rustboro entrance was further north than the verdanturf entrance but now it appears to have changed.

As for clouds, I think we can probably expect one to be hiding the battle frontier, as well as hoping for something to the north east of shoal cave, and something behind the one next to southern island (below pacifiglog).

Marts and Pokecenters are separate, and if you zoom in enough you can see that contest/battle tents are back, and it appears that boutiques are shown with yellow/orange roofs (look at mossdeep for a better look, or here: http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/12.jpg)

I think the cave image could be in either meteor falls or cave of origin, but I would probably prefer meteor falls to give that place something more interesting.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
so battle frontier confirmed? if it is that is really cool! I want to see battle frontier in 3d especially the frontier brains!

Actually, I am beginning to doubt that we will see the Battle Frontier. The lack of the Mirage Tower and Trainer Hill, and the apparent tendency of these games toward RS as opposed to Emerald leads me to believe that the most we may get is a "Battle Tower" which functions as a Battle Subway/Maison equivalent.

Last edited:

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
- There's a cave entrance north of Lavaridge

If I remember correctly, in Emerald, Team Magma's base of operations was on the Jagged Pass instead of right out of Lilycove City (where Team Aqua was located). I wonder if that is what will happen in Omega Ruby, to differentiate the two teams even more.

I'm also interested to see what is behind those clouds. I think that it is very plausible that the bottom-right could be hiding the battle frontier, or at least a battle tower. Maybe they're hiding an even bigger post-game section? It would be cool to have the Friend Safari return, but I hope that we also have the Safari Zone, seeing as one has not been seen since Gen 4. Those purple clouds seem like they must hide something crazy!

lavanda

Really feeling it
I'm also interested to see what is behind those clouds. I think that it is very plausible that the bottom-right could be hiding the battle frontier, or at least a battle tower. Maybe they're hiding an even bigger post-game section? It would be cool to have the Friend Safari return, but I hope that we also have the Safari Zone, seeing as one has not been seen since Gen 4. Those purple clouds seem like they must hide something crazy!
My guess is that the covered island in the bottom-right corner is a post-game area with wild gen IV - VI Pokémon.

Zoldakin

Actually, I am beginning to doubt that we will see the Battle Frontier. The lack of the Mirage Tower and Trainer Hill, and the apparent tendency of these games toward RS as opposed to Emerald leads me to believe that the most we may get is a "Battle Tower" which functions as a Battle Subway/Maison equivalent.

The only thing I hate about this idea is HGSS got a frontier when there wasn't even one in any gen 2 game. I am hopeful that at least the frontier fro emerald makes it in if not the other things. Maybe they moved trainer hill and mirage tower isn't visible because its actually more of a mirage?

lavanda

Really feeling it
If this is true it means they completely gave up on the Frontier, which is really sad. That place was the only thing that kept me playing Emerald after beating Steven. Also this would likely mean that, unlike in HGSS, the version mascots are exclusives.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The only thing I hate about this idea is HGSS got a frontier when there wasn't even one in any gen 2 game. I am hopeful that at least the frontier fro emerald makes it in if not the other things. Maybe they moved trainer hill and mirage tower isn't visible because its actually more of a mirage?

That is a good point, and I do hope that it plays out that way. However, one thing to note is that Johto actually got Sinnoh's Battle Frontier (more or less), so by that logic, it is also possible that these games will, again, just end up with a Maison equivalent, which would be very unfortunate.

Also, I am going to repost and expand on some thoughts that I had about the Southern Island here:

Hmm, that's actually got me thinking. What if, in these games, they use the XY Roaming Pokémon mechanic for Latias/Latios? As in, you would have to run into them eleven times on various routes, and then they would retreat to the Southern Island for you to catch in a stationary Battle? I mean, to my knowledge, they don't usually include event locations on the initial map, so if the Southern Island had the same event-only status in these games that it did in RSE, then it would be very peculiar to include it on the map at all, even covered up.

Now, I have given it some more thought, and I have actually become rather conflicted about it. For one thing, I realized that the Southern Island was included on the original RS maps despite being an event location. However, their practices were different back then, and both the cloud-cover trick and the outright exclusion of event locations from the map were traditions that didn't start until later Generations. Nevertheless, even if the Southern Island were an accessible in-game location, it would most certainly be considered a post-game location, would it not? You don't find out about the Eon Dragons until after you've defeated the Champion, after all. So by that logic, it should be concealed by clouds. But, the Sea Spirit's Den was not concealed on the Kalos map, despite being the eventually dwelling place of one of the Winged Mirages in the post-game. But despite that, the Sea Spirit's Den was accessible during the main storyline as well, so logically, it would not be hidden on the initial map. However, the Southern Island requires you to sail there by boat, and is not accessible by conventional means, so it has not reason not to be covered up unless it serves no function.

Hmm...

Zoldakin

puguh

If this is true it means they completely gave up on the Frontier, which is really sad. That place was the only thing that kept me playing Emerald after beating Steven. Also this would likely mean that, unlike in HGSS, the version mascots are exclusives.

True, it will be sad. Battle Frontier is the only reason why I continued to play Emerald in the past. But who knows they decided to squeeze the facilities into one secret new location, hehe

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Oh and these are definitely new:

I0yjKDV.png

Mt. Pyre looks very good! Actually looks like a volcano now.

Well that's strange, considering that it isn't a volcano...

Status
Not open for further replies.