• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKS-Lapras

Oh and these are definitely new:

I0yjKDV.png

Well that's strange, considering that it isn't a volcano...

I love the fact that it's so clean, the new map. You look at old Ruby and Sapphire maps, and they are so, gritty, for a lack of better words. The additions that have been noticed thus far are going to be interesting, because they could hide so many interesting secrets.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

lavanda

Really feeling it
I've noticed these two new areas too. If I had to guess, the one in the right is related to Groudon/Kyogre events, seeing how it's close to where the player appears after they go out of control. There seems to be some kind of settlement there, maybe it's related to the legends as I think Cave of Origin alone won't be enough with the new Primal formes and all. The one in the left, I can't think about anything but Rayquaza. The absence of the tower, though, is unsettling...

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I'm pretty sure it isn't since it has magma, which is the definition of a volcano, a mountain with magma...........

Are you sure that you aren't confusing Mt. Pyre (the graveyard) with Mt. Chimney (the volcano)? Because Victini223 said that Mt. Pyre looked like a volcano.

I've noticed these two new areas too. If I had to guess, the one in the right is related to Groudon/Kyogre events, seeing how it's close to where the player appears after they go out of control. There seems to be some kind of settlement there, maybe it's related to the legends as I think Cave of Origin alone wouldn't be enough with the new Primal formes and all. The one in the left, I can't think about anything but Rayquaza. The absence of the tower, though, is unsettling...

The Sky Pillar is most likely just concealed by the clouds that are right next to that new area.

Last edited:

Zoldakin

What magma? Mt. Pyre doesn't have any. :confused:

dude what games have u been playing............ the whole thing about it was use the magma for the meteorite, I cant tell if your trolling or not........................

Are you sure that you aren't confusing Mt. Pyre (the graveyard) with Mt. Chimney (the volcano)? Because Victini223 said Mt. Pyre looked like a volcano.

omg I feel so dumb, I saw mt pyre and reed mt chimney, im so srry, my bad, I think its time for bed, too much scrutinizing new info

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
dude what games have u been playing............ the whole thing about it was use the magma for the meteorite, I cant tell if your trolling or not........................

That's Mt. Chimney, not Mt. Pyre. I'm pretty sure Mt. Pyre's an ordinary mountain.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
From its brief appearance in the trailer, I loved the jungle like environment of Fortree City. The new map also makes Sootopolis City look more like a former volcano and I look forward to see what it looks like in the game.

Curious to find out what is hiding behind those clouds. The clouds in the bottom right hand corner looks like it conceals the Battle Frontier/Tower, while the omnimous dark clouds could be a place linked to Primal Groudon/Kyogre or a place where you could find Darkrai.

Last edited:

lavanda

Really feeling it
The Sky Pillar is most likely just concealed by the clouds that are right next to that new area.
That area seems kinda strange to Surf into, though. I was thinking Battle Tower/Frontier judging from the placement of the Frontier in Emerald.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
Edit. Ninja'd.

So how about that Fortree City?

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Did anybody see that there is a Pokemart that is not in a Pokemon Center in all cities and towns? Nintendo took a step backwards!

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
That area seems kinda strange to Surf into, though. I was thinking Battle Tower/Frontier judging from the placement of the Frontier in Emerald.

No, no, I meant the other new area. :p The one that is closer to Pacifidlog Town.

Did anybody see that there is a Pokemart that is not in a Pokemon Center in all cities and towns? Nintendo took a step backwards!

Game Freak. Game Freak took a step backward, and yes, many have noticed. I myself am quite disgruntled about it.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege

I don't see why this is terribly bad. Like...at all. Sure it's convenient in X/Y, but nothing to ruin your day.

lavanda

Really feeling it
No, no, I meant the other new area. :p The one that is closer to Pacifidlog Town.
That's the one I meant, though I was mistaken about the Frontier placement, I thought it was in the island direct southwest of Sootopolis. So yeah, that's likely the Pillar.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I don't see why this is terribly bad. Like...at all. Sure it's convenient in X/Y, but nothing to ruin your day.

It's bad because it's shallow fanservice that takes a step back from superior gameplay just for the sake of being shallow fanservice. I've said it before, but if they're going to go that route, then they may as well get rid of the Repel prompt and multiple-use TMs.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Despite what some people are saying, I really hope the Battle Frontier makes a return. It's true these games are based on Ruby/Sapphire, hence featuring only one team as an enemy as opposed to both, but I think the plot of Ruby/Sapphire is more important to include than the lack of original facilities. Furthermore, while Trainer Hill is missing and this has been used as an argument against the Battle Frontier, I would argue that Trainer Hill was more of a gimmick than the Battle Frontier, which was adapted into later games and extremely well received by fans.

... also, I just really want to explore the Battle Pyramid and mess around in the Battle Factory again, but in 3D this time. Fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.