• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazedyanma

Cyclipse
You know it's easier because while you've never done it, you just know you'll do it this time?

Are you a time traveler? Can you tell us what GameFreak is planning?
I know it's easier due to the changes that occurred from 5th gen. to 6th. Prior to X and Y, you HAD to obtain every last pokemon to complete the national 'dex, no questions asked. Currently, no legendary event pokemon must be captured to do that. It's funny you mention time traveling though. Because if IIRC, there was a long period of time in Pokemon's history that did not allow players to obtain event legendaries by conveniently downloading it through WiFi. Could you imagine this being the case today? If it were, wouldn't completing it be hopeless? I may not be a time traveler per se, but I've certainly lived long enough to know that Pokedex completion is NOWHERE near as hard as it once was. Those who complain about it likely have no clue what they're talking about or otherwise lack perspective on the matter. As for my own Pokedex, it's simply an intuitive observation that needs no (dis)approval from anyone.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Prior to X and Y, you HAD to obtain every last pokemon to complete the national 'dex, no questions asked.

No you didn't. You have never been required to capture event Pokémon in order to complete the National Pokédex. In fact, you didn't even need Ho-Oh or Lugia in RSE and DPP, and until XY, you didn't need Phione either. But you have never needed to own all of the event Pokémon in order to receive certification.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
That's debatable, yeah the Looker storyline was alright, but to say the best post-game content? No. Off the top of my head, B2W2 did it better.

Well its a matter of I like story line post game content, and I think the looker storyline was really great. But each person can like something different :p.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That's debatable, yeah the Looker storyline was alright, but to say the best post-game content? No. Off the top of my head, B2W2 did it better.

I don't care for Looker in general and while his storyline added content to X/Y's post-game, I want something better in OR/AS. That's why I kind of hope that the hidden area in the bottom right of the Hoenn map is a series of new islands that act as an expanded BF at best.

Crazedyanma

Cyclipse
I am lost, if you knew of the source, why did you say there was none?
I said the evidence wasn't SUBSTANTIATED, not that it wasn't there to begin with.

Well, I have completed the national pokedex everytime. (Other then X and Y due to my 3ds breaking) it has taken awhile, but it was not as hard as I thought. It was simply knowing people and talking to people online.
And tell me, which generation was your first?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
To me X/Y had one of the best post-game content! The Looker storyline! It was really great!

XY's post game wasn't very expansive, though. Aside from that, what else do you have to do? Friend Safari, Battle Maison, and three legendaries basically? XY's post game was pathetic even by beginning-of-geneation standards, DP and BW1 had much more to do in their post game.

Pilpulp

美的
Well its a matter of I like story line post game content, and I think the looker storyline was really great. But each person can like something different :p.
Alright. I do like that storyline (and I think it was better than Team Flare's main story plot-line *before you get too deep into it) and I hope they can keep doing things like that, and even expand on it, except, the need to focus on other things as well. I was never intrigued to do the Looker side quest, and took me a month after beating the game to start.

I don't care for Looker in general and while his storyline added content to X/Y's post-game, I want something better in OR/AS. That's why I kind of hope that the hidden area in the bottom right of the Hoenn map is a series of new islands that act as an expanded BF at best.

We can only hope. But full remakes!!!!!

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I said the evidence wasn't SUBSTANTIATED, not that it wasn't there to begin with.
Oh so you think the interview is fake? Or?

And tell me, which generation was your first?
Gen 1. I had Blue. Brother had Red.

Alright. I do like that storyline (and I think it was better than Team Flare's main story plot-line *before you get too deep into it) and I hope they can keep doing things like that, and even expand on it, except, the need to focus on other things as well. I was never intrigued to do the Looker side quest, and took me a month after beating the game to start.

I would love some non-looker post-game story line too! Looker can have a rest if they want.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Then surely you must know that "online features" didn't exist before 4th gen.

Yes I also said knowing people helps too. Like my brother and friends from school. Even back then it was easy.

Crazedyanma

Cyclipse
Yes I also said knowing people helps too. Like my brother and friends from school. Even back then it was easy.
Not everyone is fortunate enough to have friends and/or family who play pokemon, you know. I, for example, had no friends of my own and the only person who played aside from myself was my own brother (who wouldn't play fair with any type of game). He and I started with Pokemon Silver and Gold, respectively. (Although, I'll admit the game proved difficult for reasons other than the pokedex.)

WaterMasterDD

Water Trainer
Erm, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this thread for discussing the Hoenn region...?

I hope they make changes to the Elite Four's rooms and make them all fancy like the X and Y rooms.

I hope they make changes to the Elite Four's rooms and make them all fancy like the X and Y rooms.
Speaking of the Elite 4 (and yet again bringing up this topic haha), I wonder if they'll change the system like in recent games where we can choose the order to battle them, or if they are in a set order like in the originals. This hasn't really happened before because with HG/SS it followed the pattern of D/P/Pt which was, well, the same as the originals, but now, it's a bit different. I hope they go for the new system with separate rooms and whatever order you please, and indeed, make them look all fancy and stuff!

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Agreed. I want it to be exactly like X and Y's, or maybe more greater. But I wonder, will we have to go in the order that was in the Original Game?

I think due to its remake status we will have to go in order, but I would not mind keeping it like it has been. Though it makes it a bit easier I think.

I can't wait to see there updated rooms though! Thats going to be cool!

Aetius

More than the rooms of the E4 (which are sure to be completely overhauled), I'm looking forward to their teams.
They seriously need to give some diversity to their teams.

More than the rooms of the E4 (which are sure to be completely overhauled), I'm looking forward to their teams.
They seriously need to give some diversity to their teams.
I actually think their teams were rather diverse. Except for maybe Phoebe and Glacia, they could use a bit of a mix - the latter could at least have a Froslass instead of the other Glalie, for example.

Aetius

I actually think their teams were rather diverse. Except for maybe Phoebe and Glacia, they could use a bit of a mix - the latter could at least have a Froslass instead of the other Glalie, for example.
Excluding the champion and Sidney, all the other ones had almost the same Pokèmon in their team.
As for Glacia I agree with you, if she will have at least Froslass, Glalie, Walrein and some other Pokèmon, I'll be more than happy. :D

Firebrand

Indomitable
Agreed. I want it to be exactly like X and Y's, or maybe more greater. But I wonder, will we have to go in the order that was in the Original Game?

To be honest, I hope so. Forcing the player to make a linear progression allows the levels of the opponent to increase as you go. In XY and BW(2), the levels stayed the same as you went through, so even if you started off underleveled, by the fourth battle you're considerably stronger than your opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.