• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Diving in 3D will be beautiful, I hope... I don't know why, but the vast sea of Hoenn is my favourite place we've seen so far in the 6 generations of Pokémon...

One of the things I've been wondering about diving is if, because we're playing in 3 dimensions now, is if we'll be able to dive to different depths. Like, that long undersea trench between Mossdeep and Sootopolis, it'd be cool to go to two or three different levels of that, with different items being found in different elevations and the scenery changing.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm curious, what are you guys looking forward to seeing the most?

For me it's the sea routes and places like Lilycove City and Pacifidlog Town, although that's mostly because I loved the music that played there.

R_N

I'm curious, what are you guys looking forward to seeing the most? I am looking forward to seeing Meteor Falls the most. I've always thought it was very beautiful, even in gen 3, and can't wait to see what it looks like in 3D.

Verdanturf, though I'm guessing there's not a lot they can really do with it, even in 3d, since the grass textures have to be flat by design
300px-Verdanturf_Town_E.png

its just a very pleasant town, i love the different flower and grassy icons.

route 117 will also be good
800px-Hoenn_Route_117_E.png

seeing the little fences, different trees, the day care and the pokemon roaming around the puddles, its a nice mix of different objects.

Grey Wind

I'm curious, what are you guys looking forward to seeing the most? I am looking forward to seeing Meteor Falls the most. I've always thought it was very beautiful, even in gen 3, and can't wait to see what it looks like in 3D.
Underwater is something i've been looking forward too for ages. I also really want to see what Sootopolis looks like (I think it could have some cool camera angles and stuff) and Lilycove and Pacifidlog will be interesting to see too. Basically all of Hoenn.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Diving in 3D will be beautiful, I hope... I don't know why, but the vast sea of Hoenn is my favourite place we've seen so far in the 6 generations of Pokémon...

Ya, gotta agree here. I hope they make the underwater look awesome. Perhaps even have some pokemon swimming above you at points. Or even just some fish xD. I also hope they have us in like a swim suit or scuba suit or something. Us diving in our clothes was kind of weird lol.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Ya Diving in 3d is going to be great, and I am looking forward to the remade gyms too.

I am also look forward to seeing how contest work in 3d! Thats going to be fun.

-Nator-

I think a unique gimmick to use would be to have every gym leader's "lead" Pokemon have a Mega form... aside the first couple gym leaders (seeing as having fully evolved Pokemon that early on would be OP).

Wattson: MegaManectric
Flannery: MegaTorkoal
Norman: MegaSlaking?
Winona: MegaAltaria
Tate & Liza: Mega Solrock & Lunatone
Wallace/Juan: MegaMilotic

Probably not gonna happen, but it's something to keep in mind.
Also, maybe one specific version gets Wallace as the final gm leader, and the other Juan?
Example:
OmegaRuby - Wallace
AlphaSapphire: Juan

That would be a pretty neat approach, seeing as we won't be getting an Emerald remake. Yellow and Crystal didn't get one, so what are the odds?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ya Diving in 3d is going to be great, and I am looking forward to the remade gyms too.

After seeing Roxanne's new Gym design and what most people believe is Flannery's in the screen-shots, I'm kind of cynical about the others. I don't think the new puzzles will interest me as much as the old ones did.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
After seeing Roxanne's new Gym design and what most people believe is Flannery's in the screen-shots, I'm kind of cynical about the others. I don't think the new puzzles will interest me as much as the old ones did.

I don't think a lot of the Gyms need a puzzle change. Some of them are really cool.

Also, maybe one specific version gets Wallace as the final gm leader, and the other Juan?
Example:
OmegaRuby - Wallace

That would be a pretty neat approach, seeing as we won't be getting an Emerald remake. Yellow and Crystal didn't get one, so what are the odds?
No I would not want this at all. This is a RS remake, the gym leader should be Wallace. Just saying.

diakyu

The question then is that if you want Wallace to be a gym leader, where do you put Juan?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think a unique gimmick to use would be to have every gym leader's "lead" Pokemon have a Mega form... aside the first couple gym leaders (seeing as having fully evolved Pokemon that early on would be OP).

Wattson: MegaManectric
Flannery: MegaTorkoal
Norman: MegaSlaking?
Winona: MegaAltaria
Tate & Liza: Mega Solrock & Lunatone
Wallace/Juan: MegaMilotic

Probably not gonna happen, but it's something to keep in mind.
Example:
OmegaRuby - Wallace

I would love for the gym leaders to have mega since it would be more challenging, especially if they do do the Emerald gym leader rematches.

-Nator-

I don't think a lot of the Gyms need a puzzle change. Some of them are really cool.

No I would not want this at all. This is a RS remake, the gym leader should be Wallace. Just saying.

Well, I don't think it would hurt the games any. HG/SS had Crystal mechanics in it, so why can't OR/AS have some Emerald mechanics?

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
The question then is that if you want Wallace to be a gym leader, where do you put Juan?

No where. Or in a post game kinda of thing. Juan was not in RS, so he does not need to be in the RS remakes. If this was a Emerald remake I would say he needs to be in it and the gym leader, but its not.

Well, I don't think it would hurt the games any. HG/SS had Crystal mechanics in it, so why can't OR/AS have some Emerald mechanics?
Juan is not a mechanic, he is a character, a character that was not in RS. Sure put some Emerald mechanics in there. But Wallace should be the last gym leader in the RS remake. Make Juan post game, if anything. And I never said it would hurt the games. So I don't know where you got that from.

Last edited:

-Nator-

No where. Or in a post game kinda of thing. Juan was not in RS, so he does not need to be in the RS remakes. If this was a Emerald remake I would say he needs to be in it and the gym leader, but its not.

So? Suicune didn't play a special role in G/S, but played its Crystal role in HG/SS.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
So? Suicune didn't play a special role in G/S, but played its Crystal role in HG/SS.

Adding Suicune is different then changing the last gym leader. Go ahead and put him in there post game or even have him show up in the main story. But changing the last RS gym leader in a RS remake is way different.

-Nator-

Adding Suicune is different then changing the last gym leader. Go ahead and put him in there post game. But changing the last RS gym leader in a RS remake is way different.

What I was saying was;

Depending on what version you get, determines who the final gym leader will be.
For example (again):
If you buy OmegaRuby, Wallace will be the final gym leader.
If you buy AlphaSapphire, you get Juan instead.

It would add a bit more to Version differences.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Adding Suicune is different then changing the last gym leader. Go ahead and put him in there post game or even have him show up in the main story. But changing the last RS gym leader in a RS remake is way different.

Meh, not really, they pretty much have the same team anyways. They never really do much outside of battle except let you into the cave of origin which I'm sure they could both do.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
What I was saying was;

Depending on what version you get, determines who the final gym leader will be.
For example (again):
If you buy OmegaRuby, Wallace will be the final gym leader.
If you buy AlphaSapphire, you get Juan instead.

It would add a bit more to Version differences.
I understand what you are saying and I was saying its unneeded and that I don't want it like that haha. I was giving my opinion on your idea. It would still be changing the finale RS gym leader in a RS remake. Adding Juan someplace else be it post game or anywhere else is something I would like more then you idea. I was just giving my opinion.

-Nator-

I understand what you are saying and I was saying its unneeded and that I don't want it like that haha. I was giving my opinion on your idea. It would still be changing the finale RS gym leader in a RS remake. Adding Juan someplace else be it post game or anywhere else is something I would like more then you idea. I was just giving my opinion.

Sure, it would be "unneeded", but it would be a selling point to an extent. I actually wouldn't be surprised if GF incorporated my idea, but I don't care what they do either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.