• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I know that Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camperupt is already "confirmed". But I wanna also know, what will there designs be. Btw it's mega Camperupt and mega Sharpedo because on Maxie's glasses he has three circles. Archie's face has a star I don't know if you noticed but "confirmed!"

Yeah no. I don't really think that confirms anything. Though I do hope we have those. Anyways back to the topic at hand I wonder where the new path at Lilycove City goes? It looks like it might head up through the forest toward the black cloud/storm/thing.

Lightninger

Slakinger
We'll.. you have to face the fact that it is real and it's coming out. Mega Camperupt is gonna be so op. For you guys that watched the hoenn anime you would know that there is this battle house. One of the boy children from the battle house was going out to become the elite four but decided not too, I wonder who he was, and wonder if he will ever show up.

Akashin

We'll.. you have to face the fact that it is real and it's coming out. Mega Camperupt is gonna be so op. For you guys that watched the hoenn anime you would know that there is this battle house. One of the boy children from the battle house was going out to become the elite four but decided not too, I wonder who he was, and wonder if he will ever show up.

Oh, there's a decent chance they will be. However, some arbitrary parts of Maxie and Archie's designs don't in any way confirm this.

And the Winstrate family were in the games too. The eldest son is a Cool Trainer in Victory Road.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Unless evidence is shown ill still call Mlotic,flygon,pedo and rupt failhypes. I must admit i saw altaria coming but i couldnt be more wrong with the type and ability prediction(aerilate was my bet, given the myth he is originated from). And i admit that the moonblast conspiracy theorists where right at that.

So i kinda get that ill have to be a bit more flexible when judging.

Anyways speculah is fun but in most forums people cant drop the fangoogles and just want Xfavorite mon to become Uber without even knowing that uber is a banlist that then became a funtier on its own. Just because they think uber is amazing and means the pokemon is extremely powerful and has some prestige...

Welp back to hoenn region im just hoping that max repels become accesible at the moment we get surf...The less wingul/tentacool the better.

Ninfia-Fan

We'll.. you have to face the fact that it is real and it's coming out.

No matter how obvious it may be, there is still a chance that it's just a coincidence. Though, knowing Game Freak, we probably won't be told until just before the release. Don't get me wrong, the idea of M-Camerupt and M-Sharpedo sounds awesome, so I'm not trying to say it won't happen, but this is Game Freak we're talking about.

For you guys that watched the hoenn anime you would know that there is this battle house. One of the boy children from the battle house was going out to become the elite four but decided not too, I wonder who he was, and wonder if he will ever show up.

The games and the anime rarely cross over like that. There may be a few small characters from the games that appear in the anime, but they don't stick around long. I don't watch the anime, so I may be wrong.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Unless evidence is shown ill still call Mlotic,flygon,pedo and rupt failhypes. I must admit i saw altaria coming but i couldnt be more wrong with the type and ability prediction(aerilate was my bet, given the myth he is originated from). And i admit that the moonblast conspiracy theorists where right at that.

So i kinda get that ill have to be a bit more flexible when judging.

Anyways speculah is fun but in most forums people cant drop the fangoogles and just want Xfavorite mon to become Uber without even knowing that uber is a banlist that then became a funtier on its own. Just because they think uber is amazing and means the pokemon is extremely powerful and has some prestige...

Welp back to hoenn region im just hoping that max repels become accesible at the moment we get surf...The less wingul/tentacool the better.

Name of thread: Hoenn Region Discussion/Speculation Thread.
I'm not trying to change your opinion (or minimod) about what is/isn't "fail hype", but seriously, this thread is for speculation and discussing what could be in right? Chill with that hate, just let them have their ideas, since the whole point is to discuss what they/we/you'd/I'd like to see. Until the game comes out, none of us will know unless they released it beforehand or it gets leaked.

That being said, Items with stronger effects have always been available at marts after a certain amount of badges, so I'd assume they would keep the same formula, as well as keep that auto repel deal they had in XY when one runs out.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Name of thread: Hoenn Region Discussion/Speculation Thread.
I'm not trying to change your opinion (or minimod) about what is/isn't "fail hype", but seriously, this thread is for speculation and discussing what could be in right? Chill with that hate, just let them have their ideas, since the whole point is to discuss what they/we/you'd/I'd like to see. Until the game comes out, none of us will know unless they released it beforehand or it gets leaked.

That being said, Items with stronger effects have always been available at marts after a certain amount of badges, so I'd assume they would keep the same formula, as well as keep that auto repel deal they had in XY when one runs out.

I just hope this stays that way. And im not minimodding just voicing my deepest horrors, trust me most if the ines here make sense...I have seen some horrible theorymoning in other places.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
[/COLOR]
I just hope this stays that way. And im not minimodding just voicing my deepest horrors, trust me most if the ines here make sense...I have seen some horrible theorymoning in other places.

No I was saying that for me. And theory is just theory. If it becomes a reality, worse case scenario, it gets banned. Not too big a deal really.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Welp it looks cool if you ask me i loved XY cathedral and B2W2 Pyramid. This time consuming bridges between the rooms now actually build up tension rather than take ut away.

I can pucture GF making some notes of the bgm increase as you aproach the funal room.

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
Since I haven't seen anyone mention it/read about it anywhere, did anyone notice that in the diving scene, the player was riding on a Wailmer? I do remember that the default for diving was a Wailmer in the originals as well, but with the updated games as well as the fact that this Wailmer was very clearly one, unlike in RSE where it looked more like a whale-shaped float, perhaps we'll be able to see ourselves ride on whatever Pokémon we dive on instead of just a default? It may be a long shot, but it's got me hoping.

lavanda

Really feeling it
Since I haven't seen anyone mention it/read about it anywhere, did anyone notice that in the diving scene, the player was riding on a Wailmer? I do remember that the default for diving was a Wailmer in the originals as well, but with the updated games as well as the fact that this Wailmer was very clearly one, unlike in RSE where it looked more like a whale-shaped float, perhaps we'll be able to see ourselves ride on whatever Pokémon we dive on instead of just a default? It may be a long shot, but it's got me hoping.
The consensus is that the player will appear riding a Wailmer only if Wailmer is the Diver, and the generic mount otherwise, just like they did with Surfing with Lapras in XY. But for all we know, they might make the Wailmer always appear, for nostalgia's sake.

keybug55

Pop sensation
The consensus is that the player will appear riding a Wailmer only if Wailmer is the Diver, and the generic mount otherwise, just like they did with Surfing with Lapras in XY. But for all we know, they might make the Wailmer always appear, for nostalgia's sake.

When I was riding Kyogre I always thought it was a part of her (yes I call it a her) poking up from the depths. Ahh, imagination.

Prince Manaphy

I like Empoleon too.
From http://hyrule-in-a-pokeball.tumblr.com/

"Calling it now!

Dive will not return as an HM in ORAS.
the under water routes will be similar to the rough terrain and snow routes in X/Y, where you had to ride a Rhyhorn and Mamoswine to traverse the respective routes.

Under water routes will be Pokemon riding routes"

I'm honestly afraid of how people will react to that if Game Freak chose that path like they did to the Rhyhorn and Mamoswine! o.o

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue

"Calling it now!

the under water routes will be similar to the rough terrain and snow routes in X/Y, where you had to ride a Rhyhorn and Mamoswine to traverse the respective routes.

I'm honestly afraid of how people will react to that if Game Freak chose that path like they did to the Rhyhorn and Mamoswine! o.o

If the feature is there I couldn't care less...

lavanda

Really feeling it

"Calling it now!

It would be really strange to implement something like that, as they would need to put a Wailmer on every Dive spot. And changing from your Surfer to Wailmer would be awkward, too, especially if you're already on a Wailmer.

diakyu

Why? It would barely make a difference. It would be an improvement tbh.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Didn't think of that. I actually think that's what's going to happen now. It's not really going to mean anything different really though. I mean, you'll still encounter Pokémon. If anything it'll be better because of the scenery you get to see.

I wonder if there will be any others like that too (Not just for diving I mean all over the region)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.