• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grei

not the color
If trainer customization would return, I think they'd have shown us by now. It probably won't be there, because they're remakes. Stuff that was there (Secret Bases, contests etc.) are still there, stuff that wasn't there will still not be there (Even tho I really hope Battle Frontier and move tutors, but that's just little parts of Emerald).
The BF was a little more than a "little part" of Emerald.

But I agree. I don't think Trainer Customization is a thing in ORAS.

Cerex

Perhaps we may be able to customize on the go... and get clothes from Poke Marts? Or there is going to be a specific place in Hoenn which only sells clothes?
Like the department store in Lilycove City? Kalos didn't have a department store, but Hoenn did. And if it really just a remake we can assume that it is there, and selling clothes would a great feature to put in a department store.

I'm also not to worried about not having seen trainer customization yet. It's not a novel feature anymore, so there's no reason for GF to put that much time into, when instead they could be showing off the genuinely new or updated features of Hoenn.

If GF does not include the Battle Frontier, because it was technically in Emerald, it would be a tremendously wasted opportunity. Unless of course Emerald will get a Remake also. Though the pattern doesn't suggest it would, since all of the unique features of Crystal were included in HG/SS. So I'm optimistic that there is an updated frontier behind the clouds.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Anyone expecting new gimmicks like the lesf crown introduction in HG/SS this is something most folk forget since there arent walking mons anymore but they could sprinkle exploration with a feature like this.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Personally, I really don't see the need for trainer hill if they've made the battle frontier, I don't think it would be worth saving or changing just because emerald had it. You're the one who thinks contests constantly returning as a feature in games is boring, but you don't think trainer hill returning is boring if we have a battle frontier that does the same thing but better? Or do you just mean that old features should always return, as long as they aren't the only things in the games and they add something new? Or do you mean that trainer hill was a good opportunity to do something new with these games that they didn't take?

I'm okay with features returning between games and generations, like contests and secret bases and battle frontier. I WANT thrm to return. I don't think that's redundant. But I don't need two of the same feature in the same game. That's redundant to me. I never played BW2 so I can make no comment.

I think it's a waste of potential to remove something unless they have very good reason for it. And facilities such as Trainer Hill have existed side by side with other battle facilities before, so why remove it? If they suddenly decide that it's not unique enough, they could always add something to it to make it better.

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
Anyone expecting new gimmicks like the lesf crown introduction in HG/SS this is something most folk forget since there arent walking mons anymore but they could sprinkle exploration with a feature like this.

Yeah I think we'll see some cool stuff like that. Maybe to do with contests or with secret bases, like a gold flag or something for your base for discovering 20 locations to make a secret base in.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Yeah I think we'll see some cool stuff like that. Maybe to do with contests or with secret bases, like a gold flag or something for your base for discovering 20 locations to make a secret base in.

I lovevthis little side quests they make the game a bit more original.

I'm sure customization wont be included because they want you to play as May & Brendan like in the original RSE. I'm sure it will be included in a future games (hopefully with a better variety of clothing styles, accessories, and skin tones)

I really hope they do something cool with the game corner. I loved roulette :D

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I'm sure customization wont be included because they want you to play as May & Brendan like in the original RSE. I'm sure it will be included in a future games (hopefully with a better variety of clothing styles, accessories, and skin tones)

I really hope they do something cool with the game corner. I loved roulette :D

They banned them on EU so well we will be localized hard.

DallySkye

Traveler
If Trainer customization would truly return, it'd be pretty interesting for the Pokemarts and the Department store to carry fresh clothes for us. That's one thing I'd think the reason why Pokemarts would return instead of it being merged with the Pokecentre.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I would to see something of relevance to our adventure to happen in small place where nothing happened in the originals like the art gallery or scortched slab (which i already talked about. What was the purpose to the art gallery? Was it for contests? i remember there was nothing to do there.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
What was the purpose to the art gallery? Was it for contests? i remember there was nothing to do there.

According to Bulbapedia:

The curator will introduce the second floor to the player as the "special exhibit hall", and give out their future plans for the design. The second floor, as the curator explains, was made for modern and vibrant artworks that feature Pokémon springing forth into glorious life, a great change from the first floor which displays classical paintings. There seems to be nothing at first; however, the paintings that the artist does of the player's Pokémon will hang here, and if all five (one for each Contest category) are done, the curator of the museum will give the player a Glass Ornament for his or her Secret Base.

In Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, the player must win Pokémon Contests in order, starting with Normal Rank in Verdanturf Town, then the Super Rank in Fallarbor Town, then the Hyper Rank in Slateport City, and then finally the Master Rank in Lilycove City. In Pokémon Emerald, all contests are held in Lilycove City. The player must enter one of their Pokémon, one of the five Contest categories, and win all of the Contests in that category and receive the corresponding Ribbon. If the player scores high enough while at the same time winning a Master Rank Pokémon Contest, an artist will come and talk to him or her, saying that he has painted the Pokémon that won. After winning the Master Rank, the painter located in the Contest Hall will then paint the player's Pokémon, and put it on display in the museum. As more paintings are put up, more people come into the museum, eventually prompting the curator to give the aforementioned item.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
What about the devon scope? do you see it returning? Would you want it to return? I find it just a gimmick since kecleons are around in the wild (i wish they were specific to the devon scope) and i see it being replaced by some more details by steven on the investigation about the mystery of mega evolution. It would be cool if kecleon was a little harder to find but since it's a little irrelevant (maybe only for the fortree gym blockade but why is it there in the 1st palce?) i see it being replaced by a plot relevant moment.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
The Move-Tutors better return. I have been waiting to teach one of my competitive Deoxys' a RSE Move Tutor move for years now, so if they don't return I will be thoroughly annoyed. Also, I hope the Lilycove Department Store has some more exciting things to offer, as, although it was very large, it was fairly bland regarding the selection of goods available!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Do you guys think that the dive mechanic will be in future titles after ORAS ?

I'd like to see it show up in future games, but I think they want it to be more of a Hoenn exclusive feature (Unova technically has it, but it's pretty limited).

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
What about the devon scope? do you see it returning? Would you want it to return? I find it just a gimmick since kecleons are around in the wild (i wish they were specific to the devon scope) and i see it being replaced by some more details by steven on the investigation about the mystery of mega evolution. It would be cool if kecleon was a little harder to find but since it's a little irrelevant (maybe only for the fortree gym blockade but why is it there in the 1st palce?) i see it being replaced by a plot relevant moment.
I agree on this one id love that it was used on another place. Lets hopefor a postgame use for it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

It needs to remain tbh. I won't have time or patience to trek around Hoenn just to find Kecleon in tall grass. Those things need to be interactable as well like in R/S/E imho.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
The Move-Tutors better return. I have been waiting to teach one of my competitive Deoxys' a RSE Move Tutor move for years now, so if they don't return I will be thoroughly annoyed. Also, I hope the Lilycove Department Store has some more exciting things to offer, as, although it was very large, it was fairly bland regarding the selection of goods available!

Yeah, that was one dissapointing dep. store. Much like unova's mall, lilicove's dep. store was kinda lame.

I agree on this one id love that it was used on another place. Lets hopefor a postgame use for it.

latias's hide reflects light so...in some way use it to reveal her? I see no use for it, there's little pokemon that can turn invisible. Maybe some post-game kecleon obstacles.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yeah, that was one dissapointing dep. store. Much like unova's mall, lilicove's dep. store was kinda lame.

I liked that they had clearout sales post game, that was actually interesting and you could get some neat Secret Base decorations there. Too bad that they didn't happen that often though.

Last edited:
I liked that they had clearout sales post game, that was actually interesting and you could get some neat Secret Base decorations there. Too bad that they didn't happen that often though.

I kind of hope all of the little post game events come back. Unless I can make pokeblocks over wifi, I'm going to want the berry master to come back so I can at least make some decent ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.