• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also not to worried about not having seen trainer customization yet. It's not a novel feature anymore, so there's no reason for GF to put that much time into, when instead they could be showing off the genuinely new or updated features of Hoenn.

Probably the best answer I've seen as far as supporting the possibility. I just honestly can't believe GF would remove it after such a big support of the ability to customize. Although, it makes sense that they're not focusing on it so much this time, if it's in; it was a selling point for Kalos (being French-themed). This time, the selling point is the Hoenn revisitation. All the nostalgia, not the new features we're used to. Also, in HG/SS, they removed Kris and added in Lyra, for one small example. GF changes things up, keeps features, and adds features for each remake. They're also starting to fall-behind in popularity and sales (ORAS pre-orders fell short of X/Y sales, for instance). So, taking out things people enjoyed, such as the customization many have asked for for so long, doesn't make fiscal sense to me.

Then again, GF enjoys messing with things and making people moan and complain. So, it's probably out, based off just that principle alone. lmao

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I'm excited for all the new little nooks and crannies they create to some more boring parts or to expand some lackluster areas (verdanturf tunnel, the place where you get focus punch and get some kelpsy berries south of meteor falls, the mossdeep cave (which has a lot of potential), meteor falls itself). I know it will happen and i'm gonna love exploring them. HGSS did a great job with the originals and i know they will not let us down.

@engroendyk: kris was the coolest female protagonist yet and lyra is one of the very few things i didn't like about the remakes. Nontheless it's true, GF always hold some surprises and i am really excited for what they will bring into the post-game. Also i love the fact that they are forshadowing themselves and straight up announcing gen 7 or gen 6 version 2.

In the battle frontier they could switch things around and bring new facilities, taking into account double/triple/rotation/sky/INVERSE battles. Especially inverse. the factory was awesome and the tower is the staple facility. Palace and arena was dumb. Pike was harmless. I would like arena and palace to be replaced with some facility specialized in inverse battles and the pike could get a revamp by adding the possibility of the battles being double/triple/rotation. I also would like the brains to return (except tucker) but if some facilities are removed then they would have to be the brains of the other facilities.

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
If there is something im dying for is hearing the thenes of pyramid and factory, assuming we do get a BFrontier.

Zoldakin

If there is something im dying for is hearing the thenes of pyramid and factory, assuming we do get a BFrontier.

The pyramid was one of my favorite facilities of all the frontiers. I wasted so countless hours on the pyramid. I really hope it comes back as well as the Battle Frontier in general.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
It needs to remain tbh. I won't have time or patience to trek around Hoenn just to find Kecleon in tall grass. Those things need to be interactable as well like in R/S/E imho.

well technically you could find Kecleon as the interactive event and in the wild grass, they were just extremely rare in the grass.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
well technically you could find Kecleon as the interactive event and in the wild grass, they were just extremely rare in the grass.

I'm aware that they appeared in tall grass and were rare, hence why I said that I don't have the patience to find them via that method in OR/AS. Speaking of which, they need to make all of Route 123 accessible from the west; I hated having to Surf past Mt. Pyre just to explore the majority of that area in R/S/E.

shadowF

I want the battle frontier to come back especially since i would like to see the battle frontier in 3d, i feel the battle pyramid, battle pike and battle dome would be really beautiful looking in 3d!

Prince Manaphy

I like Empoleon too.
The pyramid was one of my favorite facilities of all the frontiers. I wasted so countless hours on the pyramid. I really hope it comes back as well as the Battle Frontier in general.

My favorite was the Battle Arena (I think that's what it's called. It's that Tucker guy who runs it that I meant.) The tiers are IMO the most awesomest thing. The least favorite was the Battle Palace. It's like you leave it up to RNG chance and you're but a spectator. :/ If they DO have the Battle Frontier, they might release it at the last minute, never tell us at all, or never existed in ORAS.

Zoldakin

My favorite was the Battle Arena (I think that's what it's called. It's that Tucker guy who runs it that I meant.) The tiers are IMO the most awesomest thing. The least favorite was the Battle Palace. It's like you leave it up to RNG chance and you're but a spectator. :/ If they DO have the Battle Frontier, they might release it at the last minute, never tell us at all, or never existed in ORAS.

They usually leave post game till after release, but who knows

Yurimin

Snowflake Trainer

You're thinking of the Battle Dome :) and yep its also my favorite facility too.

The only facility I don't really want returning is the Battle Palace (I mean who likes that place?), and maybe... the Battle Pyramid. While I obviously don't hate it as much as the Palace, I never really liked that place. Being constrained to nearly pure darkness was pretty frustrating - and I just stopped after getting my Silver Symbol.

Y'know, looking back, I didn't do the Battle Frontier that much. I only got silver symbols in a couple of the facilities and never got gold. I'm assuming it's because my team was so weak that I just got frusturated. That's kind of interesting though since I logged almost 400 hours on my Emerald cartridge.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm aware that they appeared in tall grass and were rare, hence why I said that I don't have the patience to find them via that method in OR/AS. Speaking of which, they need to make all of Route 123 accessible from the west; I hated having to Surf past Mt. Pyre just to explore the majority of that area in R/S/E.

It's not like there's anything of interest on the main part of Rt. 123 anyway. It's just trainers and Pokemon that you could already catch on other routes.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
You're thinking of the Battle Dome :) and yep its also my favorite facility too.

The only facility I don't really want returning is the Battle Palace (I mean who likes that place?), and maybe... the Battle Pyramid. While I obviously don't hate it as much as the Palace, I never really liked that place. Being constrained to nearly pure darkness was pretty frustrating - and I just stopped after getting my Silver Symbol.

Pyramid I liked in that you could use Pokemon you normally wouldn't to make the challenge easier, if the status you would encounter in your run would be Paralysis then you could pack Ground Types (to counter the many Thunder Waves and Electric attacks), and Pokemon with Limber (and now Electric types too)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Pyramid I liked in that you could use Pokemon you normally wouldn't to make the challenge easier, if the status you would encounter in your run would be Paralysis then you could pack Ground Types (to counter the many Thunder Waves and Electric attacks), and Pokemon with Limber (and now Electric types too)

That's part of the strategy, isn't it? That's one thing that kind of turned me off to the Battle Frontier in Hoenn, it felt like for several battle facilities (especially Battle Pike, Battle Pyramid, and Battle Palace) it felt like you had to raise a team from scratch to do really well in it, and I didn't think I had the time to do that.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Yep palace was horrible. We need something to replace that. Arcade was funnier for the random factor.

And lets be honest if you take away the move chose on pokemon...What is left to do.

.Aerodactyl.

That's part of the strategy, isn't it? That's one thing that kind of turned me off to the Battle Frontier in Hoenn, it felt like for several battle facilities (especially Battle Pike, Battle Pyramid, and Battle Palace) it felt like you had to raise a team from scratch to do really well in it, and I didn't think I had the time to do that.

I never played the emerald frontier cause I didn't have the game, but from my sinnoh frontier experiences, it was the challenge that I enjoyed! I felt like you could use your in game team and enjoy the frontier, but to beat the frontier brains you had to be smarter, use different Pokemon, etc. The main campaign is so easy, the frontier is the challenge I crave and what I play the game for. It wouldn't be as fun if it was easy in my opinion. I'm excited by the idea of training up Pokemon specifically for the frontier, I think its great.

That being said, I don't think I'd enjoy the palace. I think there is always gonna be an element of luck in any Pokemon battle and I'm more than okay with that, but the palace just sounds boring. I want some ability to decide, and not just watch everything role based on random natures. I think it could be fun if it wasn't a whole facility but rather a sort of side thing, like how inversion battles were done in X/Y. A one person sort of house thing with limited interaction.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I never played the emerald frontier cause I didn't have the game, but from my sinnoh frontier experiences, it was the challenge that I enjoyed! I felt like you could use your in game team and enjoy the frontier, but to beat the frontier brains you had to be smarter, use different Pokemon, etc. The main campaign is so easy, the frontier is the challenge I crave and what I play the game for. It wouldn't be as fun if it was easy in my opinion. I'm excited by the idea of training up Pokemon specifically for the frontier, I think its great.

But not a lot of people enjoy the meta game enough to train up new Pokemon from scratch, that would be tedious and not very rewarding.

.Aerodactyl.

But not a lot of people enjoy the meta game enough to train up new Pokemon from scratch, that would be tedious and not very rewarding.

Well, that's the way I like to play and I would personally be dissapointed if the battle frontier became so easy you could beat it with whatever your main team was without any changes whatsoever. I understand others play differently, but those are just my desires.

Besides, with the new experience share in X/Y, and if we are able to earn EXP Points from secret bases, I think training up new Pokemon and teams will be a lot easier in ORAS, not to mention the new breeding mechanics introduced. I don't think the battle frontier should require IV breeding to beat, but with horde battles, EV training is easier than ever before. Not to mention, is super training comes back in ORAS, we'll be able to see EV's again.

A lot of people complained about how easy X/Y was to play in the main campaign, and it didn't get any harder in the post game. The battle frontier is the perfect place to give us a challenge. It think its almost designed to make you use multiple Pokemon. Personally, I don't think its possible to keep it challenging whilst still making it easy enough to use only the six main pokemon you used as an in game team. I think using your in game team will be fine at first, and could probably get you to silver mode and get you some base BP to spend on useful items and TM's, but Gold I suspect will require more strategy.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It's not like there's anything of interest on the main part of Rt. 123 anyway. It's just trainers and Pokemon that you could already catch on other routes.

I'd just like to be able to visit each land route in Hoenn without that sort of restriction. It was always a pet peeve of mine in R/S/E is all. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.