• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Are the contest halls all over again, or just lilycove?

And I'm so excited! hoenn was my favorite until it got tied with kalos, played it dozens of times and new the old game like the back of my hand, to play it in such great graphics just makes me smile.

It's scattered. Same locations as RS.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
^Yay, thanks. Liked it better like that-nice break from battling every now and then while traveling.

do we know if secret base stores are more places?

Pilpulp

美的
Well, that sucks...
This leads me to believe that the Battle Facility being teased by the Strange Souvenir guy in XY, might actually be the Hoenn Battle Frontier.

So, in my fear, we might have to wait until Z/X2Y2 to play it. Or worse... Gen 7.

Why would they put the Battle Maison in Hoenn and the Battle Frontier in Kalos though? :<

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Why would they put the Battle Maison in Hoenn and the Battle Frontier in Kalos though? :<

Because we all know Kalos lacks a huge post-game.
But I dunno. I made a post on this on the Characters thread.

Here's the rumors/claims after the Delta Episode
- NPCs start telling you that a Battle Frontier is still being built.
- Wallace replaces Steven as the new champion. However you can't challenge him.
- The E4 cannot be battled with their rematch teams (with Megas) as well, if I'm not mistaken.
- Steven goes missing. He's not even in Meteor Falls.
- Some other NPC tells you that new Pokémon are reacting to Mega Stones.
- Juan and Palmer are mentioned.

Assuming this is true, what IF the Frontier is time-based, like how events in the demo are time based as well...?

Pilpulp

美的

- Wallace replaces Steven as the new champion. However you can't challenge him. The E4 cannot be rematched as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Assuming this is true, what IF the Frontier is time-based, like how events in the demo are time based as well...?

Heh. I posted this in the Expectations and Desires thread and got attacked for it being obviously fake.

I saw this on r/Pokemon:
http://imgur.com/k7RwsVA
This all happens when Delta Episode is completed:
NPCs start telling you that a Battle Frontier is being built in Hoenn.
Steven leaves his position as Champion. Wallace is the new champion. (However you can't challenge him)
Some other NPC tells you that new Pokémon are reacting to Mega Stones.
Also Juan and Palmer are mentioned.
Basically, the game has an open ending. Could this mean a sequel or DLC?

_______

I normally hate DLC. But yes. Please yes.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Heh. I posted this in the Expectations and Desires thread and got attacked for it being obviously fake.

I already put this on the Fake and Rumors thread and labeled it as fake.

We know E4 has rematch teams with Megas.
We know Steven has a post-game team or Lv. 77 Pokes, and still goes by the title of 'Champion'.
We know Wallace has a post-game team too, but only goes by the title of 'Sootopolitan', and not 'Pokemon Champion'.

While it is questionable and is contradictory to some facts, there might be some truth in it that we just don't know yet.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

- Wallace replaces Steven as the new champion. However you can't challenge him.
- The E4 cannot be battled with their rematch teams (with Megas) as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Interesting theory Wulava. If that is true then my hats off to gamefreak for coming up with something new. I know they have done time based events in the past but those have been small. Doing whole parts of the game on a time based system will be totally new and surprising in my opinion

diakyu

It's good to see all these scenes involving Brendan/May added. They seem to be like you're tour guide around Hoenn now lol.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I always expected the Contest buildings to be spread out like they were in R/S. I'm mostly pleased by how the Hoenn region looks at night from what I've seen in various screen-shots though.

diakyu

What I really love most about this is how dynamic the camera is.
But why is there a mini Lumiose tower on the heart of Mauville? Nice reference though.
Perhaps Lumiose is the city that inspired Wattson the most.

lavanda

Really feeling it
So, apparently trainers in the Victory Road have Pokémon outside of the Hoenn Dex. Even things completely unrelated such as Sigilyph and Darmanitan.
Has anyone discussed this yet? What could be the reason for this?
Maybe you get the National Dex and ability to find non-Hoenn Pokémon after the 8th gym? Strange, but this would give you the chance to choose between a wider variety of Pokémon to challenge the Elite Four (which have foreign species, albeit cross-evolutions), most importantly things like Pidgey and Buneary.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Perhaps Lumiose is the city that inspired Wattson the most.

Most likely. It was said he traveled the world to get design inspiration, and he obviously chose Lumiose. It even has the same style cafes.

So, apparently trainers in the Victory Road have Pokémon outside of the Hoenn Dex. Even things completely unrelated such as Sigilyph and Darmanitan.
Has anyone discussed this yet? What could be the reason for this?
Maybe you get the National Dex and ability to find non-Hoenn Pokémon after the 8th gym? Strange, but this would give you the chance to choose between a wider variety of Pokémon to challenge the Elite Four (which have foreign species, albeit cross-evolutions), most importantly things like Pidgey and Buneary.

I believe it was said somewhere that National Dex was obtained somewhere early in the game.
There's currently no word about how to obtain the "supposed post-game Pokemon" yet. Maybe if we level the Sneaking/Habitat list high enough?

lavanda

Really feeling it
I believe it was said somewhere that National Dex was obtained somewhere early in the game.
There's currently no word about how to obtain the "supposed post-game Pokemon" yet. Maybe if we level the Sneaking/Habitat list high enough?
Ah. So we might be able to obtain these earlier in the game. I still wonder why change the NPC's rosters so drastically in the Victory Road specifically, though.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The Trick House being in OR/AS makes me happy; I especially like its redone BGM. Doing the puzzles there was always fun, so I'm excited about that place being back.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Ah. So we might be able to obtain these earlier in the game. I still wonder why change the NPC's rosters so drastically in the Victory Road specifically, though.

Maybe its something along the lines of they are all powerful trainers who come from all over the world to try and challenge the Hoenn Elite 4 so they have pokemon from other regions as well. Or maybe late game all has variety of Pokemon on their rosters and we just didn't know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.