• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
This is an odd idea, but what if there was an item that activated the Battle Frontier?

arapokeyugioh

Master Mentalist
I'm honestly just hoping we have some new areas to explore besides Southern Island and the Battle Resort. So far all the remake games have had them. FRLG had the Sevii Islands, and HGSS had the return of Kanto like in the original which was'nt new ( but still provided a lengthy post-game), and several new areas aswell. I'm still banking on some new islands you can soar to, and the use of passing time like the demos. The homage to the BF with the little model and the mention of it being build could just be flavor text, but why Looker is in the game, and why he gives you the option of telling him he is in the Battle Frontier makes no sense.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This is an odd idea, but what if there was an item that activated the Battle Frontier?

Like an event ticket similar to the Eon Ticket or something that would take us to the BF island?

arapokeyugioh

Master Mentalist
For people mentioning Delta Emerald, we have never gotten a 3rd version of remakes. If this was the case, we would have had a remake of Yellow, and a remake Crystal.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
For people mentioning Delta Emerald, we have never gotten a 3rd version of remakes. If this was the case, we would have had a remake of Yellow, and a remake Crystal.

GF is trying to make themselves unpredictable nowadays. Don't trust what they did the first four gens. I can see it coming and still surprise the heck out of us, because it would be impossible, yet it still happened. Who expected sequels of B/W in the first place?

BurningWhiteKyurem

GF is trying to make themselves unpredictable nowadays. Don't trust what they did the first four gens. I can see it coming and still surprise the heck out of us, because it would be impossible, yet it still happened. Who expected sequels of B/W in the first place?

Except, what would the point even be...? Not only is it a colossal waste of resources, it's also redundant unless Delta Emerald was going to be entirely new content.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Actually, I was thinking of this being a more likely reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4

TWN

5326 7398 1244

It happened a grand total of twice, so it must be a pattern. Just like how the first four generations had third versions, and then the fifth had...oh wait.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Its within the realm of possibility, I think. IDK why else they'd hold stuff back like that.

I wouldn't mind if they broke the mold a little with that, so long as its not just ORAS with a few Emerald attachments.

Last edited:

BurningWhiteKyurem

Its within the realm of possibility, I think. IDK why else they'd hold stuff back like that.

I wouldn't mind if they broke the mold a little with that, so long as its not just ORAS with a few Emerald attachments.

If that was the case, then WaterBlue, and Grey would've already happened. Sometimes these things are just irrelevant trademarks.

DallySkye

Traveler
So my hunch was right, the Battle Maison was copy-pasted over to ORAS. Nothing else. Although very disappointing, I'm still going to buy it for the other content. :eek:

The display with a mini Battle Tower model says that it's going to be developed into a Frontier soon.
http://imgur.com/a/oLueh#lKVrM0m

Translation:
"Battle Frontier Facility No. 1: Battle Tower construction model."
"It's planning to be upgraded into a special facility called Battle Frontier!"

As strange as this sounds, I think the thing about this whole majorly missed opportunity that sticks out most like a sore thumb is how Scott was always wearing clothes that made him look like he was on vacation and it fits so perfectly with the name "Battle Resort." Since they've expressly referenced the Battle Frontier, that is reduced to a meaningless coincidence. Sad.

It happened a grand total of twice, so it must be a pattern. Just like how the first four generations had third versions, and then the fifth had...oh wait.
As much as the idea of having a Battle Frontier appeals to me, I'd have to say that the same argument about patterns suggests they don't think the Frontier is all that important. It is even more doubtful that they consider it important enough to take the unprecedented step if making a third-version remake of a pair of games they've just remade. As sad as it is, I suspect they think Triple and Rotation Battles fill some of that niche, and that they want to encourage people to challenge other human players. The Battle Frontier might be dead.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
If that was the case, then WaterBlue, and Grey would've already happened. Sometimes these things are just irrelevant trademarks.

As much as I hate to say this but I agree, they are not bringing a Emerald remake. And it was stated on official site the Delta Emerald is trademarked. There is talk on youtube that there be only two more games after these pair. Anyway I suppose we can only soft-reset on Hoenn soil and not in the sky? Probably messes the game up if you try soft-reseting in the sky.

shadowF

what I don't understand if they wanted to be faithful to ruby and sapphire why not at the very least give us the battle tower and not the battle maison? anyway I can see the next paired versions perhaps being pokemon z and pokemon delta emerald with both tying kalos and hoenn together!

Mr.Y

O)_(O
what I don't understand if they wanted to be faithful to ruby and sapphire why not at the very least give us the battle tower and not the battle maison? anyway I can see the next paired versions perhaps being pokemon z and pokemon delta emerald with both tying kalos and hoenn together!

Just copy pasting the maison is way easier for them as they already have all the data from XY. About "Delta Z"(having Hoenn and the BF on Z/X2Y2), it's more likely than an Emerald remake at least.

ebevan91

Just copy pasting the maison is way easier for them as they already have all the data from XY. About "Delta Z"(having Hoenn and the BF on Z/X2Y2), it's more likely than an Emerald remake at least.

But they're already re-making all of Hoenn. Re-making the Battle Tower shouldn't be much more work.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
what I don't understand if they wanted to be faithful to ruby and sapphire why not at the very least give us the battle tower and not the battle maison?

The Battle Tower would've made way more sense in my view, although at least the Battle Maison has actual boss trainers in the form of the Battle Chatelaines.

Cerex

So I read this in another thread and it's given me some hope: we know thanks to the datamining and that image of Blaziken with Ice Punch that move tutors make a return; however, so far no one who has the game early has found them in what is available--please correct me if I am out of the loop here--and they were located in Battle Frontier in Emerald. Which suggest that there is more content somewhere, right!?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
So I read this in another thread and it's given me some hope: we know thanks to the datamining and that image of Blaziken with Ice Punch that move tutors make a return; however, so far no one who has the game early has found them in what is available--please correct me if I am out of the loop here--and they were located in Battle Frontier in Emerald. Which suggest that there is more content somewhere, right!?

Move tutors would probably be some where, maybe battle resort but there will be no battle frontier.

Status
Not open for further replies.