• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm still a little bothered about the Abandoned Ship's name change in these games, but hopefully it'll still be fun exploring that area; do we have any images of its interior btw?

Because it's no longer a ship. It's a half-sunk oil rig(?) of sorts.

BurningWhiteKyurem

ORAS will have perks being set in Hoenn poor X/Y though

Agreed. Though I'd argue that you'd find the same charm with RSE's Hoenn. But yes, Kalos in relation to the other region feels too sterile and devoid of any personality (also doesn't help that the overworld design looks linear). Maybe this is just me, but I can at least remember all the routes and cities of Johto, Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova, and each of the region had its own charm to deliver, but nothing was memorable nor charming for me in Kalos.

Kyokkai

Agreed. Though I'd argue that you'd find the same charm with RSE's Hoenn. But yes, Kalos in relation to the other region feels too sterile and devoid of any personality (also doesn't help that the overworld design looks linear). Maybe this is just me, but I can at least remember all the routes and cities of Johto, Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova, and each of the region had its own charm to deliver, but nothing was memorable nor charming for me in Kalos.

Agreed. Kalos is just lifeless. Even the towns are really dull.

Maybe they should have based it on Italy instead of France ;P

Oooo they should do that! I wanna see a game world based on Italy.

ORAS will have perks being set in Hoenn poor X/Y though
I really enjoy Hoenn for keeping the tropical feel through the whole game. Nearly all the routes, areas and cities give off this warm and natural feel.
That said I think that Kalos had potential with the European Hhistory theme and all the castles, but it was kind of lost half way through and become more of a patchwork of different biomes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Because it's no longer a ship. It's a half-sunk oil rig(?) of sorts.

Geez, why did GF make such a drastic change to that area? Mauville City's redesign plus "Sea Mauville" are making me slightly cynical about Hoenn in these games.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I really enjoy Hoenn for keeping the tropical feel through the whole game. Nearly all the routes, areas and cities give off this warm and natural feel.
That said I think that Kalos had potential with the European Hhistory theme and all the castles, but it was kind of lost half way through and become more of a patchwork of different biomes.

Not to mention it didn't help that the potential for a really cool plot was derailed by "OMG MEGA STONES!!!1!!!" by the "rivals" at every interval.

I mean, contrary to what people are saying here, I liked Kalos. I felt it was a little underutilized, yes, but the biodiversity and expansive areas were really cool. Sure it had weak points, but don't try and tell me other regions didn't. I find the environment around Rustboro and most stuff south of Mauville to be pretty dull and generic.

Navarch

To all people complaining about the lack of a Battle Frontier, if we do (or don't) get it as DLC, you have Contests and Super-Secret-Bases to occupy yourself. They've got tons of new features, so that's something to look forward to!

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
To all people complaining about the lack of a Battle Frontier, if we do (or don't) get it as DLC, you have Contests and Super-Secret-Bases to occupy yourself. They've got tons of new features, so that's something to look forward to!

Not to mention the Frontier Brain battle theme will most likely be used in the Battle Maison as well until the possibility of getting Frontier DLC later on.

Firebrand

Indomitable

For a lot of people, it's not that they omitted the Battle Frontier (though that is a disappointment), it's the fact that they liberally sprinkled the game with little nods to the fact that we don't have it.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Not to mention the Frontier Brain battle theme will most likely be used in the Battle Maison as well until the possibility of getting Frontier DLC later on.

I doubt DLC is a thing. We are just getting chattelaines with that them to salt the wound.

I'm honestly interested in the traditional RBY Champion remix, is it there?

Last edited:

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
For a lot of people, it's not that they omitted the Battle Frontier (though that is a disappointment), it's the fact that they liberally sprinkled the game with little nods to the fact that we don't have it.

Honestly it doesn't matter. Here's the deal:

Game Freak litters the game with references to the Battle Frontier; Battle Frontier not present in the games. People whine about it.
Game Freak leaves little to no references; Battle Frontier is not present in the games. People whine about no references.

The point is that they acknowledged the existence of the Battle Frontier and that's good enough for me.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...

^This. It's one thing to omit it, but mentions of it without it being present is annoying. I'd rather have a useless NPC lecture us on how Zigzagoon is the greatest Pokemon to ever exist than a NPC say "Trollolol BF troll blah blah." Come on, GF.

.Aerodactyl.

I admit that the references feel like a punch to the gut, but I do agree with Khaelis. We would have felt sour either way just because we wanted it. No references would have had us saying "they're just ignoring it and trying to pretend it didn't exist'.

I think what hurts more though, is that even though they're referencing it they don't come out and say "its not in". So we get people thinking its time lock or DLC and their is no evidence to say otherwise. At this point, I jist wish they'd come out and say " its not in" just to end the debate and the speculation. They did it with customization, wish they'd do it here. But they don't want to hurt sales by saying its not there. My guess is they just ran out of time to do it. I think they know it would be a selling feature, but its a big project and they probably had to put other things first.

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Honestly, even though the Battle Frontier is gone, the material is clearly there.

While it is VERY unlikely, the chances are ORAS may be the first main series Pokémon title to obtain DLC content.

.Aerodactyl.

Honestly, even though the Battle Frontier is gone, the material is clearly there.

While it is VERY unlikely, the chances are ORAS may be the first main series Pokémon title to obtain DLC content.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. At this point, for fans, its exhausting. Its a constant up and down. I was POSITIVE the battle frontier was in early on and now I'm shocked its probably not. I don't want to kill hope, I'm not all knowing. It could be time lock, it could be DLC. And its hard to judge... Most of us speculating about the BF content don't have the game yet and we're going entirely by leaks. So I honestly don't know how much content is there. I know they have a battle tower model, and a bit of music. The references were a great nod for fans, but throughout the wait it just built so much hype that the battle frontier would be there. I honestly hope I'm wrong and it's time lock or DLC. It would be neat to use that feature from the Demo.

Otherwise I have to move on. I'll love secret bases, contests and the second day care center. I'll love new egg moves and move tutors, etc. Still a lot to look forward to that I'm really excited about! Gonna focus on that. :D

Last edited:

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
This is exactly what I'm talking about. At this point, for fans, its exhausting. Its a constant up and down. I was POSITIVE the battle frontier was in early on and now I'm shocked its probably not. I don't want to kill hope, I'm not all knowing. It could be time lock, it could be DLC. And its hard to judge... Most of us speculating about the BF content don't have the game yet and we're going entirely by leaks. So I honestly don't know how much content is there. I know they have a battle tower model, and a bit of music. The references were a great nod for fans, but throughout the wait it just built so much hype that the battle frontier would be there. I honestly hope I'm wrong and it's time lock or DLC. It would be neat to use that feature from the Demo.

Otherwise I have to move on. I'll love secret bases, contests and the second day care center. I'll love new egg moves and move tutors, etc. Still a lot to look forward to that I'm really excited about! Gonna focus on that. :D

Something occurred to me, in X and Y the Battle Maison had an unlock-able statue for each type of battle. Perhaps once you get all five something happens? I mean the Battle Tower theme is in the game's files. Honestly just thinking about it makes me smile even if its futile in the end.

shadowF

yeah, I agree in the end I just want to hear gamefreak say the confirmation if it is in or not, I would rather not have false hope and instead know the truth. although I would rather personally ignore it then reference it in the games since it feels more hurtful with them just teasing it. it makes me feel so delta emerald is coming? extremely unlikely but then again with the references of battle frontier it is making everyone discuss why they are referencing it when it is not there.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I'm not getting my hopes up on DLC, GF has made it's position on that clear. Just because there is the capability for it doesn't mean it will be used. They could easily have used DLC to make XY completely compatible with ORAS (by which I mean adding in the new megas) but they didn't, so... yeah. It's just a shame it's not there and I think we'll get some reasoning as to why Battle Frontier wasn't included in post-release interviews.

Arcticwolf10

I'm not getting my hopes up on DLC, GF has made it's position on that clear. Just because there is the capability for it doesn't mean it will be used. They could easily have used DLC to make XY completely compatible with ORAS (by which I mean adding in the new megas) but they didn't, so... yeah. It's just a shame it's not there and I think we'll get some reasoning as to why Battle Frontier wasn't included in post-release interviews.

Maybe they didn't patch because they were busy working on the BF (it could even be a Free App possibly though unlikely) guess we'll see though

Status
Not open for further replies.