• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Consider it might be free, and everyone is getting it in a downloadable "patch" (actually DLC, but everyone has access to it on the Shop). If they didn't finish it and come out with it later down the line for everyone, that would make it fairly balanced.

And that's extreme wishful thinking. Since when has GF made their event DLC available to everyone without any form of marketing or add on for publicity of any sorts, they have never operated in such convenient way my friend.

And you jumped to the conclusion that ORAS isn't a full game at this point, which is based on your opinions but not on GF perception of their own product.

Just look at XY, instead of patching it they opened 2 independent leagues for each set of games, that is how GF does bro. Their games are final products, the only time they bothered patching something was during the berry glitch(Funny enough it was a RS thing) and most recently with XY bug fixes. And I must emphasize on bug fixing with a small inclusion to plan interactions.

But this is the ORAS discussion, and I can see these games as a final product. Probably with a bug patch in the near future, since we might get a lumiere glitch due to the resources or an overlook, but nothing more.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I just noticed that Wally has a different look. I'm not saying it's bad but I actually preferred his original design. He looks too ambiguous now, sort of like Annabelle with green hair. I do like how Maxie now looks. The change suits him better than the original look which made him look like he was 70 if you ask me. I mean you could actually see wrinkles in his face! Tabitha looks too much like one of the random Contest trainers from the Battle Frontier saga of the anime but I can't remember which one. I much rather preferred his original design.

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
Is there a friend safari? Or something like it?

jse

Pokémon Imaginer
One question currently: I believe those non-Gen III Pokemon can be transferred from X/Y to ORAS at the start of the main game, so will the Pokedex be updated for those non-Gen III's?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
One question currently: I believe those non-Gen III Pokemon can be transferred from X/Y to ORAS at the start of the main game, so will the Pokedex be updated for those non-Gen III's?

If it's like every other game, when you transfer a National Dex Pokemon over, it remains unnumbered until you get the National Dex.

blob

I'm glad they updated Bank before the games were released, instead of months after...

So is the post-game as expansive and time consuming as Emerald's BF? Also, can you still get the Medals? Also, are they offline now? I hate having to go online to make the Medals save...

DanteKoriyu

I'm glad they updated Bank before the games were released, instead of months after...
I wish they would have updated with more storage (and allow items, but that's a different issue), even if it was offered at a premium price or something. Like 20 more boxes for a $1 (it's already 100 for $5). I've only got enough space left for the ORAS dex...

blob

I wish they would have updated with more storage (and allow items, but that's a different issue), even if it was offered at a premium price or something. Like 20 more boxes for a $1 (it's already 100 for $5). I've only got enough space left for the ORAS dex...

The item thing is very annoying. If they did it to prevent ORAS items from getting into XY, then just refuse to send the Pokémon over.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So, does anybody have the list for known for Friend Safari Pokémon or something?

chibiowl

I don't think the Friend Safari exists in the game but that's probably because there's no longer a need for it since with the DexNav, any pokemon in the wild can be found with their hidden ability. The only people this would hurt are the shiny hunters.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I don't think the Friend Safari exists in the game but that's probably because there's no longer a need for it since with the DexNav, any pokemon in the wild can be found with their hidden ability. The only people this would hurt are the shiny hunters.

Ah, I didn't check page 171 fully.

Also no, you would need Friend Safari to get HA starters without events. Though its non-presence makes it more likely that at least one more set of HA starters will be available in X2/Y2 and others will presumably be events or remain unreleased.

...Which was what I was saying since X/Y was released, so I feel like a broken record at this point.

Last edited:

Genousity

Im just curious, if anybody else has encountered this glitch...

ever since I've left petalburg forest, my omega ruby crashes, every few minutes and every time I go inside the flower shop.
I cant get into rustboro with out it crashing. its a hard copy.

Obi

It wouldn't make sense for GF to make the Battle Frontier made in Hoenn to put it in the next game. Outrage would be seismic. And besides, if they really wanted to make ORAS like RS, wouldn't they have just built the tower and call it a day? The fact that the NPC characters saying its being built ON TOP of the Battle Resort, makes it seem like they really don't want to put it in the next game. Also the fact that they literally copy and pasted the pathetic Maison only while adding NOTHING to the Resort, makes it seem like they are building it. We can go back and forth, but looking at past trends doesn't matter. Remember when Nintendo said they would never utilize DLC? Well they are, and technically isn't Pokebank DLC? Back and forth

diakyu

Don't we battle him in front of the Mauville Gym, at Ever Grande City, and during the post-game?
I was just assuming we were talking about the main-game.

Lugia 88

Well I finally have the game and near the fire gym leader, also it appears that Bagon is in its original location (note all pokemon appear to be in their original location from the old games.) Going to need all 8th if i want a mega salamence :(

Status
Not open for further replies.