• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
You know what I just realized? What can GF do for the next games unless they're Gen VII? I mean; they've already given out every legendary and a previous mythical pokemon.

Honestly, I think that's the biggest tell that the next games are gonna be a bit different. Regardless of what they are, if they're Gen VI; something is gonna be different.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
You know what I just realized? What can GF do for the next games unless they're Gen VII? I mean; they've already given out every legendary and a previous mythical pokemon.

Honestly, I think that's the biggest tell that the next games are gonna be a bit different. Regardless of what they are, if they're Gen VI; something is gonna be different.

Hidden Abilities and remaining event Pokémon.

Also, we have no Gen VI Move Tutors. In fact, Air Cutter Move Tutor(which was a Gen IV Tutor) was cut from the retail version.

So keep calm, we have still some stuff remaining for this generation... but we will have the next game probably next year.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Regardless of the financial aspect - I don't think it would be a paid DLC - it's essentially the same as having things locked in-game until you get a given event Pokemon, with the minor distinction that it allows GF to continue to develop and improve the features before release. It's not like they're adding storyline content, it would literally just be the Battle Frontier and potentially a better rematch system. I don't see him having as many issues with that as with, say, having released the Delta Episode as a DLC or patch.

Why wouldn't it be paid DLC? Are you really expecting a company to have its developers create new content for an existing game for no compensation? Event Pokemon is an exception because they're usually treated as advertising (be it for the upcoming movie, or to advertise its worldwide reveal). Also, I'm not sure how you're making the distinction, seeing that Masuda hasn't exactly discriminated between content that affects the story, and content that is designed solely to bring features.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Why wouldn't it be paid DLC? Are you really expecting a company to have its developers create new content for an existing game for no compensation? Event Pokemon is an exception because they're usually treated as advertising (be it for the upcoming movie, or to advertise its worldwide reveal). Also, I'm not sure how you're making the distinction, seeing that Masuda hasn't exactly discriminated between content that affects the story, and content that is designed solely to bring features.

Seeing as he hasn't discriminated? He hasn't brought it up. You don't know whether he considers such material to be different. It's speculation. As far as the paid part, I know very well that it would make more sense for it to be paid, but I can't see it costing much if anything because of the comments that Masuda and others have made. Event Pokemon are no such exception - the Frontier could be used in almost exactly the same way as advertising material. There could be a return to the Frontier with a movie or with the anime, or it could tie in with one of the event Pokemon that Nintendo has neglected to so far reveal (both of which could have strong ties to Hoenn, given the lore in ORAS that can be tied to Hoopa and given the typing of Volcanion). There are plenty of reasons why there is potential for a DLC and why the issue is a lot more open-ended than it seems you're trying to make it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Gen VI so far has been the epitome of all style but no substance.

I agree, not that style's a bad thing per se, but I personally just find this generation to be subpar thus far; I actually yearn for the Gen 5 days now tbh. OR/AS has made Gen 6 slightly more tolerable imo, but issues persist.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I agree, not that style's a bad thing per se, but I personally just find this generation to be subpar thus far; I actually yearn for the Gen 5 days now tbh.

Yeah, that's the sad thing. 6th gen actually makes 5th gen look good by comparison.

shadowF

Yeah, that's the sad thing. 6th gen actually makes 5th gen look good by comparison.

5th generation was good though. Sure the pokemon were ehhh but the story in black and white is the best story of all pokemon games and black and white 2 have the best postgame content of all time.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

In the department of replayability, pokemon diversity and plot those top any game single handely.

On route design it's a bit better than Hoenn and PT, but not by far.

And YMMV on the Pokemon designs, but like I said they availability as well as the game pace design gives every unova pokemon a chance to shine in replay without a grindfest, something no other game has achieved. As someone who replays his games more than once I can say that unova is the most enjoyable region to go trough despite being long lines and bridges, special when compared to the accident ed repaints of Hoenn with subpar pokemon distribution Midvale and water overdose on the second half. But again that's my opinion.

Hoenn does one thing well, and it does it well, look beautiful. But sadly it is a one time trip, specially with so much added cutscene and some clunkyness added on the 3D transition. A game I will enjoy to go trough once but I won't bother to speed run or do self imposed nonconnection challenges at.

Zoldakin

You just checked what? Your ineptitude at framerate perception? They're 30 fps and any gamer, especially PC, will tell you this from a mere glance.

lol mad salty. Go check the technical details. They do run at 60 fps. You seem to be confusing speed with fps for someone who claims to be a formidable gamer. This is also more obvious because the speed issue was partially fixed from DP to HGSS and PT. The frame rate wasn't touched at all because they all run on the same engine.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
You just checked what? Your ineptitude at framerate perception? They're 30 fps and any gamer, especially PC, will tell you this from a mere glance.

I emulated my legal backup of platinum to see the framerate the game runs at. That framerate was 60fps.

Also, I find it funny how you try to insult me but fall flat. I write about videogames professionally, and I'm certain I know more about framerate than you. I would appreciate if you wouldn't attempt to discredit anyone without doing at the very least a modicum of research into the game's techinical specifications.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
What put me off to 5th gen was that was when they started dumbing things down, making the regions linear, nerfing trainer rosters and difficulty, and general handholding throughout the game. They both had great storylines and BW2 had one of the best regional dexes of all time, but I can't agree about the replay value. Most of the extra features are mediocre at best. Musicals are a poor man's contests with even less focus on the battling and more on the accessories and gimmicks. Hidden Grottoes are so stingy on giving out anything of value that it's a waste of your time. The Battle Subway is just a reskin of the usual Battle Tower. The only good ones are Pokestar Studios, the PWT, and Join Avenue. And there's not a whole lot of extra features, basically just the usual staples plus a useless communication feature that was a precursor to the vastly superior PSS, they threw out all of the useful apps that 3rd and 4th gen had.

Arsène

lol mad salty. Go check the technical details. They do run at 60 fps.

Why do I need to check it? Neither have you have yet to have provide a source (or any sense of intelligence thus far). Show me any source proclaiming Generation IV games are 60 fps.

Good luck with your hunt, because I'll guarantee you won't find it.

You seem to be confusing speed with fps for someone who claims to be a formidable gamer. This is also more obvious because the speed issue was partially fixed from DP to HGSS and PT.

I have not mentioned anything pertaining to the "speed" of the game.

The frame rate wasn't touched at all because they all run on the same engine.

Same engine =! same framerate.

----

The difference between 30 fps and 60 fps is night and day and evidently, neither of you can figure that out, which is hilarious because one of you were busy telling me I'm "mad salty" for being able to perceive framerate better than the both of you. =P

Some of you seem to take delight in proclaiming outright wrong information, continue to fall back on it with virtually no sources of your own and when mounting evidence towards the contrary is finally provided, you only served to end up looking really stupid in the end.

Good job.

I emulated my legal backup of platinum

Uh huh...

to see the framerate the game runs at. That framerate was 60fps.

So let me get this straight. You played the game on an emulator, which is already doing things beyond the capabilities of the hardware in question and somehow conclude that the game is NATIVELY running at that framerate?

Are you obtuse?

Also, I find it funny how you try to insult me but fall flat. I write about videogames professionally, and I'm certain I know more about framerate than you. I would appreciate if you wouldn't attempt to discredit anyone without doing at the very least a modicum of research into the game's techinical specifications.

Just replace this snippet with "I'm an expert" instead of the pretentious drivel next time.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Seeing as he hasn't discriminated? He hasn't brought it up. You don't know whether he considers such material to be different. It's speculation. As far as the paid part, I know very well that it would make more sense for it to be paid, but I can't see it costing much if anything because of the comments that Masuda and others have made. Event Pokemon are no such exception - the Frontier could be used in almost exactly the same way as advertising material. There could be a return to the Frontier with a movie or with the anime, or it could tie in with one of the event Pokemon that Nintendo has neglected to so far reveal (both of which could have strong ties to Hoenn, given the lore in ORAS that can be tied to Hoopa and given the typing of Volcanion). There are plenty of reasons why there is potential for a DLC and why the issue is a lot more open-ended than it seems you're trying to make it.

Cost depends on a multitude of variables: 1) How much is too much to you and other Pokemon fans? 2) How does GF quantify their content in terms of dollars? Also, if there was a tie-in to the anime, don't you think they would've brought a lot of attention to it? I mean, Emerald's Frontier was well represented through the anime. That's not to say that it can't happen, but future episodes maintaining focus on XY and the fact that ORAS as far as I know is getting only one or so episode(s), and that's focused on M-Evolutions, makes it unlikely that DLC Frontier is going to happen, and that's if you're only looking at it from the standpoint of anime/advertising. Furthermore, tying in the release to an Event Pokemon makes no sense both in terms of lore and advertising. It also comes across as a haphazard move considering the lack of synergy between the two concepts.

As I've said before, the same has happened with XY when people read (myself included) too much into parts that we thought felt too barebones that GF was going to address it through DLC. Over time, we saw that this wasn't the case, and that the barebone events XY was pretty much viewed in a vacuum, well, until the eventual director's cut comes anyways. That being said, it's completely possible that GF intended for the BF references to be viewed in a vacuum, to further reference possible temporal differences between RS and E, considering that this is after all, a remake of RS and not Emerald.

Then again, it begs the question: why not just remake Emerald in the first place and add in Ruby/Sapphire differences...? Talk about a colossal waste if time if DLC Frontier turns out to be true.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I have a theory on what will happen to the amnesiac Looker and how he got that way. Maybe he had his memory erased by a Uxie and will get it back slowly after some currently unknown conditions happen like when you transfer the totem thingy from XY over and you catch all the legendaries in your game? What I mean is what if showing him a specific Pokemon like Croagunk or even Espurrwill make him remember some stuff but not everything?

I have a theory on what will happen to the amnesiac Looker and how he got that way. Maybe he had his memory erased by a Uxie and will get it back slowly after some currently unknown conditions happen like when you transfer the totem thingy from XY over and you catch all the legendaries in your game? What I mean is what if showing him a specific Pokemon like Croagunk or even Espurrwill make him remember some stuff but not everything?

ORAS is set before XY, so showing him an Espurr wouldn't make sense. A Croagunk might still have worked though as it's unspecified when he got it (all we know is that it's implied to be dead by the time of XY).

Drey

Get rekt. (especially the last quote )
We know which fps related comment this is for.

inc textwall thing

Anyway, what I wanted to say was relating to what the next game might be. I'm hoping that they'll make a prequel as I think someone suggested. One thing this gen has me hyped about for once is the story.

I haven't gotten to delta episode yet, but I've been hearing some little pieces of the story here and there, and it sounds awesome. If they just focus their energy on the story, it'd be a sure crit.

Someone suggested two different third versions, one for oras and one for xy. It would be cool to have both, then have both games explain events that happen with the other, like a kingdom hearts game.

Example, in xy2, person A tells you they came back from hoenn where they went to research mega stones, since it was apparently the first place to have megas. They tell you about some crazy **** that happened and was resolved.

In oras2 you experience the crazy **** that happened , then they would say they're going to kalos to continue research.

At this moment, oras2 stuff came first then xy2

Anyway the example is to show it would be cool to see what happens on both sides and that they could totally intertwine the two, and make a sexy story that touches on az and his time, mega evolution, maybe even archie and maxie's relation to each other prior to their repsective teams, and of course zinnia's **** that I remember could have some cool backstory stuff made, but again I haven't done delta.

I know there are a bunch of flaws, but I hope you can get what I'm trying to say outta there.

I wish they woukd add more pokemon lore in into the games as well. Other than the legends of our game, we get next to nothing. Even supposedly having hoopa warp legendaries was cool.
I want some more indepth info on legendaries like latios and latias, like if they had a mother type eon pokemon, since the two we have are like siblings.

Even something as small as a seviper/zangoose clan war would be cool.

Where is the daycare located at? I know that there is one in the Battle Resort but I heard that there was a second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.