• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The datamine didn't say anything about that, but I tried anyway for you - nothing.

They've got to be planning some sort of continuation here; it makes no sense otherwise :/

Agreed. Which is why I brought it up. Looker has never been the NPC that just sits there and does nothing. His biggest roles have been in Platinum and BW but he still was pretty important enough to have his own side quest in XY. Not too many NPCs have as many appearances as he does in different games. Cynthia comes second but mainly because you battle her in BW/BW2 in two different places (in the case of BW2) with her having completely different teams depending on where you face her. HGSS had her expand upon the Dragon trio legend. But even then she never had a true side quest other own like Looker did. It's not GF's pattern to suddenly have a well known NPC like Looker who was very active before and actually helps you put into the games for no actual purpose. BW2 DID break the 3rd sequel trend in a way but it worked out very well as we got to see what happened after N left and Ghetsis escaped and what the member of Team Plasma decided to do.

Ajduk

Do I need to catch all legendary pokemon before unlocking Battle Resort(yaaay, battle resort -.-'')?
I want to SR for shiny legends. Also, are all shiny legends immediately available via SR because I've
heard that shiny Zekrom has only recently become available, which means what...if you caught it
before that, though luck?

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Do I need to catch all legendary pokemon before unlocking Battle Resort(yaaay, battle resort -.-'')?
I want to SR for shiny legends. Also, are all shiny legends immediately available via SR because I've
heard that shiny Zekrom has only recently become available, which means what...if you caught it
before that, though luck?

I think you just need to finish the Delta Episode to go to the Battle Resort.
That said, I think all the legends (minus Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and Deoxys) can be shiny through resetting as soon as you can encounter them. Good luck!

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
I liked reading all the journals in bookcases and under beds in Sea Mauville. It kind of felt like reading a political scandal XD

I don't know if anyone's noticed this yet, but in the apartments in Mauville City there's one that belongs to someone who just says he's powerless and can do nothing. That dialogue appears in one of the journals in Sea Mauville. Sounds like he has survivor's guilt or PTSD or something.

That's related to another part of the game, one which doesn't make much sense. Talk to some people in Mauville Pokemon center

Banana Bloodplanet

That's related to another part of the game, one which doesn't make much sense. Talk to some people in Mauville Pokemon center
By powerless, he means he doesn't have O-Powers? I remember Giddy gives you O-Powers there.

EDIT: I went there last night and talked to all the people who appear in the Pokemon Center and wow...it didn't make much sense, but it was funny, and cool to see how Mr. Bonding got his start :eek:

Last edited:

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Looker didn't appear in Black 2 and White 2. I think you confused it with the corresponsive manga chapter of Pokémon Adventures, where he indeed investigates Neo Plasma and Ghetsis. He didn't appear in the actual games at all.

Actually, he did. I remember seeing him in B2 and W2.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The DexNav is amazing but kinda broken too imo. I found a level 24 Surskit with Mind Reader and a Timid nature not too long ago. Plus I think I should've just DexNav'd a Nincada with Bug Bite instead of catching a normal one but he's a Ninjask now so I'm OK with missing out on the Egg move.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

He appears I think post E4 and you see him somewhere near one of the reformed Sages. I think it was Rood. The Sage says that many of Plasma's members are now reformed and do not wish to cause any trouble but the ones like the Triad and Zinnolin are doing unforgivable actions and need to be stopped.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

I can guarantee that Looker did not appear in B2W2. I remember the games very well, and if he did appear, then it would at least be documented on Bulbapedia. He did, however, appear in BW.

He appears I think post E4 and you see him somewhere near one of the reformed Sages. I think it was Rood. The Sage says that many of Plasma's members are now reformed and do not wish to cause any trouble but the ones like the Triad and Zinnolin are doing unforgivable actions and need to be stopped.

No, that was Sage Gorm and Cheren.

Last edited:

Legendary Dreams

Talking about Looker and the Gen V games, I wonder if him handing out the Mega Stone for the only Gen V pokemon that can Mega-Evolve means anything. Yes, probably more Gen V pokemon are getting Mega Evolutions in the future, but they usually don't think so far ahead if and when the game decides to drop really subtle hints like that.

I am unsure if this is the correct place to post this, but I didn't see anywhere I could. I am looking for the eon ticket. I don't live anywhere near New York to go to a place in person to get it. I don't live near any pokemon clubs in my area to go there to get it, and I don't think I live near anyone I can physically walk by to get the Eon Ticket in spot pass. However is it possible to get the Eon Ticket through the passerby people? That is the only way I can get it unless you can get it from acquaintances or Friends that live across the world to. The official pokemon website isn't exactly 'exact' in it's description of how to use spot pass to get it. So is it only by physically passing by someone or is it both physically and through internet passerby people we can get it? Also do you have to have the elete four beat and have the S.S. Tidal complete and finished in order to obtain this ticket? What are the exact ins and outs of this game Eon Ticket. I'd very much like to have it soon.

If any of you would have the Eon Ticket and know how to pass it could you help me out please? My friend code is 0361-8318-0994 names Johnathan. I'd very much appreciate it if you could help me out thanks.

If this is the wrong thread for this I am sorry.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Talking about Looker and the Gen V games, I wonder if him handing out the Mega Stone for the only Gen V pokemon that can Mega-Evolve means anything. Yes, probably more Gen V pokemon are getting Mega Evolutions in the future, but they usually don't think so far ahead if and when the game decides to drop really subtle hints like that.

I doubt it means anything. The bulk of the Mega Stones have been handed away by NPCs generally without reason. They probably just wanted to reuse his model more than anything else(since in case you haven't noticed, OR/AS uses a lot of assets from X/Y). That and they really wanted this game to be a continuation of X/Y, so some rather obvious parallel was made.

Banana Bloodplanet

So, I visited the Space Center and on the second floor, two workers asked if I saw Deoxys during the meteor crisis. They said they think Deoxys intentionally headed for Hoenn, and one asked me to let them know if I learn anything about Deoxys. I changed its form four times (to have seen all of them), figuring maybe my character would tell them about the forms, but nothing. Is this going anywhere, and if so, what do I do?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I really like how they deeply connected Hoenn with Kalos. It's kinda unexpected.
Out of all regions, I thought Unova played a larger role.
Bwuh? Unova, compared to all the stuff between Johto/Sinnoh was nothing. You had the Pokemon of Creation, the pokemon that gave emotion to everyone, space/time, the Unown which brought the written word to humans, the list just goes on and on. I'm not discrediting Unova, far from it. I firmly believe with the new info that we might be dealing with a new timeline, when the time comes to retell Unova's story, they will find a way to tie it into Kalos' backstory. I believed from the start that Kalos is Unova's counterpart region, and I still do. The placement of the wars is a bit weird, but history was always distorted.

Anyone tried talking to Looker while having a Croagunk in their party yet? It just doesn't seem like GF to add such a NPC who is well known to do something major in every game appearance he has had previously and make him become utterly useless. I mean you get to battle Cynthia in BW/BW2 and she led you to the one area in HGSS where you could get any of the Legendary Dragons from Sinnoh mythology and Caitlin became a full fledged Trainer after previously giving you points in the PtHGSS Battle Castle. Only did HGSS give us cameos of Gym Leaders from Sinnoh who were nothing more than cameos. But even then they had reasons for coming to the Johto and Kanto regions. Looker's memory loss is just way too random here.
DLC epilogue story for ORAS, only thing I see happening. Same thing with XY. I think both sets of games are all we're getting, but they will be expanded.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
DLC epilogue story for ORAS, only thing I see happening. Same thing with XY. I think both sets of games are all we're getting, but they will be expanded.

GF hasn't expressed much interest in DLC and flat out refused to patch XY so that it would be compatible with ORAS, so what necessarily means that the only option for these games to be tied up is DLC? It may be DLC (though I personally doubt it, GF loves their third versions), but I don't see why it's the only option available.

GF hasn't expressed much interest in DLC and flat out refused to patch XY so that it would be compatible with ORAS, so what necessarily means that the only option for these games to be tied up is DLC? It may be DLC (though I personally doubt it, GF loves their third versions), but I don't see why it's the only option available.

I think this would be a huge missed opportunity for them not to do DLC. They could do Delta Episode type additions and sell more games. Its win win for everyone.

Selebi

To be honest, I don't believe there will be DLC. I think people expected too much from the game and have this thought that there would be DLC to have continuation of some sort to the game. Yes, there are mentions of characters from Emerald, but that doesn't mean they will be in the game, they were just referred. Yes, we can catch Rayquaza and yes, they mention Battle Frontier being build, but we have Battle Resort and that's all what we will have. These are after all, remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, not Emerald, so it seemed logical not have Battle Frontier.

As far as remakes go, I usually expect them to be the same game with better graphics and some improvements on the game. And most importantly why I believe there will no DLC on Pokemon is what Junichi Masuda said in an interview about a year ago: “We like the idea that through Pokémon people can make conversation or you can become friends and that Pokémon can be a safe environment for that. In terms of DLC specifically, I don’t know what shape DLC can take in the future. But at the moment I don’t feel it’s a safe enough mode – so to speak – appropriate for Pokémon.

There’s no download content or microtransaction content developed specifically for Pokémon X & Y. We’ve not come up with any ideas on that yet. I like the idea that Pokémon can be enjoyed with just one piece of software. You buy the game and it can be enjoyed just with that one software that you buy. That’s a key point for Game Freak.” – Junichi Masuda

For some reason, this forum doesn't allow linking, so you can find the interview just by googling ''masuda dlc interview'' etc.

re: I am unsure if this is the correct place to post this, but I didn't see anywhere I could. I am looking for the eon ticket. I don't live anywhere near New York to go to a place in person to get it. I don't live near any pokemon clubs in my area to go there to get it, and I don't think I live near anyone I can physically walk by to get the Eon Ticket in spot pass. However is it possible to get the Eon Ticket through the passerby people? That is the only way I can get it unless you can get it from acquaintances or Friends that live across the world to. The official pokemon website isn't exactly 'exact' in it's description of how to use spot pass to get it. So is it only by physically passing by someone or is it both physically and through internet passerby people we can get it? Also do you have to have the elete four beat and have the S.S. Tidal complete and finished in order to obtain this ticket? What are the exact ins and outs of this game Eon Ticket. I'd very much like to have it soon.

If any of you would have the Eon Ticket and know how to pass it could you help me out please? My friend code is 0361-8318-0994 names Johnathan. I'd very much appreciate it if you could help me out thanks.

If this is the wrong thread for this I am sorry.

These are after all, remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, not Emerald, so it seemed logical not have Battle Frontier.

Didn't stop them from putting a Battle Frontier into HG/SS. Even a Battle Tower would have been anachronistic to a Gold/Silver remake. They just didn't put a Frontier in because they didn't want to. Bottom line. It honestly has nothing to do with which remakes we see.

Fans speculated that it would be there because when was the last time a remake saw a third version? Never. So the Battle Frontier was something that came out during 3rd Gen in Hoenn. Also, the quotes you used weren't denying that DLC could ever exist for Pokemon, all they said was that we wouldn't see it yet. This interview was done in 2013, for all we know Masuda may have very well figured out how he would want DLC for Pokemon to work. Masuda shares the same viewpoints as the rest of Nintendo's developers, create a game that's full and fun enough that it won't need DLC. Took them until 2014 to add DLC to two of their first party games, Smash and Mario Kart 8 specifically, both of which still are complete enough to stand on their own without DLC. ORAS are the same, I don't think we should completely out DLC as an option just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.