• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Anyone know when in the game the game corner parlor opens in Mauville? I just beat Watts and still in the beginning of the game.

So when does the mauville game corner parlor open?

Laws against gambling made GF remove them from their games, they just added it as a homage or as more salt for the open wounds, in te same way as the Battle Frontier references.

Banana Bloodplanet

At least the owner gave you Treecko, Torchic, and Mudkip dolls. I was happy about that. Also, still waiting on an answer for this question from 2 pages ago: So, I visited the Space Center and on the second floor, two workers asked if I saw Deoxys during the meteor crisis. They said they think Deoxys intentionally headed for Hoenn, and one asked me to let them know if I learn anything about Deoxys. I changed its form four times (to have seen all of them), figuring maybe my character would tell them about the forms, but nothing. Is this going anywhere, and if so, what do I do?

gars129

Am i the only one who things the cities are a little disapointing design was? They just lack the detail of XY or even BW, heck they should have blown these ones. They look too simple like it was in gen 3, which is a shame because some routes were redesigned amazingly, such as the one leading to meteor falls and the one with ashes (112 i believe). I think adding more building (even if you couldnt enter them and make better detailed streets and more irregular terrain. I always liked RSE Slateport for its time but ORAS Slateport looks a bit gbaish cause of the simpleness, Rustboro was the most ok and the mall is cool (i always wanted a mall in PKMN and Nine from BW was so so).

If the exp share isnt gonna over level people then battling everyday at every secret base sure will lol
(especially since alot of the people are packing legionaries lol)

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
At least the owner gave you Treecko, Torchic, and Mudkip dolls. I was happy about that. Also, still waiting on an answer for this question from 2 pages ago: So, I visited the Space Center and on the second floor, two workers asked if I saw Deoxys during the meteor crisis. They said they think Deoxys intentionally headed for Hoenn, and one asked me to let them know if I learn anything about Deoxys. I changed its form four times (to have seen all of them), figuring maybe my character would tell them about the forms, but nothing. Is this going anywhere, and if so, what do I do?

It goes no where deoxys was gonna destroy hoenn, it can't talk so you can't ask why, the end.

But meta wise it attacked hoenn because thats the region the games are set in and the writters made it that way, gamefreak tend to leave things unanswered

Banana Bloodplanet

It goes no where deoxys was gonna destroy hoenn, it can't talk so you can't ask why, the end.

But meta wise it attacked hoenn because thats the region the games are set in and the writters made it that way, gamefreak tend to leave things unanswered
Actually they said they don't think it intended to destroy Hoenn.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
No, seriously. The Game Corner will not open. Laws against gambling in the EU have prevented GameFreak from putting in anything that involves gambling for the past few generations now.

I was disappointed when I got to that spot in Mauville and the Game Corner was closed. lol That kind of sucks though. :( I don't want to mention Sinnoh here, but if Gen IV is ever remade, I guess we're saying 'bye bye' to Veilstone game corner.

Anyways, I'm in love with how they designed the region for this game! It feels a lot bigger than in RSE and, god, the water routes... xD

urrutiap

New improved mauville I kinda don't like. It's like a mini strip mall.

What was the original mauville like in original sapphire?

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
I was disappointed when I got to that spot in Mauville and the Game Corner was closed. lol That kind of sucks though. :( I don't want to mention Sinnoh here, but if Gen IV is ever remade, I guess we're saying 'bye bye' to Veilstone game corner.

Actually, funny thing, Veilstone's game corner was the first one to be censored, as it's unplayable in the European versions of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, apparently.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
GF hasn't expressed much interest in DLC and flat out refused to patch XY so that it would be compatible with ORAS, so what necessarily means that the only option for these games to be tied up is DLC? It may be DLC (though I personally doubt it, GF loves their third versions), but I don't see why it's the only option available.
What are the gonna do? Outside of new megas, you have all the legendaries in two games. Which is usually reserved for the last release of a generation, not the second last. And Delta Episode felt like an introduction to the idea of a fleshed out post-league story much more then the Sage Hunt in BW, or the Looker Chapters in XY.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
What are the gonna do? Outside of new megas, you have all the legendaries in two games.

Super Ultra Zygarde X and Super Ultra Zygarde Y

get 'em now in Pokémon Lime, 'cause we're not patching ORAS

Hell, they could also throw in another Event Pokémon like Mew or Darkrai or something, in the post-game Lemon Episode.

Last edited:

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Denial is a bad thing to be honest, GF has no plans on going DLC and we just have to take what they give us on Hoenn, it's not bad(In my personal opinion hoenn has no saving grace as a region) since they improved the navigation trough this place a lot and added the features from future gens that made it look lackluster as hell when compared to the other games. Let's just try to enjoy the updated graphics of this beautiful(yet bland) region as they intended us to do, GF releases full games so let's enjoy them like that. GOD BLESS THE TUTORS!!
Why are you calling Hoenn beautiful if it has no saving grace,then?

Obi

Laws against gambling made GF remove them from their games, they just added it as a homage or as more salt for the open wounds, in te same way as the Battle Frontier references.

You see the references as salt in the wound, I see them as GF asking us to wait for it as DLC or in a future game (hopefully the former)

Obi

I don't know if anyone has found him yet but, is your apprentice at the BAttle Resort or Maison?? The demo dumps found some of his text, I haven't heard anything about him since

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Why are you calling Hoenn beautiful if it has no saving grace,then?

It's beautiful because they made it look good, but it's awful navigation wise with hinders it's replay value. It's like tossing glitter dust to a puddle, it looks nice but it's just a shallow puddle in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.