• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I think the first in-game reference to that was in BW. There's a guy in Opelucid City who makes mention of the opposite version of the city, and wants you to find him Pokemon with Charge from the "other world" (the opposite game).

Plus, there is the reference to White Forest in Black, and to Black City in White, as well as the aesthetic and cultural differences between the two versions of Unova (one values technology, while the other values nature).

The big question is, how do the events of other generations play out in the Mega Evolution universe? Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova Confirmed!!

About the same, but with Megas.

For instance, FRLG in this universe probably looks a lot like Pokémon Origins. And we know that Team Plasma was active in the Unova region some time before XY. Although since Reshiram/Zekrom got plucked out of there and transported to Hoenn by Hoopa years earlier, that probably changed a few things.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Although since Reshiram/Zekrom got plucked out of there and transported to Hoenn by Hoopa years earlier, that probably changed a few things.

I don't think their appearance in Hoenn will have any effect on the parallel storyline. I think whatever legendaries have jumped through the portal are probably just going to be considered extras, ones that won't be the legendaries that we know from the previous games (or rather, their equivalents in this timeline) and will probably be ignored. So the events of BW (and GSC and DPPt) will probably continue as they would in the other timeline except with more Megas!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I don't think their appearance in Hoenn will have any effect on the parallel storyline. I think whatever legendaries have jumped through the portal are probably just going to be considered extras, ones that won't be the legendaries that we know from the previous games (or rather, their equivalents in this timeline) and will probably be ignored. So the events of BW (and GSC and DPPt) will probably continue as they would in the other timeline except with more Megas!

I've always considered post-game legendaries non-canon.
One good example is Kyurem where it is still not considered caught in B2W2, even if you did in the first game.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Personally, I have my doubts that we will even see BW remakes, so I think it will actually be even less of an issue than that. :p

Creyk

idgi why they even try to explain these timeline things. The point is to add new features to the games, no need to come up with overcomplicated theories like this. What is important is to make the game more interesting and enjoyable, not to create weird backstories which only give ground to even more speculation. I mean if you think about it, pokemon is not really about the story. It's about the game.

shadowF

I've always considered post-game legendaries non-canon.
One good example is Kyurem where it is still not considered caught in B2W2, even if you did in the first game.

in my view the post-game legendaries are canon but in the end the protagonists never catches them, he either battles them and defeats them or he/she never meets them. Like hoopa teleporting legendaries I see it as canon but our protagonist never catches them that way these legendaries find themselves back to where their regions are so they can begin their stories.

Zoldakin

in my view the post-game legendaries are canon but in the end the protagonists never catches them, he either battles them and defeats them or he/she never meets them. Like hoopa teleporting legendaries I see it as canon but our protagonist never catches them that way these legendaries find themselves back to where their regions are so they can begin their stories.

or the theory that there are multiple legendaries is possible, bar special ones like arceus and mewtwo and the likes. That way, a legendary gets warped to hoenn but not necessarily the same as the one in the story lines. Or as long as we're talking about multiverses, there might be infinite possible timelines and there are in fact timelines out there without any legendaries thanks to hoopa.

shadowF

or the theory that there are multiple legendaries is possible, bar special ones like arceus and mewtwo and the likes. That way, a legendary gets warped to hoenn but not necessarily the same as the one in the story lines. Or as long as we're talking about multiverses, there might be infinite possible timelines and there are in fact timelines out there without any legendaries thanks to hoopa.

yeah, it could be that perhaps all the legendaries that came to hoenn are from another dimension and that is why they can be shiny and don't have the shiny lock. This can be supported with the shiny mega rayquaza that is in the new film, that one looks like it has to be from another dimension.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
that one looks like it has to be from another dimension.

Not really necessarily at all, no. They weren't afraid to introduce a second Mewtwo; a second Rayquaza is even less of a stretch.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Personally, I have my doubts that we will even see BW remakes, so I think it will actually be even less of an issue than that. :p

by the time BW remakes come along, they'll use alternate universes to explain some other shark-jumps since then

BurningWhiteKyurem

yeah, it could be that perhaps all the legendaries that came to hoenn are from another dimension and that is why they can be shiny and don't have the shiny lock. This can be supported with the shiny mega rayquaza that is in the new film, that one looks like it has to be from another dimension.

Reading too much into game design choices. GF could've just been like "lol no more lock" instead of some convoluted story justification.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
by the time BW remakes come along, they'll use alternate universes to explain some other shark-jumps since then

Personally, I was actually quite surprised to see that they even bothered to explain it. But as much as I liked it, it isn't something that I expect them to hold themselves to. I wouldn't be shocked if, in the event that they do make BW remakes that features a new mechanic, they squeeze it in with little to no explanation. Although, in BW's case, alternate universes would be a particularly fitting concept, since the originals already play with them to an extent.

Boshy

Putting Battle Maison again in those games is a bad ideia, its just disgusting and a bad battle facility compared to PWT or the Battle Frontier i just dont know what as gamefreak thinking,they could even add something entirely new, im still waiting for a good answer from the company since me and a lot of people where expecting battle frontier the most. They need to give me a good reason to buy their next game Z or whatever i hope its not like oras in terms of post game, and if battle frontier does not come ever again or something good like that im going to do a petition since i could never complete the BF in the old days, and now i can since i learned about ivs, evs etc.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
im going to do a petition since i could never complete the BF in the old days, and now i can since i learned about ivs, evs etc.

Not that I'm defending them for copy/pasting the Maison, but in fairness, couldn't you just, you know, play through the Frontier in the older games, assuming that you still have access to them? Yes, you would have fewer Pokémon and move choices, but it's not as if IVs and EVs work any differently than before.

Boshy

Not that I'm defending them for copy/pasting the Maison, but in fairness, couldn't you just, you know, play through the Frontier in the older games, assuming that you still have access to them? Yes, you would have fewer Pokémon and move choices, but it's not as if IVs and EVs work any differently than before.

Yes i could play emerald again to experience the battle frontier again and thus defeating it, regarding ivs, evs in the old games now that is a sad story, in the old games they are just bad represented no one could spend their time breeding a perfect pokemon and such and if they did they are completely wasting their time and had nothing to do (no offense), not many people cared about that including me they just get any pokemon and thus enjoyed the story etc.

BurningWhiteKyurem

The main issue is outdated mechanics. Going from Phy/Spec split to being based on types is jarring and difficult to get used to. Not to mention how ridiculous breeding is in Emerald (and Gen III in general).

Boshy

Yes i could play emerald again to experience the battle frontier again also HGSS and Platinum Frontier and thus defeating it, regarding ivs, evs in the old games now that is a sad story, in the old games they are just bad represented no one could spend their time breeding a perfect pokemon and such and if they did they are completely wasting their time and had nothing to do (no offense), not many people cared about that including me they just get any pokemon and thus enjoyed the story etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.