• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Water hardness is measured by the amount of minerals a water has in it. Apparently the water in Kalos is very hard.

It's a bit deluded to claim you're the only one who has read that paper.

At first I read that as "It's a bit diluted to..." thinking you were making a awesome pun. Now I'm dissapointed...

Anybody else simply stoked about diving!? Actually, I was hoping we'd get to dive around Unova's bays, but I'm always happy to return to diving around Hoenn! Actual diving, with Relicanths, seaweed, and random Clamperl sounds.

Not drowning in spiral in a race to the finish to find copper tiarAs.

Last edited:

nahranej

I've always loved Hoenn. Always. When I got my hands on a copy of Ruby a hundred years ago, I loved just about everything about it: the all new Pokémon, the music, the updated gameplay and most of all, the region of Hoenn itself. So vibrant and lively and tropical and huge. ORAS brought this feeling back. There was something that made me a bit sad, though - it seems like Hoenn is... I dunno, smaller somehow? To be honest, I was expecting the addition of some Sevii-type islands or something similar to the new Johto routes in HGSS. Alas, no, nothing of that sort - except for a stray new path here and there (behind the Fortree gym with the TM ball for example) and some redesigns (the Safari Zone etc.). I also feel more could've been done with the diving. But hey, it's still Hoenn. Finally in 3D. And I still love it.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I've always loved Hoenn. Always. When I got my hands on a copy of Ruby a hundred years ago, I loved just about everything about it: the all new Pokémon, the music, the updated gameplay and most of all, the region of Hoenn itself. So vibrant and lively and tropical and huge. ORAS brought this feeling back. There was something that made me a bit sad, though - it seems like Hoenn is... I dunno, smaller somehow? To be honest, I was expecting the addition of some Sevii-type islands or something similar to the new Johto routes in HGSS. Alas, no, nothing of that sort - except for a stray new path here and there (behind the Fortree gym with the TM ball for example) and some redesigns (the Safari Zone etc.). I also feel more could've been done with the diving. But hey, it's still Hoenn. Finally in 3D. And I still love it.

I have to agree, it feels like it's lacking in new areas, and the Mirage Spots don't really make up for it because they're so small. It's a shame, because the islands near the Battle Frontier would've been good for a Sevii Islands type post game section.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I agree tbh. Hoenn could've done with several more new areas imho. Having an explorable archipelago around the Battle Resort or some new routes would've been nice.

Mye

Someone has to win..

See, I would've loved to have a bigger Safari Zone (or at least one with multiple layers). That for me was a giant missed opportunity as minus the aspect of using two bikes to get that item, you don't really do much there. An archipelago around the battle resort could've been useful, as could've more islands added which you could only get to via boat (like in FRLG, only more expansive).

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Most of the land routes seem bigger, or wider to me.

The only thing that felt smaller was the Safari Zone, and some of the sea routes around the end. The Safari in particular is kinda disappointing, with the lack of that post-game expanded area, and lower number of Pokemon...

Last edited:

nahranej

Ohh, I got my hopes up for a second or two. Fabulous Tucker is fabulous.

HM02gon

Waiting...

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Nah the screenshots are pretty wonky too. That Battle Tower looks all kinds of wrong for a 3D remaster.

I can't even say "Nice try".

Just kind of reminds me of bitter that situation is.

Boshy

Guys i suggest you dont give up yet, the fact that the Battle Frontier is mentioned post game in oras by some npc, they even mentioned scott and some frontier brains, gamefreak is not stupid and they know that we like a lot the BF.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Guys i suggest you dont give up yet, the fact that the Battle Frontier is mentioned post game in oras by some npc, they even mentioned scott and some frontier brains, gamefreak is not stupid and they know that we like a lot the BF.

Masuda already explained that GF didn't believe that the Frontier was necessary in OR/AS or something along those lines. So we're not getting it as DLC.

Boshy

And we are still in the time where nintendo is promoting heavily those games,Ex: the nintendo promotion to get a free game, Pokemon events , Tourneys, so BF returning is still possible, a lot of holes in the games are still open to and not fully explained(volcanion, hoopa, etc) we can still expect some more surprises guys just saying.

And we are still in the time where nintendo is promoting heavily those games, Ex: The nintendo promotion to get a free game if you register oras and a 3ds in club nintendo, lot of Pokemon events ,Official Tourneys, so BF returning is still possible, a lot of holes in the games are still open to and not fully explained by official sources yet (Volcanion, Hoopa, etc) we can still expect some more surprises guys just saying.

sorry for my double reply it was a mistake of mine (im using my 3ds XD)

Last edited by a moderator:

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
And we are still in the time where nintendo is promoting heavily those games,Ex: the nintendo promotion to get a free game, Pokemon events , Tourneys, so BF returning is still possible, a lot of holes in the games are still open to and not fully explained(volcanion, hoopa, etc) we can still expect some more surprises guys just saying.

And we are still in the time where nintendo is promoting heavily those games, Ex: The nintendo promotion to get a free game if you register oras and a 3ds in club nintendo, lot of Pokemon events ,Official Tourneys, so BF returning is still possible, a lot of holes in the games are still open to and not fully explained by official sources yet (Volcanion, Hoopa, etc) we can still expect some more surprises guys just saying.

sorry for my double reply it was a mistake of mine (im using my 3ds XD)

The BF returning is technically possible, just not in ORAS. Maybe in the next game however...

Status
Not open for further replies.