• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn VS. Kanto and FR/LG Vs. R/S/E

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
Definitely Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. It is my favorite Pokemon game, and third favorite game of all time. The region was probably the best, and the Pokemon were also very good.

Don't get me wrong, I really like FireRed/LeafGreen :D.

Ditto B1tch

It's quite predictable that R/S/E will be better than FR/LG in everything except the Nostalgia Kanto provides due of R/B/Y memories.

I love all of them!! But I prefer RSE since Ruby is my first game and it is really special to me. I love FRLG too! LG was the third Pokemon game that I played and it was awesome! My favourite region is Hoenn than Kanto than Unova. Johto is great too but I didn't really liked Sinnoh..

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Gonna have to go with Hoenn. Sure I enjoyed Kanto and its nice, but Hoenn had me with its Pokemon. My team rotates so often because I have a lot of favorites on that gen. Also its music is lovely, I like every single one of the routes music as well as the battles XP

ashiemore

I like Hoenn better because of much superior storyline, more water routes, more open areas, and more variety of Pokémon whereas Kanto seems a bit jammed together. Both are very good regions, however.

~ashiemore

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
I like Leaf Green/Fire Red more because of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald batteries go dry and you cannot shiny hunt on them like FR/LG...
Plus, LG/FR have more to after you beat the game imo.

ysmr97

I think Hoenn had a surperior story line.

Estellise

peachy
I'm voting Hoenn for two big reasons:
1. Ruby was my first pokemon game; and
2. I have the most memories with Ruby.

FallBird

I vote for Emerald, even though Gold was my first game and I played Blue and Yellow before third gen, because:
-The plot is way better in RSE. In Firered and Leafgreen, all you're doing is taking down Team Rocket, and that sort of comes to a lackluster climax anyways.
-Sceptile is my main man. It sometimes pains me to start any RSE run with a starter other than Treecko.
-Battle Frontier made for a great after-game challenge. I preferred Emerald battle frontier to those of DPP and HGSS, probably because it was bigger and more spread out, and had more stuff to get into (such as the cave full of Smeargle, which I was absolutely convinced would have Mew in it after that little girl said she saw something with a long tail hiding... T_T)

However, Firered does have the Sevii Islands going for it. I really enjoyed those, it was a lot of fun. I raised my female Charizard to level 100 there :') and then deleted her by accident. T_T

Shadow_07

Huzzah.
FR/LG was so much more fun for me. I loved the islands, the Vs. Seeker, and the champion most of all. I also think Kanto's layout is better than Hoenn's.