1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

HOENN vs. SINNOH

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Yoom.TAH!, Jun 22, 2010.

?

Hoenn VS. Sinnoh

1. Hoenn

33 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Sinnoh

15 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. Yoom.TAH!

Yoom.TAH! A.K.A. Wigglytuff

Since Johto is such a favorite...and Kanto started it all...what region is better, Hoenn or Sinnoh?

Its SOOOO easily Hoenn for me.

2. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

I got to say Sinnoh, I don't know why.

3. TheSmexyMoogle

TheSmexyMoogle Active Member

I like hoenn alot more too. It was the first and only to implement a multi leveled map, which i liked alot, going undersea and stuff. And I liked the general flow of the game, how you started in a town that you would have to return to in order to battle the gym leader. It was kinda nostalgic in reminding me of Viridian City in the first games.

4. Tommi

Tommi Well-Known Member

I'm actually stuck between the two. :(

5. Alex Pt

Alex Pt Wicked

I'd say Hoenn because of its vibrancy.

6. TheSmexyMoogle

TheSmexyMoogle Active Member

on a side note, i caught a shiny weedle last night(*reffering to OP's sig.) :) made me very happy (since it was a 1/8014 random encounter withing the first 2hrs of replaying Leafgreen).

7. Josiah

Josiah is your favorite

Hoenn-it had a way more diverse environment. Jungle, desert, a volcano; a city built in the trees, a floating town, a city built in a volcanic crater. Sinnoh had mountains (with some snow) and a volcano (if you count the Battle Zone as Sinnoh, and even then, it only looks like one in Platinum). Sinnoh's cities and towns were all as plain as the ones in Johto and Kanto.

8. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

Sinnoh was defiantly better for a lot of reasons. The day/ night system and it actually had snow. And it was more of a challenge.

9. Josiah

Josiah is your favorite

Day and night really shouldn't be factored in when comparing the regions. It's Sinnoh vs. Hoenn, not DPPt vs. RSE. More on topic, the snow would have been way better and actually enjoyable if you didn't have to worry about sinking in too deep to run.

10. Pikasaur

Pikasaur Putting up a Fight

im sorta stuck between the 2. on one hand hoenn is just my favorite region, with two evil teams, torchic and mudkip, and the first battle frontier among other reasons. and sinnoh because while i like almost every pokemon, my 2 favorites right now are crogunk and hippopotas(sp?), and i love snowpoint city.

I also like both Regions Gym leaders and E4 slightly better then johto or kanto.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  11. ForteAnly

ForteAnly Well-Known Member

I'd say Hoenn takes the win. I just never liked Sinnoh.

12. SapphireGeno

SapphireGeno Silver forever <3

Hoenn by FAR.
    Hoenn and Johto are my two favorite regions. The enviroments and landscapes of Hoenn are vibrant, the towns are creative, and I loved the Pokemon, too.
    So yeah, Hoenn.

13. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 I'm gonna miss my boi Deoxys...

I like sinnoh better because you can catch so many different pokemon in it. With the national dex, you can get so much.

14. Nacreous

Nacreous Fire trainer

Hoenn because most of its pkmn aren't related to older pkmn,the landskaping was very creative,I liked the starters more,the gym leaders,the contests,diving etc^^

15. NimhShambler

NimhShambler Fighting Type Prof.

Sinnoh. I can't stand Hoenn, actually. I think it's ugly and the towns are small. Bleh.

I just use Emerald for the Pal Parking.

~Nemmeh ;107;

16. The_Boss_Giygas

The_Boss_Giygas I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.

Hoenn is the best, Kanto is a close second. But Hoenn has more diverse environments and it's tropical which is my fave kind of environment. Unique cities on trees, on water, on islands. A lot of surfing routes, and it has many new pokemon lines instead of just evolutions to old pokemon which there is a lot of in Sinnoh.

17. syrupz

syrupz New Member

I like Hoenn more than I like Sinnoh, so Hoenn for me. P:

18. Indragon

Indragon Back in the USSR

As regions, Hoenn is superior to Sinnoh. I'll always like it ^_^

19. PokePika22

PokePika22 Active Member

I like both but Hoenn wins

20. Swampert_trainer

Swampert_trainer Laughs at thunder

Hoenn. It had better Pokemon and it just had a fresher feel to it. I loved all the water and water Pokemon and the starters were awesome.