• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HOENN vs. SINNOH

Hoenn VS. Sinnoh

• Hoenn

Votes: 33 68.8%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 15 31.3%

• Total voters

Yoom.TAH!

A.K.A. Wigglytuff
Since Johto is such a favorite...and Kanto started it all...what region is better, Hoenn or Sinnoh?

Its SOOOO easily Hoenn for me.

TheSmexyMoogle

I like hoenn alot more too. It was the first and only to implement a multi leveled map, which i liked alot, going undersea and stuff. And I liked the general flow of the game, how you started in a town that you would have to return to in order to battle the gym leader. It was kinda nostalgic in reminding me of Viridian City in the first games.

Alex Pt

Wicked
I'd say Hoenn because of its vibrancy.

TheSmexyMoogle

on a side note, i caught a shiny weedle last night(*reffering to OP's sig.) :) made me very happy (since it was a 1/8014 random encounter withing the first 2hrs of replaying Leafgreen).

Josiah

is your favorite
Hoenn-it had a way more diverse environment. Jungle, desert, a volcano; a city built in the trees, a floating town, a city built in a volcanic crater. Sinnoh had mountains (with some snow) and a volcano (if you count the Battle Zone as Sinnoh, and even then, it only looks like one in Platinum). Sinnoh's cities and towns were all as plain as the ones in Johto and Kanto.

rocky505

Sinnoh was defiantly better for a lot of reasons. The day/ night system and it actually had snow. And it was more of a challenge.

Josiah

is your favorite
Day and night really shouldn't be factored in when comparing the regions. It's Sinnoh vs. Hoenn, not DPPt vs. RSE. More on topic, the snow would have been way better and actually enjoyable if you didn't have to worry about sinking in too deep to run.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
im sorta stuck between the 2. on one hand hoenn is just my favorite region, with two evil teams, torchic and mudkip, and the first battle frontier among other reasons. and sinnoh because while i like almost every pokemon, my 2 favorites right now are crogunk and hippopotas(sp?), and i love snowpoint city.

I also like both Regions Gym leaders and E4 slightly better then johto or kanto.

Last edited:

ForteAnly

I'd say Hoenn takes the win. I just never liked Sinnoh.

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
Hoenn by FAR.
Hoenn and Johto are my two favorite regions. The enviroments and landscapes of Hoenn are vibrant, the towns are creative, and I loved the Pokemon, too.
So yeah, Hoenn.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I like sinnoh better because you can catch so many different pokemon in it. With the national dex, you can get so much.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Hoenn because most of its pkmn aren't related to older pkmn,the landskaping was very creative,I liked the starters more,the gym leaders,the contests,diving etc^^

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Hoenn is the best, Kanto is a close second. But Hoenn has more diverse environments and it's tropical which is my fave kind of environment. Unique cities on trees, on water, on islands. A lot of surfing routes, and it has many new pokemon lines instead of just evolutions to old pokemon which there is a lot of in Sinnoh.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Hoenn. It had better Pokemon and it just had a fresher feel to it. I loved all the water and water Pokemon and the starters were awesome.