• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn's Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoEsMhOe

I love them so far. Great work, but one question. It is going to get hard seaching through all the posts of this thread, so here it goes. After you are done, will you be putting this in a MS Word Doc. or Acrobe, for us to download and read all at once.

How about this: In the first post of mine in every page, I will give links to each separate chapter, before or after that post. Would that be acceptable? Because, quite honestly, I haven't the faintest idea of how to put it into Adobe or Microsoft Word Doc.

~*CB*~

Oromis

Stone Trainer
This fic is nice. Good plotline, interestingly written and short and sweet. I personally don't like long chapters. A fic should be like caviar. It should served in delicate doses and not splashed everywhere like butter. Keep up the good work.

~Chapter Three: Confrontations~​

~Regirock~​

Groudon glared down at me. Its size did not intimidate me. I held my arms behind my back, so Groudon could not see me raising rocks. I focused on the granite deep beneath the ground, and mainpulated them with waving gestures. I formed them into an iron-hard ball, adding new bits of stone whenever I sensed new material.

Groudon let loose a second Hyper Beam. I stood erect, and let it flow over me. I thought by this time, Groudon should've realized that its Hyper Beam had no effect.

As I gathered stones beneath the ground, I felt the beam's temperature rise. My eyes saw the golden yellow of the attack turn flaming red. I realized Groudon had mixed in a Fire Blast along with the beam. Fire Blast's inaccuracy would be no problem if it had a path to follow, as Grouodn must have realized. It hurt a bit, but I stood my ground, letting Groudon know I wasn't frightened. Groudon ended the jet and stared down at me.

I looked around a little as well, and noticed a few scorch marks on my arms and torso, but otherwise, I looked and felt fine. Groudon noticed, and started another stream of fire. I peered through the jet, watching for any new attacks Groudon may have been planning. As though sensing my intentions, Groudon broadened the width of the ongoing fire attack. Now I couldn't see at all.

Deep beneath me, I checked on the progress of the ball of granite. I reached around with my thoughts, and examined the ball mentally. It had reached Groudon's height, and was harder than one would think conceivable. Satisfied, I darted out of the flames. I raised my arms, and sent power streaming into them. They glowed a deep brown. I made a lifting motion, and allowed the power to access the sphere. The ground rumbled loudly as the ball rose through the lava sediment Groudon had laid down long ago.

Groudon noticed the shaking, and moved forward quickly. Its claws glowed white, and it sliced through the still air, directly at my right arm. Busy raising the rock formation, I could not move. All of my eyes focused on the claws that cut toward my arm. After what seemed an eternity, Groudon made contact.

Pain coursed through my body, and I shut my eyes. I focused my mental energy on numbing the excruciating pain. I let the rock where it was, and sent power forward to numb my arm. Seconds after, Groudon roared angrily. I opened my eyes, and saw a stream of yellowed light blasting into Groudon's midriff from my right arm socket. My arm had been disconnected!

I looked down, and saw my arm lying on the ground, cracked and disconfigured. I stopped the flow of energy, realizing it was not harming, but merely agitating my foe. I looked at the ground, and saw a great grey surface beneath Groudon. The granite ball! Groudon had obviously not seen it.

Forgetting my severed arm, I sent a tremendous force of energy into my remaining arm. I struggled to lift the hefty stone up, but with one arm, it was a huge task. The ground parted, and the stone flew up, lifting Groudon along with it. I did my best to keep the power in my arm, but it was retreating back into my brain. The ball flew into the air. At 70-some feet high, I stopped it, and rotated my arm.

The ball followed the motion, and flipped itself over. Groudon fell off. It clawed at the bottom of the sphere, trying to keep a grip on it. It fell, though, and struck the ground hard. The soil shook beneath me. I kept my balance, and held the ball in midair. Suddenly, the energy ceased altogether, and flowed backward, back to my head. The rock fell quickly, the sheer density of it making it plummet faster than Groudon had. Groudon had just gotten up when the ball slammed on top of it.

I heard no reaction, but knew that had not killed Groudon. I tensed all the parts of my body, and concentrated on sending back my internal energy into my arm. Finally, it soared through my torso and into my arm. I contacted the rock mentally, and connected its being to me. It pushed my arm to the left, pushing the rock as well. I struggled hard, contracting the giant sphere. I felt my power slipping away rapidly, refusing to be wasted upon this futile effort.

I fought against the urge to give up, and pushed harder, trying to crush Groudon. Suddenly, my whole body pulsed, and I glowed a bloodred color. I screamed mentally, and flung my arm left. The rock squeezed itself into a pillar, and shattered. Groudon stood within, unharmed! Around it was a pale green shield. It shimmered as rock was propelled off its surface.

Groudon let the field fade, and stomped forward. Drained of every last bit of strength, I fell to the ground. My stony back dug into the dead ground. The feel of soil, however dry, was comfort to the pain my right arm socket constantly sent through my body. Groudon looked down at me imperiously, gloating at its helpless victim. Groudon's left claws glowed once more.

Knowing I was about to die, I lay still, unable to move or call my brothers for help. Groudon thrust its arm through the air, and its claws pentrated my body easily. Fleetingly, I felt its hot claws dig deep into my heart. As my sight faded, I felt everything around me freeze. Nothing moved. A great green glow was the last thing I saw before I died.

~Celebi~

Forgetting my duties in freeing Kyogre's soldiers, I teleported to Groudon's loaction. As I floated through the wormhole, I froze time in its place. When I arrived, I saw Groudon standing over the dead Regirock, frozen in time. I knew that Regirock could defeat Groudon. It had simply failed this time. To completely defeat Groudon, it needed its brothers.

First thing's first, I decided, and moved my eyes left. I watched the battle between Regirock and Groudon rewind. It was so interesting that I went ahead of myself. Regirock began to skate backwards up the hill.

Oops, I thought, and shot my arm right. Regirock jetted forward. I stopped right as Regirock stood before Groudon. I scanned the ground for Vulpix's carcass. Using Psychic energy, I lifted it from the ground. It had been cut in two. Focusing my efforts upon it, I rewound its past. I watched its orange body mend itself. It dropped to the ground, and scampered backwards up the mountain. I followed it, and watched it suspend itself in midair. I knew that Regirock should have been holding it right then, as it was curled into a comfortable position. I kept reversing time, waiting for the right moment.

I smiled and watched as Vulpix curled up into a ball. Egg fragments soared from the ground around it, and surrounded its tiny body. The Egg sat in midair for a moment, and then rewound to the spot where Registeel had laid before. It floated for a second, and then sloped diagonally into a patch of grass. I stopped it there, and let it be.

After that, I floated back down to Regirock and Groudon. I decided Regirock probably needed weapons of some sort. I closed my blue eyes and thought of what might help. An idea came to me quickly. It stared at Regirock's hands, and sent Psychic power outward. I cut away at the exterior of its hands, and shaped them into horn-like protrusions. I elongated them slightly, and let its amrs fall to its side.

Perfect, I thought. With that, I opened up a wormhole behind Groudon, and floated into it. Whirls of color surrounded me, and at the distant end, I saw Mossdeep Forest. As I transported myself, I relinquished my hold on time, and let it flow again.

Good luck Regirock, I thought, and shot out of the wormhole's exit.

~*CB*~

Last edited:

Eragon

Blaziken Trainer
Cool!

Great Chapters! I'm new here, so i wasn't able to post about the other chapters before, but now that my account is validated, i can post now! I like the idea of the 3 legendary Psychic pokemon (excluding mewtwo and Celebi) creating Groudon and Kyogre.

Last edited:
Blaziken Rocks: Thanks. New readers are always appreciated.

Lucent Latias: I suppose having Celebi fix everything would ruin the story...
Well, I didn't really have it in me to slaughter a baby Vulpix, so I revived it.
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. Personally, I thought it was a bit short.

~*CB*~

BlindFear

The Omniscient One
Oh wow, this is a very good story. I like how it's in first person view, giving it much more depth and feeling. Keep up the great work and this will become a much bigger hit than it already is.

PokeMasta

Kick ***!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whoa your fic rox! I really liked the Celebi part... keep it up!

fhqwhgads

Last edited:
S

Shiny_deoxys

Wow, I just finished your story and I really, really liked it. The plot is really strong, and it promises to be a great book. I can't wait to continue reading this as it develops. Check out my novel when you get the chance.

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Now, this is cool. Right away, it earns my favor by focusing on Pokemon rather than humans. After all, I can experience humans anyday, anywhere - but where am I going to run into a Groudon? :D Not to mention that I love the Regis and the Hoenn legendaries in general; I'm glad you're giving them all some attention. One question: We've seen Mew and Celebi - might we be seeing any of the other Kanto/Johto legendaries, e.g. Ho-oh or Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres? Oh, but just say "maybe" if you don't want to spoil anything!

I immediately liked the personalities of the Regis. Registeel, especially - the guy's quite an a-hole, it's great. :D I also liked your decision to have them communicate telepathically.

The description is great, engaging without being smothering or tedious. I thought the description of the Pokemon's attacks and powers was particularly good.

And, yes, the Regi-goo comment was priceless. Keep it up!

~Chapter 4: Redone~

~Regirock~​

Groudon glared down at me. Its size did not intimidate me. I decided a direct hit would do decent damage, and lashed out at Groudon's midriff. My arm went through the air faster than I had thought possible. I noticed the ends had been sharpened to a deadly point. Not bothering to find out the cause, I continued my strike. It hit Groudon square in the stomach.

Groudon roared in agony as my pointed hands penetrated its vulnerable flesh. I yanked out my hand, and sensed blood flowing from the wound. I looked down at my new weapon, and saw deep red blood hardening over the rocky surface. I prepared a second strike, but as I got ready to thrust my hand forward, a presence invaded my mind. It was foreign, that much I was sure. It had not the familiar feel of Registeel and Regice's minds.

Call upon your brothers, it instructed me. I did not recognize the voice. Right after receiving the message, the invasive presence faded away. Suddenly, a yellow wall engulfed me. I was shocked momentarily, but easily recognized Groudon's futile Hyper Beam. As long as Groudon was distracted, I figured I should call upon my brothers.

I reached my mind out to the summit of Mount Pyre. I contacted them both simultaneously, repeating the same message in both their minds.

I need your help, I said, adding a bit of urgency to my thought, thinking it would worry them and hasten their approach. As I ended my request, I felt the temperature of the Beam rise significantly. The wall of gold turned a blazing red color, the vivid color burning into my eyes. I did not understand at first, but after considering, I believed that Groudon had mixed in a Fire Blast along with the Hyper Beam. Having a set path to follow, Fire Blast couldn't miss.

I was becoming uncomfrotable, but I tolerated it. It occured to me during the inferno that my brothers were both susceptible to fire attacks. I would have to protect them. I heard the stomping footsteps of Registeel coming nearer, and with my mind, I sensed the grass freezing over alongside Registeel, confirming that Regice was approaching as well. With that in mind, I darted out of the jet, and behind Groudon, beneath its feet.

Groudon turned slowly, leaning to the left so as to prevent pressure upon its stomach wound. Its dark blood stained the ground beneath it, noticable even amongst the rust-colored sediment. Groudon growled threateningly, and prepared a claw attack. Knowing it would hurt badly, I sent out a request to Regice.

An Ice Beam would be appreciated, brother, I thought, this time the urgency in my thought genuine rather than feigned. Regice sent back a dim acknowledgement, not wasting its time and energy giving me a satisfactory affirmative. Regice shot up its left arm, and aimed it at Groudon's glowing hand, as though arming a missile. Concentrating, Regice let loose a blast of ice. But, as the attack streaked through the air, Groudon thrust its arm forward, aimed directly at my heart.

I couldn't evade, it was too fast. Observing the situation, Regice sloped its projectile at a 45 degree angle, and struck Groudon's lethal appendage. Instantly, Groudon's hand froze over. Its frozen arm bounced harmlessly off my head. Regice sent a surge of gravity into the ice, and Groudon's arm dropped to the ground. Groudon struggled to lift it, while Regice glared intently at the arm. I could tell Regice was straining hard to keep its hold over Groudon.

While Regice forced gravity into Groudon's arm, I sent out a request to Registeel.

A Hyper Beam to the head could prove effective, I noted.

Registeel replied bitterly, Alright, alright, no need to nag. Registeel lazily focused its scarlet eyes on Groudon's head, and released its internal power at Groudon, the energy filtering through its eyes. It hits squarely, and Groudon roared in rage. It toppled forward though, forced downward by the impact. Right above me. Registeel was quick on the update, thankfully, and sent its Hyper Beam at me. I loosened my feet, and allowed the Beam to force me backward.

I skated across the ground as Groudon's titanic form plummeted down toward me. I made it, though, and Groudon crashed into the ground upon which I had stood moments before.

Now quickly, while Groudon is incapacitated, freeze it to the ground, I ordered Regice.

Sure! Regice replied cheerfully. Floating around Groudon, Regice sent ice toward Groudon's foot. The ice creeped up Groudon's foot, attaching it to the ground. The harsh cold awoke Groudon however. Groudon forced itself upwards, but toppled forward as the ice resisted its efforts. Quickly, Regice glided to the other foot, and froze it over as well. Registeel and I stood vigilant at its head, ready to knock it out whenever needed.

Groudon awoke again, and I sent a cascade of boulders toward Groudon's head. They pelted its skull, but Groudon did not pass out. Groudon's eyes glowed red. Regice, not noticing Groudon's reawakening, moved to the head. Groudon let loose a luminous stream of orange magma, which bubbled toward Regice.

Look out! I cried, too late. The magma coursed over my brother. I saw Regice's vague form within, glowing yellow from the extreme heat. Registeel grew irritated, and sent a powerful Hyper Beam at Groudon's head. Groudon ceased the magma stream as the Beam hits it head. Groudon roared angrily, thrashing its crimson head from side to side. Registeel intensified the Beam, and knocked Groudon unconscious.

Regice fell to the ground, and Registeel and I ran slowly over to it. We peered down at our fallen brother, from which steam rose rapidly to the sky above. I reached out one of my spear-like hands, and touched Regice's body. I let the cold shoot through me, into my mind. I analyzed it there, drawing a conclusion.

Regice's body temperature...is -12 degrees. That's a good -350 degrees less than normal. I'm afraid Regice's freezing aura capabilites have been disabled. Regice is too warm now. Registeel stared down gravely at Regice. Unexpectedly, Registeel hit Regice over the head with its metal claws. Regice shot upward instantly, and looked around. I decided to save the news for later, and informed Regice of Groudon's feeble state. I encouraged Regice to finish freezing Groudon. Regice obliged, brushing off the attack and resuming its cheerful manner, and sent ice streams around Groudon's still body. I couldn't help but notice it took Regice a little longer to get the same amount of ice on Groudon as it had before.

Eventually, though, Groudon's entire body was encased in ice. We all congratulated each other on our victory.

Regice then inquired, Where shall we head next? I did not know. I implanted an image of Kyogre in my brain, and scanned all of Hoenn for the Sovereign of Water. Surprisingly, I found Kyogre just a few miles away, fighting at the Lilycove Plateau. I informed my brothers of this discovery, and asked if we should go there.

Uncharacteristically serious, Registeel responded, We should stop Kyogre as well. I do so desire revenge upon Kyogre for demolishing our beautiful home. Groudon has been defeated, Kyogre is all that stands in our way. Although I didn't admit it, I had to agree with Registeel. Without sending an affirmative, I moved forward, ready to face Kyogre and end the war.

~*CB*~​

fhqwhgads

Wow. Poor Regice(but he deserve's it for killing himself with Struggle). [SPOIL]Groudon started heating up it's temperature before it got froze, so halfway through the fight with Kyogre, it will show up and fight Kyogre and the Regis get caught inbetween a FireBlast/HydroPump or something, and before it hits you'll switch to Celebi freeing Kyogre's soldiers or w/e, right?[/SPOIL]

Fire Ranger

Power Ranger Trainer
This story is the best thing since I started reading Harry Potter books. I want to start training my Regis now. I used to use them. Now They Will make My C-Squad team. Keep up the good work.

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
Unexpectedly, Registeel hit Regice over the head with its metal claws.

Remind me to cancel my appointment with Dr. Registeel... :p

It was cool to see the Regis working together against Groudon. Aw, poor Regice, though...Oh, I can't talk. If I were writing about Regice, I'd have all kinds of delicious misfortunes befalling it - I'm really a horrible sadist with my characters, I really am . :D
Ah, well, you know, you always hurt the ones you love...

fhqwhgads

It woud have to be a long distance relationship:p SC, what's going to happen to the Vulpix? And Regice(like u'll say it:))?[SPOIL]Hey, all three are weak to Kyogre! They need reinforcements.[/SPOIL] NOOOOOOOO! You have 7 votes, 4.42 AVERAGE! It burnseses!

Lucent Latias: Regirock, being the boldest, doesn't take second thought toward bossng his brethren around. They are most likely used to it, though. Groudon is encased in ice, not dead.

fhqwhgads: Vulpix was brought back to demostrate Celebi's timebending abilities. Its only important role was to get Regirock to fight. It won't be seen anymore, but it won't be harmed either. And really, only Regirock is weak to Kyogre. Registeel is neutral and Regice can coat its water in ice. Thanks for the heads up, I don't check the votes regularly.

Anyway, I should have another Chapter written by tonight.

~*CB*~​

S

Shining Lugia

I finally got a chance to review.....

.....AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!
I used to hate the Regi's....now I LOVE THEM! Regice is my fav, though!
Beautiful story! Completely original! I hope you continue this!

Status
Not open for further replies.