• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoenn's Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Chapter 9: Remnants~​

~Regirock~

I was now feeling completely helpless. There was no one left to help me. If I could beat the Sovereigns, it would have to be an all-out battle. I decided my best bet was to continue destroying the Scorched Slab that Groudon gained strength from.

I turned to the Meteor, and examined it as I passed by it. Steam was rising out of it. I wondered if there could possibly be anymore energy contained in it. If there was, perhaps I could get enough strength to conquer the Sovereigns. I lumbered over to it slowly, thinking over my plan and considering the consequences. I stopped in front of it, now doubtful that this would work. But, I had nothing left to lose, so I may as well try it.

I climbed into the center of the cracked boulder. I planted my feet firmly in the stone beneath me. Nothing happened. I waited patiently for any sudden rush of power, and indication that I was becoming stronger. After several minutes, I grew bored and irritated. I dislodged my feet, and sat down.

I was rather confused right now; sapping energy from rocks was not my specialty. A vague thought formed; perhaps if the rock were whole again, the energy would circulate better, and eventually lead to my legs. I dug my feet into the jagged orange coating around the actual stone once more.

I issued a command in my mind; Move all energy to legs. I felt energy stream through my body, whipping at my organs like snakes. It flowed out through my feet, and throughout the meteorite. I contacted the freely flowing energy, and pushed it over my head. The stone walls closed over me slowly, and darkness surrounded me. I searched the top for a crack, and found it quickly. I sent the energy from both sides crossing over, blending the stone together. I let my hold go, and waited. The Meteorite did not collapse.

Satisified, I scanned the internal walls with my mind, taking hold over all the energy. I found much more than I had put in, which is what I was hoping for. I pulled it all towards me, though slowly; I wasn't comfortable over-exerting myself in a pitch black rock.

Power coursed through me, some being absrobed by my organs and limbs. Quite suddenly, I felt all the power leave the walls around me. My head throbbed; there was too much energy within me to bear. My eyes blurred, and my arms flailed involuntarily. I tried to dislodge my feet, or at least try to let some of the energy leave my body, but nothing happened. Overwhelmed, I sent energy shooting out through my eyes. It broke a hole in the wall in front of me. Bright sunlight poured in, blinding me for a moment. Feeling stable, I broke the sediment around my feet, and ambled forward.

I climbed through the hole. It was high, though, and I tripped as I passed through. I collided with the ground outside, green grass invading my eyes. I pulled my head upward, balancing myself with my sharpened arms. There was a slight green tint in my vision, no doubt caused by the grass's fluids. I scraped at my eyes with my pointed hands, getting the residue off. After ten minutes of this tedious work, I could see clearly again.

I looked around; in the excitement of my recent power surge, I had quite forgotten what I was planning on. My small eyes landed on the glimmering sea ahead of me, and I suddenly decided to release Regice. I may not have been able to with my normal power, but with this power boost, I may have enough strength to break through the abnormally strong stone chamber.

I walked over to the sparkling water, and felt around mentally for stone at the sea floor. The search didn't take long, as the ocean was quite shallow at that point. I fused my mind with it, and pushed it upward in a long line. I couldn't see Regice's tomb, but I felt the stone stop, and I assumed that I had reached the island.

I walked along the path, scanning the horizon for any stone protrusions. Several times, I tottered a little, my feet unbalanced on the skinny stone path. But, after a few minutes of aimless wandering, I saw a lump of magma. I quickened my pace, knowing it was Regice's new home. The path beneath me began to crumble slightly. I wasn't concerned. It was probably just crumbling because of the prolonged exposure to fresh air.

But then as I neared the cave, the path rose in the air. Now I was sure something was wrong. I looked around, and my eyes caught sight of the oh-so-familiar figure of Groudon. I sighed inwardly, wondering if Groudon would ever give up. The path dipped to the left slowly; Groudon was savoring my helplessness. But I wasn't helpless this time.

I connected my mind to the stone I was stumbling on, and pulled it into a straight position. I distinctly saw Groudon's face twitch in surprise. It doubled its efforts as soon as it realized it was losing control. I pulled harder as well, not letting myself lose to Groudon as my brothers had. Groudon was too strong, though. The path was slowly yet surely tilting in Groudon's direction.

Forgetting the battle, I ran back along the way I had come. The landscape around me blurred. I stopped, and felt my momentum carry me forward. I was running far more quickly than I ever had before. Astonished, I continued my sprint, and found land in barely under a minute.

I couldn't even see Groudon at this point. I knew it was coming, though, so I dashed toward the Meteorite. I passed it in a second, but I caught sight of it right as I passed it. It resembled a cave now that it was whole again. Perhaps when this conflict was over, I'd go back and model it into a home away from home of sorts.

I rushed through Fallarbor, but I felt myself slowing down a little. I must be spending too much energy running. I slowed down to a quick jog, conserving this power. It was far too helpful to waste on an escape.

I was halfway through Fallarbor Forest when a great fire wall rose in front of me. I stopped before being incinerated by it, and looked back. Groudon was walking towards me. I was quite confused as to how it caught up with me so quickly.

Groudon stopped, and shot flaming balls into the air. They rose up, and then arched gracefully downward toward me. The air around them simmered; these were lethally hot fireballs. I braced myself, ready for what I hoped would be my final fight with Groudon.

~*CB*~​

Last edited:
Hm, is this one too short? It seems much shorter than the other 8...

~*CB*~​

billy5772

SENIOR
Groudon stopped, and shoot flaming balls into the air.

shoot to shot

Flawless in the G/S departments otherwise! Great suspense you've built at the end of this chapter. Now that Regirock has found a new source of power, he may stand a chance. I'm excited to see this final battle between him and groudon. I think I know what the outcome will be, but we'll see.

Good chapter.

Fixed. And that battle will be a long one, and it'll be posted on Thursday. I'd write it tomorrow, but I've got X-Rays to do tomorrow(I've got scoliosys. And I hate it...), so I won't have time. So Thursday it is.

~*CB*~​

Quanyails

Shining Ninetales
You said Absrobed instead of absorbed! And by the way, I'd rate your Fic 9 out of 10! which is 4.5/5!

whiteabsol

.:Daisy Dancing:.
Great story so far. Can't wait for the next !

S

Swampert627

Wow, this THE COLEST THING I HAVE EVER READ IN MY WHOLE LIFE! this sure beats the heck out of the other fanfics. not that the others on the forums are bad, but...........................
Anyway, there are some typos, but you have to be a n00b to notice those over all of the other things. I give it 5 out of 5! The suspense is awesome! Well, not suspense, but the plot. the best part is that my first game was ruby (sad, isn't it) so i was always wondering about the past of the hooenn region. This isn't the real past (or is it) but it will do ! Ohg well, im just blabbing away. You have a fan in me and everyone else here.

One last thing. Before rocky over there battles groudon, can i have a regiburger?

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Ah...So, Regirock is intent on freeing Regice first...and not Registeel...Gee, I wonder why? :p Nah, I know Regirock cares about both of the others equally, no matter how obnoxious they can be at times.

I eagerly anticipate the battle between Regirock and Groudon...although, Regirock had better hope for its sake that the fight doesn't turn out the way it does when my Groudon gets a hold of a Regirock... ;)

I really hate to disappoint, but I'm going on vacation in a few hours, so I won't be able to write the next Chapter for week and a few days:(. I want to do this Chapter justice, so I don't want to write it in right now, because that would ruin the suspence. So, when I get back, I will work long and hard on the next Chapter, and make sure it has NO typoes and is the longest Chapter yet. Once again, I'm sorry I can't do it now, but I will definitely get back on track the moment I get back.

~*CB*~

L

lone_wolf816

~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
I really hate to disappoint, but I'm going on vacation in a few hours, so I won't be able to write the next Chapter for week and a few days:(. I want to do this Chapter justice, so I don't want to write it in right now, because that would ruin the suspence. So, when I get back, I will work long and hard on the next Chapter, and make sure it has NO typoes and is the longest Chapter yet. Once again, I'm sorry I can't do it now, but I will definitely get back on track the moment I get back.

~*CB*~

Thats ok i can wait!

dark-rukario

Indigo Champion
gotta keep this place alive plz post people just because cb`s on vacation dosnt mean we can let this place die post post like the wind ;rukario;

billy5772

SENIOR
gotta keep this place alive plz post people just because cb`s on vacation dosnt mean we can let this place die post post like the wind

Actually, since the forum has over 30 pages of threads, it's not likely at all that this thread will be pruned, so there's really no need to "post like the wind". That's gonna end up turning into spam, and spammed-up threads are more likely to be deleted than one that simply isn't updated for a little while.

dark-rukario

Indigo Champion
no spaming is like

come to d2 items.com making you godly since 1963

thats spam ;rukario;

armaldo

Pittsburgh Pirates 7th Super Bowl
Of topic from what your guys are talking about, I really like this fic, it's the greatest fic ever in my opinion, because I can acully inmagine a real climax with music & stuff like a movie.

dark-rukario

Indigo Champion
that happens to me every time i read something like this ;rukario;

Status
Not open for further replies.