• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoennshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

azngirlLH

Battle Pyramid Champion
You have come to one of the best threads ever in the making of Serebii's forums...! Just joking.

Anyway, hoennshipping is the pairing of Brendan and May, from both the Pokemon anime and game. If you are talking about the anime, it would be considered as a nevermetshipping at this moment. It would be considered gameshipping if you are talking about the game.

Franticshipping (Ruby and Sapphire, the manga version of Brendan and May) would also be tied into this thread, since their appearances and story lines are similar.

Here are the rules:

• Discuss about the topic, hoennshipping, here. You can also talk about anything else related to it, such as franticshipping, etc.....
  • No character bashing.
  • No spamming.
  • No advertising.
  • Be friendly to everyone.
  • Don't steal other people's art. If you would like to show art belonging to other people, please give them credit.
  • Do not advertise your fanfictions, put the link to your fanfictions in your signatures. Do not post chapters in your post here, but do so in the fanfiction area.
  • RPing a little is okay, but not to much that it becomes spam.

That's it for now, discuss. ;257;

Last edited:
It makes sense in the Magna, and even the games somewhat, but I can't see it in the anime, at least not until they meet, until then, I see May with Drew.

Q

qwertyness4

Cloud Strife said:
It makes sense in the Magna, and even the games somewhat, but I can't see it in the anime, at least not until they meet, until then, I see May with Drew.

im not really a shipper, but i guess this can be a cute couple(anyone with may is cute) it definately makes sense in the manga since i have seen some pics, i think im gonna be a franticshipper. pairing up characters in games are always fun, and as for the anime... hey, who knows. it is fun to think on how brendan and may would react if they ever met. thats a good thing about hoennshipping, you never know what can happpen between the two,

P

PichuHaru

I love Hoennshipping! >3
I bet Brendan and May would be really cute together,I just wish they could actually meet someday.That would be the best. :D
Franticshipping is okay too,but something about it bugs me. o_O

azngirlLH

Battle Pyramid Champion
PichuHaru said:
I love Hoennshipping! >3
I bet Brendan and May would be really cute together,I just wish they could actually meet someday.That would be the best. :D
Franticshipping is okay too,but something about it bugs me. o_O

Really? I did find it bugging at first... but then, I came to realize that there's nothing about Ruby and Sapphire that bugs me.

P

PichuHaru

Hmm...I don't know how to describe it,but there's just something that bugs me about Franticshipping.Maybe their personalities... XD

azngirlLH

Battle Pyramid Champion
Breezy said:
I knew you would be the one to start over the Hoennshipping thread LH lol. But that's cool.

I like Hoennshipping better than Franticshipping, Ruby and Sapphire just don't mix IMO anyways lol. But opposites attract after all right?

Is it just me... or is this your first time posting in the Shippers' area? (?_?) Anywho... yea, opposites do attract. Hm, that sounds familiar... I think I said it somewhere... o_O

[IMG135]http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~arale1/gomi56.gif[/IMG135]

Did I show this before in the May Fan Club, PichuHaru? Anyways... that would be considered franticshipping. :D And I can tell!

P

PichuHaru

aNiMeAzNgUrLLH said:
Is it just me... or is this your first time posting in the Shippers' area? (?_?) Anywho... yea, opposites do attract. Hm, that sounds familiar... I think I said it somewhere... o_O

[IMG135]http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~arale1/gomi56.gif[/IMG135]

Did I show this before in the May Fan Club, PichuHaru? Anyways... that would be considered franticshipping. :D And I can tell!
I don't think you did,but I like that picture. :D
I don't think its the pics or what they look like that bother me,I think its Ruby and Sapphire's personalities...they just don't seem to go well with each other. ><;;;

Breezy

aNiMeAzNgUrLLH said:

Nah, I've posted in the Shippings forum before, I just don't come here much. I'm more of the fanfiction/debate/misc./sppf help/game/rusa help/... something else, can't remember forum kinda girl lol.

Really? Good to know then.

N e ways on topic: Yeah, hoennshipping pride, woo hoo...

Is that any better?

azngirlLH

Battle Pyramid Champion
PichuHaru said:
I don't think you did,but I like that picture. :D
I don't think its the pics or what they look like that bother me,I think its Ruby and Sapphire's personalities...they just don't seem to go well with each other. ><;;;

Hm, I guess so... I guess it's better if Brendan-- uh, Ruby's goal to collect gym badges and Sapphire to collect ribbons. Pretty weird, though, Ruby, a guy who likes to sew clothing... -_- and Sapphire, who likes to swing on vines half-naked....

P

PichuHaru

XD!!!
That's exactly how I had NOT imagined it...Sapphire some kind of jungle girl,and Ruby...Ruby,a......loser sort of. >_<
I had actually expected the opposite.Ruby an arrogant,stubborn kid,and Sapphire a...kinda like May's personality without the "not liking Pokemon at first" thing. ^^;;;

Ketsuban

Master Pokémon Breeder
I'll also tie franticshipping with hoennshipping since they're both almost the same.

I don't know if I should be posting here since I'm not a HoennShipper or a FranticShipper, but I just wanted to point out that they aren't the same at all; it's just that May and Sapphire look the same, as do Brendan and Ruby (except for hair colour). Their personalities are vastly different.

P

Puchiko`s Curse

Yaay!! I love Hoennshipping!! ^_______________________^ That was a really cute pic you posted there, aNiMeAzNgUrLLH.
Uh, by the way...Is that manga--the one with Ruby and Sapphire--available in English? Just wondering.

azngirlLH

Battle Pyramid Champion
*~*Di Gi Charat Girl*~* said:
Yaay!! I love Hoennshipping!! ^_______________________^ That was a really cute pic you posted there, aNiMeAzNgUrLLH.
Uh, by the way...Is that manga--the one with Ruby and Sapphire--available in English? Just wondering.

That pic was a fanart, made by someone who supports franticshipping(FRANTIC!) and I just wanted to show you guys that. The manga... yep, it's in english ^^. Cept finding one in english would be a bit tad hard if you live in the USA(>_<).

P

Puchiko`s Curse

Okay.

Uh...What's franticshipping? *is very annoyed by her scant knowledge of shippings*

P

Puchiko`s Curse

Yaay!

But...Why frantic?

EDIT: Sorry, I know, my posts are too short...I hope I'm not spamming. *worry worry*

azngirlLH

Battle Pyramid Champion
*~*Di Gi Charat Girl*~* said:
Yaay!

But...Why frantic?

EDIT: Sorry, I know, my posts are too short...I hope I'm not spamming. *worry worry*

I'm not so sure... I remember reading somewhere that Sapphire was frantic and RUby was something... maybe someone who has a better standing of franticshipping can explain this cause I'm more of a hoennshipper. X_____X

*whacks herself*

; ___ ; And I call myself a franticshipper, too...

Ketsuban

Master Pokémon Breeder
*recites in a sing-song manner*

"Frantic Sapphire meets neat Ruby..."

Or at least that's what PokespecialTK's shippings list has to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.