• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoennshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
I wasn't around Serebii for that long, started as a guest around Nov 2005 (I mainly use this forum for fics). And that's when the hoennshipping is at its peak. people actually posted things that was relevant to the topic. then, some people started to spam, like "ZOMFG! HOENNSHIPPING IS TEH 1337 PWNAGE", then thread starters would tel them to be reasonable or gtfo. But they stayed, and continue to flood this thread, as well as the whole forum with crap. Now most noobs left, people are posting good stuff again. however, no one really cared about HS anymore after the starting of the new series. This is really tragic, but true.

And honestly, Hoennshipping was never even on the same level as Pokeshipping or Contestshipping. mainly because sex starved individuals cannot find pathetic hints in the anime, because Yuuki WASN'T EVEN IN THE FREAKING THING.

There was much specilaution about when hes gonna come in, and how hes gonna make his apperance. AFter the start of the 6 movie, people got EXTREMELY excited (thats around the peak of hoennshipping), rumours as ridiculous as "Yuuki is gonna replace Satoshi" were spread throughout the forum. But now...

Zycho32

Beginning Trainer
Now it's pretty much a fringe form of shipping- sort of an acquired taste. Maybe an actual 'club' of a handful of people when compared to the major shippings. It barely registers on the radar. Even the shippings that have no chance in heck of coming true (this extends to same sex shippings) have better fanbases than this one.

To tell you the honest truth, it doesn't faze me. I seem to have made a niche of going with fringe groups.

Drew Andrews

Contest Legend
It's all right. Don't worry, everyone knows the ending of the RSE games-right. Take hope in that.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Zycho32: Correct. If you acutally check the people posting on this seemingly enormous thread, you can see that the people who's frequently active is only around 5 to 7. Most people are just idiots who pop in randomly and says: I support this ship. Next time, the threadstarter should make a club instead of this.

I'm not complainig here, other than those untelligent posts done by... this thread is really innovative and a lot of funny as well as important ideas were brought up. so... I'll miis this.

Breezy

I support this shipping.

:p

I can't believe some of you guys. This thread might die, however, but Hoennshipping itself will never die. Many, many people have built upon an idea that shouldn't of existed in the first place, an idea that exploded more than me or any of the people that were here since the beginning would of thought it would of become. I take pride into what this shipping has become and I believe it has set it's place in the shipping field. It may not be as everlasting as Pokeshipping or Contestshipping, but for a shipping that had no proof whatsoever anime-wise, I'm surprised it has come this far.

The only way Hoennshipping will die is if Hoennshippers give up hope on this shipping. One person can hold us a single shipping (and I do know someone that has held up one shipping just by her fic btw.)

Yeah. My two cents.

Drew Andrews

Contest Legend
I can't believe some of you guys. This thread might die, however, but Hoennshipping itself will never die. Many, many people have built upon an idea that shouldn't of existed in the first place, an idea that exploded more than me or any of the people that were here since the beginning would of thought it would of become. I take pride into what this shipping has become and I believe it has set it's place in the shipping field. It may not be as everlasting as Pokeshipping or Contestshipping, but for a shipping that had no proof whatsoever anime-wise, I'm surprised it has come this far.

It has come this far, and it will go a long way, much further than that of the rest. It will disappear from the radar for some time, but it'll return someday. Someday......

The only way Hoennshipping will die is if Hoennshippers give up hope on this shipping. One person can hold us a single shipping Yeah. My two cents.

I doubt that will be so. There's always hope out there, but where? No-one knows.......

Then again, we SHOULD include Frantic shipping.

Kyoto-chan

Breezy - -glompcling-

-ahem-

The debate thing - We can't lose hope.

And Yuuki was in the anime...;_; Movie cameos, dammit!

But game-wise people ship this.

Honestly, I shipped it because I loathed Advancedshipping back when I found out about Hoennshipping (I discovered the first ever Hoennshipping fic - sadly, it's not there anymore - and was like "hey! May with someone who's not Ash! :D" [admittedly, I was like...really young and immature XD]), but once I actually played R/S/E, I fell in love with it.

R/S/E is filled with hints, isn't it? That's what brought most of us together, isn't it?

-ahem- I'd honestly hate to see this thread die...it was my first real OTP, and I got tons of friends out of this thread...

-sigh-

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
The fact that we are talking about the death of this thread is the very energy that keeps it alive. Oh.. the irony.

The only reason I'm actually posting on this thread is because it includes franticshipping. honestly people, Sapphire is wayyyy more interesting than Haruka. I have no idea what the (beep!) the makers were thinking when they made Haruka. If they wre gonna place the tomboish Kasumi with someone sweet, okay. But instead, they posted some random happy-go-lucky 10 years old who got
a unusally craze for noodles...? Ruby and Yuuki?> I;m not even gonna go there....

Let's stop making random topics and lets do debate instead. Who wants to go against me? Let's find a topic to debte on!

Letss see, Franticshipping. I have arguementst that prove the ship was better when its not canon.

Last edited:

Breezy

Now I'm not sure how this thread came to the topic of death of the thread. But if you are a supposed Franticshipping thread, I'd help keep it alive then complain that it's dying. Oh woe is you, ain't it?

In my opinion, I believe May was created to be a bit immature and young to model after Ash and how he use to be way back in the Kanto and Johto series just to see how the beginning trainer/coordinator is like even though Ash himself is still young. I cannot imagine May to be mature or any other way. You may find her annoying, but I find her character to contribute well to the anime.

DBoyWheeler

Legendary Seeker
Oh, and as Hoennshipping goes... for those who are on DeviantArt, there is currently a contest of drawing a Brendan/May kiss scene!

EnvyFrontier

Shinou Trainer
Oh, and as Hoennshipping goes... for those who are on DeviantArt, there is currently a contest of drawing a Brendan/May kiss scene!
Cool thanks for the info and again the tread is dead.

Debate:
Lets start already,Okay the rules are simple say a romantic scene of the the ship that you suport but the drabble most be realistic to the anime and manga the ship with more romantic drable will win to win you need 10 points so whoever ships gets the more drables wins.Okay

Houenshiping Franticshiping
0 0

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
...Havent said anything in here in some time........

Several reasons, first, I no longer have anything really "meaningful" to say anymore.

Second, i've been.....errrrr.......preoccupied with other stuff(*Cough*Pearl*cough*)

So.....

Originally posted by Patrickstar
Let's stop making random topics and lets do debate instead. Who wants to go against me? Let's find a topic to debte on!

Letss see, Franticshipping. I have arguementst that prove the ship was better when its not canon.

I won't debate against you, but i'll hear what you have to say, since i'm interested that you say that franticshipping was better when it wasen't canon

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Okay, so here we go.
First, I would like to ask you guys, how many people did actually think the confession between Ruby and Sapphire was innovative and tasteful?

Now, how do we treat a canon shipping? We dump it. Why? Because the fans usually lose the inspiration to support the shipping. Remeber that the whole point of Franticshipping and basically every other romantic relationship between characters in anime/manga is to prove that their pairing is real, and to estimate the time the acutalization of the shipping will occur. Now, we don't need to do the hint providing and many other "lovely" burdens anymore, Netkun did it for us. Was it good? Or let's rephrase the question this way: was it nearly as good as you hoped?

No.

Did anyone even see ANY fan works being posted up (okay, besides my pathetic little franticshipping which was created out of sheer boredum)? No. Most people already gave up on the ship just because it is canon and they are off to support other ships. The actualization of a ship destroys its image in a fan's heart.

Anyone? XD

GoldSilverCrys

Okay, so here we go.
First, I would like to ask you guys, how many people did actually think the confession between Ruby and Sapphire was innovative and tasteful?

Now, how do we treat a canon shipping? We dump it. Why? Because the fans usually lose the inspiration to support the shipping. Remeber that the whole point of Franticshipping and basically every other romantic relationship between characters in anime/manga is to prove that their pairing is real, and to estimate the time the acutalization of the shipping will occur. Now, we don't need to do the hint providing and many other "lovely" burdens anymore, Netkun did it for us. Was it good? Or let's rephrase the question this way: was it nearly as good as you hoped?

No.

Did anyone even see ANY fan works being posted up (okay, besides my pathetic little franticshipping which was created out of sheer boredum)? No. Most people already gave up on the ship just because it is canon and they are off to support other ships. The actualization of a ship destroys its image in a fan's heart.

Anyone? XD

WELL-You better stop flaming here, before i report you. and also, the main focus of hoennshipping is more on the manga, not the anime (and maybe the game endings for RSE.) so there.

Another topic to think about: Where would they live if they got together? Maybe Silver City. It's the Beverly Hills of trainers.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Goldsilvercry: How am I flaming? Explain your theory before accusing me of somthing. If you don't like this debate, deal with it.

Kanta-chan

The debate thing - We can't lose hope.

And Yuuki was in the anime...;_; Movie cameos, dammit!

But game-wise people ship this.

R/S/E is filled with hints, isn't it? That's what brought most of us together, isn't it?

-ahem- I'd honestly hate to see this thread die...it was my first real OTP, and I got tons of friends out of this thread...

-sigh-
=( I be agreeing. I don't want this thread to die. Even though I've been dead on here for a a while... yeesh. HS is teh OTP. <3

I miss those times of when HS fics were big... =(

Zycho32

Beginning Trainer
Not commenting on the debate in question- never played the games (most exposure I had was the original Red Version) nor read the manga. Only got introduced to Hoennshipping by a parody webcomic, so my opinions about a Brendan/May relationship are entirely from my imagination and nothing more.

I have yet to think of a romantic pairing in any format that was completely canon and was interesting after it became a fact. Then again, I sorely lack knowledge in this area and therefore cannot be an accurate judge. I imagine it's a "Journey is more Important then the Destination" sort of thing.

Patrickstar, this is a patheticly inadequate observation, but you seem to have misgivings about shipper groups in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.