• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoennshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marichi

@Kanta-chan: Mm, a song fic. Haven't seen one of those in a long time. Nice work. The storyline was a little...ambiguous? But it's still good. "I hate that I love you." ~ <333

@CC: oAo;; Aa...well, 11 and 12 is a bit young, so maybe it was a little too early for it mean anything more than just a present. The dude broke it? Well no wonder; he was probably jealous. xD Does that answer your question? :3
Oh, the link doesn't work. Dx

Do you guys want another batch of themes? I gave you two batches last week, so I wasn't going to give you a batch this week. ^^;

Theme songs...whether it's for just one or both... nothing. Dx

@Kanta-chan: Mm, a song fic. Haven't seen one of those in a long time. Nice work. The storyline was a little...ambiguous? But it's still good. "I hate that I love you." ~ <333

@CC: oAo;; Aa...well, 11 and 12 is a bit young, so maybe it was a little too early for it mean anything more than just a present. The dude broke it? Well no wonder; he was probably jealous. xD Does that answer your question? :3
Oh, the link doesn't work. Dx

Do you guys want another batch of themes? I gave you two batches last week, so I wasn't going to give you a batch this week. ^^;

Theme songs...whether it's for just one or both... nothing. Dx
Yeah, I don't see too many of them these days, either... At any rate, it was still pretty good. ^^

I know... ^^;; I was bit misguided at the time, I'll admit. Yes, he did, but I think he was just playing around with it. XD I suppose it does. ^^
Crap. ><;; It's not letting me do it for some reason... Just search "Code Geass OST 2" on YouTube, it's the second track.

Well, I was kinda hoping to be able to actually complete one before the next list came in... I'm not sure what the others think, though.

No worries there; it did kinda come out of nowhere, so I can see why it'd be tough to come up with something. ^^;; Honestly, I just pulled out the first energetic song I could come up with, making sure to pick one with male vocals to contrast with May's song. XD

Kanta-chan

The only time blood and vampires are sexy is in Vampire Knight. ;D Brendan can be Zero, teh poor boy whose family was killed by a vampire (and hates them), and May can be his guardian (playing Yuki).

Yay! Come to think of it, they actually sound a little bit alike, don't they? But, yeah, I miss Veronica Taylor, too. ;_; I don't mean to insult Ms. Knotz, but she's a rather poor substitute. ><
Lol, those Ash fans just won't leave you alone, huh? xP

I know! It's a truly a breach of justice! =O We should be nicer to him; lord knows the poor boy needs it.

You're welcome. Kanta shouldn't worry; it's one of those "ear worm" songs that get stuck in peoples' heads, and CC can definitely relate. ^^;;

EDIT: As my first act of kindness toward Brendan, perhaps I'll try giving him a theme of his own! Callin', by Mikio Sakai. (yes, it's from Code Geass again; bear with me. XD) I hope it's generic enough to fit, given his lack of characterisation; from what I can tell, it's about the singer and his friend/lover (read: May! xD) banding together and fighting for justice and/or a bright future... a stretch, I suppose, but it's something. ^^;
Kanta can't escape the wrath of those Ash fans. I stopped watching because of the the fact they changed VAs.

Yesh! *pats Brendan's head again* I always imagine his white hair to be fluffy. I can't see him having fluffy black hair for some reason*

It's just the chorus. It burrowed itself in my brain and laid eggs. ):

YESH! Brendan theme song yay! It fits very well and the song is catchy. :D

Brendan: Yay, people are nice to me~

The story is supposed to be ambiguous. O: Is Brendan leaving forever? How old are they now? Did they finish a journey through Hoenn? Kanto? Did they finish the Pokemon Academy and are getting ready to leave? Why is Brendan leaving May? Is he gonna come back? ;D So many questions...

Kanta wants another batch please Marichi-nee *holds out her hand as if she wants food*

Brendan and May's theme song? :D

Dark Sentry

Kenta gud trainer
HEllo i am joe loloololoololololollool

Well, after a few days of writers block, I got another drab together.

----

Brendan was topping a speed of about 75 as his fellow delinquent sat by his side. He could tell easily her stomach was in knots. Clammy hands and a tremble in her lips let him know she wasn't going to go through with this easily.

"Girl, you need to ease up!" broke the anxiety.

May looked up from the glove box, and just grinned at him. "I'm sorry... I'm really nervous. I just threw away a perfect attendance record for this year. My parents are gonna find out one way or another." She solemnly returned to her nervous state.

"Listen, I know you aren't feeling right about this, but understand that you do need to live a little. This isn't murder or anything, we are just playing a little hooky. Besides, if we get caught, I'll take the blame! I'll just say I made you go with me, which is pretty much the truth." he grinned.

"Really? But that would get you expelled for sure. I would rather just take my one-day suspension than you getting kicked out of school. You and I both need a good education." She leaned over to the door, and listened to the sound of roaring tires, looking at a rather spiffy SUV.

"They won't kick me out... I hope not at least. Let's just go get some breakfast, I am positive you are starving."

"You know me too well, Birch.

Marichi

I know... ^^;; I was bit misguided at the time, I'll admit. Yes, he did, but I think he was just playing around with it. XD I suppose it does. ^^
Crap. ><;; It's not letting me do it for some reason... Just search "Code Geass OST 2" on YouTube, it's the second track.

Well, I was kinda hoping to be able to actually complete one before the next list came in... I'm not sure what the others think, though.

No worries there; it did kinda come out of nowhere, so I can see why it'd be tough to come up with something. ^^;; Honestly, I just pulled out the first energetic song I could come up with, making sure to pick one with male vocals to contrast with May's song. XD
Mm... I still have yet to look the lyrics up. *has no idea what's going on* But it sounds nice. ;D

Fair enough; no worries. There's still a theme from the first batch that I still have yet to tackle. xD I guess the question I should of asked was how often would you like me to release these theme batches -weekly, bi-weekly, monthly?
The only time blood and vampires are sexy is in Vampire Knight. ;D Brendan can be Zero, teh poor boy whose family was killed by a vampire (and hates them), and May can be his guardian (playing Yuki).

Kanta can't escape the wrath of those Ash fans. I stopped watching because of the the fact they changed VAs.

The story is supposed to be ambiguous. O: Is Brendan leaving forever? How old are they now? Did they finish a journey through Hoenn? Kanto? Did they finish the Pokemon Academy and are getting ready to leave? Why is Brendan leaving May? Is he gonna come back? ;D So many questions...

Kanta wants another batch please Marichi-nee *holds out her hand as if she wants food*

Hehee~ That's what I think of when I read vampire. xDD

I stopped quite early because I found the story was really starting to drag. D: Although, things have probably changed by then.

Hm, in that case, when I read those sorts of questions and the content of your story "Sakura" by Ketsumeishi (lyrics translation) and "This Night" by Chemistry (lyrics translation) comes to my mind. ^^; Er... the PV for This Night is a bit depression and does not reflect what I meant. I'm after the song not the PV. Dx

Ah, let me think of some themes. In the mean time, I'll ask you the same question: how often would you like these theme batches to be released -weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly?

Hehee~ I <3 piano music. Wish it was longer though... I think it could work for Brendan and May's sweet quiet moments... *w*

----

Brendan was topping a speed of about 75 as his fellow delinquent sat by his side. He could tell easily her stomach was in knots. Clammy hands and a tremble in her lips let him know she wasn't going to go through with this easily.

"Girl, you need to ease up!" broke the anxiety.

May looked up from the glove box, and just grinned at him. "I'm sorry... I'm really nervous. I just threw away a perfect attendance record for this year. My parents are gonna find out one way or another." She solemnly returned to her nervous state.

"Listen, I know you aren't feeling right about this, but understand that you do need to live a little. This isn't murder or anything, we are just playing a little hooky. Besides, if we get caught, I'll take the blame! I'll just say I made you go with me, which is pretty much the truth." he grinned.

"Really? But that would get you expelled for sure. I would rather just take my one-day suspension than you getting kicked out of school. You and I both need a good education." She leaned over to the door, and listened to the sound of roaring tires, looking at a rather spiffy SUV.

"They won't kick me out... I hope not at least. Let's just go get some breakfast, I am positive you are starving."

"You know me too well, Birch.
Welcome back. I quite like this one too. c:<

Last edited:
Mm... I still have yet to look the lyrics up. *has no idea what's going on* But it sounds nice. ;D

Fair enough; no worries. There's still a theme from the first batch that I still have yet to tackle. xD I guess the question I should of asked was how often would you like me to release these theme batches -weekly, bi-weekly, monthly?
Hehee~ That's what I think of when I read vampire. xDD

I stopped quite early because I found the story was really starting to drag. D: Although, things have probably changed by then.

Hm, in that case, when I read those sorts of questions and the content of your story "Sakura" by Ketsumeishi lyrics translation) and "This Night" by Chemistry (lyrics translation) comes to my mind. ^^; Er... the PV for This Night is a bit depression and does not reflect what I meant. I'm after the song not the PV. Dx

Hehee~ I <3 piano music. Wish it was longer though... I think it could work for Brendan and May's sweet quiet moments... *w*

Welcome back. I quite like this one too. c:<

Yesh! *pats Brendan's head again* I always imagine his white hair to be fluffy. I can't see him having fluffy black hair for some reason*

It's just the chorus. It burrowed itself in my brain and laid eggs. ):

YESH! Brendan theme song yay! It fits very well and the song is catchy. :D

Brendan: Yay, people are nice to me~

@Marichi: I just realised why I can't get the link to work; the random letter/number sequence in the address happens to have the letters "f", "a", and "g" in it. =_=;; Stupid swear filter... look for "shadowEXE"'s channel, find the song there, and the lyrics are in the description box. I'm glad you still liked it, though. ^^

I can deal with weekly or bi-weekly just as well. C: I'll have plenty of time either way.
I actually thought of Blood+ first.

If you're referring to the Pokemon anime, then you have a very good point about the "drag" part. xD It has gotten slightly better in the Sinnoh arc (slightly, mind you; I still want my Lucas, already!), but sometimes it's like it can't figure out if it wants to be a serious show or a kiddy one. =/

Wow, that's quite a bit to listen to! @_@ I'll get back to you guys on them once I've heard it all.

Ooh, me, too! I get the feeling I'll enjoy this one. ^^

He did do quite a nice job, didn't he?

@DS: Very nice work! You're showing great improvement in all areas. :D

@Kanta: Hehe, more vampire talk. xD Blood+ comes to mind again. May can be Saya, and Brendan can be Hagi! It works oddly well, I think.

You stopped 'cause of that, too? I hope that means they aren't coming for me next! :O

I like the fluffy, too! ^^ Yeah, it doesn't work with black, for some reason. All this hair-talk is making me want to pat him too now! [pats]
Brendan: Gah, get your hands off my head! At least the others are girls; with you it's just weird!
Er, on second thought, maybe I'll leave the patting to you. xDD

Yeah, it can do that...

Yay! I'm glad you like it. ^^ And, apparently, he does, too. xD

Lots and lots of questions... but that just means more possibilities, hm? ;D

On second though, Marichi, perhaps you should make with the themes; Kanta here seems pretty anxious for 'em. xP

I rather like this one. ^^

Kanta-chan

[drabble cut for space]
I rather like the drabble. O: I like your interpretation of their relationship.

Hm, in that case, when I read those sorts of questions and the content of your story "Sakura" by Ketsumeishi (lyrics translation) and "This Night" by Chemistry (lyrics translation) comes to my mind. ^^; Er... the PV for This Night is a bit depression and does not reflect what I meant. I'm after the song not the PV. Dx

Ah, let me think of some themes. In the mean time, I'll ask you the same question: how often would you like these theme batches to be released -weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly?

Story is good now. Love triangle~

I love the lyrics to The Night (they kinda do remind me of my ambiguous song-drabble), but the Sakura PV is so cute! I can actually see Brendan and May as the two people in the video!

Every one to two weeks depending on the challenge... just as long as there are challenges.
Brendan: Oh gosh, more drabbles/scenes to be places in.
May: *hides behind Brendan* ;_;

Omg! I was thinking the same haha! Brendan and May firmly hold each others' hands as they gaze at what's ahead of them on top of a hill... *music plays in background*

Wow, that's quite a bit to listen to! @_@ I'll get back to you guys on them once I've heard it all.

@Kanta: Hehe, more vampire talk. xD Blood+ comes to mind again. May can be Saya, and Brendan can be Hagi! It works oddly well, I think.

I like the fluffy, too! ^^ Yeah, it doesn't work with black, for some reason. All this hair-talk is making me want to pat him too now! [pats]
Brendan: Gah, get your hands off my head! At least the others are girls; with you it's just weird!
Er, on second thought, maybe I'll leave the patting to you. xDD

Lots and lots of questions... but that just means more possibilities, hm? ;D

On second though, Marichi, perhaps you should make with the themes; Kanta here seems pretty anxious for 'em. xP
XD Yes, there is a pile of music. Probably more to come...

YES. Brendan can be overprotective of May. But he won't be as submissive as Hagi of course... well, at least I think so. He's too much of a hot head. *looks at Breezy's version of Brendan* Yeah... ^^;;;; As for May, I can't actually imagine her holding a sword (anime May). Unless she was the Breezy version of course. ;P

Okay! *touches his hair* Fluffy...
Brendan: No touchy! >< Only May can ruffle my hair... *turns pink*
May: :D *touches his hair* Fluffy...
Brendan: .-.

That's the whole point of ambiguity! <3

Yes, Kanta is restless. *picking on Brendan and May*

I rather like the drabble. O: I like your interpretation of their relationship.

I love the lyrics to The Night (they kinda do remind me of my ambiguous song-drabble), but the Sakura PV is so cute! I can actually see Brendan and May as the two people in the video!

Every one to two weeks depending on the challenge... just as long as there are challenges.
Brendan: Oh gosh, more drabbles/scenes to be places in.
May: *hides behind Brendan* ;_;

Omg! I was thinking the same haha! Brendan and May firmly hold each others' hands as they gaze at what's ahead of them on top of a hill... *music plays in background*

XD Yes, there is a pile of music. Probably more to come...

YES. Brendan can be overprotective of May. But he won't be as submissive as Hagi of course... well, at least I think so. He's too much of a hot head. *looks at Breezy's version of Brendan* Yeah... ^^;;;; As for May, I can't actually imagine her holding a sword (anime May). Unless she was the Breezy version of course. ;P

Okay! *touches his hair* Fluffy...
Brendan: No touchy! >< Only May can ruffle my hair... *turns pink*
May: :D *touches his hair* Fluffy...
Brendan: .-.

That's the whole point of ambiguity! <3

Yes, Kanta is restless. *picking on Brendan and May*
I thought about the same. ^^ He seems to be good at putting a new spin on things.

I really do need to take a look at this stuff... I would now, but I need to get to work soon, and I'm doing a thousand and one other things as it is. ^^;; It all sounds lovely, though.

Sounds like a plan! Besides, the more challenges there are, the better the chances are that I'll find one that truly stimulates my creativity. =D

Piano music just seems to work with Brendan and May. I imagine it has something to do with the end song from R/S/E.

Oh, goody! XD Luckily for me, I like music.

Damn, I'm on roll with these ideas; everyone seems to like them! =D Little voice: And yet you still can't seem to write an actual drabble or one-shot... <_< Quiet, you. Anyhoo, yes, our overprotective Brendan would make a nice Hagi. As for the non-submissive thing, I think it actually works to his advantage; unlike real Hagi, Breezy's/our hot-blooded Brendan would probably be able to put those claws to good use in battle, instead of just getting impaled all the time. xDD
Anime-May with a sword confuses me. ^^;; Breezy-May, though (or possibly Sapphire, too), fits it to a "T".

Oh, I see why, now! The whole time, he wanted it so that only May could touch his hair; how cute! <3
Brendan: ... [hides]

Which is exactly why I like it. ^^

I can see that. XD

Dark Sentry

Kenta gud trainer
Gee, Sure am gald everyone <3's my drabblesz. What the heck I'll put up part three then get to topics and shizzle.

-------

18 wheelers slowly lost pace as Brendan hauled 75 down the old interstate. Him and May were almost to the next boom town, and his stomach was craving a good omelet. The morning-lazy effect was beginning to kick in, and he was getting quite sleepy. He was also feeling really lucky today. Skipping class, a beautiful girl by his side, not alot could go wrong.

May was still aside her self, a little shaky, and began to be irritated by road noise. On top of that, she could hear someone squirming around in the cab.

"Brendan could you stop moving so much?"

"It's not me... I thought it was you."

"Stop this isn't funny...." she paused and looked in the back seat, and there sat a saggy-brown haired, Brendan's best friend... Joe

"Ohai!!!" :D

"What in the hell are you going back there?!" yelled Brendan, swirving and jerking everyone in the truck. "Get your damn belt on!"

"Lol kk... I thought you knew I was asleep back here." meekly replied Joe, strapping himself into the seat directly behind May. She was almost in tears, Joe had scared her so bad.

"Remember, I callededed you last night and was like, bo, Brendan my parents are out of town and I don't have a key... Can I stay at your place?" started Joe.
"Well, you said noe, but I figured I'll just sleep in the back and go to school tomorrow. 'Twas a rough *** night."

"What? Why the hell... How did you even get in?!" demanded Brendan, now on the side of the road with caution lights flaring.

"I jimmied 'said lock'." Joe replied, while crackling up. "How'd you get Homegirl to ride with you?"

"Wha..?" May retorted, still confused as to what was happening.

"Homegirl? I told you to STFU about that stuff, she ain't homegirl." Brendan threw an empty water bottle at is head, knocking Joe upside it.

"Well, hell dude... I didn't think shizzle was gonna go down like this. See first I was going to ask Cody, but apparently he isn't mah bovice so he didn't answer 'said phone'. I'm sorry man, oh didn't you say something about going to breakfast? Tell ya what, I'll pay if we go to make up for the chaos..."

"Yeah ok, but seriously, never do this again. I seriously almost rear ended that Honda Civic back there. I just fixed this truck and I'll be damned if it gets torn up for good. May are you gonna be ok?"

"Yeah yeah... I am fine, still a little nervous and stuff."

"Why are you nervous, homegirl?" Brendan stared death into Joe's eyes, but was only returned with that dumbass smile he always had on.

"It's her first time skipping school, she's got a weak stomach and cold feet."

"Well, ain't nuthin' like a good ol' Waffle House. Whaddaya say guys?"

They both smiled at their loony friend, and Brendan started up the vehicle, merged and drove on.

Last edited:
Well, you deserve every bit. ^^ Keep up the good work!

As for this one, it's rather nice, too! You have a knack for thinking up interesting new situations; I'm not sure if I'd ever have come up with some of these ideas. Probably because I try too hard to come up with overly-dramatic stuff. XD

The ending's a bit random, but overall, still good.

Kanta-chan

DS: I agree with CC about the random ending, but lol funny.

It sounds like something the Hoennshippers would do though (stalk Brendan and May that his *wink*)

Sounds like a plan! Besides, the more challenges there are, the better the chances are that I'll find one that truly stimulates my creativity. =D Damn, I'm on roll with these ideas; everyone seems to like them! =D Little voice: And yet you still can't seem to write an actual drabble or one-shot... <_< Quiet, you.

Piano music just seems to work with Brendan and May. I imagine it has something to do with the end song from R/S/E.

Anyhoo, yes, our overprotective Brendan would make a nice Hagi. As for the non-submissive thing, I think it actually works to his advantage; unlike real Hagi, Breezy's/our hot-blooded Brendan would probably be able to put those claws to good use in battle, instead of just getting impaled all the time. xDD
Anime-May with a sword confuses me. ^^;; Breezy-May, though (or possibly Sapphire, too), fits it to a "T".

Oh, I see why, now! The whole time, he wanted it so that only May could touch his hair; how cute! <3
Brendan: ... [hides]
XD You really need to write something. You have so many ideas! ... Kanta has a proposal. Since you have so many ideas, wanna help me with Hoennshippy Chaos (when I write it that is...)? O: It seems to me that you give great ideas, and I work off of them...! We'd make the perfect team!
Brendan and May: ... Oh no. They're collaborating against us. *hides*

Yes they do! *points at the Ru/Sa/Em ending. The piano playing in the background on the bike ride home... <3. I wanna ride a one-shot on that game ending. *sigh*

XD I wouldn't make Sapphire/non-anime May with a sword POed lawl. Haha, our/Breezy's Brendan would scare people with claws... he wouldn't even need to fight anyone. xD But as for 'submissive', I meant that he wouldn't exactly say "Yes May" all the time. He'd probably ignore her and do things his way... (or as I said earlier, he MIGHT listen to her because she has a sword xDD)

Oh noes, we're picking on Brendan again! DDDD: It's too hard to NOT pick on him. xD;; Someone draw a picture of May ruffling Brendan's fluffy white hair~ :3

Dark Sentry

Kenta gud trainer
Kantarrrrr - no esta drawing skills.
It's also a rule for me not to pick on girls, so May is pretty much out of my line of fire. Read the updated drabbel, I think its got a good laugh in it, and maybe you can get some ideas for some chaos (get da hint?)

Codeh - Don't try to hard, just apply everyday situations, with a little bit of crazyness.

Marichi - So glad you like my work now :D But yours is still topping mine,mainly because I can't think up more than two paragraphs without getting bored.

Kantarrrrr - no esta drawing skills.
It's also a rule for me not to pick on girls, so May is pretty much out of my line of fire. Read the updated drabbel, I think its got a good laugh in it, and maybe you can get some ideas for some chaos (get da hint?)

Codeh - Don't try to hard, just apply everyday situations, with a little bit of crazyness.

It sounds like something the Hoennshippers would do though (stalk Brendan and May that his *wink*)

XD You really need to write something. You have so many ideas! ... Kanta has a proposal. Since you have so many ideas, wanna help me with Hoennshippy Chaos (when I write it that is...)? O: It seems to me that you give great ideas, and I work off of them...! We'd make the perfect team!
Brendan and May: ... Oh no. They're collaborating against us. *hides*

Yes they do! *points at the Ru/Sa/Em ending. The piano playing in the background on the bike ride home... <3. I wanna ride a one-shot on that game ending. *sigh*

XD I wouldn't make Sapphire/non-anime May with a sword POed lawl. Haha, our/Breezy's Brendan would scare people with claws... he wouldn't even need to fight anyone. xD But as for 'submissive', I meant that he wouldn't exactly say "Yes May" all the time. He'd probably ignore her and do things his way... (or as I said earlier, he MIGHT listen to her because she has a sword xDD)

Oh noes, we're picking on Brendan again! DDDD: It's too hard to NOT pick on him. xD;; Someone draw a picture of May ruffling Brendan's fluffy white hair~ :3
@DS: I try to be nice to girls, too; I'm chivalrous like that. xD Which is not to say I'm above messing around with May a bit, but never in any kind of damaging way. ^^
I read the updated one; there's more than I thought! XD And... did "Joe" mention me at one point? If he did, cool! The rest is pretty funny, too. The vernacular was a bit tough to decipher (if my current speech pattern wasn't an indicator, I'm not exactly up to date on my slang. ^^;; ), but I think it actually made it funnier.

Sounds like good advice! I'll try to aim a bit closer to Earth, like you said, and see where it goes from there.

@Kanta: You're right... it does, doesn't it?

I know, I know! I just need to finish my work before it gets too late for once... ^^;; CC really would like to implement his many ideas, so in addition to writing his own work, he would be glad to help with HC! I've always wanted to be a creative consultant for someone, and this is just my kind of project. =D Yes, the perfect team! I eagerly await it.
Brendan & May: [cowering in the corner] Please, tell us when it's over...

I loved that part, too. <3 Especially the song! I think there used to be a couple of one-shots about the ending sequence on FF.net, but they've all been deleted... Aw, now I wanna make one, too!

Honestly, I wouldn't want to mess with either! xDD Yeah, I know what you mean there; instead of just hanging around May and being a yes-man, maybe he would always be scouting ahead and looking for potential threats. You know, 'cause of the overprotective thing and all. XD

Oh, the horror! D: Though, you are right about it being hard not to pick on him... xD I'd love to see that, too! Now, if only one of us could draw...

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
So much, tried to read, but too goddamn lazy.

so, this is what I picked out:

Originally posted by Kana
About the voice actor for Brendan, CC, that clip of Lelouch (?) was OK (more suited to Brendan than that character judging from looks, IMO!). The Japanese voice actor made him sound more sinister. Like Gin from BLEACH. *shudders*

Funny you mention that when this piece of fanart exists

Granted it's Ruby, but tell me that does not look like Gin.

and I could have sworn that there was a Brendan tribute somewhere on youtube.

It could have been ad Brendan/Ruby tribute...

Kanta-chan

CC Chips said:
I know, I know! I just need to finish my work before it gets too late for once... ^^;; CC really would like to implement his many ideas, so in addition to writing his own work, he would be glad to help with HC! I've always wanted to be a creative consultant for someone, and this is just my kind of project. =D Yes, the perfect team! I eagerly await it.
Brendan & May: [cowering in the corner] Please, tell us when it's over...

I loved that part, too. <3 Especially the song! I think there used to be a couple of one-shots about the ending sequence on FF.net, but they've all been deleted... Aw, now I wanna make one, too!

Honestly, I wouldn't want to mess with either! xDD Yeah, I know what you mean there; instead of just hanging around May and being a yes-man, maybe he would always be scouting ahead and looking for potential threats. You know, 'cause of the overprotective thing and all. XD

Oh, the horror! D: Though, you are right about it being hard not to pick on him... xD I'd love to see that, too! Now, if only one of us could draw...
Ah, the humor that will come out of HC. *looks at DS's drabbles* So humorous. I might use some of that... not the slang of course. *will sound like a dumdum if she tried slang* o:

D: I can't find any based off of that little scene either. =/

Let's just hope May doesn't interpret that he's lazy/ditching her, when he's really off fighting off... uhh... Team Aqua/Magma. *nodnod*

*shifty eyes* LH WHERE ARE YOUUU~

Healing-D-Vision said:

Oh yeah I saw that Ruby/Brendan tribute somewhere. Youtube is slow for me now so I can't look. :[ There are a couple of Franticshipping tributes too...

o_o Ruby looks ebil.

Marichi

@Kanta-tan: Ok, just for you, here's the batch for this week. c:

11. private laughter
12. King's game*
13. Orange Day**
14. limits
15. telephone booth

*King's game -it's a party game, but I'm sure you can think of something for Brendan and May. Each round everyone draws a straw. On the end of the straws there's either a number or a red dot. Straws with a number are the loyal subjects while the one straw with the red dot is the king. Remember the king's rule is absolute! So whatever the king orders, the servant must obey...for that one round. xD

**It looks like we missed Orange Day -April 14th, I think. Seems to be another holiday similar to Valentine's Day and White Day... :/

Love triangle? When did this happen?

I so want to draw HS fan art right now...

@CC-kun: I took a look at your song again. The lyrics fits perfectly! xD

@DS: CC's right though. You are getting better. I've always thought of drabbles to be really short -even just one paragraph will do. If it gets too long, then it's a one-shot, imo. Mm... I guess if you think of it like a haiku -don't be so restricted to form but rather the thought and feeling you want to express in one breath.

Last edited:

Prepare to feel like that a lot from now on, because the storms of posts we make every day probably won't let up any time soon. xD

Uh, wow... that is a pretty uncanny likeness. If he weren't making such a nice gesture, I'd almost expect the next words out of his mouth to be "Shoot to kill, Shinso!".

I think I remember seeing something like that once, but not what was specifically in it...

Ah, the humor that will come out of HC. *looks at DS's drabbles* So humorous. I might use some of that... not the slang of course. *will sound like a dumdum if she tried slang* o:

D: I can't find any based off of that little scene either. =/

Let's just hope May doesn't interpret that he's lazy/ditching her, when he's really off fighting off... uhh... Team Aqua/Magma. *nodnod*

*shifty eyes* LH WHERE ARE YOUUU~

Oh yeah I saw that Ruby/Brendan tribute somewhere. Youtube is slow for me now so I can't look. :[ There are a couple of Franticshipping tributes too...

o_o Ruby looks ebil.
It will be magnificent! XD Yes, we can keep the good ideas and leave out the colloquialisms. [same here. ^^;;]

Like I said, I think they were all deleted. D: Sad, because I think at least a couple of them were pretty good. Almost all of them depicted May as the Champion, though... one more trend to buck once I try my own hand at it. xD

That's why good communication is necessary! If May knows Brendan's scouting ahead, things should go swimmingly. Well, for them; not so much the bad guys...

Wherever she is, we should be sure to ask her when she gets back!

You did? What was it about? I saw the Franticshipping ones, too; there seemed to be more of them, probably since there are more images of Ruby and Sapphire floating around to use.

Almost unsettling to look at... yet still somehow cool. o_O

Marichi-nee said:
[themes go here]

I so want to draw HS fan art right now...

@CC-kun: I took a look at your song again. The lyrics fits perfectly! xD

@DS: CC's right though. You are getting better. I've always thought of drabbles to be really short -even just one paragraph will do. If it gets too long, then it's a one-shot, imo. Mm... I guess if you think of it like a haiku -don't be so restricted to form but rather the thought and feeling you want to express in one breath.
I may well make use of these new themes, too; I have been hoping for fresh ideas. ^^ They sound intriguing enough... now, I just need to think of how to use 'em!

Hey, if you want to and you've got some ideas, go for it! =D

Thanks! I sure have got a good eye (ear?) for this stuff, hm?

One of my problems when trying to write a drabble is that it always gets too long. I just seem to have trouble conveying a full story in drabble form... apparently, I'm just fine with one-shots, though.

Marichi

One of my problems when trying to write a drabble is that it always gets too long. I just seem to have trouble conveying a full story in drabble form... apparently, I'm just fine with one-shots, though.
oAo;; Eh?! Well if you're worried about it being too long, don't. xD We've had some pretty long ones in the past, and they worked well. Don't worry; you'll do just fine. c:

DONE! Dx
Aa, but it's so messy~

Last edited:
oAo;; Eh?! Well if you're worried about it being too long, don't. xD We've had some pretty long ones in the past, and they worked well. Don't worry; you'll do just fine. c:

DONE! Dx
Aa, but it's so messy~
Really? Well, if you say so. ^^ That's actually rather fortunate news, since I finally happen to have something (which I'm posting beneath these replies)! And it happens to be rather long. xD Although, honestly, not as long as I thought it was (though certainly way past "drabble"-length). Thank you for the encouragement; it looks to have finally payed off!

Ooh... Wow, that's actually really good! Don't worry, I don't think it's messy at all. C: Of course, I'm a terrible artist, so I don't really know what qualifies as "messy"... ^^;; But, I still like it. And I'm sure Kanta will, too, since it's just what she was saying she wanted to see earlier!

Okay, story time! I kinda-sorta used the "love/hate" theme from the set of themes before the current one... it's kinda hard to pick up on, though. ^^;; Whatever, here it is:

---

‘May…’

Once again, the name crept into his thoughts. As he lay in bed, the boy tried his best to suppress it, but sure enough, it came to him once more. A name he both adored and loathed, belonging to a being whom he found simultaneously sublime and repugnant.

‘Get it together, Brendan… I thought we were past this! I just need to think happy thoughts, that’s all…’ Turning around slightly, he drew a small, colourful book from the shelf on the headboard, opening it up and trying very hard to focus on the text and illustrations within. Still, thoughts of her persisted.

‘Dammit… get out of my head!’ He stared even harder at the book, straining his crimson-hued eyes as he tried to read in the sparse light. “Boy, I am sure am enjoying this…” he said aloud, to no one in particular. “Yep… focusing on the story, not on… other things.”

The words and pictures began to blur together as his mind drifted, forming incomprehensible squiggles on the pages and thwarting his attempts to continue reading. ‘This is impossible,’ he thought. ‘How much longer can I go without thinking about… ?’

“You know what?” said Brendan aloud, as if expecting the nothingness around him to answer. “I’m bored with this now. I think I’ll just… go to sleep. Yeah, that’s it…” He placed the book back on the shelf and switched off the light, hoping to escape his thoughts in the dark void of dreamless sleep.

Hoping to fall asleep as quickly as possible, he wrenched his eyes shut and tried to clear his mind of all thoughts. In the darkness and silence, however, they only intensified. Fragments of long-past conversations flitted through his head, punctuated by the steady tick-tock of the clock.

‘… please understand… me, not you, I swear… hope we can still be…but you’ll stay, right…’ The words in his head seemed to rise in volume, as did the sound of the clock. As the minutes passed by, they built to an unbearable din, as deafening as silent thoughts and a tiny noise could possibly be.

‘… I give up. In spite of all that’s happened, I just can’t stay away any longer…’ Feeling a strange mixture of defeat and liberation, he switched the light back on, grabbed his PokeNav, and dialed a familiar number. He desperately hoped for a reply; it was not likely, considering how late it was.

His heart seemed to skip a beat as the ringing ceased, replaced by a bewildered voice. “Huh… Brendan? W-what is it? It’s 2 o’clock in the morning…”

“I know, and I’m sorry…” He drew a deep breath. “But you see… we need to talk”

“Hm? Ah, okay… I’m listening…”

---

Okay, my thoughts after writing that: "Wow, where did that come from?" xD I always imagine writing bright, happy stuff, and then when I actually write something, it comes out as some kind of weirdo mindscrew fic. At least it was sorta optimistic toward the end...

Dark Sentry

Kenta gud trainer
Really? Well, if you say so. ^^ That's actually rather fortunate news, since I finally happen to have something (which I'm posting beneath these replies)! And it happens to be rather long. xD Although, honestly, not as long as I thought it was (though certainly way past "drabble"-length). Thank you for the encouragement; it looks to have finally payed off!

Ooh... Wow, that's actually really good! Don't worry, I don't think it's messy at all. C: Of course, I'm a terrible artist, so I don't really know what qualifies as "messy"... ^^;; But, I still like it. And I'm sure Kanta will, too, since it's just what she was saying she wanted to see earlier!

Okay, story time! I kinda-sorta used the "love/hate" theme from the set of themes before the current one... it's kinda hard to pick up on, though. ^^;; Whatever, here it is:

---

‘May…’

Once again, the name crept into his thoughts. As he lay in bed, the boy tried his best to suppress it, but sure enough, it came to him once more. A name he both adored and loathed, belonging to a being whom he found simultaneously sublime and repugnant.

‘Get it together, Brendan… I thought we were past this! I just need to think happy thoughts, that’s all…’ Turning around slightly, he drew a small, colourful book from the shelf on the headboard, opening it up and trying very hard to focus on the text and illustrations within. Still, thoughts of her persisted.

‘Dammit… get out of my head!’ He stared even harder at the book, straining his crimson-hued eyes as he tried to read in the sparse light. “Boy, I am sure am enjoying this…” he said aloud, to no one in particular. “Yep… focusing on the story, not on… other things.”

The words and pictures began to blur together as his mind drifted, forming incomprehensible squiggles on the pages and thwarting his attempts to continue reading. ‘This is impossible,’ he thought. ‘How much longer can I go without thinking about… ?’

“You know what?” said Brendan aloud, as if expecting the nothingness around him to answer. “I’m bored with this now. I think I’ll just… go to sleep. Yeah, that’s it…” He placed the book back on the shelf and switched off the light, hoping to escape his thoughts in the dark void of dreamless sleep.

Hoping to fall asleep as quickly as possible, he wrenched his eyes shut and tried to clear his mind of all thoughts. In the darkness and silence, however, they only intensified. Fragments of long-past conversations flitted through his head, punctuated by the steady tick-tock of the clock.

‘… please understand… me, not you, I swear… hope we can still be…but you’ll stay, right…’ The words in his head seemed to rise in volume, as did the sound of the clock. As the minutes passed by, they built to an unbearable din, as deafening as silent thoughts and a tiny noise could possibly be.

‘… I give up. In spite of all that’s happened, I just can’t stay away any longer…’ Feeling a strange mixture of defeat and liberation, he switched the light back on, grabbed his PokeNav, and dialed a familiar number. He desperately hoped for a reply; it was not likely, considering how late it was.

His heart seemed to skip a beat as the ringing ceased, replaced by a bewildered voice. “Huh… Brendan? W-what is it? It’s 2 o’clock in the morning…”

“I know, and I’m sorry…” He drew a deep breath. “But you see… we need to talk”

“Hm? Ah, okay… I’m listening…”

---

Okay, my thoughts after writing that: "Wow, where did that come from?" xD I always imagine writing bright, happy stuff, and then when I actually write something, it comes out as some kind of weirdo mindscrew fic. At least it was sorta optimistic toward the end...

Cody, this piece is absolutely marverlous. Highly detailed, it had be constantly hanging of to the next sentence. I want to find out what happened. I envy this drabble. Time for retaliation.
---

Brendan pulled into the Waffle House parking lot, tired and hungry from their morning journey. Alongside him was May, a newbie skipper, and Joe, his best friend. May had actually drifted into a bit of a nap from worrying herself. Joe had popped in his iPod and began humming a song from the 80's era. Brendan quickly managed to find a parking space near the front entrance, and he backed into it. Turning to his right, he shook May's shoulder a little, trying to get her to awaken.

"...sniff...Yeah yeah I'm up.." she wearily spoke. Joe was already outside the cab, stretching out and shaking off the morning yuck. Brendan pulled out his fairly new Poketch, and saw that it was only 8:30 AM.

Brendan started as he opened the door for May, "Hey guys, its only 8:30, we have plenty of time. Let's go grab a bite and head to the mall or something."
Joe grimaced at the thought of the mall. He knew his good pal had a soft spot for May, and wasn't too shy about hiding it. He figured as long as he didn't have to buy stuff for her to make up for the morning surprise, he would survive the day. Right before Brendan got to the door, he forgot something inside the vehicle. "Joe, May, I forgot to put my Pokemon back in the backseat, you guys want me to take them?"

"I left mine at home, Shindaqwil wasn't gonna do anything anyway. He has an issue listening to me... if ya get da hint."

"Brendan, I just have Bwazy(Blazy for you haters), but I'll hold onto her."

"Ok that's cool, I'll just hold on to the Mudster then." said Brendan as he held the door open for his companions. He looked back at that Silverado one time, and a gut-twisting worry came over his head, as if something was going to go bad today. He quickly shuck off the paranoia and proceeded in the diner.

A blonde-haired woman, very attractive by Joe's standards, greeted them as he walked in. Brendan noticed his ADHD positive friend flirting with her as he took his seat beside May.

"Hey baby, I need ta buy some breakfast here for me and my comrades, and if ya get it in a jiffy, I'll leave ya a nice tip ." -wink- She smiled back, a nervous and very puzzled grin at that.

"Joe, get the hell over here." Brendan shouted from the table

"Yes, sire..." Joe walked over and sat across Brendan and May. He grabbed the menus behind the condiments and politely passed them out to his friends.
May began to study the menu, looking for pancakes and thinking about a side with eggs and grits or maybe bacon and toast. Brendan was a little nervous and feeling shy. This was the closest he had ever sat to May and he was enjoying it. Joe noticed this, and began to give his homie a very evil grin. >:)

"Sooo... Have y'all decided yet?" broke the silence. The blond waitress stood over the three friends, almost ignoring Joe.

May started, "Yes ma'am, I want to get the two pancakes with some grits and toast for the side. And just a water to drink, please."

"Alrighty." sounded the waitress, with a heavy country accent.

"I would enjoy a waffle with some bacon and scrambled eggs, and a coffee to drink." spoke up the flirtatious customer.

"And for you, young man?"

"Just some oatmeal and a coke... I don't feel to hungry..." Brendan replied.

"Well, I'll go to the back and prepare your meals up. Thank y'all." spoke the hick woman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.