• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoennshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marichi

CC said:
Wow...once again, your intricate knowledge of Japanese cultural stuff knows no bounds. xDD The game itself actually sounds pretty fun, if a bit complex. And, the whole "one in a million" thing is quite romantic, even if it is pulled off in a rather roundabout fashion.
Nah, I just happen to hear the story while volunteering at a local art gallery when the Arts of Edo Japan exhibition was on. With the way the art director explained it, it sounded way more romantic. ^^;

You do? Oh, cool! I was afraid it'd sound like too much of a "guy-thing". ^^;;
Not really, or at least, not for me. I guess it's just more common for guys to go for the action figures while girls go for... dolls? They seem pretty much up to par, imo...

Hm, what would be a HS sound... other than the two of them bickering, that's all I can think of... :/

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
All this talk and no action?

Well, after browsing through the first HS thread, I decided to give a teaser of an old drabble I made.

Out of all my old ones. This and the diary ones remain my favorite.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the best time of day, and the best time of the week. It was a Friday, and it was after school, which means, time for the weekend. Two whole days of no homework, sleeping in, and just flat out having fun. After all, thats what kids do. One girl was seen skipping on her merry way home from school, after doing her after school studies, the girl wore a white skirt that went down to her knees, and wearing a really big burgundy sweater with a white scarf around her neck, humming as she skipped along the road, this happy-go-lucky, carefree, seeming girl was known as May. After skipping for a while she came across a park that was really close to her house, she noticed how the sun was lazily setting over the hill beyond the park, May just watched in awe, despite living here all her life, she had never seen anything this beautiful. May decided to sit near a big tree and just admire the scene for some time.

Not too far from where May was sitting, there were a group of young boys playing a game of baseball. A friendly after school game between classmates. One boy began walking up to the home plate (which was a backpack) getting ready to bat, all the boys on the opposing team saw this boy and knew that this was bad, for this boy was a good hitter and could hit far, really far, "GUYS, GET BACK, BRENDAN IS BATTING!" Yelled the pitcher.

Brendan wore navy blue pants along with a bright red short-sleeve shirt with a black long sleeve under shirt and he sported a black cap that covered his white hair. He began to take some practice swings as he slowy got into his batting stance. several kids on his team sitting on the side started yelling out to him "C'MON BRENDAN, YOU CAN DO IT!"

"YEA HIT IT OUT OF THIS WORLD, AND DON'T GET OUT, WE ALREADY HAVE TWO SO IF YOU DO, WE LOSE, AND I DON'T WANT TO GIVE THEM OUR LUNCH MONEY FOR THE NEXT WEEK!!" Yelled the next boy. There was silence, as the pitcher carefully watched the catchers hand signs as to what pitch to throw, then finally, the pitch.

*CLINK*

The sound of a ball getting hit by a metal bat was heard all by all of the boys playing as the ball flew up high in the air and deep into the outfield "DAMNIT!" was all the pitcher could say as he threw his glove on the ground, all the other kids were cheering for Brendan, as he ran around the feild that was made by the kids. As the players in the outfield ran for the ball, they noticed that it was heading toward a big tree and they noticed May sitting near it admiring a small batch of flowers.

"HEY, LOOKOUT!" was all they could say to her

May looked up to see the boys running toward her yelling something and pointing into the air, but she couldn't make out what they were saying "I wonder what they are talking abo......" she couldn't finish as she looked up in the air and saw a ball flying toward her and then....

*CLUNK*

The ball had hit her right on her forehead, knocking her out instantly. Before reaching home plate, Brendan saw this as well as the other boys and quickly ran over there to see what had happened to the girl. They all gathered around her, looking at her as if she was a dead body, especially Brendan, after all, it was him who did this.

"Is she dead?" One of the boys asked

"No she's not dead, she's still breathing, stupid." Answered back one of the boys

"What do we do?" Asked one of the boys worryingly "should we wake her up?"

"Yea, lets do that." Agreed one of the boys. So they tried to shake her into waking up, but no dice "It's not working."

"I know, I remember on T.V they did this thing called CPR, to wake up people." said one boy, "It's where you blow air into the other persons mouth until they wake up, and if it's on T.V, it HAS to work!"

All the boys looked at each other, what other choice did they have? They were scared of going to an adult for fear that they would tell their parents and then they'd get in trouble "But I don't want cooties!" yelled one boy

"You won't get cooties, because Brendan is going to do it." said one boy

"ME!?" said Brendan looking scared "Why me?"

"Because you were the one who hit her with the ball, so you gotta do it." Replied the boy

"..........I guess.........." said Brendan, he had no choice, he got down on his knees and got closer to her face, then he noticed something, she was cute. Maybe this wasn't going to be all that bad after all. Their faces were only inches apart, Brendan's face began to blush as his face got closer and closer to May's, Brendan's heart started to beat faster, 'would this be considered as a kiss?' He thought, and then the predictable had happened. May had opened her eyes.

"AHHHHHHH!!!" May screamed

"AHHHHHHHH!!!" Brendan yelled as he fell backward and May trying to crawl away but she was surrounded by the boys so she had nowhere to go.

"wha,... Whats going on!?" May asked in a panic. "why are you all here and why does my head hurt, AND WHY DID YOU TRY TO KISS ME!?" May demanded

Brendan sat up and started to explain, "Calm down, I wasn't trying to kiss you, I was trying to save you, I was trying to do CPR because a ball hit you on the head and you wouldn't wake up." He finished hoping that she would believe him.

"Why did you hit me with a ball?" Asked May feeling her forehead to find a rather large lump.

"It was an accident, the ball flew up in the air and you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time." Said one of the boys.

"Oh, ow, my head, it hurts." said May, tears started to come down her face. Then Brendan had an idea, he ran back to his backpack, and pulled out his lunch box, and opened it and pulled out a small ice package that was used to keep his lunch cool and came back.

"Here, my dad says that it you put something cold on a bump, it's supposed to go down, or make it feel better, one of the two." He said as he applied the pack to her forehead.

".....Thank you" Said May, noticing the boy who had just helped her, she thought he was cute, real cute, and nice and caring seeing that he was helping her feel better, she then put her hand on Brendan's to apply pressure to the pack. They locked eyes for the first time and sparks started to fly, for they both blushed at the mere sight of each other "Um..I never did get your name."

"Oh, my name is Brendan." Brendan replied "Here, i'll walk you home" He offered his hand to May's so that she could get up, she accepted it while still blushing.

As they started to walk off, one of the boys ran up to Brendan "Hey Brendan."

"What?" Brendan asked as he saw the boy tap him on shoulder with his glove that held a baseball.

"you're out."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

basically, just to give some time for my new drabble/oneshot.
So, look out for it/

Nah, I just happen to hear the story while volunteering at a local art gallery when the Arts of Edo Japan exhibition was on. With the way the art director explained it, it sounded way more romantic. ^^;

Not really, or at least, not for me. I guess it's just more common for guys to go for the action figures while girls go for... dolls? They seem pretty much up to par, imo...

Hm, what would be a HS sound... other than the two of them bickering, that's all I can think of... :/
Oh, okay, I see. It's still impressive how well you remembered all that. ^^ I gotta see if I can't find a job like that, too...

Really? You know, now that I think about it, it seems less like a "guy" thing (at least the specific kind of figures I meant) and more of an "otaku" thing. xD At least it could appeal to both genders that way, hm?
As for dolls, I didn't exactly have that in mind as the alternative, but I suppose it could work, too.

That would be...interesting, to say the least. XD Maybe instead it could play a snippet of the R/S/E Rival Theme?

HDV said:
All this talk and no action?

Well, after browsing through the first HS thread, I decided to give a teaser of an old drabble I made.

Out of all my old ones. This and the diary ones remain my favorite.
Give it some time. ^^;;

You know, I don't recall ever getting very well acquainted with your work in the old thread...oh, well; never to late to start, I suppose? I'll let you know what I think of this one as soon as I read it (it's a tad long and I'm trying to get this post in quickly).

EDIT: Given its age and all, it's actually pretty good! ^^ Granted, the CPR-thing is a rather well-worn scenario, but the execution (using the whole baseball thing as the catalyst) was quite original. Oh, and I noticed that you apparently hadn't joined the "Brendan's hair is black"-club yet when you wrote this. =P I wonder what your new drabble will be like...?
Which reminds me; I still need to finish mine...

Last edited:

Marichi

@HDV: D': I missed out on some good stuff in the old thread. That was a really good one shot, and I can see why it would be your favorite. :3

@CC: Can't? o:
Yup, definitely an otaku thing. >D
Rival theme would work. lol For some reason I was thinking of the battle theme. Now that would be something to wake up to.

25. distant look

Wally opened his mouth to say something, but after seeing the distant look in May's eyes, he shut it. As much as he wanted to get her attention, he knew it was futile. There was no need for him to follow her gaze. Even though he stood tall in front of May, the person that was closest to her heart and reflected in her eyes was not him. Averting his gaze, his eyes softened while a melancholic smile crept over his face. How he envied Brendan...

Dx bleh...

Last edited:
@HDV: D': I missed out on some good stuff in the old thread. That was a really good one shot, and I can see why it would be your favorite. :3

@CC: Can't? o:
Yup, definitely an otaku thing. >D
Rival theme would work. lol For some reason I was thinking of the battle theme. Now that would be something to wake up to.

25. distant look

Wally opened his mouth to say something, but after seeing the distant look in May's eyes, he shut it. As much as he wanted to get her attention, he knew it was futile. There was no need for him to follow her gaze. Even though he stood tall in front of May, the person that was closest to her heart and reflected in her eyes was not him. Averting his gaze, his eyes softened while a melancholic smile crept over his face. How he envied Brendan...

Dx bleh...
Geez louise, is this thread inactive! I imagine matters will be even worse once my exams start up, and even I won't be around much. X_X Ah, well; I'll take what I can get.

I'm pretty sure I was gone before HDV and his works popped up in the old thread-- and now, I'm beginning to regret it. ;_; His work all sounds like it was great!

Blame the economy. ><;;
Which would mean it's right up our alley, right? xD
Actually, the battle theme might work better for waking one up, being louder and all. I'd enjoy either, though.

Aw, poor Wally...but, hey, at least we're torturing someone else now, right? XD

No "bleh"; I think it fit quite nicely. ^^

I should have something of my own ready in the next few days; I keep getting held up by my work...

Marichi

Geez louise, is this thread inactive! I imagine matters will be even worse once my exams start up, and even I won't be around much. X_X Ah, well; I'll take what I can get.

I'm pretty sure I was gone before HDV and his works popped up in the old thread-- and now, I'm beginning to regret it. ;_; His work all sounds like it was great!

Blame the economy. ><;;
Which would mean it's right up our alley, right? xD
Actually, the battle theme might work better for waking one up, being louder and all. I'd enjoy either, though.

Aw, poor Wally...but, hey, at least we're torturing someone else now, right? XD

No "bleh"; I think it fit quite nicely. ^^

I should have something of my own ready in the next few days; I keep getting held up by my work...
Shhhh! It's not inactive here. Really, it isn't. [LIES] xD

I think so too. We sure missed out on some good stuff. =3=;;

If it's not Brendan or May, it's Wally who gets the short end of the stick in the end. Poor guy; first he's sick and then we add more problems for the young fellow. ^^;

HS Festival!!!
The festival is approaching! It's not this weekend, but next weekend... and we still don't have anything planned for the event! Dx

So what sort of events/contests would people be interested in?

Shhhh! It's not inactive here. Really, it isn't. [LIES] xD

I think so too. We sure missed out on some good stuff. =3=;;

If it's not Brendan or May, it's Wally who gets the short end of the stick in the end. Poor guy; first he's sick and then we add more problems for the young fellow. ^^;

HS Festival!!!
The festival is approaching! It's not this weekend, but next weekend... and we still don't have anything planned for the event! Dx

So what sort of events/contests would people be interested in?
Oh, right! It's very, very active, definitely! ...Oh, who are we kidding? XD

Hmm...maybe I should pick through the old thread for some of his work some time? ^^

Good thing LH wasn't around; she'd probably have a few choice words to say about such treatment of Wally. xDD But, no, we can make sure to be nicer to him next time. ^^ (maybe we can torture Drew instead...)

Crap, I almost forgot! What are we going to do...? I need time to think...I'll let you know as soon as I can come up with an idea, 'k?

Like I said, I'll get back to you on that. ^^;;

Sequoia

S.S. Girly said:
Oh, right! It's very, very active, definitely! ...Oh, who are we kidding? XD

Good thing LH wasn't around; she'd probably have a few choice words to say about such treatment of Wally. xDD But, no, we can make sure to be nicer to him next time. ^^ (maybe we can torture Drew instead...)

I'm back? :3

LH would cry. XD And then come after you with a bazooka.
No, leave Drew alone. D:

HS FEST! 8DD
We need artwork, drabbles, music, food, people, and SPPF to not lag. :3
All writers, START NOW!
All artists, GET IDEAS AND START NOW! -kicked for being a hypocrite-
All others, bring your brain and prepare for awesomeness. >D

Marichiiiiii~ Maybe you should give us bucketloads of themes right now. XD

Marichi

@Seq: Ooh right~ Themes! k, here ya go~~

26. shared madness
27. in each others' company
28. reset
29. ray of sunshine
30. moved to tears

I'm back? :3

LH would cry. XD And then come after you with a bazooka.
No, leave Drew alone. D:

HS FEST! 8DD
We need artwork, drabbles, music, food, people, and SPPF to not lag. :3
All writers, START NOW!
All artists, GET IDEAS AND START NOW! -kicked for being a hypocrite-
All others, bring your brain and prepare for awesomeness. >D

Marichiiiiii~ Maybe you should give us bucketloads of themes right now. XD
Hooray! [hugs] I missed you, Little Sis! ^^

Which is precisely why I'm glad she's not around; we dodged a bullet! XD
No. =D

Yes, correct! We will need all of that and more! Good thing my last tests will be out of the way by then...I haven't had much time to write lately. ^^;; Don't worry, you're not the only one; I don't have a whole lot of ideas, either...
That I will! I shall look forward to the awesomeness. >D

And, lo and behold, she did! Good call, Sis. xD

*pops out of nowhere*

WHAT. HSFEST ALREADY?!

...I don't remember that drabble @HDV D: But it's pretty. :3

I'm lazy to go back 98234897 pages, so um... *shot*
Yay, you're back, too! =D

I know, I though the time flew, too...

I don't remember any of them. ^^; But, yes, they are all pretty!

No one blames you for that. xDD

@Seq: Ooh right~ Themes! k, here ya go~~

26. shared madness
27. in each others' company
28. reset
29. ray of sunshine
30. moved to tears
Hurrah, more themes! I kinda burned out trying to write for the last few...maybe new ones will help. ^^

Marichi

Kick off to the HS Festival~!!!!!! xDD

Bah, I might as well dump the rest of the themes. There's not much anyways.
31. gondola
32. snapshot
33. breathless
34. unexpected visit
35. hesitating
36. intervention
37. cold hands, warm heart
38. dreamlike yet crystal clear
39. tickle
40. blind

And of course the summer themes...

fireworks
watermelon
beach
soda pop

And wait, there's one more! My contribution to the festival...
http://www.unowen.net/tegaki/dblog.php?u=24093&e=682059

31. gondola
32. snapshot
33. breathless
34. unexpected visit
35. hesitating
36. intervention
39. tickle
40. blind

fireworks
watermelon
beach
soda pop

Which appears to be off to a rather inauspicious start...where is everybody?! :O

...Oh, well; I suppose I should be glad people showed up at all. xD

Oh, happy day! More themes! I've had the most persistent writer's block of my life lately, and with luck, maybe some guidelines will help me out. ^^

And, allow me to say that your contribution is, without a doubt, among the most adorable things I have ever seen in my life! All other entries will surely burst into flames at the sight of it (including my non-existent one...dammit, where are you, inspiration?! [headdesk])! xDD No, but seriously, great job. <3 I bet Jane'll love it even more!

Sequoia

Chiiiiiiii! said:

31. gondola
32. snapshot
33. breathless
34. unexpected visit
35. hesitating
36. intervention
39. tickle
40. blind

fireworks
watermelon
beach
soda pop

8DDDD! THINGS ON SHOES! <33
Me likey. :3

I don't have inspiration. D: Even with themes~

CCTV said:
...Oh, well; I suppose I should be glad people showed up at all. xD

And, allow me to say that your contribution is, without a doubt, among the most adorable things I have ever seen in my life! All other entries will surely burst into flames at the sight of it (including my non-existent one...dammit, where are you, inspiration?! [headdesk])! xDD No, but seriously, great job. <3 I bet Jane'll love it even more!

D: Did I miss something?

I reckon~ anything I submit will pale in comparison. XD Screw you, Marichi.
I do lub it very very much. :p

I don't have inspiration. D: Even with themes~

D: Did I miss something?

Of course you do. xDD

Me, neither! ><;; I've had the most persistent block for about a month now...with any luck, maybe some of the themes will help me out of it.

Well, apparently, Big Sis's last post was supposed to mark the beginning of our festival, but unfortunately, the rather low level of attendance seems to have quashed those plans. ^^;; Better luck next time, I suppose?

Oh, most definitely! Even if I were to finally get it in gear and write something, it would be utterly eclipsed (except, ironically, in the eyes of Marichi herself, considering her confessed enjoyment of my work)! xD
Who wouldn't? It's amazing! =D

Marichi

Of course you do. xDD

Me, neither! ><;; I've had the most persistent block for about a month now...with any luck, maybe some of the themes will help me out of it.

Well, apparently, Big Sis's last post was supposed to mark the beginning of our festival, but unfortunately, the rather low level of attendance seems to have quashed those plans. ^^;; Better luck next time, I suppose?

Oh, most definitely! Even if I were to finally get it in gear and write something, it would be utterly eclipsed (except, ironically, in the eyes of Marichi herself, considering her confessed enjoyment of my work)! xD
Who wouldn't? It's amazing! =D
Aw, thanks you two. It really means a lot to hear that.

But guuuuuuuh ;_; We don't even have enough people in the same category to make a contest, so there's no reason to compare. Dx Anything you guys came up with, I'd be enthralled to even see it. Daaah, I miss you guys~~~~

Oh right the themes...

Well for snapshot... hm, what sort of candid HS moment would it be~??

Aw, thanks you two. It really means a lot to hear that.

But guuuuuuuh ;_; We don't even have enough people in the same category to make a contest, so there's no reason to compare. Dx Anything you guys came up with, I'd be enthralled to even see it. Daaah, I miss you guys~~~~

Oh right the themes...

Well for snapshot... hm, what sort of candid HS moment would it be~??
No problem, at all! You certainly deserved it.

You...have a bit of a point, there. ^^;; So, yes, no point comparing! And, I'm glad to hear that you would enjoy our work! Perhaps that can motivate me to produce some...
I miss all of you, too! ;_;

Yes...what about them?

Oh, you're coming up with examples--perfect idea! Candid moments...interesting, but I believe I may need some time to think first. Still, thanks! ^^

Dark Sentry

Kenta gud trainer
By an act of God himself I finally decided to return, hoping everyone of the US (myself too) enjoyed their Independence weekend!

As of my writing piece, i scraped it. I need a new muse to get a great start.

So can anyone fill me in on a topic?

By an act of God himself I finally decided to return, hoping everyone of the US (myself too) enjoyed their Independence weekend!

As of my writing piece, i scraped it. I need a new muse to get a great start.

So can anyone fill me in on a topic?
Good to see you back, friend! Unfortunately, you picked the worst possible time to return; we haven't had anything resembling activity in weeks. ^^;;

Fair enough. I look forward to seeing the new story!

We don't seem to have a topic, either, aside from Marichi's themes...sorry.

Dark Sentry

Kenta gud trainer
Great! i R save us!

Alright, its summer. Let's say B & M are in the US and not Hoenn, celebrating July 4th. Lol this is more of a story plot. What would happen in said situation providing they are adhd, have fireworks, and no adults :) I smell Pyromaniacs

Status
Not open for further replies.