• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoennshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap!

many older members are returning.

But for how long?

and just how are we going to keep this place hopping?

Also, I always believed(at least, when I first started posting here) it was only us trying to incorporate Brendan into the current arc that was going on, (which was the BF arc)

so I believe it was the "What if Brendan was in the anime" type thing.

i'll shut up for now, as I may be ignored.

Ignored? Hardly! Back in the good old days, we gladly welcomed any newcomers! And nowadays, since our ship seems to be on the verge of extinction outside of Japan and this thread, we kinda have to... LOL, of course, I kid. XD (about the "have to" part, not so much the extinction one, I'm afraid...) We're happy to have you and anyone else. ^^

As for how long this can last, I'm not sure... I suppose we can at least hope it holds up, though, as well as do our part to keep it going!

As I mentioned earlier, "incorporate Brendan into the show" was usually a rarely discussed topic, usually ignored in favour of continuity-free fluff. It always piqued my interest, though, so I wouldn't mind at all if we talked about it.

Breezy

I want some of whatever is being offered, especially if it's in the high five form.

Actually, I'm pretty impressed that Hoennshipping still has a pretty decent fanbase after all this time. I mean, sure, it's been, er, on the down-low as of late, but out of all the game-type shippings, this one is the most, um, known.

*shrug* I can't properly form sentences in my head right now, lol.

Ew, I've been a hoennshipper for five years. I've been here too long. >_>

And, I'd gladly offer it! That is, if I were sure of what it is, myself...

Very much on the down-low, considering what I've seen. On ff.net, there appears to be about 5-7 Hoennshipping fics that weren't there when the old thread was active, and, of course, excluding your work, most of it seems to be either unmitigated crap or dead fic. But, then again, fanwork doesn't always equal the amount of support; I mean, look at all of us here!

[pat-pat] It's fine; as the others will inform you soon enough, correct sentence structure was usually my duty. XD

Er, isn't that about how long all of us first-gen shippers have been into Hoennshipping?

Breezy

...Very much on the down-low, considering what I've seen. On ff.net, there appears to be about 5-7 Hoennshipping fics that weren't there when the old thread was active, and, of course, excluding your work, most of it seems to be either unmitigated crap or dead fic. But, then again, fanwork doesn't always equal the amount of support; I mean, look at all of us here!
I know. =( I've been searching for a good hoennshipping 'fic, found none (the romance was either rushed, wasn't finished, or it was just ... crap, lol), so I decided, "Eh, you might as well write one yourself." X3

Er, isn't that about how long all of us first-gen shippers have been into Hoennshipping?
Yes. You lot are all old with me. *evil laugh*

Now get off our lawn? :D

Breezy said:
I know. =( I've been searching for a good hoennshipping 'fic, found none (the romance was either rushed, wasn't finished, or it was just ... crap, lol), so I decided, "Eh, you might as well write one yourself." X3
Ah, good to know I wasn't the only one who noticed the problem. A crying shame, isn't it? =( I admire your decision, though. I actually made the same one quite some time ago, but my extremely lazy muse seems to have gotten in the way. ><;;

Yes. You lot are all old with me. *evil laugh*

Uh... yay! I think. xD

Wait, we're yelling at ourselves to get off our own lawn? Gah, paradox! @_@

Chelc

...I seriously thought I was seeing things, or looking at the old thread. XD;

Welcome back, you guys! Since Shippers Community has lost a ton of veterans over the course of last year and this year, it's really, really nice to see you all return. I always thought the Hoennshipping thread was one of the best (if not the best) in this forum - you guys set a really good example of what a thread here should be like. =]

This thread can be for the anime, manga, and games, whatever you guys want. It doesn't really matter. Franticshipping has had a bunch of threads in the past, but most of the time, they don't stay alive, so yeah.

I think I've been supporting for Hoennshipping for like...three-ish years now. Maybe two, idk. Though I've lost interest numerous times, it always comes back. ;P

Kanta-chan

Very much on the down-low, considering what I've seen. On ff.net, there appears to be about 5-7 Hoennshipping fics that weren't there when the old thread was active, and, of course, excluding your work, most of it seems to be either unmitigated crap or dead fic. But, then again, fanwork doesn't always equal the amount of support; I mean, look at all of us here!

Five years is a looonnng time. @_@

Lmao, I re-read my old fics. They suck. It's taking me a while to revise them since they are so bad. xD

...I seriously thought I was seeing things, or looking at the old thread. XD;

Welcome back, you guys! Since Shippers Community has lost a ton of veterans over the course of last year and this year, it's really, really nice to see you all return. I always thought the Hoennshipping thread was one of the best (if not the best) in this forum - you guys set a really good example of what a thread here should be like. =]
It's great to be back. xD And aww thanks for the compliment.

Holy crap!

many older members are returning.

But for how long?

and just how are we going to keep this place hopping?

Also, I always believed(at least, when I first started posting here) it was only us trying to incorporate Brendan into the current arc that was going on, (which was the BF arc)

so I believe it was the "What if Brendan was in the anime" type thing.

i'll shut up for now, as I may be ignored.
We've had tons of topics in the old thread. The most common one is whether or not Brendan will show up in the anime. Of course he did in cameos, but it was fun making up scenarios of him running into May and such. :3

Who knows how long the old members are gonna stay. ;o

Kana

kisses
Indeed, five years has been a long time Cherz. You're a freshie, I'm graduatiing, yadayada.

On topic: Sometimes I think Hoennshipping was a phase for me since I haven't paid attention to it since... well four or five years ago. But I guess I never really lost interest seeing that I'm back and yesh, still believe: BRENDAN&MAY4EVER!11!

Hahaha... so I'm still young eh :p And I can't drive yet, lol (August!!!).

LOLZ! EVERYTHING started with B&M! BLEACH, FMA, everything (at least for me).

hahahaha that's exactly how I was bought back... and I suppose I invited others too... When I saw the friend thing, I was like "what the heck is that?" and just randomly clicked people XD

Icyiceice :) I know. And now they have multi-quote?! :O I remember when I used to copy + paste quotes individually into a notepad file, type out the code, etc... haha :)

Omgosh, I went on my FF.net page and re-read my own stories... lol. I'm so tempted to re-write them.

Oh dear. I don't want to even think about those fics (feels so odd to use that word again). I should really start writing more though/finishing... they helped with my vocabulary xD

Kana: Kanta called you "Cherz"... Sis, is that you? Wow, welcome back! =D Man, this is amazing, everyone coming back like this! Oh, and that's fine if you can't be around too much; I probably can't, either. ^^;; I'll definitely try and stick around if the rest of you are all here, though!

Haha, so now you're SS, CC? :p *hug* I feel so warm and fuzzy reading everyone's posts! *flood of nostalgia* Ahhhh... 4th grade innocence. Are we still allowed to change usernames? I have no idea why I chose "Kana" in the first place... I want to go by Cherz xD

And Kanta, I still remember Hoennshipping Chaos. I loved that one--felt nice to be an OC :) And funnnny~

I can say I was glad when I discovered (by accident) that Ruby + Sapphire liked each other... xD

Hahaha... so I'm still young eh :p And I can't drive yet, lol (August!!!).

LOLZ! EVERYTHING started with B&M! BLEACH, FMA, everything (at least for me).

Oh dear. I don't want to even think about those fics (feels so odd to use that word again). I should really start writing more though/finishing... they helped with my vocabulary xD

Haha, so now you're SS, CC? :p *hug* I feel so warm and fuzzy reading everyone's posts! *flood of nostalgia* Ahhhh... 4th grade innocence. Are we still allowed to change usernames? I have no idea why I chose "Kana" in the first place... I want to go by Cherz xD

And Kanta, I still remember Hoennshipping Chaos. I loved that one--felt nice to be an OC :) And funnnny~

I can say I was glad when I discovered (by accident) that Ruby + Sapphire liked each other... xD
Don't worry too much about it; if I recall, age never really affected things much here. ^^ Oh, and if it helps at all, I can't drive, either. XD (although, in my case, it has more to do with excessive schoolwork than age...)

Most of us, too. Although, I was a little slower on the uptake with those last two things.

Bleah, at least you guys all managed to publish yours at some point or another; mine's been in development hell for 5 whole years! ;_; Though, I suppose I can't say all that time spent revising didn't help; the earliest drafts were pretty god-awful.

Yep, that's right! [hugs] Can't say it has quite the same ring as CC, but it is what it is, I guess. ^^ I know, I feel exactly the same! I haven't felt this good in... er, a long time! Oh, and as for the name-thing, I'm not sure; I have yet to find a changing thread...

Hey, me, too! I always found it fascinating how boring 'ol me could seem interesting as an OC. xD Of course, the rest was great, too.

I'll bet we all are. ^_^

Ice-Phoenix-chan

gone with the wind~
Er... can we have a reintroduction thingie? I am totally confused in who's who now @_@;; and I suppose those can include high fives

ROFL that was before I got lazy ;)

Wait us getting off our the new comers? Either way, doesn't work, too much effort needed and I'm not sure how long I'll stick around for =P

Speaking of getting old, I totally need to change my sig... XD I got a hate mail saying that I don't own someone/thing anymore XDDD

Lmao, I re-read my old fics. They suck. It's taking me a while to revise them since they are so bad. xD

*can't edit for life*
. . .
XD

Icyiceice I know. And now they have multi-quote?! :O I remember when I used to copy + paste quotes individually into a notepad file, type out the code, etc... haha

Uh... I have no clue what that is. I'm still doing it the good ol' fashion way... except no names are tehre XD;; There was always quote button to press and so you don't have to type but I used to type them out since I got sick of highlighting and clicking lol

So... is Brendan really getting to go into the anime or...? I suggested the anime since I thought I heard a rumour somewhere that he already appeared o_O;; Guess that was completely off XD

BTW, what the heck is Sinnoh? o_O;;
wait.. are they FR/LG?

Last edited:

Breezy

Wait us getting off our the new comers? Either way, doesn't work, too much effort needed and I'm not sure how long I'll stick around for =P
Noesss, lol. Never mind. Either way, a lot of us have/were here for awhile. =P

Brendan had another awesome cameo appearance in some movie battling Lucas (boy protagonist of the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum games) is as much as I know about Brendan being in the anime.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/b/b4/Brendan.JPG

I like Lucas. Yeah, off-topic.

I know they had um ... the rival from D/P/PT in the anime as a supporting character, and all I could think of was, "Why couldn't they put Brendan in the Hoenn ones?"

Another region for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum games (generation IV). Do you know who Dawn is at least? Lol. That's the girl main character in them.

Kanta-chan

I'm actually thinking about re-doing Hoennshipping Chaos. That one is fun to write. I never got past chapter one. ;o; BUT. I still have everyone's OCs in my inbox. :D

Brendan had another awesome cameo appearance in some movie battling Lucas (boy protagonist of the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum games) is as much as I know about Brendan being in the anime.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/b/b4/Brendan.JPG

I know they had um ... the rival from D/P/PT in the anime as a supporting character, and all I could think of was, "Why couldn't they put Brendan in the Hoenn ones?"
It features Lucas more than Brendan. >: But yay for more Brendan~

No Brendan or Wally in actual anime = poo.

Bleah, at least you guys all managed to publish yours at some point or another; mine's been in development hell for 5 whole years! ;_; Though, I suppose I can't say all that time spent revising didn't help; the earliest drafts were pretty god-awful.

Hey, me, too! I always found it fascinating how boring 'ol me could seem interesting as an OC. xD Of course, the rest was great, too.

*patpat* I write stories and give up 1-5 chapters in. xD I'm not any better than you and your developments~

I still have a draft of Hoennshipping Chaos in my computer. Lol.

Kana

kisses
Don't worry too much about it; if I recall, age never really affected things much here. ^^ Oh, and if it helps at all, I can't drive, either. XD (although, in my case, it has more to do with excessive schoolwork than age...)

I don't think you even need a car?! xD With all that transportation, right? (am I forgetting something?)

Er... can we have a reintroduction thingie? I am totally confused in who's who now @_@;; and I suppose those can include high fives

Je m'appelle Cherz... Cherry Grove... a bunch of other usernames?

Speaking of getting old, I totally need to change my sig... XD I got a hate mail saying that I don't own someone/thing anymore XDDD

. . . Wow.

Uh... I have no clue what that is. I'm still doing it the good ol' fashion way... except no names are tehre XD;; There was always quote button to press and so you don't have to type but I used to type them out since I got sick of highlighting and clicking lol

It's the button next to the quote button on the bottom of posts. When you click it, it turns red, and when you post a reply, you have all the quotes :]

I'm actually thinking about re-doing Hoennshipping Chaos. That one is fun to write. I never got past chapter one. ;o; BUT. I still have everyone's OCs in my inbox. :D

I still have a draft of Hoennshipping Chaos in my computer. Lol.

Could you send me my OC? I'm ~really~ curious about what I wrote 4-5 years ago. It'll be a good laugh. xD

You're such a good humor writer :]

Mmm, I still remember there was some artist who drew amazing Ruby/Sapphire pictures. I lost the website when I switched computers though :/

[wow, I've seriously lost my touch; am I so slow to post now that I need a wall of quotes this big?!]

Icy said:

ROFL that was before I got lazy

So... is Brendan really getting to go into the anime or...? I suggested the anime since I thought I heard a rumour somewhere that he already appeared o_O;; Guess that was completely off XD

wait.. are they FR/LG?
Uh, which ones are you still confused about? I'm CC, if you missed it earlier. ^^;; Kana is Cherri, and everyone else is... well, who they say they are. xD

You wouldn't be the only one!

[sigh], unfortunately not. =( The sheer amount of cameos he's had, though (3 in total!), along with the fact that he canonically owns at least 3 known Pokemon is a pretty ridiculous amount of detail to give a character that hasn't even spoken to anyone. o_O;

Oh, Sinnoh is the new region from the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum games, as the others said.

Breezy said:
Noesss, lol. Never mind. Either way, a lot of us have/were here for awhile. =P

Makes more sense than my earlier "paradox" comment, anyway. XD

Yeah, I saw that, too; it was amazing! For the few seconds it lasted... BTW, that was his third cameo in all. Like I said to Icy, it's getting kinda ridiculous that they've done all this without formally introducing him. But, since the creators are self-admitted loli-fetishists who are more concerned with dressing up Dawn and May in sexy little outfits than using potentially interesting characters, it doesn't seem too likely.

... me, too. [ahem] Moving on!

Yes, that's Barry. While adorable as well, he's not Brendan, hence our dilemma. ><

I know! They had a thousand opportunities, and wasted them all. [scoffs]

Kanta said:

It features Lucas more than Brendan. >: But yay for more Brendan~

No Brendan or Wally in actual anime = poo.

*patpat* I write stories and give up 1-5 chapters in. xD I'm not any better than you and your developments~
That would be great! =D And I'm sure you'd probably be able to make it even better now. ^^

Yes, a shame. >< Hey, at least he had a clear type-advantage!

Bleh. Refer to my earlier comments about the show's writers.

Thanks... that actually makes me feel a bit better. ^^

Cherri said:
I don't think you even need a car?! xD With all that transportation, right? (am I forgetting something?)

. . . Wow.

Could you send me my OC? I'm ~really~ curious about what I wrote 4-5 years ago. It'll be a good laugh. xD

Mmm, I still remember there was some artist who drew amazing Ruby/Sapphire pictures. I lost the website when I switched computers though :/
Yes, NYC does have extensive public transportation... doesn't mean it's always pleasant to ride, though. XD

My sentiments exactly. Which is why I made sure to totally re-sort my owned stuff as soon as I returned.

Hey, I should ask for mine, too! I can only remember about half of it... I wonder how hard the rest sucked? xD

Really? That's a shame; I would've like to see some...

Last edited:

Kana

kisses
Hey, do you guys still use MSN? I basically cut off all my IM things... FB for me .__.

Brendan had THREE appearances? Which one is the third?

Kanta-chan

Sure I'll send you your OC. o.o And the third appearance is in the movie Giratina & The Sky Warrior. Verrryy beginning. YouTube it; there's a clip of Brendan vs Lucas. : O

I still use MSN. FB and MySpace too. ^^;

Little Sis! said:
Hey, do you guys still use MSN? I basically cut off all my IM things... FB for me .__.

Brendan had THREE appearances? Which one is the third?
Uh... I still have it, but I haven't used it in a very long time, due to... circumstances with Tra- er, another friend of ours. ^^;; Well, really, it's just me, not her... [AHEM!] But, that's neither here nor there. But, hey, if you guys will be there, I'll go on again. ^^ That's unfortunate about you, though... you can get it back, right?

Yeah, what Kanta said; Giratina and the Sky Warrior, at the beginning. Probably the highlight of the whole damn film. XDD

Kanta said:
Sure I'll send you your OC. o.o And the third appearance is in the movie Giratina & The Sky Warrior. Verrryy beginning. YouTube it; there's a clip of Brendan vs Lucas. : O

I still use MSN. FB and MySpace too. ^^;
Can you send me mine, too? As for the clip, I should probably check it out. ^^

Oh, good! Perhaps I'll see you there soon.

Kanta-chan

Does everyone want to see their OCs? xD You guys make it sound like I have them captive... *shifty eyes*

*on MSN now* o.o

---
Btw, what shall we talk about in this here thread? Or are we just reminiscing and having a reunion atm? :eek:

Does everyone want to see their OCs? xD You guys make it sound like I have them captive... *shifty eyes*

*on MSN now* o.o

---
Btw, what shall we talk about in this here thread? Or are we just reminiscing and having a reunion atm? :eek:
Huh... I never thought of it that way. XD I got mine, anyway; thanks!

Oh, cool! Is... she there, though? I mean, I know I shouldn't be scared, it's just-- wait, no. There's no need to share my dirty laundry in this setting. ^^;; If I'm not there soon, I'll probably be over the weekend.

Yeah, I was starting to think the same thing... >_>;; Anyone got a topic? I'll try and think of one for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.