• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoennshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toge-chan

Lalala~~
Oh. My. God!!

I haven't seen you online in......FOREVER!!

*ahem*

I hate to be that douchebag, but, shouldn't there be a topic?

After all, this is how the last thread died.

a shot:

Given May's current situation in the animeverse, how would she meet Brendan?

that was my shot.

*Goes off somewhere before I get whacked, or stabbed*

HI. :D!! Um, please don't make a big fuss about this with PIf members?

Do you still use AIM? D: I want to talk to you agai~n!

I won't let anyone stab you. D:

You last visited: 12-11-2008 at 11:18 AM

hi. :)

HI, JANE.

Erm... okay, ya, I need to lern how to do the multi quote thing... this is starting to get outrageous... >_>;;; *tech unsavy*
Ohh... hmm
[yay random scenario insert!]

*mid way through travels*

Brendan: Hello, are you guys travelers too?
May: Yep. Are you by yourself?
Brendan: Actually, I am...
May: Do you want to travel with us? The more the merrier!
Shuu: ... -_-;;
Brendan: Er... sure.

*Eventually, B&M ditch Shuu and travel together*

[end of random scene insert that had no point]

lol that was terrible XD

D
I think I do, actually... except I have bad memory but I think I do... lol

Ohh... lol I guess this is where my lame scenario fits in although it wasn't intentionally made to purposely answer the question XD

but other wise... they should meet just because and have love at first sight... kidding taht was bad lol
okay they should meet in a random forest or some wilderness and he should heal May's pokemon!
(these are all very bad responses! yay)

Besides the "quote" button there's a button with a plus sign, that's the multi-quote and when you reach the last post you want to quote you click the quote button. :D

I was the one with the sticky caps username. XD

LOL nice! Love at first sight. I kind of picture Brendan trying to make May notice him and May being all indifferent about him at first, haha.

Yesh! Since we're all coming back, we should celebrate with a festival.

HI TOGE. *glomp*

xD *looks at her own post* so many quotes @_@;;;

xDDD *gets killed by Contestshippers* X_X;;

We are so off-topic. xDDD *gets killed*

xD they are good starts for scenarios. He just needs to run into May in the anime. D: Or at least she should run into him. ;;

HI KANTA. :D

We should have a festival! Just explain to me how those work.

I remember you! *hug*

... She struts toward the battlefield, Poke Ball in hand, her warm, mahogany eyes brimming with confidence. Her opponent is a young boy--a pre-teen--with blonde hair and quivering lips. He grips his Poke Ball with sweaty palms and keeps his head tilted down, whispering words of reassurance to himself.

Brendan raises an eyebrow. There is no question of who
looks more like a winner, but he will wait until the match begins to make his judgement...

OK, yeah, really bad cliffhanger there. Sorry D:

Isn't that the tittle of one of YUI's songs? XD From Taiyou no Uta movie. *is shot* but, HI, CHERZ.

I just remembered how much I like your writing. :3
Good Lord, people! I shouldn't keep my eyes off this thread for more than a couple of hours or so, lest I get buried in replies like this! @_@

You all know I was the worst in that regard; I'd put my mental age around 70 or so. XDD

Of course I remember you! ^_^ Who could forget?

---

[Scene: Contest Hall in Johto. Drew has just finished performing an appeal with his Roserade, and walks off the stage. May is watching, waiting for her turn. Drew struts past her.]

DREW: Ha! And that's how it's done, dearie. I'd like to see you beat that.

MAY [sarcastic] Haha, you're hilarious. It's not over yet; we'll see who wins in the end!

MYSTERIOUS VOICE: [from off screen] How very quaint! Let me show you how a true master does it!

DREW: Hm? Who dares?!

VOICE: I do!

[A tall young man walks onto the stage. As he enters the spotlight, his features become visible; his hair is a stark white, and his eyes are a brilliant shade of scarlet. A look of utter confidence forms on his face as he grabs a Poke Ball from his belt]

BRENDAN: Now, then... watch, and be amazed!

[He sends out a Salamence, which proceeds to put on such an amazing performance that May can't help but stare in complete and utter awe. ]

MAY: [blushing slightly] Wow... w-who is this guy?!

---

Yes, I'm aware of how ridiculously overblown it is; that was the point. XD

I totally agree! This is getting ridiculous, I can't keep up with quotes, I feel put of shape, haha.

I don't remember thinking you were that old, lol.

OMG. May impressed by Brendan. I'd be impressed too.

Hello there guys! I was trying to find a way to avoid doing homework, so I was scrolling through the forums and I see this. Wow, I haven't divulged myself in Hoennshipping in a long time, despite how I claim it's my third favorite Pokemon pairing. ^^; I blame it on the fact that there are very little fics on them. Most of the time, it's Contestshipping and they make Brendan look like a jerk. =/ Or it's a really long adventure story on how the two go through Hoenn together. There's too many of those out there.

Anyways, I feel a little left out since everyone seems to know eachother from the old thread. I actually don't even remember if I was in the old one. Haha.

And to not make this an introductory SPAM, I'll answer the topic question.
Well, since she's still in Jhoto, she'd have to meet him there. They should really have those Hoso type episodes, maybe have a few episodes showing what May's going through.

So on her way to her next Contest, she'll encounter someone with a problem (As the case, the anime episodes are usually like that.) So she helps, but then she finds out that Brendan is also there to help whatever it is. (I get the thought that he's actually researching things like Gary does now a days. Being a Pokemon Trainer is pretty lame now that I think about it. ^^;)

I actually had a plot bunny for a fanfic with Brendan coming in during the Hoenn episodes, but I'm so dumb because I barely watched any of those. Haha.

Don't mind! You'll fit right in. I don't remember anyone biting. :D HI.

WHAT?! May's in Johto?! When did that happen? *really behind*

WOO. We have a topic now. And already we have interesting responses.

Brendan and May: Oh gosh, we're in scenarios again... T^T

Yes, we have a topic! But I'm so behind in this, I can't reply. ):

*expects 3290084294 posts in between this and the posts she quoted* I feel out of shape. ):

Ice-Phoenix-chan

gone with the wind~
Kanta said:
xD *looks at her own post* so many quotes @_@;;;

=OOOOOO STEVEN YES. *drools over his hotness*

I know @_@;;
XD

Kana said:
What? I'm here. xD We need Kam tho :[
Dude, you guys and names! I'm totally confused! And non functional brains don't help D: *in summer mode already* Okay, So we *do* have basically everyone except Kam and Marichi...

CC said:
Er, if only I remembered how they worked... ^^;;

Actually, you just about nailed both of them!

Because Dawn's the next big thing, apparently. [grumble...]

Er, just the evolved on, right? 'Cause Rhydon is from the very first games... ^^;;

Bleh, you're right! I'd gladly take all of those guys over Pikachu. =)

Her and Marichi. =(

Yes, I'm aware of how ridiculously overblown it is; that was the point. XD

Ditto to that... I have no clue how they happened @_@;;

Ohh really? sweet lol

pssshhhh "apparently" -_-;;

Err.... *blank stare* Right. ...? lol
Is it that rhino looking ground type pokemon that was beige and brown and stood on 4 feet? And then it evolves into the one that stands on 2 feet with sorta dots of brown on its beige skin/"armour" thing? and it has a horn on its nose? Or is it the little thingie that had an oval head ish and oval eyes that were blue...ish...? and a small body? @_@

lol I'm sure we can put in a few girls in there for you ;D

Ahh... Marichi-nee-san too! ^^;; I have terrible memory... X_X

Its all good~

Vulpixi Misa said:
Anyways, I feel a little left out since everyone seems to know eachother from the old thread. I actually don't even remember if I was in the old one. Haha.

So on her way to her next Contest, she'll encounter someone with a problem (As the case, the anime episodes are usually like that.) So she helps, but then she finds out that Brendan is also there to help whatever it is. (I get the thought that he's actually researching things like Gary does now a days. Being a Pokemon Trainer is pretty lame now that I think about it. ^^

I actually had a plot bunny for a fanfic with Brendan coming in during the Hoenn episodes, but I'm so dumb because I barely watched any of those. Haha.

No... actually, despite my terrible memory, I remember you! I don't think you were around much but you were still there ^^

Actually, according to the game, I believe he was supposed to be a researcher/trainer... Well, that or May is depending on which protagonist you choose.

Aww don't way that... I actually haven't seen much of the anime... no Jhoto, only selective Kanto episodes and selective (early) Hoenn episodes... CC's confusing me and providing me with all the infomratio I need =) (I actually have no clue how contests go considering that I haven't seen any XD)

Kanta said:
@ CC: Brendan is a show-off. xD At least he has May's attention.

For all we know he'll do anything for May ;)

CC said:
I, for one, would love it if they had some new Hosou-type episodes, especially if Brendan could show up and meet May in them.

Not sure how much I care for the researcher angle... I always thought of him as some kind of badarse action hero. XD It's not a bad idea by any stretch of imagination, though. ^^
Care to elabourate "Hosou"? lol I can hire you as my pokemon encylopedia please?

Actually, (as I commented above), he technically was Prof. Birch's son, which would technically make sense that he'd become a researcher... I used to think he was some "badarse action hero"/trainer, as you put it before but I kind of like the idea of him being a researcher now too ^^

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
Originally posted by Toge-Chan
HI. :D!! Um, please don't make a big fuss about this with PIf members?

Do you still use AIM? D: I want to talk to you agai~n!

I won't let anyone stab you. D:

Ok, thanks, and, I still use AIM, same name as before, I never changed it. I also have MSN/WLN if you're more comfortable with that.

and Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ!!

it seems like everybody is here.

I've always thought of that "special ep" where they show you how May is doing.

and yea, she'd meet Brendan. Perhaps he's there for the Jhoto League.

I see him as that cocky full of himself trainer, given his 3 cameos, he's got a lot riding on him. I wouldn't doubt that he would be the Hoenn League champion, as well as winning the Gold Shield at the Battle Tower. He could be somebody that annoys May

then. she'd warm up to him, and all that good stuff

Ice-Phoenix-chan

gone with the wind~
Gah, missed post when I was typing ^^;;

Besides the "quote" button there's a button with a plus sign, that's the multi-quote and when you reach the last post you want to quote you click the quote button. :D

I was the one with the sticky caps username. XD

LOL nice! Love at first sight. I kind of picture Brendan trying to make May notice him and May being all indifferent about him at first, haha.

I totally agree! This is getting ridiculous, I can't keep up with quotes, I feel put of shape, haha.

Hmm... I get it now but I think I'll stick with the old fashioned way lol

Ya! I rember that! lol

yay cliches? ^_^

Hahahaa that's a good way of putting it ^^

xD

HDV said:

I see him as that cocky full of himself trainer, given his 3 cameos, he's got a lot riding on him. I wouldn't doubt that he would be the Hoenn League champion, as well as winning the Gold Shield at the Battle Tower. He could be somebody that annoys May

Actually, that is an amazing idea! they should totally do that! It'd be a great way to use these great characters they created (addinWallyandStevenaddinWallyandStevenaddinWallyandSteven) and make Hoennshipping come true in the anime! XD

Hmm.. that or they should totally make a movie =)

You know what? they probably don't have enough money to pay him to do a full scene so they can only feature him in cameos *nods*

*sings* and love will blooommm~~~

Toge said:

I just remembered how much I like your writing. :3

I don't remember thinking you were that old, lol.

WHAT?! May's in Johto?! When did that happen? *really behind*

Yes, we have a topic! But I'm so behind in this, I can't reply. ):

*expects 3290084294 posts in between this and the posts she quoted* I feel out of shape. )
That's a nice idea. ^^ I, myself, imagined them as being friends for a long time, and acting all accustomed to each other, and then when Brendan eventually realises the extent of his feelings for her, it throws the whole dynamic of their relationship out of whack. (yes, it's crazy-complicated; did you expect any less from me? XD)

I actually haven't seen her work in a long time... but I do have good memories of it!

Seriously! It's really throwing me for a loop! @_@ If it were anyone but my longtime ship-buddies, I'd probably have lost track a while ago. xD

Well, it has been a while, I suppose...

Yes, that she is! You wouldn't be the only one, hehe...

Er, I believe it happened at the very end of the Battle Frontier episodes, right before Sinnoh. And she left with Drew, I think. >_< And, then, she later came back for two episode in Sinnoh, packing a Venusaur, Wartortle, and Glaceon. She was actually pretty badass. =O

[pat-pat] It's okay; you're far from the only one who can't keep up. ^^;;

You and me both!

Icy said:
Ditto to that... I have no clue how they happened @_@;;

Ohh really? sweet lol

pssshhhh "apparently" -_-;;

Err.... *blank stare* Right. ...? lol
Is it that rhino looking ground type pokemon that was beige and brown and stood on 4 feet? And then it evolves into the one that stands on 2 feet with sorta dots of brown on its beige skin/"armour" thing? and it has a horn on its nose? Or is it the little thingie that had an oval head ish and oval eyes that were blue...ish...? and a small body? @_@

lol I'm sure we can put in a few girls in there for you ;D

Ahh... Marichi-nee-san too! ^^;; I have terrible memory... X_X

Its all good~

Care to elabourate "Hosou"? lol I can hire you as my pokemon encylopedia please?

Actually, (as I commented above), he technically was Prof. Birch's son, which would technically make sense that he'd become a researcher... I used to think he was some "badarse action hero"/trainer, as you put it before but I kind of like the idea of him being a researcher now too ^^
Me, neither... [looks at everyone else] Care to elaborate, people?

Yes. ^^ You've a good eye for that, it seems.

Precisely what I mean. >_<

Uh... just check the Serebii.net PokeDex, 'k? ^^;;

... Can't I have both? [everyone stares] ...Uh, yes, moving on now!

It's okay, really! ^^;; We all have memory problems from time to time.

Thanks!

The "Special" episodes that followed Misty, along with Ash's other old friends in Kanto and Johto while Ash was off in Hoenn. They were dubbed (terribly) and released in English as "Pokemon Chronicles". And yes, I'd be glad to function as your source for anime info! Despite my love-hate relationship with the show, I still know a whole lot about it. XD

Yes, that's true. I was thinking more along the lines of how he appeared in his anime cameos. I suppose it's just as possible for him to be a researcher and a trainer; I, for one, prefer that, since I like my male protagonists to be strong and smart. ^^

HDV said:

Yes, that sounds about right.

Right!

I drew about the same conclusion, though I also imagined that he might be a shrewd strategist as well, since he has the clear advantage in almost all of his matches and uses some unorthodox moves (Aggron with Ice Beam, anyone?).

Yeah, yeah, like that! He would be kind of abrasive at first, but once they got to know each other more, they would start to click. ^^ I like that kind of relationship.

Icy again said:
Actually, that is an amazing idea! they should totally do that! It'd be a great way to use these great characters they created (addinWallyandStevenaddinWallyandStevenaddinWallya ndSteven) and make Hoennshipping come true in the anime! XD

You know what? they probably don't have enough money to pay him to do a full scene so they can only feature him in cameos *nods*

Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times YES! Oh, God, if only~~ I'd totally start watching the show religiously again if they did that. Damn you, Hidaka!

Or, they could have another extra long special, like that one they did with Raikou and the G/S/C trainers. ^^

Either that, or the loli-thing I mentioned the other day. >_>;;

[sigh] One would hope...

Last edited:

Ice-Phoenix-chan

gone with the wind~
Me, neither... [looks at everyone else] Care to elaborate, people?

Yes. ^^ You've a good eye for that, it seems.

Precisely what I mean. >_<

Uh... just check the Serebii.net PokeDex, 'k? ^^;;

... Can't I have both? [everyone stares] ...Uh, yes, moving on now!

It's okay, really! ^^;; We all have memory problems from time to time.

Thanks!

The "Special" episodes that followed Misty, along with Ash's other old friends in Kanto and Johto while Ash was off in Hoenn. They were dubbed (terribly) and released in English as "Pokemon Chronicles". And yes, I'd be glad to function as your source for anime info! Despite my love-hate relationship with the show, I still know a whole lot about it. XD

Yes, that's true. I was thinking more along the lines of how he appeared in his anime cameos. I suppose it's just as possible for him to be a researcher and a trainer; I, for one, prefer that, since I like my male protagonists to be strong and smart. ^^

Yes, that sounds about right.

Right!

I drew about the same conclusion, though I also imagined that he might be a shrewd strategist as well, since he has the clear advantage in almost all of his matches and uses some unorthodox moves (Aggron with Ice Beam, anyone?).

Yeah, yeah, like that! He would be kind of abrasive at first, but once they got to know each other more, they would start to click. ^^ I like that kind of relationship.

Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times YES! Oh, God, if only~~ I'd totally start watching the show religiously again if they did that. Damn you, Hidaka!

Or, they could have another extra long special, like that one they did with Raikou and the G/S/C trainers. ^^

Either that, or the loli-thing I mentioned the other day. >_>;;

[sigh] One would hope...

XD
D: seems like I have it wrong.. oh well lol

Uh... yes in the matter of fact, you can have all of them =)

XD Yay~ Now I feel like I have knowledge at my disposal! *insert evil laughter here*

Basically, anything but the idiot hero, eh?

Ohhh... I think the pokemon I got confused with was Aggron ^^; but hey, that means he's strong enough for awesome moves... buthow's Ice Beam unorthodox?

Well, they can add them in as long as they don't screw it up... tehy tend to do that... especially those english dubbers -_-

Pssst whats the loli thing?

- - -

I was going through my old banners/spites/animations/w/e for my siggies... and I found my really amusing Steven animation... along with a M/B sprite... and I also found that my photobucket account died too though... maybe I'll post the sprites up later... (be warned of early n00b spriting skills XD)

... that, or I'll make new ones... I'm in a spriting mode atm lol

XD
D: seems like I have it wrong.. oh well lol

Uh... yes in the matter of fact, you can have all of them =)

XD Yay~ Now I feel like I have knowledge at my disposal! *insert evil laughter here*

Basically, anything but the idiot hero, eh?

Ohhh... I think the pokemon I got confused with was Aggron ^^; but hey, that means he's strong enough for awesome moves... buthow's Ice Beam unorthodox?

Well, they can add them in as long as they don't screw it up... tehy tend to do that... especially those english dubbers -_-

Pssst whats the loli thing?

- - -

I was going through my old banners/spites/animations/w/e for my siggies... and I found my really amusing Steven animation... along with a M/B sprite... and I also found that my photobucket account died too though... maybe I'll post the sprites up later... (be warned of early n00b spriting skills XD)

... that, or I'll make new ones... I'm in a spriting mode atm lol
I didn't get that impression... No, Dawn is pretty girly and Blue is... well, honestly, I don't know enough about her to make a conclusion. ^^;; Perhaps when Viz rereleases Pokemon Special in the summer (yay!).

Hehe, yes, thank you very much... XD

YES! With my intellect and your... uh, being-Icy-ness, we shall be unstoppable! XDD

Precisely.

I think that's about right... ^^;; But, yes, he is, which is awesome.
It's a special, Ice-type move taught to a Rock/Steel Pokemon which specialises in physical attacks; no one would expect it! (forgive me if my game-lingo confused you; I'm actually quite the serious battler these days...). Of course, it would only work in the anime, (thanks to this) but since that's what we're talking about, it's all good!

Yes, we'd get a mixed bag with the current dubbers (4Kids dropped it in 2006); the localisation is much better (no more riceballs-as-donuts!), but the new voices sound like crap. =/

You know... Which that Hidaka dude all but confirmed he and the writers are.

Ooh, sprites you say? I'd love to see that! =D I don't care if they're not that good; anything tends to look good to people who can't do it themselves! (like me!)

Toge-chan

Lalala~~
Ok, thanks, and, I still use AIM, same name as before, I never changed it. I also have MSN/WLN if you're more comfortable with that.

and Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ!!

it seems like everybody is here.

I still don't understand what's May's current situation. ):

Adding you to MSN. :D

Hmm... I get it now but I think I'll stick with the old fashioned way lol

Ya! I rember that! lol

yay cliches? ^_^

Hahahaa that's a good way of putting it ^^

xD

Actually, that is an amazing idea! they should totally do that! It'd be a great way to use these great characters they created (addinWallyandStevenaddinWallyandStevenaddinWallyandSteven) and make Hoennshipping come true in the anime! XD

Yeah, it's kind of confusing to use multi-quote. :X

Yay!

I want a movie! A movie with a love triangle! DrewxMayxBrendan. That would be interesting.

That's a nice idea. ^^ I, myself, imagined them as being friends for a long time, and acting all accustomed to each other, and then when Brendan eventually realises the extent of his feelings for her, it throws the whole dynamic of their relationship out of whack. (yes, it's crazy-complicated; did you expect any less from me? XD)

I actually haven't seen her work in a long time... but I do have good memories of it!

Seriously! It's really throwing me for a loop! @_@ If it were anyone but my longtime ship-buddies, I'd probably have lost track a while ago. xD

Well, it has been a while, I suppose...

Yes, that she is! You wouldn't be the only one, hehe...

Er, I believe it happened at the very end of the Battle Frontier episodes, right before Sinnoh. And she left with Drew, I think. >_< And, then, she later came back for two episode in Sinnoh, packing a Venusaur, Wartortle, and Glaceon. She was actually pretty badass. =O

[pat-pat] It's okay; you're far from the only one who can't keep up. ^^;;

You and me both!

That works, too. XDD I wouldn't expect less from you!

...she left with Drew? My inner Hoennshipper is sad now. ):

I think I'm slowly getting how the situation is...I'm really slow.

Toge said:
I want a movie! A movie with a love triangle! DrewxMayxBrendan. That would be interesting.

That works, too. XDD I wouldn't expect less from you!

...she left with Drew? My inner Hoennshipper is sad now. ):

I think I'm slowly getting how the situation is...I'm really slow.
Yes, that would be the best thing ever! And it would also have... uh... and... stuff, with... things. Okay, I may need more time to think about it. ^^;; What do you think the plot would be like?

Thanks! ^^ No, I didn't think so! I always did like making stuff complicated.

As has mine, for quite some time now. ;_; At least she didn't drag him to Sinnoh for her brief return; that would've been too much!

It's alright. =) There are, like, hundreds of episodes, so it takes a very long time to get up to speed with them.

Toge-chan

Lalala~~
Yes, that would be the best thing ever! And it would also have... uh... and... stuff, with... things. Okay, I may need more time to think about it. ^^;; What do you think the plot would be like?

Thanks! ^^ No, I didn't think so! I always did like making stuff complicated.

As has mine, for quite some time now. ;_; At least she didn't drag him to Sinnoh for her brief return; that would've been too much!

It's alright. =) There are, like, hundreds of episodes, so it takes a very long time to get up to speed with them.

Drew and Brendan having a contest to win May's heart!! Yeah. 8D8D8D

I don't remember your stuff being complicated, though.

Eww anime. ): *is shot*

I think I stopped watching the anime when May started her journey with Ash.

Drew and Brendan having a contest to win May's heart!! Yeah. 8D8D8D

I don't remember your stuff being complicated, though.

Eww anime. ): *is shot*

I think I stopped watching the anime when May started her journey with Ash.
Hm... rather typical, but it could definitely work! ^^ I initially imagined the three of them teaming up against some villain, but your idea's cool, too.

Because I barely showed any of it. ^^;; The few things I've written down between then and now (most of it is in the form of handwritten notes) tend to lean toward the complex, though.

No one in this thread would shoot you for that! The reality of the situation still sucks, though. ):

I did, too (mostly because I was bitter over Misty...). Watching, anyway; I continued to keep track of it, though, so I could keep my knowledge sharp for fanfics, as well to check for any possible appearances by Brendan (and we all know how that went. >_<).

Kanta-chan

You guys post too fast. *already lost* XD;; but at least the thread is still alive yay~

@Toge: Drew vs Brendan in contest? Lawl, for some reason, I can't see Brendan in contests. In his cameos, he's always at some battle tower. *nodnod* He's prolly gonna lose to Drew. D= But as for Pokemon battling... >=) He's probably pwn Ash in battling too. Have you SEEN Brendan's Pokemon +_+ They're all so strong looking; not meant for contest. =/

@Icy: Yes, put up your sprites. =D

EDIT: I want a Brendan/May/Wally/Steven special/movie. )=

Last edited:
You guys post too fast. *already lost* XD;; but at least the thread is still alive yay~

@Toge: Drew vs Brendan in contest? Lawl, for some reason, I can't see Brendan in contests. In his cameos, he's always at some battle tower. *nodnod* He's prolly gonna lose to Drew. D= But as for Pokemon battling... >=) He's probably pwn Ash in battling too. Have you SEEN Brendan's Pokemon +_+ They're all so strong looking; not meant for contest. =/

@Icy: Yes, put up your sprites. =D

EDIT: I want a Brendan/May/Wally/Steven special/movie. )=
It seems as though our roles are reversed; now, you're the one left in the dust! XD Kidding, of course. I'm glad that I seem to be regaining my touch, though (I was formerly the most prolific poster in the old thread, after all), and even more so that the thread is alive.

My idea was more like this; when they first meet, Drew and Brendan are diametrically opposed, with Drew saying Contests are better and Brendan saying the same of battles. Naturally, one is better than the other at the thing they specialise in. Then, however, Brendan would be annoyed at how much attention Drew steals from May, and then enter a Contest with the sole purpose of showing him up. That's just me, though. ^^ Expect to see something like than when I finally get my fic off the ground.
I agree about his Pokemon; they are all quite powerful. I can imagine Swampert or Rhyperior handing Pikachu his yellow hind-quarters on a silver platter! >=D Unless of course, Ash pulls out his deus ex machina powers... then again, Brendan seems smart enough to have a contingency plan. (Ash: Aim for the horn! Brendan: Rhyperior, use Earthquake to knock Pikachu off balance! *wins*)

Yes, indeed; I would like to see as well..

Two words: DO WANT. Too bad the chances are pretty low...

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
My idea was more like this; when they first meet, Drew and Brendan are diametrically opposed, with Drew saying Contests are better and Brendan saying the same of battles. Naturally, one is better than the other at the thing they specialise in. Then, however, Brendan would be annoyed at how much attention Drew steals from May, and then enter a Contest with the sole purpose of showing him up.
I could definitely have imagined seeing an episode like that during AG; it's a shame it never happened. Brendan would enter with his Aggron or something and then terrify half the audience ^^; Though he'd probably end up making a fool of himself in the process of entering, I think May would appreciate his attempt to "see the other side of things" when it comes to Pokemon. She'd still probably yell at him for breaking the stage with an Earthquake or something though.

I could definitely have imagined seeing an episode like that during AG; it's a shame it never happened. Brendan would enter with his Aggron or something and then terrify half the audience ^^; Though he'd probably end up making a fool of himself in the process of entering, I think May would appreciate his attempt to "see the other side of things" when it comes to Pokemon. She'd still probably yell at him for breaking the stage with an Earthquake or something though.
Wow, that's about exactly as I imagined it! I can also seem him pounding his opponent to a pulp in the battle segment, and then having an argument with the judges when he loses anyway, seeing as the point of a contest match is to win stylishly, rather than through brute force. There's potential for a bit of a tender moment toward the end, with Brendan lamenting his failure and May consoling him with something along the lines of, "I still appreciate that you were willing to try something new," or "That was cool, just don't blast a hole in the ceiling with Hyper Beam next time". XD

BTW, I don't recall seeing you around before. Have you been to one of the earlier versions of the thread?

Kyoto-chan

YOU PEOPLE!!! STOP POSTING SO MUCH D8!

Toge said:
It's been like a year since L!, you liar.
A year is still a long time. D8 And I spent more time on IRC than the forums when the n00b-influx came along.

Kanta said:
We're just missing Kam. =(
I'll try to get her back on here; I talk to her sometimes. (But I've not seen her around for a while.)
Same with Usagi-chan (Marichi). |D;

Twinnie said:
I wonder if you'll say that when you're actually old xD Hey twinnie :] Y FTW :]
Well, like Toge said, I'm mentally forty.

ANYWAY, TOPIC TIEM Y/Y
HDV said:
My mind-canon has Wally and Brendan traveling together; since May's in Johto (supposedly), I kind of see Wally dragging him to a local Pokemon contest (because Wally is a part-time coordinator, yes) and everyone running into each other there. THE END.

now I feel like elaborating that into a fic

Well, it's a little tough not to post so much, seeing as we're all excited to be here again. ^^;;

Kyoto said:
My mind-canon has Wally and Brendan traveling together; since May's in Johto (supposedly), I kind of see Wally dragging him to a local Pokemon contest (because Wally is a part-time coordinator, yes) and everyone running into each other there. THE END.

now I feel like elaborating that into a fic
Hmm... you know, I actually had a similar idea some time back, except that Brendan and Wally were traveling together during the Hoenn episodes, while May was off with Ash. As for your idea, it works pretty well; short, sweet, and to the point!

If you don't, I just might... just, very, very slowly, as I usually am at writing anything. xD

Capital idea! How do you suppose it would work, though? Would we, like, each write a chapter or something (mine would probably always be overdue. xD)? And, for that matter, where would it be published? Come to think of it, there are a lot of things to consider... I'm certain it would still be fun, though!

Kyoto-chan

I CALL FOR AN MSN GROUP CHAT! (This is how Toge and I collab all the time lol.)

It certainly would be an interesting fic, though, though it'd probably be easier on all of us (considering I, for one, have no idea how to go about the beginning XD).

I say The Pit FF.net and the SPPf would be a good start for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.