• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoennshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marichi

Ta~da~da~daaaaa~!!! I'm back and I've missed you guys! =3=;;
Still got some pages to catch up on, but anyways -hoennshipping!

@Breezy
That's a pretty sweet idea of Brendan attending contest to see May instead of the pokemon. (Aa... somehow the pokemon seem so secondary or practically out of the picture...)

I've always imagined Brendan to be proud and a little difficult expressing what he really thinks -hence, teasing/bullying May. And yet despite all that, he still has that kind side to him.

But if it was Yuuki, then it would be the complete opposite. ^^;

Sequoia

Exactly! It's only enough for a one-shot, at best. It's like: "Step 1: Brendan, May, Wally, and Drew show up at contest. Step 2: ??? Step 3: PROFIT!". xDD

That PROFIT! thing just made me think of them secretly bombing the contest or something. XD

.. Interesting idea for a oneshot though. O:

Yesh we do. *holds up a sign* HOENNSHIPPING MEETING ON SATURDAY. Lol. I feel like Brendan and May are just a part of our diabolical plan. Muaha. >:)

YEEEEEEEEEAH! 8DDDD

IS THIS OUR FESTIVAL? OR CAN WE CHUCK ANOTHER FESTIVAL JUST SO WE FEEL COOL?

OMG, I come back in just one hour and there's a heap of posts. xD

EDIT: I found a really cute picture online. I bet if we tweak the two characters in the front, it would look like Brendan and May (actually the girl kinda looks like May-- the guy's hair just needs to be white) ;) ...and cross out "Audition" and put "Hoennshipping."
[picture (c) Audition]

Only 3 pages, dude. Gosh, I expected way more. XD

I like that picture. :D I think I'll attempt to recolour it. (and fail. but shh.)

Hey, if it's pictures you're interested, you can check find authentic Hoennshipping pics by looking through this place. Granted, it's very tough to navigate, since it's all in Japanese, but if you click on the links on the list labeled "ゲームその他", you can find sites with fanart of various game-based ships, including Hoennshipping. I've been looking through it all day, actually! ^^

8D HOENNSHIPPY ARRRRRT!

[IMG200]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/1605/hsfest.th.jpg[/IMG200]
(took me 5 goes to get the image code right. =v=)

Breezy said:
I can't quote through this entire thing. You guys are nuts. x_X Awesome, but nuts. So I'll respond in general. =D

I don't remember where I read this from (might have been from the second Hoennshipping thread or somewhere else), but I always liked the idea of Brendan, being the hardcore battler, coming to a contest where May was performing and then, when May saw him there, acting like he was only there to see the pokemon when he was really there to watch her.

And don't remember to make him a bit sexist, too! I remember one of his emerald lines, when you were about to battle him, was something like, "Aw, but I'm not going to lose to no May! *battle music*"

Oh Brendan and your odd way of speaking *pats his weird hat thing*

I really can't imagine Brendan anything else but cocky and hot-headed (but still caring underneath it all), but that might be because I've been working with his character for five years or so. >_>
That may be for the best. xD

Hmm... it does sound vaguely familiar. Regardless, it sounds to be about as good an idea as any. ^^ I wonder what excuses he'd make to cover up his true purpose... ?

As I'm currently writing him, I interpreted his sexism in the sense that he's overly-protective of May and doesn't think she can handle herself. Like, if she were to attempt to go somewhere or do something alone, he'd insist upon accompanying her, to "keep her out of trouble".

Honestly, I have to wonder if the translator was joking with us on that particular line. XD

Of course, of course! That doesn't mean he can't be smart and competent at the same time, though. He'd just be one of those guys who knows that he's smart and competent, and constantly flaunts it.

Jane said:
That PROFIT! thing just made me think of them secretly bombing the contest or something. XD

I like that picture. :D I think I'll attempt to recolour it. (and fail. but shh.)

8D HOENNSHIPPY ARRRRRT!
... You always did draw the weirdest conclusions, Sis.

I'll take that as an invitation to write it! (at some point...)

I think you did a good job! ^^

I know! =D And a lot of it, too! I'm still sifting through it.

Marichi! said:
Yay, Big Sis is finally back! [hugs] We were hoping you'd come back! =D

Nice ideas, too. ^^ And don't worry about catching up, you will soon enough.

Kana

kisses
Hey, I complimented your work, too, Sis! [feels ignored]

DID YOU EXPECT ANYTHING LESS? xDD

Oh, sorry bro~ :[ I was just skimming the posts, so I probably didn't notice xD; But thank you!

I don't know. I didn't know we'd all be back so... quickly? intensely?! : P

I can't quote through this entire thing. You guys are nuts. x_X Awesome, but nuts. So I'll respond in general. =D

I don't remember where I read this from (might have been from the second Hoennshipping thread or somewhere else), but I always liked the idea of Brendan, being the hardcore battler, coming to a contest where May was performing and then, when May saw him there, acting like he was only there to see the pokemon when he was really there to watch her.

And don't remember to make him a bit sexist, too! I remember one of his emerald lines, when you were about to battle him, was something like, "Aw, but I'm not going to lose to no May! *battle music*"

I really can't imagine Brendan anything else but cocky and hot-headed (but still caring underneath it all), but that might be because I've been working with his character for five years or so. >_>

lol, no one understands that Brendan-persona better than you, Breezy. Brendan in the games is a bit... typical rival xD But there's quite a distinction between him and Wally's characters, so I guess it does count for something.

@Breezy
That's a pretty sweet idea of Brendan attending contest to see May instead of the pokemon. (Aa... somehow the pokemon seem so secondary or practically out of the picture...)

I've always imagined Brendan to be proud and a little difficult expressing what he really thinks -hence, teasing/bullying May. And yet despite all that, he still has that kind side to him.

MARICHIRABBIT! *hug* Welcome back~

Haha, yeah, Pokemon don't even matter anymore when it's HOENNSHIPPING ;)

For some reason, just using the name "Yuuki" envokes a more romantic character <3 Soft-spoken, prince-like. lol.

nly 3 pages, dude. Gosh, I expected way more. XD

8D HOENNSHIPPY ARRRRRT!

Whoa, ambitious! If there were anymore posts I'd probably collapse from laziness. I'm so "unfit" from this aspect D:

Haha, love it! Audition eh Kanta : P

Kanta-chan

*sighs* what can I expect after a few hours offline? (heaps of posts again~) Then again I might be crazy too considering that I'm here in effing 7 am. >_>;

I know right? D: *attempts to quote*

Lawlll what a creeper. ;P

I remember that >: He's so cocky in the game~ xD your fic has the most notorious personality of Brendan.

I still think that's his hair for some reason. D:

@Breezy

Bunny-chaaaan <3 welcome back. :p

Aw, the poor Pokemon. At least he's paying attention to May...

IS THIS OUR FESTIVAL? OR CAN WE CHUCK ANOTHER FESTIVAL JUST SO WE FEEL COOL?

Only 3 pages, dude. Gosh, I expected way more. XD

8D HOENNSHIPPY ARRRRRT!

XD

I think we should throw another party/festival to celebrate our returns and our diabolical one-shot-plan with Brendan and May. *evil laugh*

3 pages is still a lot. ):

:D *saves and sets at desktop* Thanks for recoloring~ I couldn't attempt it xD *fails at anything artsy/coloring* It actually looks like Brendan and May now :D

Hmm... it does sound vaguely familiar. Regardless, it sounds to be about as good an idea as any. ^^ I wonder what excuses he'd make to cover up his true purpose... ?

As I'm currently writing him, I interpreted his sexism in the sense that he's overly-protective of May and doesn't think she can handle herself. Like, if she were to attempt to go somewhere or do something alone, he'd insist upon accompanying her, to "keep her out of trouble".

Honestly, I have to wonder if the translator was joking with us on that particular line. XD

Of course, of course! That doesn't mean he can't be smart and competent at the same time, though. He'd just be one of those guys who knows that he's smart and competent, and constantly flaunts it.
Brendan: >_> I was keeping an eye on you just in case some of these weirdos kidnap you or something... [/lame]
May: 0.o;

Aww, that's a nice way of thinking~ *pinches Brendan's cheek* He's so caring for his Mway~ :3

Hoennshipping hints gah. x_X;

Show-off to May. xD Is it just me or is he doing everything to get May's attention? ;O

I don't know. I didn't know we'd all be back so... quickly? intensely?! : P

Haha, yeah, Pokemon don't even matter anymore when it's HOENNSHIPPING ;)

For some reason, just using the name "Yuuki" envokes a more romantic character <3 Soft-spoken, prince-like. lol.

Haha, love it! Audition eh Kanta : P
XD I know right? Omg I spent 10+ minutes on this post. T_T

XD

*stares at her princely Yuuki story* ;_; Gaah I need to re-do it.

Shhh. xD

EDIT: We need Kam and Sandoishi here. >:

Last edited:

Marichi

Sequioa, it looks nice. I think you did nice job.

Sumner Sturgeon said:

Of course, of course! That doesn't mean he can't be smart and competent at the same time, though. He'd just be one of those guys who knows that he's smart and competent, and constantly flaunts

Yay, Big Sis is finally back! [hugs] We were hoping you'd come back! =D

Nice ideas, too. ^^ And don't worry about catching up, you will soon enough.

Overly-protective... I like that. That's just so... Brendan. I wonder if May would even realize why he's overly-protective of her right away or just eventually... I guess it depends on how subtle Brendan is about it.

Yes, I'm back. Thank you. [hugs back] It's almost as if I can say, "I'm home." C:

Thanks. I think I'm all caught up now. And the drabbles/scenario challenge ideas are rolling in. xDD I'll put them up a little later in my post.

Kana said:
MARICHIRABBIT! *hug* Welcome back~

Haha, yeah, Pokemon don't even matter anymore when it's HOENNSHIPPING

Hey Kana! Long time no see. *hugs back*

lawl So true. The spotlight is only on Brendan and May.

Exactly! He's like... the ideal guy. or at least my ideal guy... Come to think of it, just what sort of flaws would our princely Yuuki have anyway?
Kanta said:
Lawlll what a creeper. ;P

I remember that >: He's so cocky in the game~ xD your fic has the most notorious personality of Brendan.

I still think that's his hair for some reason. D:

*stares at her princely Yuuki story* ;_; Gaah I need to re-do it.
Kanta-chan! <3 Thanks for the invitation. I'm glad I could be a part of the reunion, and it's good to be back. C:

I have to agree with you there. At some point stalking does get a bit creepy -particularly if you're the one being stalked. = =;;

There's some fanart of Brendan with black hair and without the hat floating around online...somewhere. I thought he looked even more handsome but at the same time a mini Norman. ^^;

Isn't it hard not to go back and redo everything? I'm so tempted to rewrite all my stories, but ah forget it. I'll just keep looking forward.

Hey, there's been quite a number of different interpretations of Brendan, but what about May? From the previous posts, I'm getting the impressions that most view her as the "damsel in distress", head in the clouds, and... a little bit of a masochist? *shot*

I've always loved the manga interpretation of Sapphire being stubborn, hard headed, not at all dainty, and yet she's considerate and doesn't quite have a tin ear to the people's feelings around her.

O-K. I don't if you guys love this or hate it, but here comes the drabble/scenario challenge! You don't have to do it if you don't want to, and you don't even have to do all of them. It's completely up to you on how you want to do it and interpret them.

1. waiting for the rain to stop
2. whisper sweet nothings
3. 2nd button
4. can't say it in words
5. masquerade ball

Kanta-chan

Overly-protective... I like that. That's just so... Brendan. I wonder if May would even realize why he's overly-protective of her right away or just eventually... I guess it depends on how subtle Brendan is about it.

Kanta-chan! <3 Thanks for the invitation. I'm glad I could be a part of the reunion, and it's good to be back. C:
It's like May has her own guardian angel (d'aww)!

:D <3 We're all "back home."

There's some fanart of Brendan with black hair and without the hat floating around online...somewhere. I thought he looked even more handsome but at the same time a mini Norman. ^^;

Isn't it hard not to go back and redo everything? I'm so tempted to rewrite all my stories, but ah forget it. I'll just keep looking forward.
I've seen fanart with black hair and white hair, both hair colors, a hat... etcetc. @_@ Not only is Brendan's personality versatile, his hair seems to be debatable as well...

XD *sighs sadly* Yeah... I left off so many things unfinished.

Hey, there's been quite a number of different interpretations of Brendan, but what about May? From the previous posts, I'm getting the impressions that most view her as the "damsel in distress", head in the clouds, and... a little bit of a masochist? *shot*

I've always loved the manga interpretation of Sapphire being stubborn, hard headed, not at all dainty, and yet she's considerate and doesn't quite have a tin ear to the people's feelings around her.
Ohh, we've been discussing Brendan so much I never realized how much May is the same. From what I've seen in the anime, she's ALL of those. She's a bit happy-go-lucky too.

I lurve Sapphire. :D She doesn't take crap from anybody.

O-K. I don't if you guys love this or hate it, but here comes the drabble/scenario challenge! You don't have to do it if you don't want to, and you don't even have to do all of them. It's completely up to you on how you want to do it and interpret them.

3. 2nd button
4. can't say it in words
5. masquerade ball
This sounds fun. :D Kudos to Marichi for having such a fun idea.

1.) Let's just say that Brendan and May are supposed to take a trainers' exam before they can become an official trainer. They exit the Rustboro Academy and it's raining. "Darn; I didn't bring an umbrella," May said.

Brendan fumbles through his backpack. "Oops... I didn't either."

"Maybe we should wait for the rain to--"

Brendan grabs May's hand and they run into the rain. "LET'S RUN!"

"Brendan, you're crazyyyy!" She wanted to stop him, but his clutch was too firm and he was running really, really fast.

They both run through the rain from Rustboro to Littleroot. They are totally soaked, and they both get sick. The end~ *lame*

4.) Brendan and May are eating lunch at school. May has a piece of green vegetable stuck between her two front-top teeth, and she's jabbering away. Brendan is sitting across from her staring her teeth. May notices that he isn't giving her eye contact and got the wrong idea that he was staring at something else. She smacks him in the forehead. "Ow what was that for?" Brendan asks in pain.

"Perv!" She pouts and leaves Brendan by himself.

Brendan smacks himself in the forehead. "Why couldn't I have just told her about the vegetable instead of staring at her like a dumdum?" He realizes that May would look like an idiot for the rest of the day if he didn't go tell her. "May wait up!" he shouts, and goes after her.

5.) Romeo and Juliet?

Kana

kisses
Yes, I'm back. Thank you. [hugs back] It's almost as if I can say, "I'm home." C:

Hey Kana! Long time no see. *hugs back*

3. 2nd button
4. can't say it in words
5. masquerade ball

Welcome home then, dear~ :D

lol, sounds weird having someone call me that, actually. *needs username change* Kyahh. D:

I REMEMBER THIS!!! I loved these~ :] You always had a topic for us, Marichi!

5.) Romeo and Juliet?

Ohhhh dear. We're studying that in English, and we just watched Act 1 of the movie today xDDD

My take on the challenge:

(1) waiting in the rain

She stands alone on the edge of the concrete, her umbrella in hand, the rain falling in silver ribbons around her. She doesn't really know why she's here. With each car that passes her, the water splashing onto her boots, she wonders why she had listened to him. Why she had decided to meet him at all. Why she is still thinking of him, waiting for him, as the wind howls and her umbrella gives in and the rain penetrates her skin.

Why the moment she thinks about giving up and going home is the moment that she sees him.

[/cheese] Sorry guys! Cheese just warms me up xD

Might I ask what is "2nd button"?

Last edited:

Kanta-chan

lol, sounds weird having someone call me that, actually. *needs username change* Kyahh. D:

Ohhhh dear. We're studying that in English, and we just watched Act 1 of the movie today xDDD

(1) waiting in the rain

She stands alone on the edge of the concrete, her umbrella in hand, the rain falling in silver ribbons around her. She doesn't really know why she's here. With each car that passes her, the water splashing onto her boots, she wonders why she had listened to him. Why she had decided to meet him at all. Why she is still thinking of him, waiting for him, as the wind howls and her umbrella gives in and the rain penetrates her skin.

Why the moment she thinks about giving up and going home is the moment that she sees him.

I need the name change thread too. I wanna go back to just "Kanta" ):

I actually hate R&J.

Ohh Brendan's in trouble; he's LATE. ;D It's a bad thing to keep a girl waiting.

*doesn't know what second button is either* As for whisper sweet nothings, I see Brendan and May whispering to each other along the bank of a river... on a date. :D

Marichi

kanta chan said:
It's like May has her own guardian angel (d'aww)!
Haha, I guess that's exactly it. C:

kanta chan said:
I've seen fanart with black hair and white hair, both hair colors, a hat... etcetc. @_@ Not only is Brendan's personality versatile, his hair seems to be debatable as well...
I remember we debated on the hair and the hat for such a long time on the last thread.

kanta chan said:
No worries, I'm in the same boat. ;___;

Ohh, we've been discussing Brendan so much I never realized how much May is the same. From what I've seen in the anime, she's ALL of those. She's a bit happy-go-lucky too.

I lurve Sapphire. She doesn't take crap from anybody.
Yeah! Are we all on the same wavelength or something? lol Or maybe because she's in the anime, we just... adapt?

Sapphire is awesome. Just awesome. Although, I was a bit disappointed on how she got trapped in the car during the final battle and couldn't do anything. >:U
kantaneesy said:
1.) Let's just say that Brendan and May are supposed to take a trainers' exam before they can become an official trainer. They exit the Rustboro Academy and it's raining. "Darn; I didn't bring an umbrella," May said.

Brendan fumbles through his backpack. "Oops... I didn't either."

"Maybe we should wait for the rain to--"

Brendan grabs May's hand and they run into the rain. "LET'S RUN!"

"Brendan, you're crazyyyy!" She wanted to stop him, but his clutch was too firm and he was running really, really fast.

They both run through the rain from Rustboro to Littleroot. They are totally soaked, and they both get sick. The end~ *lame*

4.) Brendan and May are eating lunch at school. May has a piece of green vegetable stuck between her two front-top teeth, and she's jabbering away. Brendan is sitting across from her staring her teeth. May notices that he isn't giving her eye contact and got the wrong idea that he was staring at something else. She smacks him in the forehead. "Ow what was that for?" Brendan asks in pain.

"Perv!" She pouts and leaves Brendan by himself.

Brendan smacks himself in the forehead. "Why couldn't I have just told her about the vegetable instead of staring at her like a dumdum?" He realizes that May would look like an idiot for the rest of the day if he didn't go tell her. "May wait up!" he shouts, and goes after her.
Nicely done, Kanta. I could so imagine another moment happening here. Because Brendan is running so fast, he slips on the mud and pulls May down with him. Ah, it'd be a mess, but so many possibilities... =3=

cherz said:
Welcome home then, dear~

I REMEMBER THIS!!! I loved these~ :] You always had a topic for us, Marichi!
It's good to be back. C:
If you could change your name, what name would you like us to call you?
Tee~hee~ Well, you guys are just inspiring. How could I not give you guys a topic?
cherz said:

(1) waiting in the rain

For a minute there, I thought May had been stood up. D:
Geez, that Brendan. Such a bad boy making a lady wait! >:U
But, I'm sure there was probably a good reason for it. =3=;;

cherz said:
Aa, the second button. You know the Japanese middle school boys uniform? The one that's all black? The idea is that the boys wear these uniforms pretty much all year round and throughout middle school -I think. And the second button is the closest button to the heart. So when it's graduation and a boy gives his second button to the girl he likes, it's like saying, "Everyday, these past years, you are the person closest to my heart."

Last edited:
Okay, wow; lots and lots of posts. ><

Marichi-nee said:

Thanks. I think I'm all caught up now. And the drabbles/scenario challenge ideas are rolling in. xDD I'll put them up a little later in my post.

Aa, the second button. You know the Japanese middle school boys uniform? The one that's all black? The idea is that the boys wear these uniforms pretty much all year round and throughout middle school -I think. And the second button is the closest button to the heart. So when it's graduation and a boy gives his second button to the girl he likes, it's like saying, "Everyday, these past years, you are the person closest to my heart."
You really like the idea? Thank you! ^_^ I imagine he would be quite open with his overprotectiveness, yet shy away when called out on it. Like you, I imagine him having a bit of difficulty in expressing himself, particularly when it comes to more... delicate emotions.

You're welcome! It's good to have you home.

Yes, I saw them; quite interesting. ^^ For me, though, the creative process comes much slower, so I'd probably need some more time to come up with something...

Brendan with black hair confuses me. @_@ I can never tell if it's supposed to be him or Ruby, since half the time, the same artists seem to neglect Ruby's distinctive slanted eyes. Although, if he's ever drawn with an eye colour besides red (like gray, brown, yellow[!?], etc.), chances are it's Brendan. Personally, I think he looks prettier with white hair...

Whatever works best for you, I suppose. ^^

Typically, I see May portrayed in fanfic as either anime-May or Sapphire without fangs. xD I never picked up on the "masochist" angle, though...

I actually rather enjoy her, too, despite my limited exposure to the manga. ^^

... Wow. You sure know a lot about this Japanese cultural stuff! I'm quite impressed.

Kanta said:
Brendan: >_> I was keeping an eye on you just in case some of these weirdos kidnap you or something... [/lame]
May: 0.o;

Aww, that's a nice way of thinking~ *pinches Brendan's cheek* He's so caring for his Mway~ :3

Show-off to May. xD Is it just me or is he doing everything to get May's attention? ;O

<3 We're all "back home."

I lurve Sapphire. She doesn't take crap from anybody.
Well... that's one way to put it, I suppose. XD

I like it that way. ^_^ I never cared for male protagonists who are only into themselves; it's so much more romantic when he's all caring and such.

Maybe not everything... but a good percentage of it, at least. ^^

I'm certainly all the more happier for it.

As far as I'm concerned, his hair being white is canon, due to this piece of official art (which I believe I showed you at one point). I noticed, though, that Western fanart seems to favour drawing him with black hair, while Japanese fanart favours white. Not sure why...

At least you started. >_<;; All I have to show for my efforts are a few paragraphs of my first chapter and a pile of handwritten notes...

Hmm... seems odd that we didn't notice till now.

I'll admit, I found her somewhat intimidating at first. XD But her personality's slowly grown on me since then.

Ice-Phoenix-chan

gone with the wind~
CC said:
Yes! We must act quickly... first off, we should probably throw a brick through Hidaka's window with our demands on it. XD Then, perhaps he'll finally be persuaded to put Brendan on the show with May!

Most of the time, IMO. FMA, Eureka Seven, Bleach, Code Geass... all excellent dubs. Of course, what they have in common is that none of them were done by 4Kids, one of the ONLY sources of truly bad dubs. ><

Okay, whenever you're ready. ^^

That's actually a good way to think about it! =)

Yes, that's true. I imagine that, by "pwn", you mean "pull some contrived deus ex machina out of his bum and win completely unfairly", right? XDD

Yeah! Breezy's hot-blooded interpretation of him matches his Pokemon pretty well, actually.

Well, at least it's not just me. xD
Another good idea!

He was always there, I believe.

Yep! It's just... cute, for whatever reason. ^^

Uh, ask Kanta... ^^;;

Yes, that is an awesome plan... how are we getting there again? Making a teleporting machine would probably be a piece of cake with all that knowledge ^^

Well, luckily, Pokemon finally got off that!

XD It'll take me a while... ^^;;

Yes, that or a win by a stupid fluke... or if Brendan is that strong, he'll probably just be intrupted by something and then work together with him to defeat w/e (which would most likely be TR) and then either the battle will be unsettled and go all like "we'll meet again and I'll be stronger next time!" or "win" by Brendan's pokemon being weak from defeating TR.

Ohh okay, that would work too since B/M were the ones that moved in..

When are memories of sigificant others especially during their childhood not cute? XD

Kanta said:
@Icy and CC: I was talking about the song I wrote out of boredom in the old thread. XD

On the first day of Christmas Brendan gave to May, a necklace to remember this daaaay~ That's about all I can remember from it. ^^; It's on page 44 of the old thread.

EDIT: I found a really cute picture online. I bet if we tweak the two characters in the front, it would look like Brendan and May (actually the girl kinda looks like May-- the guy's hair just needs to be white) ...and cross out "Audition" and put "Hoennshipping."
[picture (c) Audition]

Ohh! I remember that XD Funny how you remember the page of it XD

Kinda awkward pic @_@;; but yes, it'll work...

Marichi-nee-san said:

@Breezy

=OOO Marichi-nee-san!!! *glomps*

That's how I kinda imagined him to be too (or now I do... my memory does not extend that far lol) but yes, cocky but not to the max cocky where you want to punch him in the face. He'd seem nicer one you get to know him and his cockiness would be just an exterior

CC said:

Hmm... that's a cute way of thinking of it too.. actually, the way I interperted it was I guess some what similar. I thought he was just being imature (being the ...10-13? yr-old he is) and not knowing how to express his feelings for May... its all so cute~ <3

Marichi said:
Ahh, you and your challenge theme thingies... I really like this one... maybe I'll do something on it later...? (<-- BIG ? there... lol)

Kanta said:

I always liked the white "hat" as his hair D:

lol @ #4 and veggies XD

Cherri said:

Gah... Your name change always confused me @_@;; I am always stuck between calling you Cherri or Kana @_@;;;

Kanta said:
I actually hate R&J.
Make that Shakespeare X_x;;

Marichineesy said:

I was thinking a happy go lucky type girl with little cares/worries and is a little slow on the whole romance thing. Some what a damsel in distress in certain situations but more of a fighter who can go against Brendan's cockiness.

Ohh~ aww taht's so cute~ XD
I was thinking of them pushing the same elevator button XD

CC said:
You really like the idea? Thank you! ^_^ I imagine he would be quite open with his overprotectiveness, yet shy away when called out on it. Like you, I imagine him having a bit of difficulty in expressing himself, particularly when it comes to more... delicate emotions.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Yes, that is an awesome plan... how are we getting there again? Making a teleporting machine would probably be a piece of cake with all that knowledge ^^

Well, luckily, Pokemon finally got off that!

XD It'll take me a while... ^^;;

Yes, that or a win by a stupid fluke... or if Brendan is that strong, he'll probably just be interrupted by something and then work together with him to defeat w/e (which would most likely be TR) and then either the battle will be unsettled and go all like "we'll meet again and I'll be stronger next time!" or "win" by Brendan's pokemon being weak from defeating TR.

Ohh okay, that would work too since B/M were the ones that moved in..

When are memories of significant others especially during their childhood not cute? XD

Ohh! I remember that XD Funny how you remember the page of it XD

Kinda awkward pic @_@;; but yes, it'll work...

That's how I kinda imagined him to be too (or now I do... my memory does not extend that far lol) but yes, cocky but not to the max cocky where you want to punch him in the face. He'd seem nicer one you get to know him and his cockiness would be just an exterior

Hmm... that's a cute way of thinking of it too.. actually, the way I interperted it was I guess some what similar. I thought he was just being imature (being the ...10-13? yr-old he is) and not knowing how to express his feelings for May... its all so cute~ <3

Ahh, you and your challenge theme thingies... I really like this one... maybe I'll do something on it later...? (<-- BIG ? there... lol)

I was thinking a happy go lucky type girl with little cares/worries and is a little slow on the whole romance thing. Some what a damsel in distress in certain situations but more of a fighter who can go against Brendan's cockiness.

Exactly what I was thinking!
Yes, yes! We should get to work right away! xD

Quite lucky, yes! ^^ (well, mostly, anyway; like I said, the translation's better, but not the voices...)

Take your time~

Wow, I had the same idea! It's almost like we're in each other's heads... or maybe the dreaded coincidences are back! =O But, yes, in all seriousness, I imagine that if neither of them beat the other, they'd team up against some greater (though can we really call TR "greater"? XD) threat.

Right!

Never, if you ask me! ^^

Good, good. I was sure you'd remember soon enough. xD

It looks a bit less awkward with Jane's editing...

Just like that, yeah! Like, he would be sort of abrasive at first, and then as you get to know him better and vice versa, he would gradually become nicer. And he would only really stay cocky toward opponents.

There's a bunch of ways of seeing it, I guess, but they're all cute. <3

Well, at least it's not just me who'll be taking a while to respond to them. XD

Me, too! It's more unique that way, plus it sets him apart from Ruby. ^^

Classic? Yes. Totally unreadable at times? Unfortunately, also yes. ><;;

That's about how I saw it, too, 'cept with emphasis on the happy-go-lucky part, since I also imagined Brendan as an uptight sort of guy; it would balance him out.

It sure is! Lol, seriously? XD Though I guess there could be something vaguely romantic about that, too...

Glad we're on the same page. =)

Kana

kisses
I actually hate R&J.

Ohh Brendan's in trouble; he's LATE. ;D It's a bad thing to keep a girl waiting.

*doesn't know what second button is either* As for whisper sweet nothings, I see Brendan and May whispering to each other along the bank of a river... on a date. :D

lol! I like the dialogue, but not the story xD

Baaad boy :x

Awww, I liked your vegetable story~ It actually happens to me all the time, except I don't slap people for it xD

No worries, I'm in the same boat. ;___;

Sapphire is awesome. Just awesome. Although, I was a bit disappointed on how she got trapped in the car during the final battle and couldn't do anything. >:U

Count me in too :[

lol, that was pretty lame. She had the more (ostensibly) hardcore personality too :/

Nicely done, Kanta. I could so imagine another moment happening here. Because Brendan is running so fast, he slips on the mud and pulls May down with him. Ah, it'd be a mess, but so many possibilities... =3=

Ohhhh Marichi xDDD The ultimate anime cliche is universal!

If you could change your name, what name would you like us to call you?
Tee~hee~ Well, you guys are just inspiring. How could I not give you guys a topic?
For a minute there, I thought May had been stood up. D:
Geez, that Brendan. Such a bad boy making a lady wait! >:U
But, I'm sure there was probably a good reason for it. =3=;;

Cherri/Cherz is fine (derived from the lovely Cherry Grove... which was derived from Cherrygrove City haha). If I changed my name, I don't know which one I'd pick. I pronounce "Cherz" as "Chairz" in my head whenever I see it. Or "Cherrrrz." But it looks cool xD

Thanks! 0:]

Yes yes, isn't he?! Nah, I think he's just a lazy bum who forgot his date. xD

How cute! One of the perks of having a uniform eh? Cute little Japanese boys giving cute little Japanese girls buttons! :D Why don't we have something like that here? I'd rather get a button (from the heart! awww) than a random bouquet of flowers bought from some random store (unless it was really, really well thought out).

Haha, aren't most guys like this? At least, the freshman boys I know (if that counts at all). lol.

I like it that way. ^_^ I never cared for male protagonists who are only into themselves; it's so much more romantic when he's all caring and such.

Hmmmm... I like something that's not too overdone. Maybe a caring Brendan who is genuinely... uh, caring, while May is kind of "fiery" (or abusive?!). Then again, that isn't new either. Just another spin on love/hate, except Brendan don't hate... Similar to Ruby/Sapphire I guess, except Ruby's sort of fiery as well.

As far as I'm concerned, his hair being white is canon, due to this piece of official art (which I believe I showed you at one point). I noticed, though, that Western fanart seems to favour drawing him with black hair, while Japanese fanart favours white. Not sure why...

Because Japanese people have black hair anyway. :p

Gah... Your name change always confused me @_@;; I am always stuck between calling you Cherri or Kana @_@;;;

Just call me Cherri. Or Cherz. :)

Last edited:
Cherri said:
Haha, aren't most guys like this? At least, the freshman boys I know (if that counts at all). lol.

Hmmmm... I like something that's not too overdone. Maybe a caring Brendan who is genuinely... uh, caring, while May is kind of "fiery" (or abusive?!). Then again, that isn't new either. Just another spin on love/hate, except Brendan don't hate... Similar to Ruby/Sapphire I guess, except Ruby's sort of fiery as well.

How cute! One of the perks of having a uniform eh? Cute little Japanese boys giving cute little Japanese girls buttons! Why don't we have something like that here? I'd rather get a button (from the heart! awww) than a random bouquet of flowers bought from some random store (unless it was really, really well thought out).

Because Japanese people have black hair anyway. :p
Well, I know I was at first. ^^;; I eventually grew out of the second part, though...

The way I thought of, Brendan would be the more fiery one, but it would be sorta selective; he'd be abrasive and hotheaded toward most of the time, but noticeably nicer at other times (particularly if May is involved). This is really the best explanation I can come up with, even if it's usually applied toward female characters. May, on the other hand, would be the lighter, more sanguine of the two, balancing out Brendan's choleric temperament.

I know! It's very... deep, I suppose. I almost wish I knew that back when I still had to wear buttons... but, then again, no one else would get it. XD

Huh... never thought of it that way. Come to think of it, I have black hair, too, so maybe that's why I also prefer the white.

Kanta-chan

I remember we debated on the hair and the hat for such a long time on the last thread.

And we're still debating to this day. xD

YESH. And then May would yell at him and they would get into a cuute squabble! *imagination running in directions*

AWW. That is soooo cute. :D I can see "Yuuki" doing that, but "Brendan"... he's not that mushy is he? xD

Brendan with black hair confuses me. @_@ I can never tell if it's supposed to be him or Ruby, since half the time, the same artists seem to neglect Ruby's distinctive slanted eyes. Although, if he's ever drawn with an eye colour besides red (like gray, brown, yellow[!?], etc.), chances are it's Brendan. Personally, I think he looks prettier with white hair...

Typically, I see May portrayed in fanfic as either anime-May or Sapphire without fangs. xD I never picked up on the "masochist" angle, though...

I'll admit, I found her somewhat intimidating at first. XD But her personality's slowly grown on me since then.
Brendan: Why are you guys talking about meee~ T~T
Us: XD;

Agreed. I like him with white hair too. >: Oh yeah, I remember that picture.

In the anime, with her different swimsuits and Nurse Joy outfit.. err.. yeah..
May: Now i'm being talked about too. ;_;

:D

lol @ #4 and veggies XD

XD Teleporting sounds fun.

He's probably one of those boys that make fun of a girl, but secretly has a crush on her. ;)

Me too!

X_X;;

:D That's what makes her the best with Brendan!

xDD Aww, that's cute too! *was brain dead on that one*

Awww, I liked your vegetable story~ It actually happens to me all the time, except I don't slap people for it xD

Yes yes, isn't he?! Nah, I think he's just a lazy bum who forgot his date. xD

How cute! One of the perks of having a uniform eh? Cute little Japanese boys giving cute little Japanese girls buttons! :D Why don't we have something like that here? I'd rather get a button (from the heart! awww) than a random bouquet of flowers bought from some random store (unless it was really, really well thought out).

Just call me Cherri. Or Cherz. :)
She slapped him because she thought he was staring at her chest. xD

O_O; BAD BRENDAN. DDDD:

Yeah, that's so much cuter. C: More meaningful too <333

Ohh yeahh. I like Ruby/Sapphire's relationship. Brendan and May's more fun to play around with. ;P

Or Chairz. :D

And we're still debating to this day. xD

YESH. And then May would yell at him and they would get into a cuute squabble! *imagination running in directions*

AWW. That is soooo cute. :D I can see "Yuuki" doing that, but "Brendan"... he's not that mushy is he? xD

Brendan: Why are you guys talking about meee~ T~T
Us: XD;

Agreed. I like him with white hair too. >: Oh yeah, I remember that picture.

In the anime, with her different swimsuits and Nurse Joy outfit.. err.. yeah..
May: Now i'm being talked about too. ;_;

:D

He's probably one of those boys that make fun of a girl, but secretly has a crush on her. ;)

:D That's what makes her the best with Brendan!

O_O; BAD BRENDAN. DDDD:

Yeah, that's so much cuter. C: More meaningful too <333

Ohh yeahh. I like Ruby/Sapphire's relationship. Brendan and May's more fun to play around with. ;P
Well, it is pretty fun. xD

And then at the end, they would make up, right? ^^

Funny... I get a different impression from "Yūki" (as opposed to "Brendan"), too, but I always got more of a chivalrous, knight-like image rather than the princely one you guys mentioned. But, yeah, "Yūki" seems more prone to that kind of thing than "Brendan". If the latter did do it, though, he'd probably be a lot shyer about it. XD

You should be grateful, Brendan! The real writers never will!
Brendan: Well... when you put it that way, it's not so bad. =)

Me, too! ^^ I figured you'd remember.

Er, yes, I remember those... but what's the connection? ^^;;

Likewise.

Or maybe not so much directly make fun of her, but say stuff that he thinks is nice, but actually sound belittling. You know, unintentionally; obviously, he would still like her on the inside. ;)

I wholeheartedly agree!

Hehe... embarrassing. XD

VERY BAD! Promptness is a good quality, and one not to be ignored! >=O

True, true. Meaningful is good! <3

Personally, I like to include aspects of both. =P

Kana

kisses
Well, I know I was at first. ^^;; I eventually grew out of the second part, though...

The way I thought of, Brendan would be the more fiery one, but it would be sorta selective; he'd be abrasive and hotheaded toward most of the time, but noticeably nicer at other times (particularly if May is involved). This is really the best explanation I can come up with, even if it's usually applied toward female characters. May, on the other hand, would be the lighter, more sanguine of the two, balancing out Brendan's choleric temperament.

Hopefully it'll be better next year then. xD They're so cute.

lol at that TV Wiki thing! xDD I never even knew something like that existed, but it's the internet, right? A scary male may be less scary than a scary female, only because of that "oh he won't hit her or anything because HOW COULD HE" lol. Thanks for improving my vocabulary by one word =)

Huh... never thought of it that way. Come to think of it, I have black hair, too, so maybe that's why I also prefer the white.

Yay! Black hair FTW! *high-five*

Or Chairz. :D

Maybe if they're in fourth grade (the year I joined SPPf... bahahaha). ;) I hope my writing has improved since then. If not, I will be very, very, sad about my lack of progress...

Tehe, precisely! I gots no chest, so I don't have to worry. ;P

It'd be easier to pronounce, at least. XD

Ice-Phoenix-chan

gone with the wind~
Yes, yes! We should get to work right away! xD

Quite lucky, yes! ^^ (well, mostly, anyway; like I said, the translation's better, but not the voices...)

Take your time~

Wow, I had the same idea! It's almost like we're in each other's heads... or maybe the dreaded coincidences are back! =O But, yes, in all seriousness, I imagine that if neither of them beat the other, they'd team up against some greater (though can we really call TR "greater"? XD) threat.

Right!

Never, if you ask me! ^^

Good, good. I was sure you'd remember soon enough. xD

It looks a bit less awkward with Jane's editing...

Just like that, yeah! Like, he would be sort of abrasive at first, and then as you get to know him better and vice versa, he would gradually become nicer. And he would only really stay cocky toward opponents.

There's a bunch of ways of seeing it, I guess, but they're all cute. <3

Well, at least it's not just me who'll be taking a while to respond to them. XD

Me, too! It's more unique that way, plus it sets him apart from Ruby. ^^

Classic? Yes. Totally unreadable at times? Unfortunately, also yes. ><;;

That's about how I saw it, too, 'cept with emphasis on the happy-go-lucky part, since I also imagined Brendan as an uptight sort of guy; it would balance him out.

It sure is! Lol, seriously? XD Though I guess there could be something vaguely romantic about that, too...

Glad we're on the same page. =)

XD Yesh... So... how are we gonna fund our project though?

Nah, great minds think alike. It'd be handy for our project to overtake Hidaka's office to get Brendan some show time!
Oh TR... those weirdos XD

Yes...

And his cockiness gonna be how they'll get into trouble (every time) XD

XD

Balanced couples are always good XD

Oh course the elevator button would equate to them both "coincidentally" pressing it at the same time and touching each other's hands in the process *gets killed for over clichedness*

^_^

Kanta said:

He's probably one of those boys that make fun of a girl, but secretly has a crush on her.

Me too!

X_X;;

That's what makes her the best with Brendan!

xDD Aww, that's cute too! *was brain dead on that one*

Would you like to join us? :D

Yep~ Exactly what I was thinking

Haha... but its very lame XD

Hopefully it'll be better next year then. xD They're so cute.

lol at that TV Wiki thing! xDD I never even knew something like that existed, but it's the internet, right? A scary male may be less scary than a scary female, only because of that "oh he won't hit her or anything because HOW COULD HE" lol. Thanks for improving my vocabulary by one word =)

Yay! Black hair FTW! *high-five*

Maybe if they're in fourth grade (the year I joined SPPf... bahahaha). ;) I hope my writing has improved since then. If not, I will be very, very, sad about my lack of progress...

Tehe, precisely! I gots no chest, so I don't have to worry. ;P
Maybe. ^^ Good luck with that!

LOL, I know! I was amazed the very first time I found it; I must have chewed up several hours just looking through random stuff. XD Hm, I suppose that would make sense... personally, I prefer it when neither side has to resort to that. >< You're welcome! I seem to have a knack for that.

Yeah! Black-haired pride, or something like that! XD

Perhaps. As for your writing, I'm certain it's gotten better. ^^ Hell, it was pretty good to begin with! (besides, just about anything you guys have done is leagues ahead of me...)

... Well, that's way more info than any of us bargained for, but okay then! XDD

Icy said:
XD Yesh... So... how are we gonna fund our project though?

Nah, great minds think alike. It'd be handy for our project to overtake Hidaka's office to get Brendan some show time!
Oh TR... those weirdos XD

And his cockiness gonna be how they'll get into trouble (every time) XD

XD

Balanced couples are always good XD

Oh course the elevator button would equate to them both "coincidentally" pressing it at the same time and touching each other's hands in the process *gets killed for over clichedness*

Would you like to join us?
Uh... that may need some thought. XD

Yes! Synchronised thinking will aid us in our efforts!
Of course; it's their thing. xD

That'd probably be fun to watch. XD

Balance is good; it ensures an interesting range of interactions. ^^

Aw, it's not that cliche. I still think it's kinda cute.

Some help could be good for our mission...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.