• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoennshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Phoenix-chan

gone with the wind~
@ Icy: I don't dislike any of them, but I agree some have better looks than others, haha.

I'm guessing he'd be around 13/14 by the Hoenn arch? I don't know. D:

lol I just don't like how some can't sing/act/dance yet they are so popular as "singers" or w/e but aren't even good at their role/job except for looking pretty. But hey, who am I to say, pretty boys are always good for the mind/eyes... lol

@Kanta
Your Xanga layout is very weird if your IE is 800x600 @_@;; (or w/e the scene size is that isn't 1024
Ohh, poor Wally *glomps* XD

Cherz said:
O__O Whoa! I didn't know that! That's REALLY creepy. Isn't that illegal? xDD

Mmmm yeah. Smart jerk? Not too jerky though :]

Now you do. Have I just killed your Sailor Moon fandom? XD kidding
Ya... pretty pedophillic @_@;;

XD Yes of course, how can we let May be without having a source of annoyance from B-boy?

It was cute but sometimes too much on the detail, as CC said... You know how you sorta sometimes add too much hot sauce that it takes away the flavour of the food? Ya... its kinda like that ^^;;

CC said:
It's not that weird! I mean, I was three years older than-- well, okay, I won't unload my dirty laundry in the thread again, but you know what/who I mean. ^^;; I'd say that, as long as one is not a legal adult while the other isn't, a slight age difference isn't so bad.

Good point! Although, I still kinda like the idea of the idea of an older, jaded Brendan with lots of experience and such... I dunno, both ideas work. ^^
I'd agree with that, too.

As for Ash's age, I'm pretty sure he'd be about 14-15, assuming each region equals one year. And, concerning May's title, I'm almost certain it's from Contest victories.

After 6-7 years, I find the age differences rather awkward/weird. 3 is around what I find acceptable. Its all very complicated... if you are 15 and under, the guy can be 1 year older at most but perferably the same age. If you're 16-18, 2 year difference is acceptable. If you're 19-21, 3 year difference. 21+ perferably 5 year difference at most. If you're 28+ 10 year difference is *MARGINALLY* acceptable, depending... This is alllll imo, of course. And the guy should be the older. If he is younger, 1 year younger is the largest acceptable age difference.

But there always are those cute old couples that are 10 years different and its okay cuz they're old now but when you're young... please don't. lol. Well, of cousre, unless there was some crazy situation where it's DESTINED that you be togehter and you're like 20 years apart. I'd be like . . . erm... okay... this is sorta acceptable since they're destined but other than that... again, pleaes don't.

Don't ask why/how I came up with this... as I said, its all imo.

So "technically", by my standards, if Ash is 14-15 (lol I thought he was 16), Advancedshipping isn't acceptable to my standards... except for the fact that I still sorta support it o_O;; (since I bump May's age up a bit, which most people agree to from "obvious reasons", as CC said XD)

Hmm... If May is Princess of Hoenn... the Shuu would most likely be granted the title of the Prince of Hoenn... o_O;;;;;; *gets killed for so many un-Hoennshippy implications* X_X;;

Dark Sentry

Kenta gud trainer
I believe that my return to the forum is in due order; it has been a while hasn't it DS? I'm all ears as to the one-shot. I may just throw one up here, just to get some exposure after such an absense.
Please refrain from chat spam.
But welcome to the new Hoennshipping General Discussion Thread, you know the rules so please conform to them.

So I justed downloaded open office and I am commencing to writing it. I brainstormed all day in class and now have a title, not a release date. Last time I rushed into making a fic about 5 years ago I plagiarized heavily :(

Here's a drabble..

"You know if you get caught again Principal Aldrich will expell you.. Why are you gonna skip again?" said a blue-eyed girl, worrying over her friend

"Nah, I'll be back 2nd block, I just didn't get time to study yesterday for that trig exam and I still don't know the law of cosines and ****. Why are you so worried?" replied the white-haired delinquent.

Brendan had missed over twelve full days of school, usually only to go fishing, and always leaving his closest friends in a panic over his chances of passing 10th grade. He reached into the back of his fairly clean cab and pulled out a can of grizzly, and began to open it. Once the lid was off he began to pinch some of the moist tobacco, only to have both the can and his face slapped by a rather small hand.

"Damnit Brendan! You told me you stopped that stuff. I'm so ashamed in your slack ***!"

"Ugh... It was my last can I was gonna stop afterwards..."

"When are you gonna stop this nasty stuff and do something useful? Your lazy and you have nasty habits and I just want you to be good for once."

"Tell ya what May, I'll fly straight, but you gotta skip with me today! That sounds fair."

"WHAT?!??! I'LL RUIN MY PERFECT ATTENDANCE!"

"Jezuz, your sooo uptight its not even funny... if you just would ease up and relax for today, I'll be a goody-two shoes forever."

"A goody-two shoes? Is that what I am to you?"

"Well, yeah.. kinda.. just get in!"

"I can't! What would my mom say? or what would my dad think? What if we got caught and I wasn't allowed to talk to you again?"

"Who chooses your friends, you or them?"

May pondered this for a minute. She realized she was a very uptight, strict girl and was always trying to control Brendan the same way her parents had kept a tab on her. Maybe it was time for a change.

"Ok I'll skip this one time... But you promise you will act right from now on?" said May as her eyes grew large and pitiful while opening the passenger door.

"I promise! Don't worry we won't get caught." replied Brendan while he threw out his tobacco.

She punched his arm and spoke, "I trust you boy, you better not get us caught..."

-------------

So much potential..... SOOO MUCH
Lol obamareference

lol I just don't like how some can't sing/act/dance yet they are so popular as "singers" or w/e but aren't even good at their role/job except for looking pretty. But hey, who am I to say, pretty boys are always good for the mind/eyes... lol

XD Yes of course, how can we let May be without having a source of annoyance from B-boy?

It was cute but sometimes too much on the detail, as CC said... You know how you sorta sometimes add too much hot sauce that it takes away the flavour of the food? Ya... its kinda like that ^^;;

After 6-7 years, I find the age differences rather awkward/weird. 3 is around what I find acceptable. Its all very complicated... if you are 15 and under, the guy can be 1 year older at most but preferably the same age. If you're 16-18, 2 year difference is acceptable. If you're 19-21, 3 year difference. 21+ perferably 5 year difference at most. If you're 28+ 10 year difference is *MARGINALLY* acceptable, depending... This is alllll imo, of course. And the guy should be the older. If he is younger, 1 year younger is the largest acceptable age difference.

But there always are those cute old couples that are 10 years different and its okay cuz they're old now but when you're young... please don't. lol. Well, of cousre, unless there was some crazy situation where it's DESTINED that you be togehter and you're like 20 years apart. I'd be like . . . erm... okay... this is sorta acceptable since they're destined but other than that... again, pleaes don't.

Don't ask why/how I came up with this... as I said, its all imo.

So "technically", by my standards, if Ash is 14-15 (lol I thought he was 16), Advancedshipping isn't acceptable to my standards... except for the fact that I still sorta support it o_O;; (since I bump May's age up a bit, which most people agree to from "obvious reasons", as CC said XD)

Hmm... If May is Princess of Hoenn... the Shuu would most likely be granted the title of the Prince of Hoenn... o_O;;;;;; *gets killed for so many un-Hoennshippy implications* X_X;;
I can see where you're coming from there, on multiple levels. XD

Of course! It practically seems like tradition by this point. xD But not too annoying, of course; just enough for their interactions to be cute.

That's actually a pretty good analogy. ^^

I pretty much agree with that. You're right, age difference can be pretty murky territory; a lot of it depends on the individuals involved. Generally, though, I find that the acceptable gap seems to grow as the partners' ages increase. Oh, and the idea of the guy being the younger one is a little odd to me. Not so much for chauvinistic reasons, but rather because I simply don't hear about it much... ^^;;

Destiny does often seem to change the rules. XD

Don't worry, it doesn't sound that weird! I can see how you'd reach those conclusions.

Well, I suppose that if you count the Battle Frontier as another region/year, then he would be 16. Regardless, it does put him out of her range by your calculations... as good as that is for our cause, though, he probably shouldn't try to antagonise the other ships. ^^;

Be careful there; that's dangerous thinking! XD Hm, maybe Drew and Brendan could both have that title? Like, Drew would be the "White Prince", and Brendan would be the "Black Prince"? No, no, that's too Code Geass-ish. ><;; Besides, Drew's not even part of the equation...

@DS: Good work, as usual. ^^ Once again, your interpretation of Brendan proves quite unique... certainly not something I would have thought of, but fresh and interesting nonetheless! I just don't want to think about what that chewing tobacco would do to his teeth... XD

Kanta-chan

@ DS: Aha, that's something new. Brendan, once again, is teh bad one. :X But even if he's bad, May still stuck with him yay.

Replying other posts: *can't be bothered to quote again*

Ah, don't mind the crappiness of the HC teaser. It was written so fast... I didn't even pay attention to tenses. P: The real chapter will be much better; I promise.

I was planning to just use the OC characters y'all sent before, but if you want new ones, I will send new OC sheets... :3

[Please don't expect too much D: *trying to get back into fanfic mode*]

EDIT: Why are we talking about Shuu? O:

Last edited:

Dark Sentry

Kenta gud trainer

Of course! It practically seems like tradition by this point. xD But not too annoying, of course; just enough for their interactions to be cute.

I pretty much agree with that. You're right, age difference can be pretty murky territory; a lot of it depends on the individuals involved. Generally, though, I find that the acceptable gap seems to grow as the partners' ages increase. Oh, and the idea of the guy being the younger one is a little odd to me. Not so much for chauvinistic reasons, but rather because I simply don't hear about it much... ^^;;

Don't worry, it doesn't sound that weird! I can see how you'd reach those conclusions.

Well, I suppose that if you count the Battle Frontier as another region/year, then he would be 16. Regardless, it does put him out of her range by your calculations... as good as that is for our cause, though, he probably shouldn't try to antagonise the other ships. ^^;

Be careful there; that's dangerous thinking! XD Hm, maybe Drew and Brendan could both have that title? Like, Drew would be the "White Prince", and Brendan would be the "Black Prince"? No, no, that's too Code Geass-ish. ><;; Besides, Drew's not even part of the equation...

@DS: Good work, as usual. ^^ Once again, your interpretation of Brendan proves quite unique... certainly not something I would have thought of, but fresh and interesting nonetheless! I just don't want to think about what that chewing tobacco would do to his teeth... XD

It's easy to make a personality by mixing a few together like friends at school. Sadly I am guilty of chewing tobacco and dipping, but I'm off the stuff I swear. I risked loosing my enamel over it. I think I could actually make the Adventures of Brendan and May or The Hoenn Company or something else corny.

Second, I think we should evict Ash from this thread he has enough women already... if ya get the hint. jk :)

I have always seen Brendan as a mix of Muddy(Copyright n trademark to Breezy) and a person who can be very astute. Not like a bipolar but someone who is easy going and loves to have a good time no matter what, but yet sometimes knows how to be serious when it counts.

Kana

kisses
@Icy + CC: Thanks guys! I understand what you're saying (nice analogy Icy :)), and I can really see it in the first "drabble." The second one doesn't seem that bad to me, though. Could you be more specific?

To keep this on topic... anyone think B&M would make a GREAT Elizabeth + Darcy (Pride & Prejudice!)? :p

@ DS: Aha, that's something new. Brendan, once again, is teh bad one. :X But even if he's bad, May still stuck with him yay.

Replying other posts: *can't be bothered to quote again*

Ah, don't mind the crappiness of the HC teaser. It was written so fast... I didn't even pay attention to tenses. P: The real chapter will be much better; I promise.

I was planning to just use the OC characters y'all sent before, but if you want new ones, I will send new OC sheets... :3

Yay, indeed. ^^ May is a good judge of character; she knows that he's good on the inside!

I can definitely appreciate your sentiments at this point. XD

No, it's okay. Yes, I did get a distinct impression that it was rushed, but I still liked it. ^^ I'm sure the true one will be better.

Oh, good! I was hoping to alter mine a bit; most of it's fine, but I'd like to make some changes to account for the changes in taste I've acquired over the years.

Man, all of you guys are writing like crazy, and I've still got nothing! ;_; I just wish I had at least a moment of spare time... oh, well. If nothing else, I'll write some one-shots/drabbles this weekend, even if I'm not in that particular writing mood.

As for Drew's sudden involvement, I'm about as confused as you are. o_O;

DS said:
It's easy to make a personality by mixing a few together like friends at school. Sadly I am guilty of chewing tobacco and dipping, but I'm off the stuff I swear. I risked loosing my enamel over it. I think I could actually make the Adventures of Brendan and May or The Hoenn Company or something else corny.

Second, I think we should evict Ash from this thread he has enough women already... if ya get the hint. jk

I have always seen Brendan as a mix of Muddy(Copyright n trademark to Breezy) and a person who can be very astute. Not like a bipolar but someone who is easy going and loves to have a good time no matter what, but yet sometimes knows how to be serious when it counts.
Hm... interesting. I've always been more of an introverted type, so most of my inspiration for characters comes from myself (I'll admit that my personal versions of Brendan, Wally, and Lucas can all be matched to a specific aspect of my own personality. xD) and other fictional characters. The end result usually doesn't suffer for it, as far as I can tell. Oh, and that's alright; we all have bad habits. ^^;;

Agreed! XD

Really? I had a feeling some Breezy influence was present, but I expected it to be from her version of Brendan, not so much his Pokemon. I like the idea you had of contrasting personality traits; my own idea for him is a bit like that, but not quite. Rather, I see him as acting sorta tough and confrontational most of the time, but intelligent and well-spoken at others.

Cherri said:
@Icy + CC: Thanks guys! I understand what you're saying (nice analogy Icy ), and I can really see it in the first "drabble." The second one doesn't seem that bad to me, though. Could you be more specific?

To keep this on topic... anyone think B&M would make a GREAT Elizabeth + Darcy (Pride & Prejudice!)? :p
No problem, Sis. ^^ I suppose if I can't write myself, I can at least help others with it. xD Really? I saw basically the same problem with the second one, if perhaps to a slightly lesser extent.

Uh... I may have to go back and read that again before answering. ^^;;

Kana

kisses
No problem, Sis. ^^ I suppose if I can't write myself, I can at least help others with it. xD Really? I saw basically the same problem with the second one, if perhaps to a slightly lesser extent.

Uh... I may have to go back and read that again before answering. ^^;;

Oh dear. I see it now. ^^; If I PM you later with revisions, could you tell me your opinion? :X

Watch the movie. <3<3<3 But it'd have to be Yuuki and Haruka. Brendan's not romantic enough. :3

Dark Sentry

Kenta gud trainer
Cherri - Please define Pride and Prejudice to me I have never seen it.

CC - I think out the box like crazy. And I have to admit I throw a little me in Brendan's personality. The skipping school and abuse of substance would be examples. I really think I should go with the skipping school one-shot, its gonna be sweet

Kanta - Prendan isn't bad he is just misunderstood :)

Bleh I;m tired of talking about guys. We need to focus some on the female

May imo is a little bit of a worry-wuss. She cares deeply for her friend and family and doesn't want anything to happen to get them hurt or in trouble. At the ssame time she oversteps it alot and tends to be a control freak, but she doesn't mean it

Ice-Phoenix-chan

gone with the wind~
DS said:
Last time I rushed into making a fic about 5 years ago I plagiarized heavily

D: there is never a need to rush! Take your time and let your imagination roam and come with awesome ideas!

@ your drabble/fic to be: haha... reminds me of my attempt of making Brendan a bad boy in my Stargazing fic, which was a complete fail.

XD

Of course... Guys that are too annoying isn't necessarily a good thing... As we mentioned before, we still don't completely understand their act of annoyance to get the girl's attention and even turn it into "hatred" XD

XD *is a big fan of hot sauce*

Well, when you're older, it doesn't matter as much anymore since your life should have "stabilized" by then (ie both have jobs, careers, are doing similar activities, etc)... at least that's my reason of why having an large age gap works for older people...

Really? I'm actually quite picky about it lol I think its just the whole thing with the male traditionally being older (at a point where they were 20 yrs older in the middle ages and what not) and the whole security and maturity thing... Anyways, of course, imo but generally, I find that people agree with me on this... females that is. Many males, like you, don't understand this concept. I've tried many times to expain it but it always failed -_-;;

Haha yes, oh destiny... but hey, how often do you see it happen? that's why there are the rare exceptions.

I think you can see why I don't like pokeshipping much now (Misty is older = BAD... in my books anyway. but I do agree, it is sorta cute. Just not the whole age thing. *is weird*

but considering this, May came in the show 1 year earlier than Dawn meaning that Dawn + Ash is... :S *gets killed by many other shippers* X_X

Well, the whole prince title can be contests... and Bredan can be cooler than being that and he can be something else... like... the Champion? Wait... that's Steven, isn't it? @_@;; Er... well something else... (KNIGHT! HAHA *gets shot for cheesyness* but that would make a very bad title regardless) I think I like Prodigy of Hoenn best. *nods*
(BTW not a CG watcher ^^;; is it good? The characters look interesting but I have no clue what the show is about ^^; )

Kanta said:
that's a good question... we shouldn't be talking about him now, should we? *sweeps him out of HS thread with broom*

and I was thinking of maybe changing mine too o_O;; not quite sure what to though ^^;;

DS said:
Second, I think we should evict Ash from this thread he has enough women already... if ya get the hint. jk

*sweeps Ash out too*

Cherri said:
@Icy + CC: Thanks guys! I understand what you're saying (nice analogy Icy ), and I can really see it in the first "drabble." The second one doesn't seem that bad to me, though. Could you be more specific?

Hmm... Actually, I disagree ^^;; The second one was the one that seems too much to me ^^;; The first one has enough detail to paint a vivid picture of the scene and give it it's mysteryish (not really but "magical" I guess might be a better fit?) atmosphere but the second one was a bit of an overkill ^^;;;;;;;

Didn't watch/read... D: *has the movie but is too lazy to watch it*

CC said:
Hm... interesting. I've always been more of an introverted type, so most of my inspiration for characters comes from myself (I'll admit that my personal versions of Brendan, Wally, and Lucas can all be matched to a specific aspect of my own personality. xD) and other fictional characters. The end result usually doesn't suffer for it, as far as I can tell. Oh, and that's alright; we all have bad habits. ^^;;

Man, all of you guys are writing like crazy, and I've still got nothing! ;_; I just wish I had at least a moment of spare time... oh, well. If nothing else, I'll write some one-shots/drabbles this weekend, even if I'm not in that particular writing mood.

Actually, I think I saw somewhere that a lot of authors base their characters on themselves too, which usually end up working really well since they know themselves best and gives their characters the most life from that.

Don't worry, my brain is dead =) *knocks head... only an hollow sound is heard* and writing without a intent for it is never good. Nothing good comes =(

DS said:
Bleh I;m tired of talking about guys. We need to focus some on the female

actually, didn't CC complain that B-boy doesn't get any love a few pages back? lol

DS said:
CC - I think out the box like crazy. And I have to admit I throw a little me in Brendan's personality. The skipping school and abuse of substance would be examples. I really think I should go with the skipping school one-shot, its gonna be sweet

May imo is a little bit of a worry-wuss. She cares deeply for her friend and family and doesn't want anything to happen to get them hurt or in trouble. At the ssame time she oversteps it alot and tends to be a control freak, but she doesn't mean it
I can see that. It works rather well, I would say. Really? Okay, cool! I await seeing it.

Funny, I actually thought the opposite. I saw Brendan as the control freak (tying into the overprotective thing I mentioned a few pages back), while I thought of May as kinda ditzy and forgetful, but caring deeply for her friends and generally having her priorities in order. Seeing as I mostly based her off of the anime incarnation, I suppose that makes sense.

Icy said:
Of course... Guys that are too annoying isn't necessarily a good thing... As we mentioned before, we still don't completely understand their act of annoyance to get the girl's attention and even turn it into "hatred" XD

XD *is a big fan of hot sauce*

Well, when you're older, it doesn't matter as much anymore since your life should have "stabilized" by then (ie both have jobs, careers, are doing similar activities, etc)... at least that's my reason of why having an large age gap works for older people...

Really? I'm actually quite picky about it lol I think its just the whole thing with the male traditionally being older (at a point where they were 20 yrs older in the middle ages and what not) and the whole security and maturity thing... Anyways, of course, imo but generally, I find that people agree with me on this... females that is. Many males, like you, don't understand this concept. I've tried many times to expain it but it always failed -_-;;

Haha yes, oh destiny... but hey, how often do you see it happen? that's why there are the rare exceptions.

I think you can see why I don't like pokeshipping much now (Misty is older = BAD... in my books anyway. but I do agree, it is sorta cute. Just not the whole age thing. *is weird*

but considering this, May came in the show 1 year earlier than Dawn meaning that Dawn + Ash is... :S *gets killed by many other shippers* X_X

Well, the whole prince title can be contests... and Bredan can be cooler than being that and he can be something else... like... the Champion? Wait... that's Steven, isn't it? @_@;; Er... well something else... (KNIGHT! HAHA *gets shot for cheesyness* but that would make a very bad title regardless) I think I like Prodigy of Hoenn best. *nods*
(BTW not a CG watcher ^^;; is it good? The characters look interesting but I have no clue what the show is about ^^; )

Actually, I think I saw somewhere that a lot of authors base their characters on themselves too, which usually end up working really well since they know themselves best and gives their characters the most life from that.

Don't worry, my brain is dead =) *knocks head... only an hollow sound is heard* and writing without a intent for it is never good. Nothing good comes =(
Right, right! Good point. ^^

Me, too. XD

Right. At that point, they are in essentially the same place in life, with their biological age being the only real divide between them.

Yes, I'm aware of the tradition and all. That's probably why the "male being older" thing made sense. Ah, but if you remember, I'm not quite like "most males". XD I actually do see where you're coming from on that. And really, what's so hard to explain? ^^;;

True. Destiny rarely intervenes, but when it does, the effects are usually pretty dramatic.

Yes, I can see... I'm still into it, but that's more from habit than anything else. But that's beside the point. And no, you're not that weird. =)

Good point, but we should probably avoid annoying the Pearlshippers... >_>;;

Yeah... the other business with Contests and the Champion is confusing. @_@ Let's just stick with Prodigy! (In response to the other thing you said, CG can be a little hard to warm to, I'll admit. It is a good series, though.)

Oh, okay, good! I guess I'm going in the right direction, then. ^^

Oh... maybe I'm better off continuing to plan. Yes, I'll do that!

Last edited:

Ice-Phoenix-chan

gone with the wind~
I can see that. It works rather well, I would say. Really? Okay, cool! I await seeing it.

Funny, I actually thought the opposite. I saw Brendan as the control freak (tying into the overprotective thing I mentioned a few pages back), while I thought of May as kinda ditzy and forgetful, but caring deeply for her friends and generally having her priorities in order. Seeing as I mostly based her off of the anime incarnation, I suppose that makes sense.

Right, right! Good point. ^^

Me, too. XD

Right. At that point, they are in essentially the same place in life, with their biological age being the only real divide between them.

Yes, I'm aware of the tradition and all. That's probably why the "male being older" thing made sense. Ah, but if you remember, I'm not quite like "most males". XD I actually do see where you're coming from on that. And really, what's so hard to explain? ^^;;

True. Destiny rarely intervenes, but when it does, the effects are usually pretty dramatic.

Yes, I can see... I'm still into it, but that's more from habit than anything else. But that's beside the point. And no, you're not that weird. =)

Good point, but we should probably avoid annoying the Pearlshippers... >_>;;

Yeah... the other business with Contests and the Champion is confusing. @_@ Let's just stick with Prodigy! (In response to the other thing you said, CG can be a little hard to warm to, I'll admit. It is a good series, though.)

Oh, okay, good! I guess I'm going in the right direction, then. ^^

Oh... maybe I'm better off continuing to plan. Yes, I'll do that!

XD We're in agreeance today, aren't we XD

What do you mean that you're "not like most males?" @_@;;
I actually have NO clue. I tell them what I wrote there and I'm like "So, do you get it now?" and they're like "er... no... why does it matter?" -_-;; I've tried many many methods but it never worked T_T;;

lol Wonder how often that it happens XD

lol thanks ^^

And I suppose I should avoid the pokeshippers from that too... *hides behind a rock*

What is it about though? (ie genre? scifi? mecha? (if any of the above applies, that is probably a reason that I'm not watching it XD)

haha Well, just suggestions, don't have to follow them, but amaze us with your fic! eventually...! lol

XD We're in agreeance today, aren't we XD

What do you mean that you're "not like most males?" @_@;;
I actually have NO clue. I tell them what I wrote there and I'm like "So, do you get it now?" and they're like "er... no... why does it matter?" -_-;; I've tried many many methods but it never worked T_T;;

lol Wonder how often that it happens XD

lol thanks ^^

And I suppose I should avoid the pokeshippers from that too... *hides behind a rock*

What is it about though? (ie genre? scifi? mecha? (if any of the above applies, that is probably a reason that I'm not watching it XD)

haha Well, just suggestions, don't have to follow them, but amaze us with your fic! eventually...! lol
Yes, it would seem. XD

I'm typically better able to understand the female thought process than most guys I know. I imagine all the time I've spent around girls for the past few years may have something to do with it. XD And, as for what you were trying to explain, I'm pretty sure I get it. I'm not sure what everyone else thought was so odd about it. o_O

A lot! In fiction, anyway. xD

You're welcome!

Lol, maybe... Except me, anyway; I'm on your side. ^^

Unfortunately, all of the above... ^^;;

Well, they're valid suggestions, which is why I'm taking them. Thank you! I hope it really does amaze you guys when I get around to writing it.

Last edited:

Marichi

DAAAAH!! 'llOTL I'm sure the topic has changed a number times, but which one is the current one?

The prodigy idea sounds good... So how on earth would May, a n00b(?), catch the prodigy's attention? Or how would love blossom in this situation?

IM chat session... couldn't think of anything for that specifically. Just the idea of correspondence through the Poke'nav came to mind. Even if they're separated by land and ocean, they're just phone call away...

"Hey, where are you anyways, Brendan?"
"I'm at Fortree."
"Eeeeh? You're so far away!"
"May, look up for a second... Isn't that a nice sunset?"

Blah, blah, blah ...makes me think of the film Koizora and 5cm per second; although, both of those films had a sad ending. ==;;

Brendan and May as Elizabeth and Darcy... it could work. I can't remember much from the movie though since it was quite awhile ago...and I think dozed off a bit here and there...

OK, don't freak out. I'm dumping another batch of themes. (I was looking at the old HS thread, and in the beginning we just had like 2-3 sentences for each one. Even if they were short, they're just a good as the drabbles and one-shots.)

6. earrings
7. secret message
8. a dream, a promise
9. catch a drop of tear
"I hate and I love
well, why do I, you probably ask
I don't know, but I know it's happening
and it hurts."
-C. Valerius Catullus​

I know no.10 is a bit different from the rest, but it seems to fit. I've been getting the impression from the majority of the posts here that Brendan and May would probably have a love/hate relationship.

@Seq: There's always the artsy-fartsy alternative to drabbles. Fan art, amv, film... film might be a bit ambitious. I'm just throwing ideas onto the table -there's got be something for everyone. =3=

@Kanta, DS, Cherz (the drabble writers): Just want to say nicely done, everyone. :3
Kana, even though it was quite detailed, I found it to be quite poetic.

Last edited:

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
Originally posted by Ice-Phoenix-Chan
It is an intersting angle but a word of caution against Mary Sues and... I don't remember the guy version of it... lol But its a nice title XD Sorta cheesy but who doesn't love cheese?

BTW, how was she named the "Hoenn Princess"? Contest successes?

How is Brendan Vs. May a Gary-Stu? I never said that was the name of the story, but more of a scene that happens.

I don't know how it happened, when she visited Ash and Co. Dawn made a comment that they call her that.

Originally posted by Summer Sturgeon
You're on.

heh heh. I guess i'll stick with this :p

Sequoia

Iceh said:
@your pic lol so much for the anti-R-rated-ness =P

After 6-7 years, I find the age differences rather awkward/weird. 3 is around what I find acceptable. Its all very complicated... if you are 15 and under, the guy can be 1 year older at most but perferably the same age. If you're 16-18, 2 year difference is acceptable. If you're 19-21, 3 year difference. 21+ perferably 5 year difference at most. If you're 28+ 10 year difference is *MARGINALLY* acceptable, depending... This is alllll imo, of course. And the guy should be the older. If he is younger, 1 year younger is the largest acceptable age difference.

It's actually an icon I did for pokechallenge. XD

What's the limit when you're 100? :p Your theories actually make sense to me, lol. But according to the increasing gap, if May's 16 Brendan can be 21 because it's within his 5 year limit. =D

And you're so mean. Sweeping people out with a broom? D: Other people are sweeping B-boy and May out with brooms!

Kantah said:

I like. :D But your Xanga layout is getting stretched..

Chairz said:
Yeah, hemispheres are a problem :/ How 'bout we just have our festival based on a "month," and throw in our own contributions based on what that month means to us? Like, May (the month!) to me means flowers, schoolwork, warmth... but it might mean something totally different to you, which would be interesting. :D

<3 THE BANNER! Lavaridge eh ;) Gah, I miss R/S/E.

May = assignments + assignments + assignments.. + winter clothing. XD

HS as P&P? O: Brilliant idea for a long fic, I reckon. doitChairzdoit!

Maricheh said:
6. earrings
7. secret message
8. a dream, a promise
9. catch a drop of tear
"I hate and I love
well, why do I, you probably ask
I don't know, but I know it's happening
and it hurts."
-C. Valerius Catullus​

@Seq: There's always the artsy-fartsy alternative to drabbles. Fan art, amv, film... film might be a bit ambitious. I'm just throwing ideas onto the table -there's got be something for everyone. =3=

I like 6. 8D I might do a scribble on it later~

And 10 sounds really nice too. ;n; Perfect inspiration for HS fluff.

Ahaha, I like that word. XD Artsy-fartsy. As in I fart art! ... <_< >_> Yeah.

Jane said:
What's the limit when you're 100? :p Your theories actually make sense to me, lol. But according to the increasing gap, if May's 16 Brendan can be 21 because it's within his 5 year limit. =D

And you're so mean. Sweeping people out with a broom? D: Other people are sweeping B-boy and May out with brooms!

I like 6. 8D I might do a scribble on it later~

And 10 sounds really nice too. ;n; Perfect inspiration for HS fluff.

Ahaha, I like that word. XD Artsy-fartsy. As in I fart art! ... <_< >_> Yeah.
Lol at that first thing. XD I was telling her that it made sense! Maybe now that two people have said so, she won't be worried that people aren't getting it anymore.

They are? :O

I'm not sure if I have a favourite... I may just write the first one that clicks in my head. ^^

Fart... art? XDD

Ice-Phoenix-chan

gone with the wind~
Yes, it would seem. XD

I'm typically better able to understand the female thought process than most guys I know. I imagine all the time I've spent around girls for the past few years may have something to do with it. XD And, as for what you were trying to explain, I'm pretty sure I get it. I'm not sure what everyone else thought was so odd about it. o_O

A lot! In fiction, anyway. xD

You're welcome!

Lol, maybe... Except me, anyway; I'm on your side. ^^

Unfortunately, all of the above... ^^;;

Well, they're valid suggestions, which is why I'm taking them. Thank you! I hope it really does amaze you guys when I get around to writing it.

lol I suppose that works...

XD Ahh, the difference between fiction and reality...

^_^

Yay~ *hugs*

XD Aww... lol

NP. I'm sure you'll come up with something great ^^

Marichineesy said:
Blah, blah, blah ...makes me think of the film Koizora and 5cm per second; although, both of those films had a sad ending. ==;;

Ahh... 5cm/s was a good movie ^^

HDV said:
How is Brendan Vs. May a Gary-Stu? I never said that was the name of the story, but more of a scene that happens.

I don't know how it happened, when she visited Ash and Co. Dawn made a comment that they call her that.

Not Brendan Vs. May, just the fact that they're the Hoenn Princess and Prodigy respectively might be too big of a title to take on.
Probably was just skimming the posts... you know how they are when they pile up ^^;;

"they" as in the Pokemon world in general or just Dawn/Ash?

Seq said:
It's actually an icon I did for pokechallenge. XD

Ahh I see XD

My theory is flawless, it has already covered this: XD
me said:
If you're 28+ 10 year difference is *MARGINALLY* acceptable, depending...
If they are an exceptional couple,+/- 20 years can work.

And no... lol

me said:
If you're 16-18, 2 year difference is acceptable

Well, they don't belong in the thread and we wouldn't want too much competition for May, now do we?

Nope, what you do with the broom is that you give May the broom and make B-boy read the following alound to May:

"Are you a broom? Cuz you sweep me off of my feet"

CC said:
Lol at that first thing. XD I was telling her that it made sense! Maybe now that two people have said so, she won't be worried that people aren't getting it anymore.

They are? :O

>_> <_< >_> *sounding paranoid* I'm not sure if Jane gets it... she's QUESTIONING ME ABOUT IT!!!! *hides*

See above for the broom thing. They will never be swept out! BWHAHAHA

and I have no inspiration at the moment X_x

Status
Not open for further replies.