• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoennshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Sentry

Kenta gud trainer
Oh Jezaus so much to reply too!

Kana - It was a 1st minute drabble, I won't use that again. :p And once again, a very detailed drabble, it was pretty romantic!

Kanter - Stalkar alert~!@~!#@#$%^!~@#$~!@$~@# I think seeing Brendan with pale white skin would add to a lot of disgust. Maybe the shinny skin would work out but if May was that white too, I would probably discontinue my support for HS.

CC - Bovice

Kana

kisses
Oh, wow, really? That's pretty cool! ^^ Being a guy, it took me much longer to discover my sensitive side, so I didn't get into shipping until I was about 11 or 12; my first fave was Rocketshipping (yes, seriously. XD).

Your sister likes to fib. [glares toward Jane] xDD

That's pretty early for a guy, actually! From what I remember (LOL), the guys at that age were the most insensitive people ever...

:p

The artists themselves can't seem to make up their minds about his hair colour; the Emerald art and some of the R/S art (like this pic) show him with black sideburns (which I, personally, interpreted as an artist's shortcut, since they're just little lines), but his ingame sprite doesn't seem to give him sideburns at all, and the pic I showed earlier in the thread clearly shows the white part extending past the "hat". It's all very confusing. @_@ As I said before, though, I prefer the white, mostly for those reasons you gave.

Hmm, I really do think it's a hat though... I don't think hair--even anime hair--flips like that... I think it'd make sense, because Brendan gets the hat and May gets the bandanna.

Nice work, considering it was spontaneous and all. ^^ You seem to have your purple-prose issue under control now. Yes, there was a bit of mood whiplash after all the cutesy stuff, but it was still good.

Ah, thanks. I'll try to keep it up!

That's pretty early for a guy, actually! From what I remember (LOL), the guys at that age were the most insensitive people ever...

Hmm, I really do think it's a hat though... I don't think hair--even anime hair--flips like that... I think it'd make sense, because Brendan gets the hat and May gets the bandanna.

Ah, thanks. I'll try to keep it up!
Really? Well, thanks, I suppose! Yeah, you're kinda right about that: I apologise on behalf of my entire gender. XD

Hmm... well, honestly, I'd prefer to continue believing what I believe. BUT, I will concede that you have a defencible point. ^^ After all, doesn't the beauty of fanon come from the fact that it can be whatever a fan likes?

Glad to hear it! Speaking of writing, I'm trying my best to make something of my own; I'm eager to hear what your critique will sound like.

Breezy

That hat debate annoys me, as I always get emails on it *eye twitch*. This is what people tell me why it's a hat:

1) All the boy protagonists of the games all have black hair and hats
2) His sideburns in the emerald art are black
3) lulz it's a hat in the mangaaaa.

I know Ruby's hat is really floppy and looks like, well, more of a sock, than hair. :3 But Brendan's game poses don't really have them floppy but more spiky and angular. And to be honest, people in the anime (Marina comes to mind lol) have weird, angular hair.

Yeah, excuses, excuses. :p I still believe it's hair. :3 Well, I still write that it's hair simply for the reason that, well, it's not an easy hat to explain. And I like that May and Brendan have that matching bandanna thing going on.

Anyway.

I really have no idea what the topic is. Someone clue me in, lol.

That hat debate annoys me, as I always get emails on it *eye twitch*. This is what people tell me why it's a hat:

1) All the boy protagonists of the games all have black hair and hats
2) His sideburns in the emerald art are black
3) lulz it's a hat in the mangaaaa.

I know Ruby's hat is really floppy and looks like, well, more of a sock, than hair. :3 But Brendan's game poses don't really have them floppy but more spiky and angular. And to be honest, people in the anime (Marina comes to mind lol) have weird, angular hair.

Yeah, excuses, excuses. :p I still believe it's hair. :3 Well, I still write that it's hair simply for the reason that, well, it's not an easy hat to explain. And I like that May and Brendan have that matching bandanna thing going on.

Anyway.

Ew, really? I suppose that's a cost of being in the limelight... if that happens, I almost hope my work does bomb when I finally get around to releasing it. XD

Your readers' reasoning can be easily picked apart:

1.) A fallacy as of Gen. 4; Lucas' hair is dark blue. Alternatively, it could be chalked up to tradition and/or laziness.
2.) As I said, it could easily be an artist's shortcut.
3.) ALTERNATE CONTINUITY, PEOPLE!

Of course, I still won't try and stop our friends here from thinking the way they do. I did notice the stuff you said, though. Ruby's hat does seem to be drawn significantly more hat-like compared to what's on Brendan's head, plus his sideburns are far more prominent. And, like you said, Brendan would hardly be the first character with oddly angular hair. So, it works! =D

For me, the reason is two-fold; first, it was simply the first thought I got when I saw him for the first time. I often have trouble changing my mind after that. Second? Rule of Cool, my friend. XD

... Oh, right, a topic. ^^;; Er... well, we haven't really had a concrete one aside from Marichi's last theme list. We've mostly written drabbles based on those and commented upon them, coming up with various shippy ideas of our own. Perhaps a change is in order? But maybe in the morning; I'm pretty dead right now. x_x

Last edited:

Marichi

Tch. We either have to many topics going on at once, or none at all. Whatever the current one is, it's quite ambiguous. Dx

I think we're still on the park theme... hence someone's (DS?) idea of Brendan and May as playmates...and Kanta's awesome kiddy drabble. xD

Oh, and I think we still have the cinema theme too.

@CC, Kanta, Cherz: D'aww, thanks guys. c:

@Cherz: Poor May. It sounds like he died. (rofl We're so mean to Brendan. First we torture him, and now look what we did. He just may never get the girl. xD)

Kana

kisses
Kana - It was a 1st minute drabble, I won't use that again. :p And once again, a very detailed drabble, it was pretty romantic!

Oops, I forgot to quote this! I must've taken too long to post xD Thank you! And aww, I'm really serious about my comment actually :>

Really? Well, thanks, I suppose! Yeah, you're kinda right about that: I apologise on behalf of my entire gender. XD

Hmm... well, honestly, I'd prefer to continue believing what I believe. BUT, I will concede that you have a defencible point. ^^ After all, doesn't the beauty of fanon come from the fact that it can be whatever a fan likes?

Glad to hear it! Speaking of writing, I'm trying my best to make something of my own; I'm eager to hear what your critique will sound like.

Ahaha... haha...

Oh no, I'm sorry if I sounded like it had to be a hat or something, because really, I'm fine either way. So much cute fanart draws him with white hair anyway. <3 I'm just saying that I think it's "supposed" to be a hat in the canon. But like you said, we're all free to think the way we want, right?

*clamps hand over mouth*

lol! You're right--it really does look like a SOCK xD And sorry about those annoying emails :( Kenta too--that big "bang" in the front?!

I think it's still Marichi's themes... maybe? Or whatever Marichi said :)

@Cherz: Poor May. It sounds like he died. (rofl We're so mean to Brendan. First we torture him, and now look what we did. He just may never get the girl. xD)

lol! I guess you could interpret it that way. At least it's May who's pining for him, instead of the other way around? ;)

- - -

Sky-scraping, garden-flooding
We were there that day together
But here, today, in the same paradise
where are you without me?

a promise, a dream
a continuation of "a drop of tear"

Her almond locks rippled as a summer breeze blew past, the Wingulls chirping loudly before disappearing into the clouds. Crystalline waves scratched the sand beneath her feet, and the notes of a distant guitar fluttered about. A blood-orange sun sank into the horizon.

She, too, felt her heart sinking.

There was an invisible red thread around her pinky still—the promise they had made that night. She had sworn not to cry. He had sworn to return. Had that tear torn the red thread from his finger?

I cannot cry. She was tired of holding back for him, only to be disappointed still. Blinking—eyes glittering—she bit her lip and began the long walk back.

A tap on her shoulder was the last thing she needed...

"Who the—. . . !"

"... Hi."

- - -

I was actually going to make this part of the "park theme," but then I thought it'd be more suitable if it were set at the sea... xD

Marichi + CC, he doesn't get the short end of the stick ALL the time :)

Last edited:
Tch. We either have too many topics going on at once, or none at all. Whatever the current one is, it's quite ambiguous. Dx

I think we're still on the park theme... hence someone's (DS?) idea of Brendan and May as playmates...and Kanta's awesome kiddy drabble. xD

Ahaha... haha...

Oh no, I'm sorry if I sounded like it had to be a hat or something, because really, I'm fine either way. So much cute fanart draws him with white hair anyway. <3 I'm just saying that I think it's "supposed" to be a hat in the canon. But like you said, we're all free to think the way we want, right?

*clamps hand over mouth*

lol! You're right--it really does look like a SOCK xD And sorry about those annoying emails :( Kenta too--that big "bang" in the front?!

lol! I guess you could interpret it that way. At least it's May who's pining for him, instead of the other way around? ;)

[drabble excised for-- well, you get it by this point. xD]

I was actually going to make this part of the "park theme," but then I thought it'd be more suitable if it were set at the sea... xD

Yes, that's about right; it has gotten quite confusing, unfortunately. ^^;;

Right! Our last few drabbles were along those lines. I still giggle a bit remembering yours and Kanta's. XD

Oh, yeah... almost forgot about that one.

You're welcome! ^^

Lol, the things he'll go through for love. xDD

Yes, I know; I'm hilarious, aren't I?

Oh, no, I didn't think you were! I was just kinda reiterating my stance while acknowledging yours (mine being that I take that one official pic that shows the back of his head to be the canon colour). Honestly, he looks just as good with either hair colour, and the fact that we're free to pick both makes it more fun. ^^

It's okay; you don't have to say anything until I post something.

Yeah, it does! To an extent, anyway; I always though it looked like an oddly-shaped beanie or ski-cap. Wait, you were the one who sent her those emails? Wow, who knew? ^^;; Yeah, I was going to mention Kenta, too! That thing looks almost like it's pasted to his forehead. xDD

Hmm... I suppose that's a good way of seeing it.

Oh, another one! And it looks like he turns out okay here; yay! ^_^ You continue to show improvement, by the way. Almost makes me a little self-conscious about my own, rather bluntly-described passages. ^^;; But, then I remind myself that it's simply another style of writing, and it's not so bad anymore.

I noticed! Good for him. ^^

Last edited:

Dark Sentry

Kenta gud trainer
Breezer - Come on now, Brendan ain't wearing no damn sock! I, even with the proven fact, would rather it stay white. No racism intended, but too many pokemon guys have black or brown hair. I can't imagine you going through every chapter and changing his hair to black. LULZ

Kana - If I get around to it, I might actually slip that into an upcoming fiction that I might do. Big mights, but still likely. Glad you still like it anyway :D

Kana-banana said:
"Who the—. . . !"

"... ohai."
Would have been more cute, imo. But your work is besting me, I have no room to talk

Kana

kisses
Oh, another one! And it looks like he turns out okay here; yay! ^_^ You continue to show improvement, by the way. Almost makes me a little self-conscious about my own, rather bluntly-described passages. ^^;; But, then I remind myself that it's simply another style of writing, and it's not so bad anymore.

Thanks bro c: Weekends give me inspiration. Well. Before I study, anyway. Marichi is the theme queen! And shh, it's a trio of drabbles. Hopefully no one is sick of me yet.

Breezer - Come on now, Brendan ain't wearing no damn sock! I, even with the proven fact, would rather it stay white. No racism intended, but too many pokemon guys have black or brown hair. I can't imagine you going through every chapter and changing his hair to black. LULZ

Ya, white's pretty unique xD CTRL + F? White and brown (May) is more interesting than black and brown, I guess.

Would have been more cute, imo. But your work is besting me, I have no room to talk

Aha! I changed it slightly. Not that line exactly, but more awkward xD Thanks! Good luck with your fanfic btw :D

Thank you for the Kana-banana :D Now I have like, 10 nicknames. xD

Kanta-chan

Oh insanity... and the imaginary world... what can we do without you?

Ah, Twilight... It totally sucked after the first book but I was sucker and read them (not to mention bought them... T_T *is ashamed*) all T_T;;
Insanity rules. =)

I’ll be ashamed with you. ._.;; When I got done with all of them, I was like “T_T what was I thinking?” The writer is just a story teller, not a “good” writer imo… =/

lol, it was one of the first shippings that I "discovered." And plus, as a seven-year-old watching Pokemon, I always wondered if they liked each other. lol. Must've been the Rudy episode~ 8D

I actually like him with black hair (in the official Emerald art, he has black sideburns). Soooo yeah. I mean, white hair is cool and all, and he could get teased about it (like Toshiro...

*hug* Yay, finally someone who shares my love! They're just so cute. Darcy's eyes are sooo pretty, especially matched with the scenery ^_^

Gosh Kanta, making me spend all my time on that... jk :) You might want to edit all of them a little though, so that the voice all matches. Or else it'd end up sounding pretty awkward...

[scene cut for sake of room]

Off the top of my head. Thoughts?

EDIT: This looks like such a downer with all of the fun little-kid stories. xD Love them~ Kanta and Marichi, you guys have a great sense of humor. ^_^
Lawl. I never really liked Misty in the anime so I never wanted her with good ol’ Ash. =)

D: But that’s the point. *ruffles Brendan’s white hair*

<3 Can you imagine Brendan calling May “Mrs. Birch” and kissing her? :3

Yeahyeah, I will. Less writing for me still. ;o

Lawl, yeah your reply interrupted our funny stories. >:O jk, I’m not mad. <3 Your drabble was very touching though oddly I was reversing Brendan and May here… (cuz Brendan knows that guys are supposed to be strong and not cry so he’s holding it in…) My imagination works weirdly like that. Lol.

The artists themselves can't seem to make up their minds about his hair color. It's all very confusing. @_@ As I said before, though, I prefer the white, mostly for those reasons you gave.

That reminds me, I may need to resubmit with a better description (my ability to write well is rather impaired at the moment...). Yes, she probably should modify a bit, for the sake of not disrupting the pace and whatnot.
Lol, LH and I debated his hair on MSN. She’s sticking to the white hair theory like you and I am too… ^^

XD no need to rush~ *not gonna work on it until after she graduates out of high school in 2 weeks*

Oh Jezaus so much to reply too!

Kanter - Stalkar alert~!@~!#@#$%^!~@#$~!@$~@# I think seeing Brendan with pale white skin would add to a lot of disgust. Maybe the shinny skin would work out but if May was that white too, I would probably discontinue my support for HS.
Tell me about it.

Kanta has a theory thingy: May run away from Brendan if he was like Edward because 1) white hair isn’t normal; 2) palepale skin isn’t normal; 3) his eyes are red (in Twilight, that’s BAAAAD LOL); 4) his skin is cold 24/7; 5) he stalks her/wants her blood (EW); 6) Sparkly skin?!?!

Anyway.

Everyone debates it. ): LH and I spent a good chunk of our MSN talking about hair… (and HS pictures)

I BELIEVE IT’S WHITE HAIR! *raises hand* Besides, May can make fun of it then. <3

Iono. The topic is somewhere. I’m just here to quote. :p

... Oh, right, a topic. ^^;; Er... well, we haven't really had a concrete one aside from Marichi's last theme list. We've mostly written drabbles based on those and commented upon them, coming up with various shippy ideas of our own. Perhaps a change is in order? But maybe in the morning; I'm pretty dead right now. x_x
*quoting* I dunno what the topic is either. xD

Tch. We either have to many topics going on at once, or none at all. Whatever the current one is, it's quite ambiguous. Dx

XD Thanks Marichi-nee! Actually, I have CC to thank because he gave me an idea after I posted and idea which lead to the drabble which lead to yours, and yours is cute too! Awesome kiddy drabbles rule. <3

Oh so that's what our topic is. o.o; I still need to answer that topic.

LOL. We seriously need to pick on May instead.

a promise, a dream

[need room lol]

That’s so cute! It’s another DUNDUNDUN kind of scenario again. :)

Lol like I said earlier—we should pick on May.

---

Finally done quoting. x____X *too dead to do Marichi-nee's challenges*

TOPIC: May liked scary movies in the anime so there’s no point for Brendan to take her to one, and I doubt he would even wanna go to a chick flick/romance movie lol. BUT. May likes that kind of stuff so he has to endure it and take her to one. She might even huggle him while watching the (romance) movie. (;

EDIT: ... I'm a hypocrite. .____.; *picked on Brendan* I'll make fun of May in my next post. T_T

EDIT 2: Uggghhh. This post took 45+ minutes to do. *shakes fist at constantly-crashing forums*

Last edited:
Insanity rules. =)

Lawl. I never really liked Misty in the anime so I never wanted her with good ol’ Ash. =)

D: But that’s the point. *ruffles Brendan’s white hair*

Yeahyeah, I will. Less writing for me still. ;o

Lawl, yeah your reply interrupted our funny stories. >:O jk, I’m not mad. <3 Your drabble was very touching though oddly I was reversing Brendan and May here… (cuz Brendan knows that guys are supposed to be strong and not cry so he’s holding it in…) My imagination works weirdly like that. Lol.

Lol, LH and I debated his hair on MSN. She’s sticking to the white hair theory like you and I am too… ^^

XD no need to rush~ *not gonna work on it until after she graduates out of high school in 2 weeks*

Kanta has a theory thingy: May run away from Brendan if he was like Edward because 1) white hair isn’t normal; 2) palepale skin isn’t normal; 3) his eyes are red (in Twilight, that’s BAAAAD LOL); 4) his skin is cold 24/7; 5) he stalks her/wants her blood (EW); 6) Sparkly skin?!?!

I BELIEVE IT’S WHITE HAIR! *raises hand* Besides, May can make fun of it then. <3

*quoting* I dunno what the topic is either. xD

XD Thanks Marichi-nee! Actually, I have CC to thank because he gave me an idea after I posted and idea which lead to the drabble which lead to yours, and yours is cute too! Awesome kiddy drabbles rule. <3

That’s so cute! It’s another DUNDUNDUN kind of scenario again. :)

TOPIC: May liked scary movies in the anime so there’s no point for Brendan to take her to one, and I doubt he would even wanna go to a chick flick/romance movie lol. BUT. May likes that kind of stuff so he has to endure it and take her to one. She might even huggle him while watching the (romance) movie. (;

EDIT: ... I'm a hypocrite. .____.; *picked on Brendan* I'll make fun of May in my next post. T_T[/I]

EDIT 2: Uggghhh. This post took 45+ minutes to do. *shakes fist at constantly-crashing forums*

Thanks bro c: Weekends give me inspiration. Well. Before I study, anyway. Marichi is the theme queen! And shh, it's a trio of drabbles. Hopefully no one is sick of me yet.

Ya, white's pretty unique xD CTRL + F? White and brown (May) is more interesting than black and brown, I guess.

Thank you for the Kana-banana :D Now I have like, 10 nicknames. xD
Good Lord. Just two posts and so much to quote! XD

@Kanta: That it does! :D

... I don't even know you.
... Kidding! xP Nah, I don't mind; we're just here for Hoennshipping, nothing else. ^^

Yay, you agree!

I wish I could imagine it in the same context, but you know, the whole never-saw-it-thing...

Still need to prepare that resubmit soon. ^^;;

Actually, that's not too weird; I imagine it'd be just as touching with May and Brendan in each other's places.

Damn, I wish I were there... maybe next time, I can join in, and we can talk about our other perennial topic; his voice! xD (BTW, did anyone else remember talking about that?)

Oh, good, I've got time! XD Two wee-- oh, right, school starts and ends at different times that far south, right?

That's interesting... though, honestly, I'd rather avoid the Twilight angle altogether. xDD

I actually always imagined her telling him she liked it, which cheered him up because other kids picked on him for it. Cute, no?

Well, we know now, anyway!

I helped? Oh, thank you! =D Yes, the kiddy drabbles did, indeed rule.

Yeah! Now, if only we could figure out how... ?

Can't get enough of those. =)

I know how you feel. x_x

Ooh, I've got an idea to build on that one! Okay; Brendan claims not to be interested in such movies, but actually loves them. He allows May to take him to one, and all throughout, he pretends to be apathetic toward the film. At the end, she gushes over it and notices how transparently Brendan is pretending not to like it, and tries to get him to admit how romantic he thought it was. Does it work?

Thank God, that's one quote pile over with. ><;;

@Cherri: You're welcome, Sis! C: (I've never seen that particular smilie before, but it seems to be catching on. xD) I wish I had as much inspiration... maybe I'm just distracted? And yes, Marichi is the greatest at themes. And no, no one's sick of you, especially not me, Sis. ^^

Yep, unique is good! xD I actually think the white and brown compliment each other nicely. Plus, like Breezy said, it allows for the matching bandannas thing.

I wish I could come up with names...

Phew, that was an ordeal! XD But, at least it's an ordeal with friends. ^^

Dark Sentry

Kenta gud trainer
What songs bring Hoennshipping to your mind, since I see no topic.

Def, Sunday Morning - Maroon 5
Dearest - Ayumi Hamasaki

^ A bit generic, but it's something. ^^

Alone, Hitomi Kuroishi; taking the lyrics into account, it could probably work with the "forgotten childhood friends"-angle.

Toge-chan

Lalala~~
What songs bring Hoennshipping to your mind

Uhm... a lot of JE songs? *shot* XD Eien ni -Kinki Kids for example says "As long as we keep moving, going slowly is okay."

I'd say Koi no ABO, but then again, I don't know their blood types and I'm too lazy to check. XD

Two as One - CHEMISTRY x Crystal Kay. Idk. It just does.

Soba ni iru ne - Aoyama Thelma ft. SoulJa

I'll shut up now. :X

How did I know you'd say that first thing? XP

Oh, no, there's no need to shut up; you're contributing! ^^ I may need to look up most of those, though... ^^;;

In response to that blood type thing, I actually looked up the Japanese blood type-personality thing a while back. Going by that and my personal spin on the characters, I would consider Brendan "O" and May... "B"?

Marichi

- - -

a promise, a dream

Her almond locks rippled as a summer breeze blew past, the Wingulls chirping loudly before disappearing into the clouds. Crystalline waves scratched the sand beneath her feet, and the notes of a distant guitar fluttered about. A blood-orange sun sank into the horizon.

She, too, felt her heart sinking.

There was an invisible red thread around her pinky still—the promise they had made that night. She had sworn not to cry. He had sworn to return. Had that tear torn the red thread from his finger?

I cannot cry. She was tired of holding back for him, only to be disappointed still. Blinking—eyes glittering—she bit her lip and began the long walk back.

A tap on her shoulder was the last thing she needed...

"Who the—. . . !"

"... Hi."

- - -

Oh, that's true. It's like we've mostly made our drabbles in Brendan's POV and somewhat a one-sided love...?

:'D HE LIVES!!! Aw~ :3 I'm already thinking of what will happened next.

Everyone debates it. ): LH and I spent a good chunk of our MSN talking about hair… (and HS pictures)

---

I... actually can't because I don't think that far. D:
This is going to make me sound like an anti-hoennshipper, but I sometimes I don't want them to end up together...yet. It's only because I want to see them keep trying to get together; keep falling in love and not even realize it. x3

HS pictures...
I was just reading a pokemon special/adventures doujinshi of all the pokedex owners in school, and of course there's franticshipping. Maybe you guys have seen it already. There was a school festival, and Sapphire was in a maid costume since her class was doing a cafe. Then as a surprise guest, Ruby arrives with camera. (Well, how often do you see Sapphire in a frilly dress?) So Ruby's camera trigger happy, while Sapphire is going through hell... but they do have their "moment". :3

Thanks, but yours if full of win. xDD

Don't worry. There's probably a storm heading her way. C:<

No worries. I understand, really. I myself too brain dead to do my own themes too. x___X;;

D'aw. But they could enjoy a horror movie together. ^^;

I know what you mean! It makes me so mad too! I don't remember having to log in so much five years ago! D:<

You're graduating this year?! Wow! Congrats! Gosh, time flies. c':
Good Lord. Just two posts and so much to quote! XD

Damn, I wish I were there... maybe next time, I can join in, and we can talk about our other perennial topic; his voice! xD (BTW, did anyone else remember talking about that?)

I actually always imagined her telling him she liked it, which cheered him up because other kids picked on him for it. Cute, no?

Ooh, I've got an idea to build on that one! Okay; Brendan claims not to be interested in such movies, but actually loves them. He allows May to take him to one, and all throughout, he pretends to be apathetic toward the film. At the end, she gushes over it and notices how transparently Brendan is pretending not to like it, and tries to get him to admit how romantic he thought it was. Does it work?
I vaguely remember that... on a different thread. It was a discussion on Ruby's voice though... but maybe it did happen on the HS thread and I had already retired. :/

lol And I was just thinking of what kind of voice Brendan would have yesterday. ^^; Hm... I imagined his voice to be a little low, but not too low. Just a hint husky... and somewhat cynical... it's a little hard for me to explain. I'm sure I can find an example of what the heck I'm talking about...somewhere...

It is cute. :3
ROFL Even the kids are picking on him?! Man, we've really need to change things for Brendan. Dx

YES, IT DOES!! CC-kun, you're great at these scenarios. See? You've got nothing to worry about. >8D

EDIT:Gah, so much happen while I was typing. Dx
Brendan a type O while May a type B... yeah, I can agree to that. c:

Last edited:
Marichi-nee said:
Oh, that's true. It's like we've mostly made our drabbles in Brendan's POV and somewhat a one-sided love...?

This is going to make me sound like an anti-hoennshipper, but I sometimes I don't want them to end up together...yet. It's only because I want to see them keep trying to get together; keep falling in love and not even realize it. x3

HS pictures...
I was just reading a pokemon special/adventures doujinshi of all the pokedex owners in school, and of course there's franticshipping. Maybe you guys have seen it already. There was a school festival, and Sapphire was in a maid costume since her class was doing a cafe. Then as a surprise guest, Ruby arrives with camera. (Well, how often do you see Sapphire in a frilly dress?) So Ruby's camera trigger happy, while Sapphire is going through hell... but they do have their "moment". :3

Don't worry. There's probably a storm heading her way. C:<

No worries. I understand, really. I myself too brain dead to do my own themes too. x___X;;

D'aw. But they could enjoy a horror movie together. ^^;

I know what you mean! It makes me so mad too! I don't remember having to log in so much five years ago! D:<

You're graduating this year?! Wow! Congrats! Gosh, time flies. c':

I vaguely remember that... on a different thread. It was a discussion on Ruby's voice though... but maybe it did happen on the HS thread and I had already retired. :/

lol And I was just thinking of what kind of voice Brendan would have yesterday. ^^; Hm... I imagined his voice to be a little low, but not too low. Just a hint husky... and somewhat cynical... it's a little hard for me to explain. I'm sure I can find an example of what the heck I'm talking about...somewhere...

It is cute. :3
ROFL Even the kids are picking on him?! Man, we've really need to change things for Brendan. Dx

YES, IT DOES!! CC-kun, you're great at these scenarios. See? You've got nothing to worry about. >8D

EDIT:Gah, so much happen while I was typing. Dx
Brendan a type O while May a type B... yeah, I can agree to that. c:
Interesting... do you suppose this is a good trend? It does have some merit, certainly...

No, I understand. I actually prefer if it takes a long time and a lot of effort for them to finally get together. For one thing, if it takes that long, it's more likely that they'll know each other well enough to stay together. On top of that, I've always been one of those "life's a journey, not a destination" kinds of people, and I suppose it works well applied to love, too. ^^

I'm afraid I haven't seen it, but after your description, I so want to. XD

This should be fun, hehe...

Now I no longer feel the least bit alone in that respect. xDD

They probably could. ^^

I know exactly what you mean! It was never this exhausting back in '05. X_x;; Granted, it's still fun, but the constant posting really takes it out of ya...

Ooh, I am, too! Just a month later, since I live in the Northeast. And yes, it does fly, doesn't it?

Really? I remember two separate discussions, one for Brendan's voice and another for Ruby's, with the second in a totally different thread... though, my memory has gotten rather fuzzy...

OMG, I think I know exactly what kind of voice you mean; listen to this clip, specifically the guy in black. That's Johnny Yong Bosch, one of my favourite anime voice actors and my #1 choice to play Brendan if he ever appeared on the show. But, more importantly, do you think it fits your description?

Thank you kindly.
Oops, never thought of it like that... Lol, and after all the defending him I did? XD At least he's got May to make him feel better, hm?

Yay, thank you! =D I guess I don't have anything to worry about, do I? Now I just need to elaborate a bit and immortalise these ideas in print...

Yes, quite a bit. ><;;
Thanks, again. ^^

Breezy

Lazy to quote. :D

I actually think the stories that have Brendan and May's relationship developing instead of stories where they're already together are much more interesting. Mm, prolly 'cause there's much more you can do to get them together and you as the reader are wondering if they'll make it or not. You're pretty limited with what you can do when they're already together.

I mean, who cares once they get together? X3 lulz.

I always imagined Brendan's voice to be kind of low, but still can get kind of high and whiny when he gets upset and hotheaded over something stupid. ;P

As for why you guys seem to give Brendan the shorter end of the stick in your drabbles is because, I think, we all imagined Brendan's character to be hotheaded, and it's always fun to poke fun at those type of characters just to see them asplode.

Asplodeeeee.

Likewise, if you were to poke May the same way, she'd probably ... don't know. Would she act mad? Lol. Or would she cry or something? Crying isn't fun.

Lazy to quote. :D

I actually think the stories that have Brendan and May's relationship developing instead of stories where they're already together are much more interesting. Mm, prolly 'cause there's much more you can do to get them together and you as the reader are wondering if they'll make it or not. You're pretty limited with what you can do when they're already together.

I mean, who cares once they get together? X3 lulz.

I always imagined Brendan's voice to be kind of low, but still can get kind of high and whiny when he gets upset and hotheaded over something stupid. ;P

As for why you guys seem to give Brendan the shorter end of the stick in your drabbles is because, I think, we all imagined Brendan's character to be hotheaded, and it's always fun to poke fun at those type of characters just to see them asplode.

Asplodeeeee.

Likewise, if you were to poke May the same way, she'd probably ... don't know. Would she act mad? Lol. Or would she cry or something? Crying isn't fun.
No one blames you, Breeze.

Exactly my point. There's all kinds of potential for character development, interesting scenarios, etc. in a "developing romance" setting that you simply can't get when the characters are already together. Of course, it has the unfortunate side effect of causing the story to almost invariably come to an end as soon as the couple gets together... but like you said, who really care about what happens after that point. XD

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! That's exactly how I imagined it! Deadly-serious one moment, whining impotently the next; comedic gold, I'd say. =D

You know, I think that's the best explanation anyone's come up with for that so far. It is rather fun to push the guy's buttons, isn't it? Leads to all kinds of funny shenanigans. Of course, it's just as fun to throw him a bone occasionally, so that those few moments of true happiness he gets have some extra impact. ^^

In May's case, I imagine she would get mad, but just not in an extreme way. Certainly not Sapphire-mad, anyway. More like anime-May's occasional outbursts.

Status
Not open for further replies.