• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoennshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marichi

Interesting... do you suppose this is a good trend? It does have some merit, certainly...

I'm afraid I haven't seen it, but after your description, I so want to. XD

Ooh, I am, too! Just a month later, since I live in the Northeast. And yes, it does fly, doesn't it?

Really? I remember two separate discussions, one for Brendan's voice and another for Ruby's, with the second in a totally different thread... though, my memory has gotten rather fuzzy...

OMG, I think I know exactly what kind of voice you mean; listen to this clip, specifically the guy in black. That's Johnny Yong Bosch, one of my favourite anime voice actors and my #1 choice to play Brendan if he ever appeared on the show. But, more importantly, do you think it fits your description?

:/ Hm... can't say. When it's one sided it usually ends up being unrequited Trends don't last long, so there's probably nothing to worry about. After all, there's got to be a limit on how long we could torture Brendan.

It's a Japanese fan site (of course) and goes by the name "loiter factory". See fanarts>Pokesupe>Room school or -学園部屋-> Lesson 3.

Oooh! Congratulations to you too! :3

Unfortunately, I live outside of the US and UK so I can't watch the video to hear his voice. Judging from the related videos though, do you mean Lelouch's voice from CG? ;D

Song... no, nothing comes to my mind. Maybe "futuristic imagination" by school food punishment...maybe... but probably not. xDD

EDIT: ==# Urgh, these server crashes... Now I'm mad...

EDIT 2:
@Breezy- rofl on the who cares once they're together. xD

If May was the crying type, she'd probably cry for everything -when she's worried for Brendan, when she's mad at Brendan, etc. :p

Last edited:
:/ Hm... can't say. When it's one sided it usually ends up being unrequited Trends don't last long, so there's probably nothing to worry about. After all, there's got to be a limit on how long we could torture Brendan.

It's a Japanese fan site (of course) and goes by the name "loiter factory". See fanarts>Pokesupe>Room school or -学園部屋-> Lesson 3.

Oooh! Congratulations to you too! :3

Unfortunately, I live outside of the US and UK so I can't watch the video to hear his voice. Judging from the related videos though, do you mean Lelouch's voice from CG? ;D

Song... no, nothing comes to my mind. Maybe "futuristic imagination" by school food punishment...maybe... but probably not. xDD

EDIT: ==# Urgh, these server crashes... Now I'm mad...

@Breezy- rofl on the who cares once they're together. xD

If May was the crying type, she'd probably cry for everything -when she's worried for Brendan, when she's mad at Brendan, etc. :p
Hmm... maybe just long enough for us to milk some interesting material from it? After all, with us being shippers, unrequited would have to become requited at some point. And yes, perhaps we should ease up on poor Brendan before he snaps. XD

Oh, I see... for a moment, I wondered why I didn't run into it while surfing Pokemon-Search, but then I remembered that I was only looking at game shippings. ^^;; It sounds promising! I shall tell you my opinion as soon as I look at it.

Thank you! :)

Ah, crap, really? Well, alright, I'll find something more accessible... but yes, I did mean Lelouch's voice. ;D
Though, perhaps with less of the dramatic inflection. xD Like, somewhere between Lelouch and Ichigo from Bleach (another of Bosch's roles).

EDIT: Okay, hopefully, you can see this clip. Only listen to Lelouch, and only the English portion (obviously!).

Uh... I'll look it up. ^^;

Is that what causes a page to take up to half an hour to load? If it is, then yes, it really does suck. =_=;;

I believe there's a trope for that particular concept. xD

All the time, huh? I'm not sure what I would think of that...

Last edited:

Toge-chan

Lalala~~
How did I know you'd say that first thing? XP

Oh, no, there's no need to shut up; you're contributing! ^^ I may need to look up most of those, though... ^^;;

In response to that blood type thing, I actually looked up the Japanese blood type-personality thing a while back. Going by that and my personal spin on the characters, I would consider Brendan "O" and May... "B"?

That's because 75% of my playlist is JE sadly enough. xD

I'd say May is more of an A than a B. After all B's are supposed to have big egos and are kind of not very nice? But I agree with Brendan. lol now they're not compatible ): Maybe May should be a B after all! XD

That's because 75% of my playlist is JE sadly enough. xD

I'd say May is more of an A than a B. After all B's are supposed to have big egos and are kind of not very nice? But I agree with Brendan. lol now they're not compatible ): Maybe May should be a B after all! XD
I remember quite well, thank you. XD

You have a point there... I guess I didn't really pay much attention. ^^;; I saw the "devoted, helpful, doer" part and just said "yes". A actually does fit a bit better... but, then again, if it affects compatibility, that may be a problem. How to solve such a conundrum... ?

Toge-chan

Lalala~~
I remember quite well, thank you. XD

You have a point there... I guess I didn't really pay much attention. ^^;; I saw the "devoted, helpful, doer" part and just said "yes". A actually does fit a bit better... but, then again, if it affects compatibility, that may be a problem. How to solve such a conundrum... ?

Haha. Poor you. >P

Who knows. I can't find the blood types in the japanese wiki. ): ALL ANIME CHARACTERS HAVE BLOOD TYPES. ): It might be a good idea to make Brendan a B. Because B's are compatible with all blood types, iirc. :p And then we can make May an A!

Marichi

Ah, crap, really? Well, alright, I'll find something more accessible... but yes, I did mean Lelouch's voice. ;D
Though, perhaps with less of the dramatic inflection. xD Like, somewhere between Lelouch and Ichigo from Bleach (another of Bosch's roles).

EDIT: Okay, hopefully, you can see this clip. Only listen to Lelouch, and only the English portion (obviously!).

Uh... I'll look it up. ^^;
OMG, IT'S RENTON. Well... for the English voice actor that is. His voice seems to be everywhere lately video games, anime films/series, ... where else? I guess it could work.
But the Japanese version fits perfectly. :3

I listened to it again and looked up the lyrics...and it doesn't fit hoennshipping after all. = =;

Haha. Poor you. >P

Who knows. I can't find the blood types in the japanese wiki. ): ALL ANIME CHARACTERS HAVE BLOOD TYPES. ): It might be a good idea to make Brendan a B. Because B's are compatible with all blood types, iirc. :p And then we can make May an A!
Never said it bothered me, just that I remember. XP

It's readily available on regular English Wikipedia... o_O YES, THEY DO! The Japanese are very much into that, apparently. Really? Compatible is nice... although, I really do like him with the "snarky genius" personality that O suggests; B sounds kinda boring by comparison. Do you suppose the "opposites attract" notion could justify Brendan as an O and May as an A?

Marichi said:
OMG, IT'S RENTON. Well... for the English voice actor that is. His voice seems to be everywhere lately video games, anime films/series, ... where else? I guess it could work.
But the Japanese version fits perfectly. :3

I listened to it again and looked up the lyrics...and it doesn't fit hoennshipping after all. = =;
LOL, yes, a lot of people remarked that Lelouch sounded like Renton in that episode (due to him using a higher tone than normal). XD They are the same guy, though. He's quite talented, and seems to pop up everywhere (mostly dubbed anime/games, though). Just "could work", huh? Oh, well; I still love it. ^^
Jun Fukuyama as Brendan? Sounds intriguing...

Oh. Well, okay, then; I suppose we can forget that. ^^;;

Sequoia

CCTV said:
Hm, Regency Romance has its charms, but it's a bit too far back in time for me. I prefer stuff at the tail end of Historical Romance (WWI-1920's). ^^ If there was a term for stuff set during WWII ('cause after it is when Contemporary Romance starts), I'd like that, too. I believe I made my interest in love stories set during war apparent in the last thread.

[jeez, can you tell I visited Wikipedia right before writing that last bit? ^^;;]

Now, now, Sis; if you recall, Cherri and I were siblings first, which would probably make you the adopted one. XP

I'm pretty sure I prefer the white... but, then again, there are plenty of great pictures out there of him with black hair... oy, you're right, it is hard to decide. XD

Poor, poor Brendan gets put through the wringer again, I see. I sincerely hope he actually manages to get the girl and find happiness at the ends of the scenarios you guys keep coming up with. XD

EDIT: You sly fox... "exactly the way you want it to appear in the story", huh? Cutting corners, are we? xD Nah, I'm just kidding around.

Man, I sure wish I could understand that reference. ;_;

Your readers' reasoning can be easily picked apart:

1.) A fallacy as of Gen. 4; Lucas' hair is dark blue. Alternatively, it could be chalked up to tradition and/or laziness.
2.) As I said, it could easily be an artist's shortcut.
3.) ALTERNATE CONTINUITY, PEOPLE!

I think that's why people like Regency; you can make up whatever you don't know. :p

[I just assumed you were nerdy enough to know things like that, dear brother.]

Pffffft. I'm older. :D (that makes me the middle child oh no)

The idea of white hair is amusing, and you can save time when drawing B-boy cos you don't need to colour in his hair. XD But black hair is more normal, I guess.

orz He always ends up with the girl though. D: He just has to suffer while getting there because we are sadists like him being a gentleman.

Dude, that's exactly what I thought. XD KANTA YOU LAZY NOOB, WHY DO WE HAVE TO WRITE OUR OWN DESCRIPTIONS?

Lizzy & Darcy = Pride and Prejudice. You, of all people, should have read this book a thousand times over, because it's the ultimate book of Regency and luurve. XD

1. Lucas' sprite is way cool though. D:
2. Artists are very lazy... shush, you.

Kanta t3h lazy noob said:
<3 Can you imagine Brendan calling May “Mrs. Birch” and kissing her? :3

XD no need to rush~ *not gonna work on it until after she graduates out of high school in 2 weeks*

Kanta has a theory thingy: May run away from Brendan if he was like Edward because 1) white hair isn’t normal; 2) palepale skin isn’t normal; 3) his eyes are red (in Twilight, that’s BAAAAD LOL); 4) his skin is cold 24/7; 5) he stalks her/wants her blood (EW); 6) Sparkly skin?!?!

I BELIEVE IT’S WHITE HAIR! *raises hand* Besides, May can make fun of it then. <3

EDIT 2: Uggghhh. This post took 45+ minutes to do. *shakes fist at constantly-crashing forums*

.. I can. O: Oh no. Am I insane like you? "MRS BIIIIIIIRCH!"

I graduate in 6 months! :D

Seriously, 4 is so true. O_O I always wondered why people like hugging vampires.. they're freezing cold.

Bleached hair, remember? :D

I post when it's not peak hour. XD SPPF is relatively fast then.

Marichineeseh said:

CCTV! said:
LOL, yes, a lot of people remarked that Lelouch sounded like Renton in that episode (due to him using a higher tone than normal). XD They are the same guy, though. He's quite talented, and seems to pop up everywhere (mostly dubbed anime/games, though). Just "could work", huh? Oh, well; I still love it. ^^

You sure? :D We love B-boy, but he's gotta work for the love~

Lelouch's voice is sexay. 8D I had no idea he's Renton as well. -nosebleed-

And surprising how you mention he uses a higher tone. Maybe he can go even higher and sound whiny at the right moments, like Breezeh wants. XD

Toge-chan

Lalala~~
Never said it bothered me, just that I remember. XP

It's readily available on regular English Wikipedia... o_O YES, THEY DO! The Japanese are very much into that, apparently. Really? Compatible is nice... although, I really do like him with the "snarky genius" personality that O suggests; B sounds kinda boring by comparison. Do you suppose the "opposites attract" notion could justify Brendan as an O and May as an A?

I tried looking for their blood types, but I couldn't even find Ash's. o_o Aaah, maybe it's because looking at jp wiki at 1am is no good. XDDD

*shrugs* THAT'S WHEN KOI NO ABO COMES RESCUE USSS. "The fortune says we don't match, is that real? We can just work it out." XD

Kanta-chan

Too many posts/replies/topics. P: But oh yeahhh-- Kanta remembers the bleach thing. xD For those who don't remember...

(A/N: Brendan still has black hair and brown eyes) Brendan leans into the washing machine looking for his favorite shirt. Mrs. Birch didn't notice him and poured (lotsa) bleach into the machine... and onto Brendan's head.

"GAH. MY EYES!" Brendan screams in agony, which caused Mrs. Birch to scream as well.

"Brendan I'm so sorry!" She turns on the washing machine and runs his head under it (XD). When he wiped off all the bleach, his hair was white (and continues to grow out white) and his eyes remained red.

The end? D: It's Mrs. Birch's fault!

---
*answering topics*
Kanta thinks Brendan should be type O blood and May should be A.
@ Seq: Kanta is not a lazy noob. =(
Kanta thinks that Lelouch's VA (English) is good but Rolo's Japanese voice is better for Brendan cuz it's more higher pitched and all (that's just me)... :3
Didn't we discuss that it would be some VA from Digimon in our last thread? O:
Kanta also agrees that Brendan and May shouldn't be together considering it's fun making them get together. :D

Last edited:

Kana

kisses
<3 Can you imagine Brendan calling May “Mrs. Birch” and kissing her? :3

Lawl, yeah your reply interrupted our funny stories. >:O jk, I’m not mad. <3 Your drabble was very touching though oddly I was reversing Brendan and May here… (cuz Brendan knows that guys are supposed to be strong and not cry so he’s holding it in…) My imagination works weirdly like that. Lol.

No... I actually thought that part was way overdone. ^^;; Meadow scene was good enough for me!

xD Thanks.

Ooh, I've got an idea to build on that one! Okay; Brendan claims not to be interested in such movies, but actually loves them. He allows May to take him to one, and all throughout, he pretends to be apathetic toward the film. At the end, she gushes over it and notices how transparently Brendan is pretending not to like it, and tries to get him to admit how romantic he thought it was. Does it work?

Haha, that'd make for a good fic. ;) Go for it bro!

What songs bring Hoennshipping to your mind, since I see no topic.

I dunno at this point. Hikari? How about Traumerei by Rurutia <3 From May's POV <3

Oh, that's true. It's like we've mostly made our drabbles in Brendan's POV and somewhat a one-sided love...?

:'D HE LIVES!!! Aw~ :3 I'm already thinking of what will happened next.

I wrote a fic like that once. :p Too bad it sucked xD

You will find out... soon...

I actually think the stories that have Brendan and May's relationship developing instead of stories where they're already together are much more interesting. Mm, prolly 'cause there's much more you can do to get them together and you as the reader are wondering if they'll make it or not. You're pretty limited with what you can do when they're already together.

I mean, who cares once they get together? X3 lulz.

Amen sister.

Exactly my point. There's all kinds of potential for character development, interesting scenarios, etc. in a "developing romance" setting that you simply can't get when the characters are already together. Of course, it has the unfortunate side effect of causing the story to almost invariably come to an end as soon as the couple gets together... but like you said, who really care about what happens after that point. XD

That's why if I'm writing Hoennshippy stuff, and they end up together, I keep it subtle. No outright kissy kissy stuff. ;D

The peacekeeper! xD

orz He always ends up with the girl though. D: He just has to suffer while getting there because we are sadists like him being a gentleman.

lol! We ARE, it's too true. We love to torture our characters >;D

B: -______-;;;
M: O_______O;

Gah. I'm too lazy to quote everyone, I'm sorry. x__x;

@Kanta: I remember that whole bleach thing xDD Although he might've been blinded by the BLEACH? =OOO Fic anyone?!

Marichi

:/ ... both Ruby and Sapphire are type O according to Serebii... but again, that's Franticshipping...

CC-kun said:
Jun Fukuyama as Brendan? Sounds intriguing...
^^; Sorry, it'll take me a bit of time to accept his voice for another character...again. But you're probably right. I can't think of anyone else more suited to voice Brendan.

So...how about May? What kind of voice do you think she'll have?

Seq said:
lol Maybe we'll get to page 400 again, and Brendan will still be under our mercy.

6 months?! Wow, everyone is so grown up now. xD

K, let's get this over with...

6. earrings -May and Brendan are out shopping at Slateport. They pass by a trinket shop and a pair of earrings catches May's eye. Before May can stop him, Brendan buys them for her. She thanks him, but instead of Brendan giving her the pair, he splits it. An earring on May's right ear, and an earring on Brendan's left ear.

7. secret message/ 8. A dream; a promise

They've been traveling together for awhile, but it wasn't until recently that Brendan took noticed something odd with May shoes.

"May, there's something I've been meaning to ask you." Stopping in her tracks, she turned around to face him properly.
"Ok... what is it?"

"Why do you have Contest Ribbon written on the left sole of your shoe?"

"Oh," she timidly began, "you might think it's silly. Because I wrote it on the bottom of my shoe, every step I take, I feel like I'm literally one step closer to accomplishing my goal."

"I see..." Brendan then crooked his head to the side and narrowed his eyes. "Then my name on your right--"

"W-what? There's nothing there!" May quickly shuffled right foot back, kicking up a little dust cloud.

"I'm just kidding, May," Brendan chuckled as he patted her shoulder and walked on ahead.

Just when she was about to say something back at him, May couldn't help but notice something on the soles of Brendan's shoes: Gym Badge and May.

9. catch a drop of tear &
"I hate and I love
well, why do I, you probably ask
I don't know, but I know it's happening
and it hurts."
-C. Valerius Catullus

"Brendan, you idiot!" May yelled as she pounded her fists onto Brendan's chest.

"May, what--" It wasn't usual for her to call him an idiot or hit him, but something was different this time. He stopped himself when he felt May's tears fall onto his shirt. "What's wrong?"

"I hate you! I hate you so much! Do you have any idea what you're doing to me? I hardly ever see you, yet you're always on my mind. Then when I do see you, my heart starts pounding in my chest that it hurts. I can't concentrate on battles or anything when you're around. It's so frustrating. When I talk to you, I'm don't even feel like myself. I can't stand this feeling anymore. I hate it! I hate you!" May sobbed while tears freely cascaded down her face.

Brendan's eyes soften. He understood everything. It made him happy hearing all this, yet sad at the same time at the sight of May being all torn up inside. He reached out and cradled her face in his hands. One by one he kissed the tears off May's cheek.

"I hate you," May whispered.

"I know," he replied, catching another tear in his lips.

"I really hate you...Brendan."

"I love you too, May."

=3=;; fluffy...

Good God, more mountains of quotes! =_=;;

I think that's why people like Regency; you can make up whatever you don't know. :p

[I just assumed you were nerdy enough to know things like that, dear brother.]

The idea of white hair is amusing, and you can save time when drawing B-boy cos you don't need to colour in his hair. XD But black hair is more normal, I guess.

Dude, that's exactly what I thought. XD KANTA YOU LAZY NOOB, WHY DO WE HAVE TO WRITE OUR OWN DESCRIPTIONS?

Lizzy & Darcy = Pride and Prejudice. You, of all people, should have read this book a thousand times over, because it's the ultimate book of Regency and luurve. XD

1. Lucas' sprite is way cool though. D:
2. Artists are very lazy... shush, you.

I graduate in 6 months! :D

Seriously, 4 is so true. O_O I always wondered why people like hugging vampires.. they're freezing cold.

Bleached hair, remember? :D

I post when it's not peak hour. XD SPPF is relatively fast then.

Lelouch's voice is sexay. 8D I had no idea he's Renton as well. -nosebleed-

And surprising how you mention he uses a higher tone. Maybe he can go even higher and sound whiny at the right moments, like Breezeh wants. XD

I tried looking for their blood types, but I couldn't even find Ash's. o_o Aaah, maybe it's because looking at jp wiki at 1am is no good. XDDD

*shrugs* THAT'S WHEN KOI NO ABO COMES RESCUE USSS. "The fortune says we don't match, is that real? We can just work it out." XD

Too many posts/replies/topics. P: But oh yeahhh-- Kanta remembers the bleach thing. xD For those who don't remember...

(A/N: Brendan still has black hair and brown eyes) Brendan leans into the washing machine looking for his favorite shirt. Mrs. Birch didn't notice him and poured (lotsa) bleach into the machine... and onto Brendan's head.

"GAH. MY EYES!" Brendan screams in agony, which caused Mrs. Birch to scream as well.

"Brendan I'm so sorry!" She turns on the washing machine and runs his head under it (XD). When he wiped off all the bleach, his hair was white (and continues to grow out white) and his eyes remained red.

The end? D: It's Mrs. Birch's fault!

---
*answering topics*
Kanta thinks Brendan should be type O blood and May should be A.
@ Seq: Kanta is not a lazy noob. =(
Kanta thinks that Lelouch's VA (English) is good but Rolo's Japanese voice is better for Brendan cuz it's more higher pitched and all (that's just me)... :3
Didn't we discuss that it would be some VA from Digimon in our last thread? O:
Kanta also agrees that Brendan and May shouldn't be together considering it's fun making them get together. :D
@Jane: Hmm... I can see your point, there. ^^ Of course, I was always a stickler for accuracy...

[Oh, don't you worry, sister dear; I'm nerdy enough and then some. Why would I have looked it all up if I weren't, hm?]

Middle child, huh? Haw haw, you're the neglected one! XD

But uniqueness and ease of drawing are both good, hm? :D

Yeah, let's just stick with the gentleman thing... lest he find out about our secret plot. XD

I was a little miffed at first, but then again, we're all pretty lazy at times, right? ^^;;

No, I got the reference, I just need to get around to reading and/or watching... [grumbles]

1.) Who said it wasn't? o_o
2.) Yes, they are! I'm shouting it from the rooftops! L-A-Z-Y! xP

Congrats to you, too, Sis! =D

I never understood the sexualisation of vampires in the first place. o_O Wasn't the original Bram Stoker Dracula utterly hideous?

Oh, right. :D That's an option, too!

Gah, hemisphere differences. x_x Yeah, if I could post when the other side of the world was asleep, I'd get fast service, too.

The more he works for it, though, the more deserving he is, right~?

I'd agree with that, and I'm a guy! XD But, yeah, he's Renton, too. Wide range on him, that's for sure.

If you're as familiar with Mr. Bosch's Eureka Seven work as you seem, you'd know that he can rock the high-pitch quite well. XD

@Toge: ... OH! Now I get it; you were looking for the characters' specific blood types. I thought you just meant the page for the idea. ^^;; The Japanese one might have it somewhere... I never heard of definite types for any of them, though.

Oh, that's how it goes? Yay, loophole! XD

@Kanta: Oh, yeah, tell me about it. ><;; That's good, though! CC remembered that, too. Oh, and CC is also wondering why Kanta is suddenly talking like this... xDD

That had to be one of the most memorable passages of the whole story. XD

Oddly enough, it's her fault in my personal canon, too. Indirectly, though; I came up with the idea that Mrs. Birch had white hair (or possibly full-blown albinism), and that she passed it on to him.

Oh, good, Kanta agrees! ^^
Yes, another vote for JYB! Rolo's... Japanese voice? Never thought of that... although I did always think his English voice would work for Wally, being all nervous-sounding and stuff. :3
Yeah; I was waiting for someone to mention that! xD Most of you guys suggested either Michael Reisz (Matt's VA) or Joshua Seth (Tai's VA).
And CC agrees that that's the best way to go. ^^

Sister Cherri said:
Haha, that'd make for a good fic. Go for it bro!

That's why if I'm writing Hoennshippy stuff, and they end up together, I keep it subtle. No outright kissy kissy stuff. ;D
Thanks, Sis! ^^ I'll put it on my to do list.

That's my approach, too. I've always been a fan of subtlety; you can convey just as much emotion that way without getting up in the audience's face with it. ;D

Marichi-nee said:
:/ ... both Ruby and Sapphire are type O according to Serebii... but again, that's Franticshipping...

^^; Sorry, it'll take me a bit of time to accept his voice for another character...again. But you're probably right. I can't think of anyone else more suited to voice Brendan.

lol Maybe we'll get to page 400 again, and Brendan will still be under our mercy.

6 months?! Wow, everyone is so grown up now. xD
Well, that's good, too, I suppose. ^^
Oh, no, I understand; he is practically everywhere nowadays. ^^;; I'm glad you still agree, though; I used to think my ideas were ridiculous. xD

Interesting idea... honestly, I enjoyed Veronica Taylor's original work for her (she played May on the show prior to 4Kids losing the license, after which the inferior Michelle Knotz took her place), despite how much she sounded like a female Ash. XD But, if I had to pick someone new, I'd go with Michelle Ruff. That's Euphemia, also from CG. ^^ But also Rukia from Bleach and a bunch of other characters.

Hopefully, by then, we'll have given him a bit of a break...

Lol, it's amazing how the time flew, huh?

Very nice drabbles, too! :D Quite touching, especially the second one. That one... [sighs wistfully] really hits me where I live...

Kana

kisses

Hmm... not sure about this one. I think her dub voice is fine, actually, except when she squeals. Maybe a little mellower.

6. earrings -May and Brendan are out shopping at Slateport. They pass by a trinket shop and a pair of earrings catches May's eye. Before May can stop him, Brendan buys them for her. She thanks him, but instead of Brendan giving her the pair, he splits it. An earring on May's right ear, and an earring on Brendan's left ear.

OMG, this is TOO cute. I love the idea of this... sooo much cuter than what I wrote for this. ^^ Props to you! c:

I really love the second one too~ That's just so sweet. "One step closer"... <333 Sometimes a lil' sweet fluff is what we need. ;D

I love CCTV said:
I never understood the sexualisation of vampires in the first place. o_O Wasn't the original Bram Stoker Dracula utterly hideous?

Interesting... I dunno. I guess blood = sexy nowadays? o_O; Cherri doesn't like b-l-o-o-d.

That one... [sighs wistfully] really hits me where I live...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm?...

- - -

iii. earrings
a continuation of "a promise, a dream"

He had been gone for "five freaking long years," as she had said (in hysterics) before slapping him. Why were girls so freaking touchy? He mourned his cheek, now covered with brutal red fingerprints, and there were no red lip marks to boot. What was this insanity? He came back after all those years, and to what? A slap?!

Okay. In case she continued in her hysterics, sobbing and squeezing him like there was no tomorrow when he presented his gift to her, his façade was ready. As she always said, "You are such a boy." Good thing she could see past that.

He leaned over the glass casing, gazing in wonder at all of the beautiful and invaluable jewels that were sheltered inside. Amethysts, emeralds, rubies, sapphires, diamonds… Purple, green, red, blue… white-ish and damn sparkly…

The ruby earrings were his favorite. They stood for the red fingerprints, the non-existent red lip marks, the red sunset, and, though he’d never say it aloud, the red thread around our fingers. He couldn’t get her anything blue, could he? After all, he had made her promise not to shed tears for him, so that his guilt could somehow be numbed with the thought that she wasn’t crying. He needed to prove to her that he had been worth waiting for.

He pointed to the earrings.

"For whom, sir?" the man behind the counter asked quizzically, because he certainly wasn’t looking to buy those for himself, was he?

A sly grin crept onto Brendan’s face. May would probably kill him for his mischievousness later, but he’d rather have her happy on the inside and not so much on the outside than not at all. He hoped five years hadn’t aged him too much…

“For my wife, sir.”

The poor clerk’s jaw dropped. “T-truly, sir?...” he stuttered, scanning the teenager from toe to head. He had typical beachwear on: flip-flops, baggy black shorts, and a white tank top beneath an unbuttoned collared shirt. His hair was unusually white—old-man white—but still, he couldn’t possibly be of that age already…

Brendan nodded nonchalantly. "Truly, sir. By the way, her name is May Maple..."

- - -

One hour later…

"BIRCH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

- - -

Hopefully my attempt at humor wasn't totally lame. lol. Maple (c) Breezeh :) (I think)

About the voice actor for Brendan, CC, that clip of Lelouch (?) was OK (more suited to Brendan than that character judging from looks, IMO!). The Japanese voice actor made him sound more sinister. Like Gin from BLEACH. *shudders*

Dammit, Marichi was right about the damn server crashes. I wrote this post at least 45 minutes ago! >_<

Little Sis (not you said:
Hmm... not sure about this one. I think her dub voice is fine, actually, except when she squeals. Maybe a little mellower.

OMG, this is TOO cute. I love the idea of this... sooo much cuter than what I wrote for this. ^^ Props to you! c:

I really love the second one too~ That's just so sweet. "One step closer"... <333 Sometimes a lil' sweet fluff is what we need. ;D

Interesting... I dunno. I guess blood = sexy nowadays? o_O; Cherri doesn't like b-l-o-o-d.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm?...

Hopefully my attempt at humor wasn't totally lame. lol. Maple (c) Breezeh :) (I think)

About the voice actor for Brendan, CC, that clip of Lelouch (?) was OK (more suited to Brendan than that character judging from looks, IMO!). The Japanese voice actor made him sound more sinister. Like Gin from BLEACH. *shudders*
That's about what I think, too. The squeal and the "sounds-too-much-like-Ash" thing were really the only elements of Veronica Taylor's performance that bothered me.

I kinda skimmed over that one at first, but now that I've read it more thoroughly, I agree; it is really cute! ^^ But don't worry, I don't think either is better than the other; I liked yours all the same.

Me, too! For all my talk of subtlety and such, I really do enjoy some good ol'-fashioned fluff every now and then.

I don't get it, either. Blood is nasty. ><;; It's got no place in a romantic setting, if you ask me...

May's first bit of dialogue really got to me... maybe I'll elaborate another time, or via PM or something. (trust me, it's something you know or did know at some point...)

Oh, no, it wasn't. It was actually pretty funny. xD Yes, I believe either Breezy or that one dude who wrote the very first Hoennshipping fic ever came up with "Maple".

Oh, good! Guess I was right on the money with that one! And yes, Mr. Fukuyama (the Japanese one) does lay the sinister on a bit too thick to make a good Brendan... Ichimaru's Japanese voice? Never heard it, I'm afraid, but if it's anything like his English one, you have good reason to shudder...

Marichi

>///< I can't concentrate after writing/reading fluff like that...
I don't get it, either. Blood is nasty. ><;; It's got no place in a romantic setting, if you ask me...
xD I don't think it's about the blood. Let me see if I can make you guys squirm.The idea someone being that close in contact, not just breathing down the neck, but suckling, and leaving their mark... *cough* Basically, it's a hickey. =3=;;

CCkun said:
Oh, no, I understand; he is practically everywhere nowadays. ^^;; I'm glad you still agree, though; I used to think my ideas were ridiculous. xD
Oi, oi! You've got brilliant ideas! xD
Interesting idea... honestly, I enjoyed Veronica Taylor's original work for her (she played May on the show prior to 4Kids losing the license, after which the inferior Michelle Knotz took her place), despite how much she sounded like a female Ash. XD But, if I had to pick someone new, I'd go with Michelle Ruff. That's Euphemia, also from CG. ^^ But also Rukia from Bleach and a bunch of other characters.
It does fit. Looks like I'm going to have to agree again.
Hopefully, by then, we'll have given him a bit of a break...

Lol, it's amazing how the time flew, huh?

Very nice drabbles, too! Quite touching, especially the second one. That one... [sighs wistfully] really hits me where I live...
Yeah, I hope so too... but it looks like we're already starting to give him a break -ever so slightly. ^^;

It sure has. I still keep thinking of you guys as starting high school or something. xD It's like the clock in my head stopped five years ago while the clock of the present continues to age everything dear to me. ^^;

xD Aw, thanks. And here I thought it was over the top. ^^;
Sorry...

Cherri-chan said:

c: back to you too~ Glad you liked them. I wasn't sure how it would go, since it wasn't exactly discrete plus the kiss kiss stuff. ^^;

"For whom, sir?" the man behind the counter asked quizzically, because he certainly wasn’t looking to buy those for himself, was he?

A sly grin crept onto Brendan’s face. May would probably kill him for his mischievousness later, but he’d rather have her happy on the inside and not so much on the outside than not at all. He hoped five years hadn’t aged him too much…

“For my wife, sir.”

The poor clerk’s jaw dropped. “T-truly, sir?...” he stuttered, scanning the teenager from toe to head. He had typical beachwear on: flip-flops, baggy black shorts, and a white tank top beneath an unbuttoned collared shirt. His hair was unusually white—old-man white—but still, he couldn’t possibly be of that age already…

Brendan nodded nonchalantly. "Truly, sir. By the way, her name is May Maple..."

- - -

One hour later…

"BIRCH!!!!!!!!!!!!"
LOL. Cute. So instead of a ring, it's a pair of earrings? xD Well, you know how it is when a guy gives a girl jewelry. *w*

Kanta-chan

Gaah, fluffy drabbles. <3 <3 <3 =3= Nice work Marichi, Chairz. Kanta feels fluffy inside. :3

@CC: Ohh, Kanta forgot about Wally. *nodnod* Now that Kanta thinks about it, Kanta agrees that Rolo's Japanese VA goes best for Wally. *ponders over the thought*

Kanta is still talking in third person (sorry CC for making you do it as well! xD) because it's fun, and she's still too lazy to quote.

Kanta's Hoennshipping contribution:

"I hate and I love
well, why do I, you probably
I don't know, but I know it's happening
and it hurts."
-C. Valerius Catullus

My faith is shaking but I got to keep trying... got keep my head held high...

She sat on the porch listening to the summer-hit single make its way to the chorus.

There's always gonna be another mountain

Her light-brown hair flowed with the blowing zephyrs.

I'm always gonna wanna make it move

Does she want to tell him her feelings? Now?

Always gonna be a uphill battle

It's hard to say "goodbye" ... "I'll miss you" ....

Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

And the hardest one of all; "I hate that I love you..."

Ain't about how fast I get there

She needs to tell him. But not now.

Ain't about what's waiting on the other side

Even though he is leaving the next morning...

It's the climb~

End of the chorus. What now?

*unsure of storyline* [song (c) Miley Cyrus]

>///< I can't concentrate after writing/reading fluff like that...

xD I don't think it's about the blood. Let me see if I can make you guys squirm.The idea someone being that close in contact, not just breathing down the neck, but suckling, and leaving their mark... *cough* Basically, it's a hickey. =3=;;

Oi, oi! You've got brilliant ideas! xD
It does fit. Looks like I'm going to have to agree again.
Yeah, I hope so too... but it looks like we're already starting to give him a break -ever so slightly. ^^;

It sure has. I still keep thinking of you guys as starting high school or something. xD It's like the clock in my head stopped five years ago while the clock of the present continues to age everything dear to me. ^^;

xD Aw, thanks. And here I thought it was over the top. ^^;
Sorry...

c: back to you too~ Glad you liked them. I wasn't sure how it would go, since it wasn't exactly discrete plus the kiss kiss stuff. ^^;

LOL. Cute. So instead of a ring, it's a pair of earrings? xD Well, you know how it is when a guy gives a girl jewelry. *w*
[pat-pat] Don't worry; it happens to all of us, I'm sure. xD

Actually, now I that I think I about it, I see what you mean. Not likely, I'm afraid; I'm quite the seasoned Internet warrior, and have seen my fair share of ghastly stuff... Yeah... I'm pretty sure that's the real reason. I could totally get into that! XD j/k I'd have mentioned it earlier, but I was bit distracted (possibly by the fluff. xD).

Thanks to your and the others' inspiration, I'm starting to think so, too. ^^
Er, Ms. Taylor or Ms. Ruff? Or both? Either way, yay, more agreement!
Slightly is still something; I'm sure he's happy. :3

Wow, really? XD It's alright, I suppose time can take all of us by surprise. I kinda feel that way myself, sometimes.

You're welcome! No, it wasn't; not like Cherri's earlier works, anyway. XP Kidding!
Oh, no, don't worry! It's a good thing! It just reminded me of... certain events. Nothing to worry about, really. ^^;; (you could PM Cherri or myself if you feel like asking, though.)

Sis and I go on a lot about subtlety and whatnot, but we both enjoy the occasional patch of fluff. <3

Yes, quite cute. ^^ How is it, actually? The one time I did, she didn't take it seriously (I think were 11, 12, something like that), and she gave it to some other dude who broke it. XD

Kanta! said:
Gaah, fluffy drabbles. <3 <3 <3 =3= Nice work Marichi, Chairz. Kanta feels fluffy inside. :3

@CC: Ohh, Kanta forgot about Wally. *nodnod* Now that Kanta thinks about it, Kanta agrees that Rolo's Japanese VA goes best for Wally. *ponders over the thought*

Kanta is still talking in third person (sorry CC for making you do it as well! xD) because it's fun, and she's still too lazy to quote.
Whee, and CC loves it as well! ^_^ He commends them for their work, too.

She did? Well, at least she remembers now. CC thinks it works nicely, in Japanese and English. ^^

CC can understand why Kanta likes it, because he finds it just as fun. XD

Oh, and he also enjoys her latest contribution, and is giggling a bit over her choice of music, as he happened to hear it just this afternoon.

Kanta-chan

Ohh Euphemia VA's would've suited May great too. *but also misses Veronica Taylor ;_;* The other lady is indeed inferior. >_> Female Ash indeed... *gets clobbered by Ash fans again*

Look. Haruka get's her own theme and poor Yuuki is stuck with cameos. We should be nicer to Brendan now. </3

Oh, and he also enjoys her latest contribution, and is giggling a bit over her choice of music, as he happened to hear it just this afternoon.
Thanks. It's stuck in Kanta's head. ):

Ohh Euphemia VA's would've suited May great too. *but also misses Veronica Taylor ;_;* The other lady is indeed inferior. >_> Female Ash indeed... *gets clobbered by Ash fans again*

Look. Haruka get's her own theme and poor Yuuki is stuck with cameos. We should be nicer to Brendan now. </3

Thanks. It's stuck in Kanta's head. ):
Yay! Come to think of it, they actually sound a little bit alike, don't they? But, yeah, I miss Veronica Taylor, too. ;_; I don't mean to insult Ms. Knotz, but she's a rather poor substitute. ><
Lol, those Ash fans just won't leave you alone, huh? xP

I know! It's a truly a breach of justice! =O We should be nicer to him; lord knows the poor boy needs it.

You're welcome. Kanta shouldn't worry; it's one of those "ear worm" songs that get stuck in peoples' heads, and CC can definitely relate. ^^;;

EDIT: As my first act of kindness toward Brendan, perhaps I'll try giving him a theme of his own! Callin', by Mikio Sakai. (yes, it's from Code Geass again; bear with me. XD) I hope it's generic enough to fit, given his lack of characterisation; from what I can tell, it's about the singer and his friend/lover (read: May! xD) banding together and fighting for justice and/or a bright future... a stretch, I suppose, but it's something. ^^;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.