• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoennshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanta-chan

Like I said, I think they were all deleted. D: Sad, because I think at least a couple of them were pretty good. Almost all of them depicted May as the Champion, though... one more trend to buck once I try my own hand at it. xD

You did? What was it about? I saw the Franticshipping ones, too; there seemed to be more of them, probably since there are more images of Ruby and Sapphire floating around to use.

One of my problems when trying to write a drabble is that it always gets too long. I just seem to have trouble conveying a full story in drabble form... apparently, I'm just fine with one-shots, though.
That’s too bad. I think I might write one when I find time… That’s funny how all of have May as champion. I bet she kept teasing him. <3 Poor Brendan (again).

Ah, the ones I’ve seen are all franticshipping art or hoennshipping art made into a video. I saw some parody ones too, but those include the other characters from the manga.

Ohh, same here. My posts tend to get too long and I have to post it at an external place and link it back…

DONE! Dx
Aa, but it's so messy~
:D :D :D KANTA LIKES. Nice-su~ wor-kuuu~ Marichi-nee. <3 xD It looks exactly what I had in mind. His hair is so white and fluffy… +_+ *touches it*
May: No~ Only I can touch!

Ooh... Wow, that's actually really good! Don't worry, I don't think it's messy at all. C: Of course, I'm a terrible artist, so I don't really know what qualifies as "messy"... ^^;; But, I still like it. And I'm sure Kanta will, too, since it's just what she was saying she wanted to see earlier!

Okay, story time! I kinda-sorta used the "love/hate" theme from the set of themes before the current one... it's kinda hard to pick up on, though. ^^;; Whatever, here it is:

[cut for space]

Okay, my thoughts after writing that: "Wow, where did that come from?" xD I always imagine writing bright, happy stuff, and then when I actually write something, it comes out as some kind of weirdo mindscrew fic. At least it was sorta optimistic toward the end...
xD Yes I do indeed like it. It’s not messy at all. Wow, I made Marichi draw a picture and post up challenges lawl. I feel like I’m asking too much from Marichi-nee. :[ *hugs Marichi*

No, it’s not hard to pick up at all! I rather like what you wrote because again—it’s another thing that hasn’t been done before. You are very creative CC! ^^ Kanta is impressed and wants to see more. I could only imagine how Brendan is feeling with his troubled thoughts and how he felt once May answered her phone…

It’s not optimistic at all! It’s just original! <3 It’s short enough to keep interest, and long enough to cover your idea… also the vocabulary is very good. I wish I could write a fic/drabble not using the same words over and over again xD.

Kanta is just sitting here waiting for more because of the cliffhanger haha. P:

Cody, this piece is absolutely marverlous. Highly detailed, it had be constantly hanging of to the next sentence. I want to find out what happened. I envy this drabble. Time for retaliation.

[cut for space]

Bleh gotta head to school. But I hope I didn't pale in comparison to the BOVICE
xD I go from reading a cliffhanger-y drabble to humor. Bad transition for me lol. I was sitting here with the mind set that you were continuing from CC, but you continued the humor drabble lol.

Another funny installment =) lol @ the blond waitress and Brendan. May seemed to be amused hah~

@Kanta-tan: Ok, just for you, here's the batch for this week. c:

[in the post]

*King's game -it's a party game, but I'm sure you can think of something for Brendan and May. Each round everyone draws a straw. On the end of the straws there's either a number or a red dot. Straws with a number are the loyal subjects while the one straw with the red dot is the king. Remember the king's rule is absolute! So whatever the king orders, the servant must obey...for that one round. xD

**It looks like we missed Orange Day -April 14th, I think. Seems to be another holiday similar to Valentine's Day and White Day... :/

Love triangle? When did this happen?
Thank you Marichi-nee! <3 Kanta shall start right away!

LOL that sounds like a fun game! *imagination already running wild*

Aw. We can make our own holiday though… or a make-up orange day…

Love triangle? *doesn’t know what’s going on*

----

11. private laughter
12. King's game*

Friends and family made a circle. May walked around with straws in her hand and told everyone to draw. Once everyone drew their straws, she looked at the last remaining straw in her hand; a numbered straw, and it was hers. May’s sapphire orbs looked over at her white-haired friend who was chuckling to himself. “I got a red dot!” he exclaimed with a grin from ear to ear.

The other guests surrounded Brendan and bowed—he couldn’t tell if they were doing that politely or sarcastically. Brendan laughed and looked at May; her eyes met with his ruby ones. Brendan winked at May and said, “A king needs a queen…”

Their green-haired friend rolled his eyes. “Ugh. Obviously you’re gonna pick May.” May slightly blushed at Wally’s comment.

Brendan smirked; he had something else in mind. “Before can become my queen, she has to… clean my room!”

May anime-fell. “Brendan Birch, I am NOT cleaning your room!” Despite what she said, May headed up the stairs.

Brendan laughed. “I better go check on her and see if she’s really gonna clean my room. You guys can just do something else while you wait…” Brendan ran up the stairs as well.

“Hey, his room is clean. I wonder why--” May was cut off from her train of thought when she heard the door slam behind her. Brendan was standing in front of the door. “Hey, what’s the meaning of this?”

Brendan smirked. “Wanna play GameCube? I really hate parties; I told my mom to not throw me a birthday party and she did. I really don’t like playing the King’s game either. Though this time I got the red dot, I usually get a number and end up having to deat dirt or some other ridiculous order…”

May laughed. “You send me up here just so we can get away from everyone and play GameCube?”

The boy gazed at his feet. He kicked the carpet a little before mumbling, “May would you want to travel through Kanto with me? I know you don’t want to travel anymore, but really want you to go with me.”

The girl walked over to Brendan and ruffled his hair. “Well, if you went through all of that trouble just to ask me, then I guess I will go,” she said. May laughed again. “Oh yeah, and happy birthday.”

Brendan grinned from ear to ear again. “Thanks May,” he said giving her a hug.

They privately laughed at how silly each other were.

----

Brendan: You're lame.
May: What's the point of that?

): *sniffles* I couldn't really think of anything. D:

Marichi

Ooh... Wow, that's actually really good! Don't worry, I don't think it's messy at all. C: Of course, I'm a terrible artist, so I don't really know what qualifies as "messy"... ^^;; But, I still like it. And I'm sure Kanta will, too, since it's just what she was saying she wanted to see earlier!

(CC's story was here.)
Thanks. c: I hope she likes it too. xD lol Well, when it's contemporary, anything goes! ...

Where did that come from indeed! So this is what you've been hiding all this time. xD It was wonderful, CC. There was a nice flow to it from beginning to end. The length doesn't even bother me -I wanted to know what happen next! ^^ Well done. See? You had nothing to worry about. c:

What I liked about was the internal turmoil Brendan experienced in the beginning -so troubled he was losing sleep! But, aw, did he confess to May earlier and she turned him down? Dx

DS said:
Cody, this piece is absolutely marverlous. Highly detailed, it had be constantly hanging of to the next sentence. I want to find out what happened. I envy this drabble. Time for retaliation.

(DS' story was here.)

Bleh gotta head to school. But I hope I didn't pale in comparison to the BOVICE
oAo;; You're brave... No, it didn't pale in comparison. It was interesting. lol Oh, do I sense a friendly rivalry between you and CC? xD

EDIT: Kanta! You like-y~? Me so happy~!! No worries, you're not asking much from me. I did it because I wanted to do it. c:
Cute drabble~!! xD

Last edited:

Kana

kisses
Holy moley you four (five?) post a lot. Thank you for the comments on my piece, but I'm really too tired/lazy right now to go through ALL of the posts... ^^;;

I did hear about this Hoennshippy Chaos COLLAB between CC and Kanta though! Exciting :D CC, your ideas + Kanta's humor-writing skills will make the story awesome :)

@Kanta-tan: Ok, just for you, here's the batch for this week. c:

11. private laughter
12. King's game*
13. Orange Day**
14. limits
15. telephone booth

Yay! New themies~ ^-^ BTW, the drawing was fantabulous :3 Better than anything I could EVER do on the computer (I suck, seriously.)! Haha, telephone booth. I've never used one of those xD; Private Laughter is the title of one of my favorite BONNIE PINK songs~

CC!!!!~ That was amazing, bro. All that time and effort you put into your piece really paid off!!! c: You wrote Brendan's thoughts flawlessly--you pulled the feelings off without sounding overly cheesilicious (unlike R&J... coughcough). One complaint I have... you tortured Brendan again!!! D:

I should be more like you; scrutinize my work more. I usually just write whatever comes to mind, editing as I write and not bothering to do so afterwards xD;

DS -- You may want to look at the punctuation/spelling more carefully. I don't think "-wink-" is too appropriate in a formal-ish story hmm? Ending was kind of random, but funny overall. ^^

And now for some theme-y goodness...

- - -

limits

Eyes sleep and eyes awaken. Their eyes are both dry; her's clouded and worn and his sparkling in a mixture of anger, guilt, and regret.

He has broken her face, smashed her heart. Her love is scattered over the edge of a cliff, never to mend and never to return. She took his abuse and his cruelty without a word because she thought his feelings were reciprocated. She had no one else. Her suffering would one day make him yield his love, she was sure...

And she was right. He loves her now. He may only love her after she has thrown her love away. He is hurt. He looks at her now, solemnly, pleadingly, but all she can see now is mercilessness. All she can remember is pain. He is hurt, but she is more hurt than he ever will be.

"May..."

She turns her back to him without a word, just as he has done countless times before. She walks away, each step with his agony. His chest aches. He knows to long for her now, but there is no turning back. There will be no return. She would rather have no one else in the world than return to him.

"Good-bye, Brendan."

- - -

EDIT: Gahhh this post took way too long to write!

@Kanta: I liked it c: I need to start writing more fluff like this, too. It was sweet, but not overdone :] Especially the part about Brendan telling May that she must clean his room... xD

@DS: Mmm, ditto to Marichi. New rivals? =O

Last edited:
DS said:
I swear, this very same thing happens every time I write; I type something out, think to myself, "Ew, this is tedious and rushed-looking," and then I show people, and voila! Everyone is all, "Wow, great work, CC!". It's confusing... but I love it all the same. ^^ Thanks! Yours was pretty good, too. I especially like the strong continuity between each drabble.

Kanta said:
That’s too bad. I think I might write one when I find time… That’s funny how all of have May as champion. I bet she kept teasing him. <3 Poor Brendan (again).

Ah, the ones I’ve seen are all franticshipping art or hoennshipping art made into a video. I saw some parody ones too, but those include the other characters from the manga.

Ohh, same here. My posts tend to get too long and I have to post it at an external place and link it back…

:D :D :D KANTA LIKES. Nice-su~ wor-kuuu~ Marichi-nee. <3 xD It looks exactly what I had in mind. His hair is so white and fluffy… +_+ *touches it*
May: No~ Only I can touch!

xD Yes I do indeed like it. It’s not messy at all. Wow, I made Marichi draw a picture and post up challenges lawl. I feel like I’m asking too much from Marichi-nee. :[ *hugs Marichi*

No, it’s not hard to pick up at all! I rather like what you wrote because again—it’s another thing that hasn’t been done before. You are very creative CC! ^^ Kanta is impressed and wants to see more. I could only imagine how Brendan is feeling with his troubled thoughts and how he felt once May answered her phone…

It’s not optimistic at all! It’s just original! <3 It’s short enough to keep interest, and long enough to cover your idea… also the vocabulary is very good. I wish I could write a fic/drabble not using the same words over and over again xD.

Kanta is just sitting here waiting for more because of the cliffhanger haha. P:

): *sniffles* I couldn't really think of anything. D:
I'm pretty sure most of the writers were female, so naturally, they'd make the character they played as the Champion. It's a natural response, I suppose. And yes, she did. XD Poor, poor Brendan...

That's usually what I saw, too. It really is too bad that there's so little (or in Ruby's case, none at all) animated footage of Brendan to use; the videos usually end up having a very static appearance, not to mention they're potential copyright nightmares. xDD I wonder if anyone ever tried to do their own Flash animation or something... ?

I always dreaded that happening. ><;; Thankfully, it seems like it hasn't... yet.

I knew you would! :D Hehe, it really is fluffy, isn't it... ? [reaches toward it]
Brendan: [AHEM!]
Right, sorry. XD

Ah, good! I thought there was some quality that made it messy that only seasoned artists could see; now that I've a second opinion, I can banish that thought from my mind! No, I don't think it's too much... if anything, she seems happy to oblige... of course, we should let her give her opinion on that before assuming.

[bows] I'm really, really happy you liked it. I never really think much of my work (which I'm pretty sure is typical for a lot of artists, but still. xD), and it feels good to know that people enjoy it. That feeling should help motivate me to make more! ^^ I'm also glad to know that I achieved the desired effect with the whole "suspense" angle; I wasn't sure at first how well that would go over.
CC acknowledges Kanta's enjoyment, and will try his best to continue!

It's not [optimistic]? 'Cause I did try to ease up a bit on the unrelenting tone toward the end... bah, who cares? It works, that's all. And, it's apparently original! Thank you again! [hugs] I can't tell you how much of a confidence booster your words have been; maybe I can finally get started on that multi-chapter fic project soon...
I'm glad the length worked out, though I'm a little confused about the vocabulary; you say I didn't use the same words? I felt like I did... but, then again, I already said that I'm my own harshest critic, so that's probably why I thought so. XD

Hopefully, CC can oblige her at some point. ^^

Really? Because if you couldn't think of anything, I'd have thought that there would be no drabble here, and yet there is! I thought it was quite cute, actually, and I didn't see any particular word-overuse. ^^ The end was especially nice. Oh, and I noticed you slipped in some more hair-ruffling. XD Overall, very good!

Marichi-nee said:
Thanks. c: I hope she likes it too. xD lol Well, when it's contemporary, anything goes! ...

Where did that come from indeed! So this is what you've been hiding all this time. xD It was wonderful, CC. There was a nice flow to it from beginning to end. The length doesn't even bother me -I wanted to know what happen next! ^^ Well done. See? You had nothing to worry about. c:

What I liked about was the internal turmoil Brendan experienced in the beginning -so troubled he was losing sleep! But, aw, did he confess to May earlier and she turned him down? Dx

oAo;; You're brave... No, it didn't pale in comparison. It was interesting. lol Oh, do I sense a friendly rivalry between you and CC? xD

EDIT: Kanta! You like-y~? Me so happy~!! No worries, you're not asking much from me. I did it because I wanted to do it. c:
Cute drabble~!! xD
Judging from your words at the bottom of this quote, I trust you saw her very enthusiastic reaction? XD

Y-you really liked it? Oh, thank you so much! I was really hoping you would... I guess you're right; I really didn't have anything to worry about. ^^ And apparently, I really succeeded at the suspense thing. xD I should try to utilise my apparent skill in that area in the future...

I was actually afraid I may have overdone that and made him seem insane, what with the talking to himself and all. ^^;; One more baseless worry, it would seem. Did he? I suppose something like that... I didn't actually think too hard about that part. You know what? Let's say he did; it works! As for whether it'll stay that way... who knows? ;D

Emphasis on the "friendly" part, I'd imagine! xD

I'm glad to hear your enjoying making all this; I am, too. C:

Cherri-Sis said:
Holy moley you four (five?) post a lot. Thank you for the comments on my piece, but I'm really too tired/lazy right now to go through ALL of the posts... ^^;;

I did hear about this Hoennshippy Chaos COLLAB between CC and Kanta though! Exciting CC, your ideas + Kanta's humor-writing skills will make the story awesome

Yay! New themies~ ^-^ BTW, the drawing was fantabulous :3 Better than anything I could EVER do on the computer (I suck, seriously.)!

CC!!!!~ That was amazing, bro. All that time and effort you put into your piece really paid off!!! c: You wrote Brendan's thoughts flawlessly--you pulled the feelings off without sounding overly cheesilicious (unlike R&J... coughcough). One complaint I have... you tortured Brendan again!!! D:

I should be more like you; scrutinize my work more. I usually just write whatever comes to mind, editing as I write and not bothering to do so afterwards xD;
Yeah, we do kinda go a little crazy with that sometimes... ^^;;

Glad to hear you like the idea! I for one am glad to be a part of it.

Yes, more stuff to work on; very good! ^^ Lol, I've never even tried computer art...

Wow, more praise? Okay, I am officially over whatever doubts I had now. =D Thank you very much, Sis! [hug] I'm glad you liked it... even if I did torture him after saying all that stuff about how he needed a break. ^^; But, your new drabble did, too! Still quite well-written, though.

I actually just write what comes to mind, too... it's just that extensive scrutinising just happens to be part of my procedure. XD I literally will not leave a passage in if I think it sounds at all awkward. Whatever the case, just do what works best for you. ^^

Kanta-chan

Thanks. c: I hope she likes it too. xD lol Well, when it's contemporary, anything goes! ... EDIT: Kanta! You like-y~? Me so happy~!! No worries, you're not asking much from me. I did it because I wanted to do it. c:
Cute drabble~!! xD

<3<3<3 Yeah, it's a really good drawing. xD Nice work! I especially love Brendan's expression. Aw, thanks. I tried to put a little bit of your picture in the drabble. :3

Ditto. O: CC does a great job at portraying Brendan's inner feelings. When it comes to Brendan's thoughts and feelings, the best examples (prominent examples) I have seen so far are from Breezy's fics. It's nice to see another side of Brendan through CC's writing. And again, great work CC!

I did hear about this Hoennshippy Chaos COLLAB between CC and Kanta though! Exciting :D CC, your ideas + Kanta's humor-writing skills will make the story awesome :)

One complaint I have... you tortured Brendan again!!! D:

DS -- You may want to look at the punctuation/spelling more carefully. I don't think "-wink-" is too appropriate in a formal-ish story hmm? Ending was kind of random, but funny overall. ^^

[cut for room]

EDIT: Gahhh this post took way too long to write!

@Kanta: I liked it c: I need to start writing more fluff like this, too. It was sweet, but not overdone :] Especially the part about Brendan telling May that she must clean his room... xD
Aha. No problem-o. I wouldn't try re-reading what you've missed anyways since all we did was reply each other lol.

If only everyone would turn in their OC forms... ^^;; *still waiting on the others* I'm starting to revise the teaser/write the first chapter. After that, I need a plot... *looks at CC for ideas* Anyone can contribute an idea if they wish. =)

XD

I do that a lot too. Most of the time, I don't even know what I'm writing. I'm surprised you guys actually like my drabble. It doesn't exactly make sense cuz I was just writing as I go, but oh well...

Like I said, I might try to use some of the humor elements. x_o

D: *crying inside* So open-ended... That's a good drabble; it's so... ouchy. Emotionally that is. Poor Brendan. I dunno why but when I read your drabble I thought of "loving you is causing me to change, and it hurt so bad; it don't feel the same..." from BoA's song. o.o;

xD Now I don't feel as bad (my posts take forever too).

Thanks Chairz. :x I try. I was just being random about the whole room cleaning thing. XD I'm glad you thought it was funny though.

<3<3<3 Yeah, it's a really good drawing. xD Nice work! I especially love Brendan's expression. Aw, thanks. I tried to put a little bit of your picture in the drabble. :3

Ditto. O: CC does a great job at portraying Brendan's inner feelings. When it comes to Brendan's thoughts and feelings, the best examples (prominent examples) I have seen so far are from Breezy's fics. It's nice to see another side of Brendan through CC's writing. And again, great work CC!

If only everyone would turn in their OC forms... ^^;; *still waiting on the others* I'm starting to revise the teaser/write the first chapter. After that, I need a plot... *looks at CC for ideas* Anyone can contribute an idea if they wish. =)

I do that a lot too. Most of the time, I don't even know what I'm writing. I'm surprised you guys actually like my drabble. It doesn't exactly make sense cuz I was just writing as I go, but oh well...

Like I said, I might try to use some of the humor elements. x_o

D: *crying inside* So open-ended... That's a good drabble; it's so... ouchy. Emotionally that is. Poor Brendan. I dunno why but when I read your drabble I thought of "loving you is causing me to change, and it hurt so bad; it don't feel the same..." from BoA's song. o.o;

xD Now I don't feel as bad (my posts take forever too).

Thanks Chairz. :x I try. I was just being random about the whole room cleaning thing. XD I'm glad you thought it was funny though.
I had a feeling you were trying to incorporate that into the story. xD

Wow, you guys really think that? This is quite an honour, really; to be mentioned in the same paragraph as Breezy... I'm quite beside myself, I must say! Thanks again. ^_^ I'm glad to know that my interpretation of him came to life so vividly.

They haven't? Huh... did not know that. I may need a bit of time to think of anything concrete for HC... but once I have, I'll be glad to help! =)

Don't worry, it's actually not that uncommon; I usually only have a few ideas as to what I'm going to write when I start. And it makes sense! Trust me, if it didn't, I'd definitely have pointed it out.

I don't see what's so unpleasant about that; it seems like a good idea!

You really could get a sense of just how emotionally crushing it must've been for him. That said, it's still quite good. ^^ We really are going crazy with the torture, though, huh? XD

I'm probably the worst; I've taken up to an hour on mine. xDD

Sometimes, random works. And this was one of them. ^^

Kana

kisses
But, your new drabble did, too! Still quite well-written, though.

You scouuundrel. Arghhh. ;D And I tortured both Brendan AND May, so it balances out! Besides, I tortured May in most of the drabbles I put on here. xD

*sigh* I need a good laugh right now. Hurry up everyone x__x;

Wow. That lyric kind of fits it entirely ^^ (which song BTW?) And thanks Kant-Kant~ c: But I must ask, why poor Brendan? xD May was hurt pretty badly too :c Maybe I should make him more obviously abusive next time...

Awww, why 'Chairz' xD Me prefers Cherz.

It's random humor like that that gets to me. I'm weird in that way...

EDIT: CC beat me. T_T

My Dear Big Brother... said:
You really could get a sense of just how emotionally crushing it must've been for him. That said, it's still quite good. ^^ We really are going crazy with the torture, though, huh? XD

*points to reply to Kant-Kant*

BTW, I'll contribute an idea to HC if I can think of something funny. Or if something funny comes to me. :D

Last edited:
You scouuundrel. Arghhh. ;D And I tortured both Brendan AND May, so it balances out! Besides, I tortured May in most of the drabbles I put on here. xD

Wow. That lyric kind of fits it entirely ^^ (which song BTW?) And thanks Kant-Kant~ c: But I must ask, why poor Brendan? xD May was hurt pretty badly too :c Maybe I should make him more obviously abusive next time...

BTW, I'll contribute an idea to HC if I can think of something funny. Or if something funny comes to me. :D
I noticed, I noticed! It's just that with May, it hasn't been as much of a widely-practiced trend. xP You have, haven't you? I should take a note to do the same to her next time...

>_>;; Hey, you want it done fast or do you want it done right?

Uh, that won't be necessary! The idea of a truly mean Brendan kinda breaks my brain. xD Perhaps I should have pointed out that I noticed May's suffering earlier? ^^;;

Yay, I won! XD Nah, don't worry, your remarks on the subject are appreciated, too.

I get it now. ^^

Go right on ahead! All support is appreciated. :D

Kanta-chan

I hope no one beats me in posting lol… *can’t be bothered to edit* D:

CC said:
I had a feeling you were trying to incorporate that into the story. xD

Wow, you guys really think that? This is quite an honour, really; to be mentioned in the same paragraph as Breezy... I'm quite beside myself, I must say! Thanks again. ^_^ I'm glad to know that my interpretation of him came to life so vividly.

They haven't? Huh... did not know that. I may need a bit of time to think of anything concrete for HC... but once I have, I'll be glad to help! =)

Don't worry, it's actually not that uncommon; I usually only have a few ideas as to what I'm going to write when I start. And it makes sense! Trust me, if it didn't, I'd definitely have pointed it out.

I don't see what's so unpleasant about that; it seems like a good idea! Sometimes, random works. And this was one of them. ^^

I'm probably the worst; I've taken up to an hour on mine. xDD
XD At least you noticed.

<3 We were wondering what kind of work you were holding back; now we know. ;D

Right now I’m thinking about a comedy/slice of life style story. I hope it’s not considered an RP because my first installment of HC got closed because it was labeled that. I don’t really want long story… just something light/humorous.

Aw, why thank you. ^^ Nonsense, your ideas are good, even if you only have a few.

I’m afraid that my humor might seem too… forced. So far, it doesn’t seem so since y’all like my (use of) humor. xD Or I might become random and throw something in that doesn’t make sense. Ah…

I always end up sympathizing for poor Brendan… but then again we pick on Brendan a lot. *looks at May* I’m working on trying to pick on her. *points at recent drabble* ^^;

Dang. xD That’s a long time.

Awww, why 'Chairz' xD Me prefers Cherz.

xD Good for you! *is working on trying to pick on May more*

D: Where is everyone. They seemed to have poof over the past week...

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm used to sympathizing with Brendan. *sweat-drop* But don't worry, I feel bad for May too! It's just not as obvious for me to show it. ._.

"I Did it For Love" P: I had hurt myself over loving you...

Ahaha, "KantKant." I used that as a gaming name once... I like calling you Chairz. ):

Humor is good. :) If you want to contribute, you're more than welcomed too. Right now it's kinda early cuz I'm still waiting on OCs, but if you have a random idea... :)

I hope no one beats me in posting lol… *can’t be bothered to edit* D:

XD At least you noticed.

<3 We were wondering what kind of work you were holding back; now we know. ;D

Right now I’m thinking about a comedy/slice of life style story. I hope it’s not considered an RP because my first installment of HC got closed because it was labeled that. I don’t really want long story… just something light/humorous.

Aw, why thank you. ^^ Nonsense, your ideas are good, even if you only have a few.

I’m afraid that my humor might seem too… forced. So far, it doesn’t seem so since y’all like my (use of) humor. xD Or I might become random and throw something in that doesn’t make sense. Ah…

I always end up sympathizing for poor Brendan… but then again we pick on Brendan a lot. *looks at May* I’m working on trying to pick on her. *points at recent drabble* ^^;

Dang. xD That’s a long time.

xD Good for you! *is working on trying to pick on May more*

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm used to sympathizing with Brendan. *sweat-drop* But don't worry, I feel bad for May too! It's just not as obvious for me to show it. ._.

Humor is good. :) If you want to contribute, you're more than welcomed too. Right now it's kinda early cuz I'm still waiting on OCs, but if you have a random idea... :)
One would hope they don't. ^^;;

Lol, I pay attention to detail. XD

And I'm all the more happier for it! <3 Although, to be honest, I didn't initially have drama in mind... but, since I'm apparently good at, hooray! xD What I'd really like to do is write an epic action/adventure story... I wonder how that'd turn out?

"Comedy/slice of life", you say? Hm... that could be a challenge for me. Luckily, though, it's one I'm willing to take! I think I remember hearing that that was why the old HC closed... how would we avoid that next time? Hopefully, sticking to your light/humourous approach will help.

You're welcome. ^^ And thanks again! I suppose that if I'm only going to have a few ideas, they should be good ones, hm?

Really? I always thought I would be the one with that problem, given how severe I am most of the time... XD Nah, I don't really see it as forced. And besides, sometimes the joke hinges on the randomness itself.

It's the same with me. ^^;; I need to come up with ideas for picking on her, too... perhaps my next drabble can incorporate it.

Well, to be fair to myself, most of the times it took that long, I was doing like three other things at the same time. xDD

I'm glad some people are! xD

Yeah, I was wondering about that, too... where could they be? D:

That's about how I feel about the matter, too. ^^;;

... Right, right, what she said! We're always open to suggestions.

Breezy

Kanta said:
You lot scared them all. XP Bribe them back with cookies. Or samples of Brendan's hair.

Yeah, that's not creepy at all. :3

I love reading all your drabbles, guys. Very cute and fun. And kind of depressing. I love all the variety, really, lol. I kind of want to attempt one, but eh. Lol.

Marichi said:
11. private laughter
12. King's game*
13. Orange Day**
14. limits
15. telephone booth
Are these the themes you base your drabbles on (again, can't be eff to quote/read everything haha)?

You lot scared them all. XP Bribe them back with cookies. Or samples of Brendan's hair.

Yeah, that's not creepy at all. :3

I love reading all your drabbles, guys. Very cute and fun. And kind of depressing. I love all the variety, really, lol. I kind of want to attempt one, but eh. Lol.

Are these the themes you base your drabbles on (again, can't be eff to quote/read everything haha)?
Really? Hm... we should get some of both! I know I'd come back if such prizes were offered!

"Creepy" is relative. xD

Why, thank you! Coming from someone of your standing, that's very high praise. ^^ Variety is one of the cornerstones of good writing, so we try our best in that regard. You do? Well, if you ever get the urge, feel free. Or not, as you seemed to indicate. XD

Yes, they are. No need to worry; it's rather easy for stuff to get lost in the torrent of posts we make...

Marichi

I swear, this very same thing happens every time I write; I type something out, think to myself, "Ew, this is tedious and rushed-looking," and then I show people, and voila! Everyone is all, "Wow, great work, CC!". It's confusing... but I love it all the same. ^^

Ah, good! I thought there was some quality that made it messy that only seasoned artists could see; now that I've a second opinion, I can banish that thought from my mind! No, I don't think it's too much... if anything, she seems happy to oblige... of course, we should let her give her opinion on that before assuming.
Fufufu~ Well, I could be merciless if you want me to. ;D j/k As if I could do something like that to you. I'm here to support you, not destroy you. =3=

Lol! Careful, now. It's quite dangerous to assume and take things for granted. You guys are just so terribly awful to me I could cry! j/k xD Nah, it doesn't bother me at the very least. C:

cc-tama said:
Y-you really liked it? Oh, thank you so much! I was really hoping you would... I guess you're right; I really didn't have anything to worry about. ^^ And apparently, I really succeeded at the suspense thing. xD I should try to utilise my apparent skill in that area in the future...

I was actually afraid I may have overdone that and made him seem insane, what with the talking to himself and all. ^^;; One more baseless worry, it would seem. Did he? I suppose something like that... I didn't actually think too hard about that part. You know what? Let's say he did; it works! As for whether it'll stay that way... who knows? ;D
lol You're welcome. I wasn't lying when I said that; I meant every word. You've been so hard on your writing all these years that you took all of us by surprise when you finally did show us.
Haha, similar to Kanta's earlier drabbles, it had the DUNDUNDUN kind of ending. xD

No, he didn't seem insane just agitated. I'll be honest, at first glance, there were some parts of the monologue I could go without, but after reading it again, it just sort of grew on me. ^^; Just before the dundundun ending, I feel that there's still room for more suspense when Brendan's waiting for May to pick up. (Aha, as if the suspense wasn't killing him enough already.) Pick up; don't pick up. I want to tell you something, but maybe if it's better left unsaid. Those internal contradictions adds to the climax of May finally picking up.

Oi, oi! These were just suggestions. You don't have to take settle with any of them. xD If he was just thinking of what May could say, that's one thing, but if he did confess earlier, then I think the call could have a whole completely different meaning. Aa... depends on how you look at it. Maybe I'm just thinking too hard...again. =3=;;

*hug* The idea was all you, mon amie!

*guilty as charged* ==;; ... oc? I don't think I even have one anymore... or did you just want to put ourselves on the form?

Yay! New themies~ ^-^ BTW, the drawing was fantabulous :3 Better than anything I could EVER do on the computer (I suck, seriously.)! Haha, telephone booth. I've never used one of those xD; Private Laughter is the title of one of my favorite BONNIE PINK songs~

(Cherz's drabble was here.)
Thank you! *w*
Well! That just so happens to be where I got the theme! It's such a nice song... a little sad, but still nice.

NOOOOO! Wrrryyyy?!!!! *sob* My worst fear of Brendan becoming abusive came true right there and then. Gosh, that was depressing. This doesn't seem very hoennshipping. Well, I'm glad May has the courage to walk away from an unhealthy relationship.
I must say, Cherry. If you can write something this powerful enough to get me in knots, you're gooood~

EDIT:
@Breezy- Yes, those are the themes for your enjoyment to use. I'll give you the complete list here:

1. waiting for the rain to stop
2. whisper sweet nothings
3. 2nd button
4. can't say it in words
5. masquerade ball
6. earrings
7. secret message
8. a dream, a promise
9. catch a drop of tear
"I hate and I love
well, why do I, you probably ask
I don't know, but I know it's happening
and it hurts."
-C. Valerius Catullus
11. private laughter
12. King's game*
13. Orange Day**
14. limits
15. telephone booth

*King's game -it's a party game, but I'm sure you can think of something for Brendan and May. Each round everyone draws a straw. On the end of the straws there's either a number or a red dot. Straws with a number are the loyal subjects while the one straw with the red dot is the king. No one knows who has what number until the king gives the order. Remember the king's rule is absolute! So whatever the king orders, the servant must obey...for that one round. xD

**It looks like we missed Orange Day -April 14th, I think. Seems to be another holiday similar to Valentine's Day and White Day...

As for the disappearance of people, I'd imagine it would have to do with exams... *should be studying too...*

Last edited:
Fufufu~ Well, I could be merciless if you want me to. ;D j/k As if I could do something like that to you. I'm here to support you, not destroy you. =3=

Lol! Careful, now. It's quite dangerous to assume and take things for granted. You guys are just so terribly awful to me I could cry! j/k xD Nah, it doesn't bother me at the very least. C:

lol You're welcome. I wasn't lying when I said that; I meant every word. You've been so hard on your writing all these years that you took all of us by surprise.
Haha, similar to Kanta's earlier drabbles, it had the DUNDUNDUN kind of ending. xD

No, he didn't seem insane just agitated. I'll be honest, at first glance, there were some parts of the monologue I could go without, but after reading it again, it just sort of grew on me. ^^; Just before the dundundun ending, I feel that there's still room for more suspense when Brendan's waiting for May to pick up. (Aha, as if the suspense wasn't killing him enough already.) Pick up; don't pick up. I want to tell you something, but maybe if it's better left unsaid. Those internal contradictions adds to the climax of May finally picking up.

Oi, oi! These were just suggestions. You don't have to take settle with any of them. xD If he was just thinking of what May could say, that's one thing, but if he did confess earlier, then I think the call could have a whole completely different meaning. Aa... depends on how you look at it. Maybe I'm just thinking too hard...again. =3=;;

*guilty as charged* ==;; ... oc? I don't think I even have one anymore... or did you just want to put ourselves on the form?

Thank you! *w*
Well! That just so happens to be where I got the theme! It's such a nice song... a little sad, but still nice.

NOOOOO! Wrrryyyy?!!!! *sob* My worst fear of Brendan becoming abusive came true right there and then. Gosh, that was depressing. This doesn't seem very hoennshipping. Well, I'm glad May has the courage to walk away from an unhealthy relationship.
I must say, Cherry. If you can write this powerful to get me in knots, you're gooood~

As for the disappearance of people, I'd imagine it would have to do with exams... *should be studying too...*
No, no, that's not necessary! I do enough of that to myself! XD j/k Yes, and I'm very thankful for that support. C:

Hey, hey, at least I suggested we wait for your answer! xDD I'm glad you're okay with it, though. I (and I imagine the rest of us) would never want to do anything that does bother you. ^^

Thanks. Once more, I'm glad you did. I do write primarily for the sake of my personal vision, but it does make me happy when other people enjoy said vision. And yes, I can see how my writing could come as a surprise after my long history of self-deprecating commentary.
Hey, now that you mention it, I notice the similarity, too! xD

Ah, I see... very insightful commentary! I may fool around with the story later and see how well inserting something like that works. And, once again, it seems like my suspense writing is quite effective; I'm definitely going to see what else I can think of in that area...

Oh, no, I understand! Your suggestions are appreciated either way. =) I did kinda imagine him as having confessed at an earlier date, but I didn't really go into much more detail than that... Whatever the case, don't worry; you're not thinking too hard. ^^

From my understanding, it's meant to be a slightly embellished version of you, made to fit into the Pokemon universe... but, it's really your call. ^^;

More music, hm? Gotta look that up sometime...

[shudders] Eek, that kind of thought bothers me, too... drama's quite okay with me, but I never cared for out-and-out depressing, especially if it's the kind of situation you're describing...
She is, isn't she? Makes her big brother proud, she does. ^^

Eh... good point... [should also be working]

EDIT: Er, if Kanta reads this post, I happened to noticed this in the "Rules" thread of the Shipping Fics Board: "-----2.9) Group projects are allowed, which means there can be more than one author and such." Does this mean we would be all clear if we tried HC again?

Last edited:

Breezy

Ooh, interesting topics. Ima try one, if you guys don't mind. ;P Mind you, I don't think I'm good at drabbles (like CC, I'm more of a one-shot, chaptered fic person), so it might be ... crappy.

1) waiting in the rain
15) telephone booth

~​

Brendan hated the rain. He hated waiting in it, anyway, especially at night. The rain was too heavy for his pokemon to fly through, though, so thus he sat, cold and wet on a paint-chipped bench that barel
PHP:
y protected him from the slanted drops. At least it was peaceful, the beating on the tin roof slowly lulling him to sleep. Something inside his pocket buzzed, though, jolting him out of his slumber. With a grumble, his numb fingers pulled out his pokenav, looking at the screen to see who dared called him. Unknown number.

Shrugging, the boy answered the call and muttered, “Hello?”

“Hi, Brendan,” replied the person, a voice Brendan didn't recognize. It was a girl, obviously (who else besides girls would call this handsome beast after all?), but her tone was low, like she was trying to disguise it.

“Uh ... Who is this?”

The voice hesitated. “... A secret admirer.”

A small smile crept onto Brendan's face. “Really now? And who is my secret admirer?”

“It wouldn't be much of a secret if I told you that.”

“Touche.”

The voice continued to speak in a fluster of words. Brendan could tell that whoever was on the other end of the line was nervous. “One day maybe I'll tell you who I am ... But until then, I really do like you, B Bo ... Brendan.”

He swear he heard the voice call him by the pet name May called him, but before he could respond, the voice hung up. Scratching his head in confusion, Brendan pocketed the device and leaned back. There seemed to be a break in the rain, the silver rays of moonlight tentatively stepping onto the wet earth. It was better now than never to leave before the rain started pouring again.

Getting up, Brendan walked into the open air and would have continued his path forward if not for some rude girl that knocked the door of a telephone booth into his back. Turning around with a glare on his face, Brendan's face immediately lightened up when he noticed it was May that stepped out of the booth.

“May? I was going to fly back to meet you back in Fortree. What are you doing here?”

May, flustered, rubbed the back of her head nervously. “Oh ... Just wanted to get some shopping done.” She nudged her head in the direction of Lilycove's department store. “Then it started to rain, and I didn't want to walk all the way back there, so I wanted to call you to see if you were here so you could fly us back, and I left my pokenav back in the secret base, so I had to use the pay phone and –”

Brendan hushed her by wrapping his arm around her shoulder. “You talk too much. Let's go home.”

The two proceeded to walk forward. Brendan mentioned nothing about the mysterious secret admirer that called him ...

... Or the pokenav clipped to May's fanny pack.

~​

Longer than what a drabble should be, but eh. Lol. =P

Edit:
EDIT: Er, if Kanta reads this post, I happened to noticed this in the "Rules" thread of the Shipping Fics Board: "-----2.9) Group projects are allowed, which means there can be more than one author and such." Does this mean we would be all clear if we tried HC again?
As long as you write who you're co-authoring with and don't ask for submissions/chapters from readers that are not regular authors of your story, you should be fine. Like, don't make it role-play-ey like.

Last edited:

Marichi

Glad to have you join in on the fun, Breezy. C:
It was a girl, obviously (who else besides girls would call this handsome beast after all?), but her tone was low, like she was trying to disguise it.
ROFL! I don't know which is more funny -Brendan being the sexy handsome beast he is, or May's love confession in such a low voice. xD

Aw, that was sweet and cute, Breezy. No worries about the story length; it's perfectly fine as it is. Besides, I'm surprised no one has noticed it yet, but there really isn't any "rule" that it had to be drabble length. xD

@Breezy: Ah, so you did decide to write something! And something pretty good, too. The premise is interesting, the thought of just what May's "disguised" voice sounded like is hilarious (xD), and overall, it's quite cute. ^^ And like Marichi said, length is of no concern (which is a good thing for you and me, as it would seem!). Oh, and while it may not seem like much, I like how it takes place in a recognisable game location rather than in Ambiguous Land like the rest of our writings. XD It makes me want to make an effort to write something more visibly Pokemon-ish next time...

@Marichi: I couldn't help but snicker at that "handsome beast" comment. xDD

Sounds like you enjoyed about the same parts of it as I did. ^^ And I'm glad to hear about the length thing; any future stuff I produce is bound to be of wildly variable length...

Dark Sentry

Kenta gud trainer
http://serebiiforums.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=387257
Hall Breezer : Great lil drabbb. Reminds me of spending weeks trying to catch that damn Feebas. Didn't ol B Boy have one in HLBMA? It's been too long since I have read it thoroughly.

Kanabanana - Well tbh, I was in a hurry to get to school. I didn't want it to end right there, but if you bear with I shall get around to the add-on. And my grammar skills are not that bad, I shouldn't have hurried. :(]

First off, I am really thinking about giving this story it's own thread, it's becoming a one shot, but for the time being, I'll post it hear in sections to get it checked and maybe get some ideas, of course accrediting the idea person.
DRabble Dabble~!@%~!@#

-----
The waitress walked behind the counter, and began to crack a few eggs to prepare the three skippers their meal. Joe began listening to his iPod again, tuning out of the world for a short while. He looked up noticing it was only 8:40, but the sky had turned into a bleak gray tint, and in the distance he could see some distant lightning, but it was a good 20 miles off. May had been organizing her purse, separating her packs of gum from containers of lipstick and other facial docter-ups. Brendan was lost in a book he was reading, Deliver Us From Evil.

To the right, was an old jukebox. The usual for a Waffle House. May was hurrying up with her tidying and started to search for a few quarter dollars. Brendan noticed her picking out dimes and nickles, and spoke up, asking her what she was in search of.

"Hey May, you loose something?"

"No..No I just wanted to find a few quarters and listen to a little music from the jukebox."

"Well, hey I have a few, why don't we go over there and pick some songs out. I got four, two songs each sounds fair right?"

"Yes! I'll be so grateful, let's go!" she dashed over to the machine, fifty cents in hand. Brendan slowly rose from the chair and proceeded to the jukebox, grinning as May pressed her face upon the glass covering the track list. She looks like a little child he thought to himself.

Joe was back at the table, eying the beverages the country waitress had brought. A coke, a coffee, and a water. He got right down to the caffine brew, he needed a good taste in his mouth. He looked towards the right, seeing the two friends browsing a music menu. Joe debated on rather to call them to the table, or let them have a little fun. He felt around his pocket, and his finger tips came across a single quarter. He knew what song to pick before they departed.

"Let's see... I like Maniac... who's that one by, Brendan?" spoke the brunette lassie.

"Umm... Michael Sembello.... You like 80's music?"

"I like all music! Should I pick that one?"

"It's a little early for a dance mix, but if you want to I don't see why not."

Dark Sentry

Kenta gud trainer
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@serebiiforums.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.2.6 Server at serebiiforums.com Port 80

Something seems seriously wrong with the forums today... first, hours and hours without posts, then ominous whispers about server problems... it's all quite troubling, but I'm not sure what to think.

@DS: Nice to see you continuing your drabble series. ^^ And, as usual, it's quite entertaining! That error message is seriously bothering me, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.