• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoennshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sequoia

Rawr 3 pages worth of quotes.. summarised. :3

@Chairz: I am SO not the peacekeeper. I'm the one that requires the peacekeeper. XD
Your drabble is hilarious. XD "For my WIFE".
@Marichineesy: :3 I LOVE LOVE LOVE your 7 and 8! It's such an awesome idea.. now I wanna write stuff on my shoes too. (I have Jane is awesome on one of them.. oh no. :eek:)
@CCTV: You're not reeeeeally a guy, when you think about it... jokes! JOKES! >D (I've actually only read the Eureka 7 manga..)
Nice work on your drabble. :D I like how Brendan can't sleep because he's thinking too hard, lol. Torture torture~ 8D
@Kanta: I think black hair is thought of as sleek, rather than fluffy. -pats Brendan's head- :D I'll draw fluffy hair when I have time~
@Breezy: Oh, B-boy that handsome beast. <3 I love the bit at the end. XD

Dudes, you gotta start making Brendan and May torture each other at the same time. >D That would be mad.

Rawr 3 pages worth of quotes.. summarised. :3

@Chairz: I am SO not the peacekeeper. I'm the one that requires the peacekeeper. XD
@Marichineesy: :3 I LOVE LOVE LOVE your 7 and 8! It's such an awesome idea.. now I wanna write stuff on my shoes too. (I have Jane is awesome on one of them.. oh no. :eek:)
@CCTV: You're not reeeeeally a guy, when you think about it... jokes! JOKES! >D (I've actually only read the Eureka 7 manga..)
Nice work on your drabble. :D I like how Brendan can't sleep because he's thinking too hard, lol. Torture torture~ 8D
@Kanta: I think black hair is thought of as sleek, rather than fluffy. -pats Brendan's head- :D I'll draw fluffy hair when I have time~
@Breezy: Oh, B-boy that handsome beast. <3 I love the bit at the end. XD

Dudes, you gotta start making Brendan and May torture each other at the same time. >D That would be mad.
Very well put, Sis. XD
I liked that part, too. ^^

It was cool when I first read it, but I don't think I completely grasped the awesomeness of the idea until you pointed it out. xDD Now, if only my shoes weren't too dark for messages to show up on them...

Yeah, yeah, "jokes", indeed... [hmph!] Really? The show's better. =P
Thank you! ^^ Lol, "torture"... we're character sadists, aren't we? xDD

I would agree with that. It's really the white version that "fluffy" makes sense for. [nods] You will? Oh, good! Draw away as soon as you have time~

I think we all did. XD

Kanta-chan

@ Marichi: I got your OC. <3
@ CC: Okay then... I guess you and me can work on HC whenever the other OCs are in/when we have time. :D
@ Breezy: Aha, nice drabble. Short and sweet. :) Brendan is so arrogant, and yet such a sweetie to May. :3
@ Seq: Yeah I think the same when I see him with black hair; kinda like those hair commercial where the hair is shiny.
@ DS: I dunno what's wrong with your posting. o.o I can't help.. D:

----

I apologize in advance for my over-usage of pronouns. I just didn't feel like using their names, nor do I feel like describing them lol. It's just a tiny drabble.

14. limits

They were already having problems now, and the sad thing is she knows in end, they won’t even stay together.

She was stupid though; it was her own selfish thinking—she didn’t even consider his feelings. She pushed him to the corner; he didn’t expect a long-term commitment… but she still wants one.

He told her no.

She wanted them to be the perfect “high school sweetheart” couple, the kind of couple that ends up marrying each other, the kind of happy couple that stay together until death.

He said it wasn’t possible.

Tears fell down her smooth, porcelain face. She wanted that so bad. She wanted to be with him forever; she wanted them to have a happy ending.

He shook his head. He told her better end it now than later. Besides, if they prolong the relationship, they will both get hurt in the end.

She can’t accept that; she can’t see him leaving her alone in the cruel world. “Why can’t we be together? We can make it work,” she cried to him.

“I just won’t work. You’re going to coordinating school in Lilycove. I’m going to school near Littleroot--”

“Love has no distance.”

“But it has limits,” he told her painfully.

*sweat-drop* Not done. I wrote this for myself lol. I saw too many of these kinds of conversations at school. =/ Couples at school are going through problems because we're all gonna graduate soon and not all the couples are going to the same school, which is kinda sad for them. :X I tried to depict this through Brendan and May's conversation, but it ended up as crap. >_o

@ Marichi: I got your OC. <3
@ CC: Okay then... I guess you and me can work on HC whenever the other OCs are in/when we have time. :D
@ Breezy: Aha, nice drabble. Short and sweet. :) Brendan is so arrogant, and yet such a sweetie to May. :3
@ Seq: Yeah I think the same when I see him with black hair; kinda like those hair commercial where the hair is shiny.
@ DS: I dunno what's wrong with your posting. o.o I can't help.. D:

I apologize in advance for my over-usage of pronouns. I just didn't feel like using their names, nor do I feel like describing them lol. It's just a tiny drabble.

[drabble goes here]

*sweat-drop* Not done. I wrote this for myself lol. I saw too many of these kinds of conversations at school. =/ Couples at school are going through problems because we're all gonna graduate soon and not all the couples are going to the same school, which is kinda sad for them. :X I tried to depict this through Brendan and May's conversation, but it ended up as crap. >_o
Good, good! More progress. :D
I will be looking forward to it!
Hehe, I thought the same thing. ^^
I know exactly what you two mean... and, now, I can't seem to get this image of Ruby in an actual shampoo commercial out of my head. xDD
I'm confused about that, too... I wish I could help. D:

Oh, no, it's not a problem. I actually tried the same thing with my piece from the other day, although in my case, I was attempting to invoke a minimalistic feel. Either way, it doesn't detract too much.

It's a nice drabble, as usual. But, I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of familiarity at Brendan and May's situation... [sniff] Don't worry about it, though, it's nothing, really...

[ahem] All other matters aside, there's not need to worry; it's certainly not crap. xD Dialogue is a bit overly melodramatic at times, but being a drabble, it's not affected too much.

Marichi

Oh, sppf and internet... how you lag at this hour~ xD

@CC: Doesn't even have to be limited to drabbles too. You can use these themes for other things like fan art, amv, and... whatever you want. ^^; It's all about choices. :3

@DS: It probably wouldn't hurt to put it in its own thread. Have you thought of putting it up @ff.net too? It'll probably get more exposure, and I'm sure there will be a number of people who will enjoy it as well. c:

@Seq: lulz, glad you liked it. I was a bit surprised to see that there was a book on stuff like that -write your goals on the sole of your shoes, a wishing tree, money stones, ect. ^^; Hey, what are talking about? You already ARE awesome! xD

Make them torture each other? That sounds like a punishment game of some sort. lol

@Kanta: Oh good! I've been having problems with my PM so I wasn't even sure if it went through. Feel free to change anything in order to fit your story.
Aw, so sad... so far. It's not crap! It's slice of life! I'm still hanging on to that single thread of hope that things will work out in the end... even if it takes place years from "now". xD

Daaah, I've thought of more themes! But I'll save those for next week. The next batch should hopefully be better. :3

So aside from the theme challenges, do we still have a main topic?

We can save this for another time, so you can completely ignore this silly poll. Just what sort of relationship do you prefer Brendan and May have?
- love/hate
- too blind/naive to even realize they love each other
- a little more than brother and sister relationship
- quiet love or secret love
- lovey-dovey, walk in the park, pretzel arm
- rival/motivation
- chivalry
- other (please specify)

@CC: Doesn't even have to be limited to drabbles too. You can use these themes for other things like fan art, amv, and... whatever you want. ^^; It's all about choices. :3

@Seq: lulz, glad you liked it. I was a bit surprised to see that there was a book on stuff like that -write your goals on the sole of your shoes, a wishing tree, money stones, ect. ^^; Hey, what are talking about? You already ARE awesome! xD

Make them torture each other? That sounds like a punishment game of some sort. lol

@Kanta: Oh good! I've been having problems with my PM so I wasn't even sure if it went through. Feel free to change anything in order to fit your story.
Aw, so sad... so far. It's not crap! It's slice of life! I'm still hanging on to that single thread of hope that things will work out in the end... even if it takes place years from "now". xD

Daaah, I've thought of more themes! But I'll save those for next week. The next batch should hopefully be better. :3

We can save this for another time, so you can completely ignore this silly poll. Just what sort of relationship do you prefer Brendan and May have?
- love/hate
- rival/motivation
- chivalry
- other (please specify)
I believe we're all too familiar with that by this point. xD

Unfortunately, I can really only write. ^^;; But, it's still good to know I have the freedom!

A whole book? I never even imagined something like that...
I'm sure Sis will be quite happy to know you think that way. C:

Wait, how can punishment be a game? Unless maybe, they're into-- you know what? I'm not finishing that sentence; the implications are too disturbing. xDD

Your PM's were messed up, too? Makes me wonder if anything else was malfunctioning at the time... at any rate, I'm glad Kanta and I are one step closer to having everything we need. =D
That's what I was saying; far from crap, really. And yes, I too, hold that same hope... [sighs melodramatically]

Whatever works! I honestly haven't even tried the current ones, anyway... ^^;

Oh, I'll definitely answer this; I always love sharing my ideas about what the two of them and their relationship would be like.

Hmm... honestly, I'm not sure if I could confine it to one category. I would imagine them starting sorta brother/sister-like (I believe I mentioned at one point the idea of them being so accustomed to each other that when one realises their deeper feelings for the other, it throws the whole dynamic of their relationship for a loop), mostly blind/naive toward the idea of being anything more. Then, it would progress to "secret" love as one or both of them tries to conceal their feelings and keep their friendship intact. Post-confession, their relationship would probably be of the quiet variety, mostly staying low-key in public, and reserving displays of affection for when they're alone.

Over-detailed, yes, but it certainly does paint a picture, hm?

Kanta-chan

Sumner Sturgeon said:
Good, good! More progress. :D
I will be looking forward to it!
Hehe, I thought the same thing. ^^
I know exactly what you two mean... and, now, I can't seem to get this image of Ruby in an actual shampoo commercial out of my head. xDD
I'm confused about that, too... I wish I could help. D:

Oh, no, it's not a problem. I actually tried the same thing with my piece from the other day, although in my case, I was attempting to invoke a minimalist feel. Either way, it doesn't detract too much.

It's a nice drabble, as usual. But, I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of familiarity at Brendan and May's situation... [sniff] Don't worry about it, though, it's nothing, really...

[ahem] All other matters aside, there's not need to worry; it's certainly not crap. xD Dialogue is a bit overly melodramatic at times, but being a drabble, it's not affected too much.
XD Maybe we can put Ruby in a commercial on TV in HC . . . *lightbulb* . . . >=) . . .

Ohh, I didn’t notice it in your drabble though. O: You used their names so I didn’t think that you were trying to be minimalist. At least you got the point. ^^

D: I’m sorry CC; I didn’t mean to incite sad memories for you. >_<

Ah, I was trying to pick on May. Brendan is doing what’s best but poor May can’t see that. >:

Marichi said:

@DS: It probably wouldn't hurt to put it in its own thread. Have you thought of putting it up @ff.net too? It'll probably get more exposure, and I'm sure there will be a number of people who will enjoy it as well. c:

D: So annoying . . . *punches SPPf* Load you!

Really? Sadly I can’t make videos, nor do I have the ability to draw. *sigh* I guess it’s just gonna be writing from themes for me. ^^;

Yes, make it into a story somewhere. :X

Brendan and May are sitting on a park bench. Brendan decides to be funny and tries to tickle May’s waist. He pinches her by accident instead and doesn’t realize it. “Ow!” May cries in pain as she pinches Brendan’s forearm.

“Hey what was that for?” Brendan didn’t think what he did (he thought he tickled her) to May was wrong. For revenge, he nabs her wrist as May yelps again.

She got him back by pinching his thigh this time, and the whole process continued for about another minute. It ended when May huffed, got up from the bench, and walked away with a frown pasted on her face.

“Aw. May come baaack,” Brendan whines, as he went after her.

I tried. c: Since we’re on the discussion about torturing apparently . . .

Don’t worry, I got it. I shall make your OC fit to the story as best as I can. You OC is in good hands ^^ (I sound like I’m running a daycare lawl).

Thanks! I try to make things slice of life-y because I enjoy reading those kinds of writing all the time. I’m glad you noticed. :D Oh haha~ the whole point of wondering if Brendan and May will end up together/the process of them getting together is what makes their relationship/shipping fun. <3

I think your poll is the current topic now. :eek:

CC Chips said:
Unfortunately, I can really only write. ^^;; But, it's still good to know I have the freedom!

Wait, how can punishment be a game? Unless maybe, they're into-- you know what? I'm not finishing that sentence; the implications are too disturbing. xDD

Your PM's were messed up, too? Makes me wonder if anything else was malfunctioning at the time... at any rate, I'm glad Kanta and I are one step closer to having everything we need. =D
That's what I was saying; far from crap, really. And yes, I too, hold that same hope... [sighs melodramatically]

Oh, I'll definitely answer this; I always love sharing my ideas about what the two of them and their relationship would be like.
That’s what I said too! C: Writing is fun though.

*innocent mind* Instead of them torturing each other for a game, maybe it’s for revenge. xD *points at mini-drabble* Kinda slice-of-life-y again . . .

My PMs seem to be fine. I wonder what’s wrong with you guys’ . . .
Yush HC is slowly coming sometime to a shipping fic thread near you! xD; *corny*

Aw don’t be so sad/melodramatic. :3 They will end up together with us here and with hope~ *corny again*

O: You should! You are good at writing.

*points at her response* I have none. D: *can’t think*

CC-kun said:
Marichi-nee said:
- love/hate
- rival/motivation
- chivalry
- other (please specify)

Hmm... honestly, I'm not sure if I could confine it to one category. I would imagine them starting sorta brother/sister-like (I believe I mentioned at one point the idea of them being so accustomed to each other that when one realises their deeper feelings for the other, it throws the whole dynamic of their relationship for a loop), mostly blind/naive toward the idea of being anything more. Then, it would progress to "secret" love as one or both of them tries to conceal their feelings and keep their friendship intact. Post-confession, their relationship would probably be of the quiet variety, mostly staying low-key in public, and reserving displays of affection for when they're alone.

More than a detailed picture! I have no response now! xD
D: You totally owned in your answer. I dunno if I can answer the topic now. You totally convinced me of how their relationship will be . . .

EDIT: I totally wanna write drabbles based on your ideas CC.

Last edited:
XD Maybe we can put Ruby in a commercial on TV in HC . . . *lightbulb* . . . >=) . . .

Ohh, I didn’t notice it in your drabble though. O: You used their names so I didn’t think that you were trying to be minimalist. At least you got the point. ^^

D: I’m sorry CC; I didn’t mean to incite sad memories for you. >_<

Ah, I was trying to pick on May. Brendan is doing what’s best but poor May can’t see that. >:

Really? Sadly I can’t make videos, nor do I have the ability to draw. *sigh* I guess it’s just gonna be writing from themes for me. ^^;

[mini-drabble goes here]

Thanks! I try to make things slice of life-y because I enjoy reading those kinds of writing all the time. I’m glad you noticed. :D Oh haha~ the whole point of wondering if Brendan and May will end up together/the process of them getting together is what makes their relationship/shipping fun. <3

That’s what I said too! C: Writing is fun though.

*innocent mind* Instead of them torturing each other for a game, maybe it’s for revenge. xD *points at mini-drabble* Kinda slice-of-life-y again . . .

Yush HC is slowly coming sometime to a shipping fic thread near you! xD; *corny*

Aw don’t be so sad/melodramatic. :3 They will end up together with us here and with hope~ *corny again*

*points at her response* I have none. D: *can’t think*

D: You totally owned in your answer. I dunno if I can answer the topic now. You totally convinced me of how their relationship will be . . .

That sounds like an interesting idea... WRITE IT! For great justice! =O I've actually had similar ideas to that before; originally, in my drabble from the other day, the book Brendan was reading was supposed to be an issue of Pokemon Special, and he was supposed to make a remark along the lines of "Oh, what trouble will that Ruby get into next?" when he was talking to himself. I thought that that would've screwed up the mood, though. It should work in a comedy/slice-of-life story, though. ^^

Yes, but I made sure to only mention each of their names once, and then only in dialogue. The rest was all pronouns. I thought I actually might've gone overboard when I was writing it, but according to you, I apparently pulled it off. ^^

Oh, no, no, it's okay; you didn't mean it. ^^;;

Ah, I see what you were driving at now. Poor May, indeed...

Well, at least I'm not alone in that area. xD

It was definitely cute, that's for sure. ^^ And it fit the "torture" theme without actually being... well, tortuous. It all works out! C:

Despite my preference for epic adventures and such, I do enjoy the occasional slice-of-life story. ^^ And I couldn't have put that second thing better myself; the whole getting-together process really is fun. <3

Yep, that it is!

I think I like that idea just as well; it's far less... er, mind-searing. xD

Nothing's up with mine, as far as I can tell.
Hooray! HC's comin' back, now with extra CC-flavouring! xDD

Aww, that's good! Now I'm happy again. <3

Seeing as I apparently am, I shall try!

I'm sure you'll have one soon enough. ^^;

Wow, thank you again! All this is really helping me feel good about my ideas.

And I would totally love seeing them! =D (and perhaps I'd try a few, too...)

EDIT: Damn, I can't believe what an ordeal it was just to post this; 40 minutes of loading, and at least 10+ failures to connect after that! >_<

Last edited:

Marichi

A whole book? I never even imagined something like that...
I'm sure Sis will be quite happy to know you think that way. C:

It's just a little pocket book. Many of the ideas were cute while others were just... different.
I sure hope so, because I was being honest when I said it and meant it in a good way. :/

lol Ew~ not like that, silly! xD It would be something like... if May's was terribly hungry during their travel throughout Hoenn, and Brendan just so happen to have food. He'd share it with her, but after telling a lie to him earlier, May now has answers "yes" to all of his embarrassing questions as a punishment game. Something like that!

This story is going to be epic~ Two masterminds joining forces. Whatever tale would unfold?
=3=;; my, such melancholy...

Well, they're pretty fresh. I'd imagine it would take some time to digest them. No worries. There's no rush, take your time.

Relationships are complex; -or do we just make them more complicated than we need to? it would be hard to limit it to just one category. For me, I think the order would be... rival & motivation -they bring out the best out of each other > chivalry > admiration > naivety > quiet love. Hm... but something seems a little off now. I'm not if I can say admiration could blossom into love. :/

Brendan and May are sitting on a park bench. Brendan decides to be funny and tries to tickle May’s waist. He pinches her by accident instead and doesn’t realize it. “Ow!” May cries in pain as she pinches Brendan’s forearm.

“Hey what was that for?” Brendan didn’t think what he did (he thought he tickled her) to May was wrong. For revenge, he nabs her wrist as May yelps again.

She got him back by pinching his thigh this time, and the whole process continued for about another minute. It ended when May huffed, got up from the bench, and walked away with a frown pasted on her face.

“Aw. May come baaack,” Brendan whines, as he went after her.

It was a good try. xD I liked it. It was like a continuation of the young playmates only a little older.

Slice of life is the best. c:

He certainly has a hidden talent! xDD

lol Ah... we just love getting special treatment from server crashes. D:
Can't wait to see it~

Yeah, CC-tama sure sets the bar pretty high~ xD

Dark Sentry

Kenta gud trainer
Wow this server is pissing me right off. I can't post a goddamn thing. I wish we could get on the lag free ****.

Thanks to all those who have been keeping up with the drabs. I'll get around to ff.net and upload it, then edit this post with some HSG stuff.

As a teaser, this one might not end happy.
Hall Breezer : Great lil drabbb. Reminds me of spending weeks trying to catch that damn Feebas. Didn't ol B Boy have one in HLBMA? It's been too long since I have read it thoroughly.

Kanabanana - Well tbh, I was in a hurry to get to school. I didn't want it to end right there, but if you bear with I shall get around to the add-on. And my grammar skills are not that bad, I shouldn't have hurried. :(]

First off, I am really thinking about giving this story it's own thread, it's becoming a one shot, but for the time being, I'll post it hear in sections to get it checked and maybe get some ideas, of course accrediting the idea person.

Last edited:
It's just a little pocket book. Many of the ideas were cute while others were just... different.
I sure hope so, because I was being honest when I said it and meant it in a good way. :/

lol Ew~ not like that, silly! xD It would be something like... if May's was terribly hungry during their travel throughout Hoenn, and Brendan just so happen to have food. He'd share it with her, but after telling a lie to him earlier, May now has answers "yes" to all of his embarrassing questions as a punishment game. Something like that!

This story is going to be epic~ Two masterminds joining forces. Whatever tale would unfold?

Well, they're pretty fresh. I'd imagine it would take some time to digest them. No worries. There's no rush, take your time.

Relationships are complex; -or do we just make them more complicated than we need to? it would be hard to limit it to just one category. For me, I think the order would be... rival & motivation -they bring out the best out of each other > chivalry > admiration > naivety > quiet love. Hm... but something seems a little off now. I'm not if I can say admiration could blossom into love. :/

It was a good try. xD I liked it. It was like a continuation of the young playmates only a little older.

Can't wait to see it~

Sounds like it'd be an interesting read, if nothing else.
Don't worry, don't worry; I'm sure she will. ^^

Lol, yeah, I know; I just had to say it, though. xDD But, in all seriousness, yes, it should probably be more like what you described; it's much funnier/cuter that way.

Only time will tell, my friend~ When it does come, it is my hope that the end result blows your mind!
Hehe, I suppose I was... just happy now, though. ^^

Thank you kindly. C: I will make good use of that time!

I'd say it's a little of each... as for your interpretation of their relationship, I think it follows a pretty logical progression. I especially liked the "bring out the best in each other"-bit. ^^ Personally, I think admiration could very well evolve into love... of course, it'd probably depend on who's involved.

I got a distinct impression of the childhood playmates thing, too. It was kinda cute seeing that they're still like that years later. xD

I'll drink to that. c:

Why, thank you!

The server can be a foul mistress, indeed. >_<

[blushes] Oh, you... [giggle]

Wow this server is pissing me right off. I can't post a goddamn thing. I wish we could get on the lag free ****.

Thanks to all those who have been keeping up with the drabs. I'll get around to ff.net and upload it, then edit this post with some HSG stuff.

As a teaser, this one might not end happy.
Yeah, it's pretty hard on all of us, my friend...

No problem. I look forward to seeing it. ^^

In spite of that. xD

Kana

kisses
Like I mentioned earlier, I'm used to sympathizing with Brendan. *sweat-drop* But don't worry, I feel bad for May too! It's just not as obvious for me to show it. ._.

Haha... sympathizing with the guys eh Kanta? ;)

Humor is good. :) If you want to contribute, you're more than welcomed too. Right now it's kinda early cuz I'm still waiting on OCs, but if you have a random idea... :)

If it comes to me. xD

NOOOOO! Wrrryyyy?!!!! *sob* My worst fear of Brendan becoming abusive came true right there and then. Gosh, that was depressing. This doesn't seem very hoennshipping. Well, I'm glad May has the courage to walk away from an unhealthy relationship.
I must say, Cherry. If you can write something this powerful enough to get me in knots, you're gooood~

Awww, I don't know what to say to this... but thank you very much! ^^;; Yeah, I realized as I was writing it that it seemed very anti-Hoennshipping. But as I see it, there are a lot of fics that claim to be "--shipping" and are very angsty or tragic...

[shudders] Eek, that kind of thought bothers me, too... drama's quite okay with me, but I never cared for out-and-out depressing, especially if it's the kind of situation you're describing...
She is, isn't she? Makes her big brother proud, she does. ^^

Haha... haha... ^^;

So you're just my insane/eccentric elder sister... xD And thanksss :>

YOU have the twisted mind, Seq. xD We just put it into practice :p

- - -

About the kind of relationship B&M might have, I don't really like brother/sister --> lovers. IMO, that kind of relationship usually doesn't leave any room for love... it's, well, sibling love I guess. There's an urge to protect and care for and stuff, but I doubt it would be "romantic" in any sense for either of them. Or it could be one-sided, who knows. Friends --> lovers might be ok. I like to imagine them as sort of friends, but distant enough to have the possibility of romance open, if I'm making sense at all here...

@KantKant's drabble: Fwee~ ahh, May the romantic. I love how you tortured her here (wow, I sounded really evil.).

I don't even know if I can write fluff anymore, lol.

If it comes to me. xD

Awww, I don't know what to say to this... but thank you very much! ^^;; Yeah, I realized as I was writing it that it seemed very anti-Hoennshipping. But as I see it, there are a lot of fics that claim to be "--shipping" and are very angsty or tragic...

Haha... haha... ^^;

So you're just my insane/eccentric elder sister... xD And thanksss :>

YOU have the twisted mind, Seq. xD We just put it into practice :p

- - -

About the kind of relationship B&M might have, I don't really like brother/sister --> lovers. IMO, that kind of relationship usually doesn't leave any room for love... it's, well, sibling love I guess. There's an urge to protect and care for and stuff, but I doubt it would be "romantic" in any sense for either of them. Or it could be one-sided, who knows. Friends --> lovers might be ok. I like to imagine them as sort of friends, but distant enough to have the possibility of romance open, if I'm making sense at all here...

@KantKant's drabble: Fwee~ ahh, May the romantic. I love how you tortured her here (wow, I sounded really evil.).

It's about time, I would say. xD

Whatever works Little Sis, whatever works. ^^

You do make a convincing point... there are quite a few "shipping" fics out there that do rather nasty things to the couples involved. I suppose "shipping" just has a rather loose definition? XD

Apparently, among my other newly-discovered talents, I'm good at making little sisters feel uncomfortable. ^^;; I really am proud, though.

Yes, that describes her pretty well. XD

The two of you are shaping up to be quite the amusing pair of sisters. xDD

Hm... your idea does raise significant points. There is the very real possibility of love being impossible to arise from a sibling-like bond, due to the awkwardness of the situation. When I cited it, I guess I didn't exactly mean a brother/sister-type relationship; more like just friends who have known each other forever and are extremely familiar with one another. I'm afraid I don't really get the "distance" part, though; I always imagined romantic relationships springing from existing friendships, so that they already know everything about each other... at least that's how it worked for me... Of course, I'm sure things work differently for different people. ^^;;

Eh, it's not that evil... after all, considering all we've put Brendan through, May probably needs a bit of torture! [okay, that sounded sorta evil... xD]

I'm sure you could if you put your mind to it!

Breezy

- love/hate
- rival/motivation
- chivalry
- other (please specify)

I actually don't really like the "brother/sister then into actual love" thing like Kana said. It usually ends up one-sided. Dunno. I have friends that I love as brothers, but I can never imagine myself with them, lol.

I think it depends on what type of scenario you put them in. The formula I followed for that crap fic that we aren't suppose to mention here (lulz) was rivals --> friendship --> quiet love (on Brendan's part) and blind/naive (on May's part) --> the all mighty admittance scene --> lovey-dovey.

Well, technically no, they're not lovey dovey. Not much has changed.

... :D

I find Brendan to be a sexist and chivalrous (paradox D=) regardless of his situation with May (if he likes or doesn't like), though he might be a chivalric for the sake that he thinks he has to take care of girls (ie the whole you're a girl, so you must be weak thing he played on when you first talked to him in the game).

I really can't imagine Brendan being lovey dovey either, but that might be because I framed him in my stories to hate all things "girly", like pokemon contests. I think Brendan can do cute things for May, but as for being romantic, I can't see it. Not as a teen anyway. I don't think Brendan would be blind to May liking him, but I can see May being naive about it. Girls always seem to know when a guy likes them but pretends they don't know anyway. XP

Girls are evil.

On a side note, if you're using the words "insert, delete, create, select, or update" in your posts, that might be triggering the 500 internal error. Insert a pair of [i][/i] (or something) in them to break up the word.

Last edited:

Kanta-chan

I'm breaking up parts of posts to make my reply easier. ^^;

DS said:
First off, I am really thinking about giving this story it's own thread, it's becoming a one shot, but for the time being, I'll post it hear in sections to get it checked and maybe get some ideas, of course accrediting the idea person.
Do iiiittt.

CC said:
That sounds like an interesting idea... WRITE IT! For great justice! =O I've actually had similar ideas to that before; originally, in my drabble from the other day, the book Brendan was reading was supposed to be an issue of Pokemon Special, and he was supposed to make a remark along the lines of "Oh, what trouble will that Ruby get into next?" when he was talking to himself. I thought that that would've screwed up the mood, though. It should work in a comedy/slice-of-life story, though. ^^

It was definitely cute, that's for sure. ^^ And it fit the "torture" theme without actually being... well, tortuous. It all works out! C:

Despite my preference for epic adventures and such, I do enjoy the occasional slice-of-life story. ^^ And I couldn't have put that second thing better myself; the whole getting-together process really is fun. <3
Yeah, that would have ruined the mood a bit, but at least I know you have some humor bottled up in that mind of yours. xD I might use that idea in HC... oh so many ideas... :3 It would totally fit into HC because my plan is to make it slice-of-life. I just need an underlying plot, and my plans are done for HC. [:

XD Thanks! I try.

That's what we are here for. *wink*

CC said:
I think I like that idea just as well; it's far less... er, mind-searing. xD
Nothing's up with mine, as far as I can tell.
Hooray! HC's comin' back, now with extra CC-flavouring! xDD
Aww, that's good! Now I'm happy again. <3
Seeing as I apparently am, I shall try!
Wow, thank you again! All this is really helping me feel good about my ideas.
And I would totally love seeing them! =D (and perhaps I'd try a few, too...)
This HC project will be a writing experience for the both of us. ^^

Marichi-nee said:

LOL, Brendan is so mean to her. <3 He might just tell her to clean his room again. :D

XD Marichi-nee funny.

Marichi-nee said:
Well, considering there are so many possibilities for Brendan's personality... we kinda have to make it complicated with our theories. P: Ah, the fun we get out of hoennshipping.

Admiration could! Especially in the game after Brendan (or May) realizes you beat the champion. :p

Marichi-nee said:

Can't wait to see it~
I never thought it the drabble that way. xD *laughs* Wow, I made something cute indeed.

Yes it is!

And yes he does. O: *envies him* He does set the bar high. xD

Chairz said:

:3 A bit. I'll sympathize with May too; when I have to that is. :X I feel bad for her in my own drabble. *feels evil for putting her through that torture*

I agree. Once friends see each other like siblings, they have that kind of family-bond, rather than a romantic bond. =/ I have the same reason as Breezy too. Once a girl sees that her guy friend is like a brother, she might not like him in "that" way. >:

Kanta likes the idea that childhood friends ---> lovers. *biased by how Franticshipping worked how* ;)

I actually don't really like the "brother/sister then into actual love" thing like Kana said. It usually ends up one-sided. Dunno. I have friends that I love as brothers, but I can never imagine myself with them, lol.

I think it depends on what type of scenario you put them in. The formula I followed for that crap fic that we aren't suppose to mention here (lulz) was rivals --> friendship --> quiet love (on Brendan's part) and blind/naive (on May's part) --> the all mighty admittance scene --> lovey-dovey.

Well, technically no, they're not lovey dovey. Not much has changed.

... :D

I find Brendan to be a sexist and chivalrous (paradox D=) regardless of his situation with May (if he likes or doesn't like), though he might be a chivalric for the sake that he thinks he has to take care of girls (ie the whole you're a girl, so you must be weak thing he played on when you first talked to him in the game).

I really can't imagine Brendan being lovey dovey either, but that might be because I framed him in my stories to hate all things "girly", like pokemon contests. I think Brendan can do cute things for May, but as for being romantic, I can't see it. Not as a teen anyway. I don't think Brendan would be blind to May liking him, but I can see May being naive about it. Girls always seem to know when a guy likes them but pretends they don't know anyway. XP

Girls are evil.

On a side note, if you're using the words "insert, delete, create, select, or update" in your posts, that might be triggering the 500 internal error. Insert a pair of [i][/i] (or something) in them to break up the word.
Okay, I definitely agree with the two of you now; my earlier answer was just poorly worded. ^^;; I see what you mean; I certainly can't imagine myself feeling that way toward Cherri or Jane, let alone my almost-exclusively female cadre of IRL friends (don't ask...) I reiterate that I meant they would transition from a close (but not quite sibling-like) friendship to a more romantic relationship.

You're right about the scenario part; outside circumstances play a large part in shaping our interactions with others. Yes, I did notice the progression you mentioned happens in that story. xD It works quite nicely within that setting. As it is at the moment, I imagine my current project would follow the progression I wrote earlier (again, minus the sibling thing; I gotta choose my words better. xD). In most of my ideas, I find that I try to conscientiously avoid the "rival" thing. Why? Because I... hate conflict? I'm not sure. =P

Yeah, it's pretty hard to imagine anyone's iteration of them acting lovey-dovey.

Interesting... in my case, I saw him as mostly chivalrous toward girls in general (in stark contrast to his somewhat cold demeanour toward everyone else), but sort of unintentionally sexist toward May, due to his desire to protect her from harm at any cost.

I've imagined him somewhat like that, too, but not quite... it's not so much that he has disdain for "girly" stuff, but rather things he deems "frivolous". That said, he's always willing to make exceptions for May, whom he considers a special case, apart from everyone else. And, if it happens to be something he's not naturally good at, he would have a tendency to fall over himself trying to do it. As for whether either would know about the other liking them or not... uh... I'm not sure anymore. I kinda burned my brain out thinking up all of that stuff. @_@
Gee, I wonder how much of that made sense? xD I love these debates, but I almost invariably end up rambling after a while...

Sometimes, sometimes...

Huh. I had theorised something like that... not sure how that would affect it, though. o_O

Kanta said:
Yeah, that would have ruined the mood a bit, but at least I know you have some humor bottled up in that mind of yours. xD I might use that idea in HC... oh so many ideas... :3 It would totally fit into HC because my plan is to make it slice-of-life. I just need an underlying plot, and my plans are done for HC. [:

XD Thanks! I try.

This HC project will be a writing experience for the both of us. ^^

Well, considering there are so many possibilities for Brendan's personality... we kinda have to make it complicated with our theories. P: Ah, the fun we get out of hoennshipping.

Admiration could! Especially in the game after Brendan (or May) realizes you beat the champion. :p

And yes he does. O: *envies him* He does set the bar high. xD

I agree. Once friends see each other like siblings, they have that kind of family-bond, rather than a romantic bond. =/ I have the same reason as Breezy too. Once a girl sees that her guy friend is like a brother, she might not like him in "that" way. >:

Kanta likes the idea that childhood friends ---> lovers. *biased by how Franticshipping worked how* ;)
Well, I'm glad you found it funny on its own. ^^ I've always been a fan of that kind of joke. xD Yes, it would fit! I'm glad we're making progress; the final product promises to be great!

You're welcome! ^^

That's what I'm hoping for! I can't wait...

And the variety is part of the fun, right? :D

Oh, right! That's a good example! [nods] I was trying to think of something earlier, but for some reason, it just didn't click until I heard that.

And now I'm envied, too? Oh, you're all too much... [blushes]

Exactly. A grim prognosis, but unfortunately true. D: Let's try and steer away from that concept with future Hoennshipping ideas...

Yes, yes! That's why I was so enamoured with the idea! Man, I must be really straining my mind if I couldn't remember that. CC thanks for you reminding him. xD

Sequoia

CCTV said:
Interesting... in my case, I saw him as mostly chivalrous toward girls in general (in stark contrast to his somewhat cold demeanour toward everyone else), but sort of unintentionally sexist toward May, due to his desire to protect her from harm at any cost.

...And, if it happens to be something he's not naturally good at, he would have a tendency to fall over himself trying to do it...

Huh. I had theorised something like that... not sure how that would affect it, though. o_O

Brendan as a chivalrous gentleman amuses me. XD If he's acting otherwise towards May, I'd say it's like primary school all over again: "let's be mean to the person you like!"

Male pride, perhaps? C:

Server probably can't tell the difference between a post and actual code. =v= Stupid.

Kantaloupe said:
): FS reminds me of how girly Ruby is and how stupid Brendan is (sometimes). -pats Brendan's head-

Also, dudes, you're freely giving out HC spoilers. D:

I so do not have the twisted mind. ;n;

Brendan as a chivalrous gentleman amuses me. XD If he's acting otherwise towards May, I'd say it's like primary school all over again: "let's be mean to the person you like!"

Male pride, perhaps? C:

Server probably can't tell the difference between a post and actual code. =v= Stupid.

): FS reminds me of how girly Ruby is and how stupid Brendan is (sometimes). -pats Brendan's head-

Also, dudes, you're freely giving out HC spoilers. D:

I so do not have the twisted mind. ;n;
It tickles me a bit too, I'll admit. XD Probably because it doesn't quite match up with his popular portrayal... but, I kind of like that part. I've always been the type to buck trends rather than roll with them.
Lol at that primary school thing. xDD

In spades. :D

That makes more sense... doesn't make it less of a stupid mistake, though. >_<

Well, when others are looking, anyway. I'm told Ruby is actually quite different beneath his effeminate facade. Or so I've heard, anyway. =P
Rather than stupid, I prefer to think of Brendan as smart, but just really stubborn. Of course, that would still lead to occasional moments of stupidity. xD [pats him, too]

Crap, I never thought of it that way. D: Kanta, we need to be more subtle about this stuff!

You just keep telling yourself that, Sis... xP

Last edited:

Sequoia

SS-CC said:
It tickles me a bit too, I'll admit. XD Probably because it doesn't quite match up with his popular portrayal... but, I kind of like that part. I've always been the type to buck trends rather than roll with them.
Lol at that primary school thing. xDD

In spades. :D

That makes more sense... doesn't make it less of a stupid mistake, though. >_<

Well, when others are looking, anyway. I'm told Ruby is actually quite different beneath his effeminate facade. Or so I've heard, anyway. =P
Rather than stupid, I prefer to think of Brendan as smart, but just really stubborn. Of course, that would still lead to occasional moments of stupidity. xD [pats him, too]

Crap, I never thought of it that way. D: Kanta, we need to be more subtle about this stuff!

You just keep telling yourself that, Sis... xP

No, but his Hoenn Prodigy title is jarred :D
(I like bucking trends too. <3)

Aw, c'mon. I'm sure B-boy has some restraint. ): Just because May will laugh at him (TORTURE! 8DD) doesn't mean he has to do things he's not pro at.

Well, Ruby wouldn't have that hugeass scar if he was really that effeminate. ;P His stupid moments outweigh his brilliant moments, unfortunately. -pats Brendan's head again-

And that reminds me, I need to fill out my form thingo. O:

Shut up. D:

No, but his Hoenn Prodigy title is jarred :D
(I like bucking trends too. <3)

Aw, c'mon. I'm sure B-boy has some restraint. ): Just because May will laugh at him (TORTURE! 8DD) doesn't mean he has to do things he's not pro at.

Well, Ruby wouldn't have that hugeass scar if he was really that effeminate. ;P His stupid moments outweigh his brilliant moments, unfortunately. -pats Brendan's head again-

And that reminds me, I need to fill out my form thingo. O:

Shut up. D:
As in "surprising"? I'm not quite sure what you mean there. ^^;;
(Hooray! Besides, in bucking trends, you can sometimes end up setting them. =D)

Well, of course. A guy of his intelligence would obviously know where to draw the line. It's just that May's presence can sometimes make it harder for him to see where to draw it. xD
The whole "do stuff he's not so great at for May's sake"-thing reminds me of that idea we had earlier about Brendan spontaneously jumping into a Contest with zero experience to show up Drew and impress May. I gotta see if I can't try writing that at some point...

Well, that's true. ^^ That's unfortunate about Brendan, though. [pats some more]
(lol, I wonder if this is getting on his nerves by this point? XD)

Well, go ahead then! More forms means more progress for Kanta and myself.

Make me. >:p

Status
Not open for further replies.