• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoennshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sequoia

Coco Chanel said:
As in "surprising"? I'm not quite sure what you mean there. ^^;;
(Hooray! Besides, in bucking trends, you can sometimes end up setting them. =D)

Well, of course. A guy of his intelligence would obviously know where to draw the line. It's just that May's presence can sometimes make it harder for him to see where to draw it. xD
The whole "do stuff he's not so great at for May's sake"-thing reminds me of that idea we had earlier about Brendan spontaneously jumping into a Contest with zero experience to show up Drew and impress May. I gotta see if I can't try writing that at some point...

Well, that's true. ^^ That's unfortunate about Brendan, though. [pats some more]
(lol, I wonder if this is getting on his nerves by this point? XD)

Well, go ahead then! More forms means more progress for Kanta and myself.

Make me. >:p

Okay. Maybe I do have the twisted mind. >D But I like setting trends as well~

Oh, poor Brendan. The woes of hormones. :D "You're invading my personal space!"

Write write write! It'd be interesting to see how far Brendan gets before getting stomped on by Drew/May. And the blow to his MALE PRIDE if May beats him. XD Anyway. -pats Brendan's head-
(he's going to protest that only May can pat his head soon)

You see.. every time I remember to fill out the form, I think of my last submission, and I cringe because it was so bad. D: But since HC is about alllll the HSers, I guess it doesn't matter if I'm a little odd. <3

Does Chinese water torture ring a bell? :B

Marichi

Wow, I really wasn't expecting such an immediate response to the poll.yay! c:

I'll respond in general this time...

*face plant* I can't believe I forgot the childhood option... still, there's so many ways paths to take with that option. Would they only be acquaintances throughout childhood, but as they grew older, they fell in love? Or maybe Brendan and May were close during childhood, grew up and went their separate ways, but ending up together again. Blah, blah, blah, something like that.

The points about sibling-like love are all valid. My take on it was that the sibling-like relationship was set up as a barrier -that way both parties supposedly wouldn't get hurt. But if Brendan and May's feelings for each other were so strong, in the romantic sense, then such a facade could only last so long... imo.

Hm, still not too sure about the admiration... starting to confuse it with respect...

lol Seems like we're unanimous on the lovey-dovey relationship. ...yeah, can't see it one bit.
Hm...

Kanta-chan

No lovey-dovey; those relationships are kinda icky anyways, despite the fact that it could be cute. Childhood friends wins for me. C: Like I said, I am biased by how franticshipping worked how and I think it's cute. Of course, Brendan won't be as much of a sissy, and May... err game-May is almost like Sapphire-- minus the fangs/tarzan outfit. =P Did you all read the manga? D: *doesn't want to spoil much*

Btw, I'm not spoiling HC. They're teasers. *evil smirk*

On a side note, I have some sad news (from a PM I got last night) :

Ice-Phoenix-chan said:
Hmm... guess what? SPPF wouldn't let me post on threads. I think its because I logged on to my account on 2 different computers o_O;;

Anyways, I suppose my time is up at SPPF. Regardless of whether or not I'm too lazy to get my account fixed or not (which I sorta am. not really into the whole waiting thing and dealing with administration thing -_-;; ), I'm doing a french immersion program and I'm sorta not allowed english for a while. Thanks for bringing me back for a while though. It was fun to bring back old memories ^^. Mind if you let people know at the thread (don't need to mention the whole french immersion thing... or the lazy thing ^^;; , just the SPPF being mean thing would be fine as a reason).

Keep in touch (after I'm allowed English =P)
Icy
She will be missed. ;_;

Kana

kisses
You do make a convincing point... there are quite a few "shipping" fics out there that do rather nasty things to the couples involved. I suppose "shipping" just has a rather loose definition? XD

Yush indeed it does. I think the requirement is that some form of love must be involved... like, either former love, one-sided love, etc. Mine's a combo of former love --> one-sided love. xD

The two of you are shaping up to be quite the amusing pair of sisters. xDD

It's all Seq xD

Hm... your idea does raise significant points. There is the very real possibility of love being impossible to arise from a sibling-like bond, due to the awkwardness of the situation. When I cited it, I guess I didn't exactly mean a brother/sister-type relationship; more like just friends who have known each other forever and are extremely familiar with one another. I'm afraid I don't really get the "distance" part, though; I always imagined romantic relationships springing from existing friendships, so that they already know everything about each other... at least that's how it worked for me... Of course, I'm sure things work differently for different people. ^^;;

What I meant was that I think being close friends is good, but "too close" = brother/sister. Also, I think what gives love its intrigue is some degree of mystery surrounding the other person. :p But yeah, that's just me, and I guess that "mystery" could help a closer friendship develop, which would lead to--yeah.

I have friends that I love as brothers, but I can never imagine myself with them, lol.

Girls are evil.

Ditto to that... o.o;

Completely! >xD

Chocolate Cupcake said:
Okay, I definitely agree with the two of you now; my earlier answer was just poorly worded. ^^;; I see what you mean; I certainly can't imagine myself feeling that way toward Cherri or Jane, let alone my almost-exclusively female cadre of IRL friends (don't ask...) I reiterate that I meant they would transition from a close (but not quite sibling-like) friendship to a more romantic relationship.

^^;; Awkward... I can't imagine it either my brotha. o__o;

So Jane was right!! You ARE a girl! My other sister?! And you guys are the amusing ones here, lol...

Waterboarding?

I'm gonna miss Icybaby :c

Sequoia

Kantaloupe said:
No lovey-dovey; those relationships are kinda icky anyways, despite the fact that it could be cute. Childhood friends wins for me. C: Like I said, I am biased by how franticshipping worked how and I think it's cute. Of course, Brendan won't be as much of a sissy, and May... err game-May is almost like Sapphire-- minus the fangs/tarzan outfit. =P Did you all read the manga? D: *doesn't want to spoil much*

FS affects everyone, because it's almost like HS is canon. <3

I like the idea of childhood friends too~ it can be really sweet if done well. (FS!) But in regards to the poll, I think it's possible to meld almost every single type of relationship into there. They can start off as childhood friends, become almost brother/sister-like, then one of them moves away and they don't see each other for a few years, become rivals after they meet again, love develops from there. :D (that's kind of confusing though.)

They're spoilers. >__>

I wanna read the manga but I have no idea where to get it. .-.

Chairz said:
It's all Seq xD

What I meant was that I think being close friends is good, but "too close" = brother/sister. Also, I think what gives love its intrigue is some degree of mystery surrounding the other person. :p But yeah, that's just me, and I guess that "mystery" could help a closer friendship develop, which would lead to--yeah.

So Jane was right!! You ARE a girl! My other sister?! And you guys are the amusing ones here, lol...

Or, like Marichi-nee said, the brother/sister could be just a facade. C:

Dude, CC is like.. a girl.. that would be incest and les.. I don't wanna give the rumour mill (ahemAvegailleahem) more material..

D: ICY! COME BACK SOON!

Our sibling relationship is so sad..

Yush indeed it does. I think the requirement is that some form of love must be involved... like, either former love, one-sided love, etc. Mine's a combo of former love --> one-sided love. xD

It's all Seq xD

Ditto to that... o.o;

Completely! >xD

Waterboarding?

Hmm... it is an interesting approach, I'll give it that. ^^ My whole "journey, not destination" mentality, though, means that I typically favour developing love in my writings.

I won't argue with that... xD

Yeah, yeah, I understand; too, too close is not the objective. However, I think that the "mystery" can be present in people who know each other fairly well, too, in the form of a kind of invisible "something" that one or both of them fails to notice until they begin to develop deeper feelings for the other, at which point they come to appreciate it... that make sense? I think it came out a bit too abstract. ^^;;

Same here...

Bleh, girls are only evil to guys who don't know how to handle them. Fortunately for me, I do. xDD

Neither can I, Sis; just too weird for me. o_o;

I believe I already mentioned her propensity for fibbing? =_=;; But yeah, I'll admit, she and I do most of the amusing stuff. xD

On a side note, I have some sad news (from a PM I got last night) :

She will be missed. ;_;
It's really only cute when it's handled properly, and sadly, that doesn't happen too much. D: I definitely agree on all counts about the childhood friends thing, though. ^^ I had imagined the idea a long time ago, but hearing about it in the manga solidified the idea in my head. But, of course, like you said, May and Brendan would be themselves, rather than facsimiles of Ruby and Sapphire (though, for humour's sake, I sometimes imagine Brendan with a few Ruby-like characteristics [perhaps the sewing thing?] that he tries to keep secret out of embarrassment. xD).
Unfortunately, I haven't read it; I'm waiting for it to come out here (in spite of how long it'll probably take... hey, I've waited longer for stuff!). I already know a fair bit, though. ^^;;

That's the perfect way to put it! [laughs maniacally]

I saw...

Wow, I really wasn't expecting such an immediate response to the poll.yay! c:

I'll respond in general this time...

*face plant* I can't believe I forgot the childhood option... still, there's so many ways paths to take with that option. Would they only be acquaintances throughout childhood, but as they grew older, they fell in love? Or maybe Brendan and May were close during childhood, grew up and went their separate ways, but ending up together again. Blah, blah, blah, something like that.

The points about sibling-like love are all valid. My take on it was that the sibling-like relationship was set up as a barrier -that way both parties supposedly wouldn't get hurt. But if Brendan and May's feelings for each other were so strong, in the romantic sense, then such a facade could only last so long... imo.

Hm, still not too sure about the admiration... starting to confuse it with respect...

lol Seems like we're unanimous on the lovey-dovey relationship. ...yeah, can't see it one bit.
Hm...
Well, it was an interesting topic. c:

Personally, I like the second option; close through childhood, apart for a few years, then reunited. There's a certain mystique to the idea that I can't quite put my finger on... but, regardless, I like it. ^^

That's pretty murky territory, I'll admit.

Yeah, it doesn't really fit. xD Maybe we favour a more subdued relationship for them due to the status of the pairing itself as more of an underground/not-quite-mainstream thing? Just a theory...

Okay. Maybe I do have the twisted mind. >D But I like setting trends as well~

Oh, poor Brendan. The woes of hormones. :D "You're invading my personal space!"

Write write write! It'd be interesting to see how far Brendan gets before getting stomped on by Drew/May. And the blow to his MALE PRIDE if May beats him. XD Anyway. -pats Brendan's head-
(he's going to protest that only May can pat his head soon)

You see.. every time I remember to fill out the form, I think of my last submission, and I cringe because it was so bad. D: But since HC is about alllll the HSers, I guess it doesn't matter if I'm a little odd. <3

Does Chinese water torture ring a bell? :B
At least she admits it. XP We can all enjoy trendsetting, though~

Yeesh, that could get awkward. D: Although, I suppose that under certain circumstances, it could happen to either of them... (remember, we're trying to spread the torture to May, too. XD)

You bet I will! I had a rather different idea, though; Brendan actually manages to beat Drew by some miracle, but then some other character who's leagues better than both of them (Solidad? Wallace?) swoops in and wins the whole Contest, leaving both of them beaten and emasculated. xDD Of course, May would still comfort Brendan and commend him for what he did achieve. ^^ (and maybe pat his head like he wants, too!)
Brendan: Which reminds me; lay off of my head, both of you! >< That's May's job...

I find that dissatisfaction with my past work is one of my worst enemies as a writer. >_<;; But don't worry too much about the profile; in this instance, "odd" actually works in your favour. xD

I prefer sensory deprivation, myself... [insert creepy laughter]

Jan-E said:
FS affects everyone, because it's almost like HS is canon. <3

I like the idea of childhood friends too~ it can be really sweet if done well. (FS!) But in regards to the poll, I think it's possible to meld almost every single type of relationship into there. They can start off as childhood friends, become almost brother/sister-like, then one of them moves away and they don't see each other for a few years, become rivals after they meet again, love develops from there. :D (that's kind of confusing though.)

They're spoilers. >__>

I wanna read the manga but I have no idea where to get it. .-.

Or, like Marichi-nee said, the brother/sister could be just a facade. C:

Dude, CC is like.. a girl.. that would be incest and les.. I don't wanna give the rumour mill (ahemAvegailleahem) more material..

D: ICY! COME BACK SOON!

I know! It's like our main source of "cred", so to speak. xD
(although it's also a major source of confusion; a quick look around DA or ff.net these days will confirm that...)

Quite true. ^^ Your progression actually isn't that confusing; in fact, it almost perfectly describes the way I plan to write their relationship in my multi-chaptered fic project (quite a coincidence... perhaps we should head to the bunker again? xD)! Except sans the "rivals" part; I'm sure you'll recall my earlier statements about how I usually skip that. I prefer the idea that, after reuniting, they would try to return to "where they left off", and run into lots of little bumps along they way as they slowly discover how much they've changed over the years. Cute, no? :D

Only if you're cynical about it. >_>

It's a shame you live down under; Viz is re-releasing the manga in the US starting this summer... I'm not even sure who handles that stuff in Australia. D:

That works, too! ^^

... Okay, okay, bro, that's quite enough. ><;;
You dare reveal your source? This could well be your downfall. >D

I know! I hope she can, too...

But it has its happier moments, too, right?

Sequoia

Chocolate Cake said:
Hmm... it is an interesting approach, I'll give it that. ^^ My whole "journey, not destination" mentality, though, means that I typically favour developing love in my writings.

Bleh, girls are only evil to guys who don't know how to handle them. Fortunately for me, I do. xDD

Personally, I like the second option; close through childhood, apart for a few years, then reunited. There's a certain mystique to the idea that I can't quite put my finger on... but, regardless, I like it. ^^

You bet I will! I had a rather different idea, though; Brendan actually manages to beat Drew by some miracle, but then some other character who's leagues better than both of them (Solidad? Wallace?) swoops in and wins the whole Contest, leaving both of them beaten and emasculated. xDD Of course, May would still comfort Brendan and commend him for what he did achieve. ^^ (and maybe pat his head like he wants, too!)
Brendan: Which reminds me; lay off of my head, both of you! >< That's May's job...

Quite true. ^^ Your progression actually isn't that confusing; in fact, it almost perfectly describes the way I plan to write their relationship in my multi-chaptered fic project (quite a coincidence... perhaps we should head to the bunker again? xD)! Except sans the "rivals" part; I'm sure you'll recall my earlier statements about how I usually skip that. I prefer the idea that, after reuniting, they would try to return to "where they left off", and run into lots of little bumps along they way as they slowly discover how much they've changed over the years. Cute, no? :D

It's a shame you live down under; Viz is re-releasing the manga in the US starting this summer... I'm not even sure who handles that stuff in Australia. D:

But it has its happier moments, too, right?

It's a nice perspective and all, but if you really think about it.. is the plane ride all that enlightening compared to what you do at your destination?

I'm gonna be blunt; IF YOU KEEP GIVING ME NEW MATERIAL TO WORK WITH HOW AM I MEANT TO TREAT YOU LIKE A MALE? XD

It's the whole reunion thing that gets people. :D

And while May comforts him, we can apply the shoe idea and make her add "win a contest" to his shoe. <3

Well, my goal was to fit all the options in the poll into one scenario. Even if they're rivals right after they reunite (magical word!), they can resolve their differences right away and become friends again. :D Good?

Translated manga is insanely expensive. ;n; GenerallyIgotoBordersandreadthemangathenleave. <3

I get insulted on a regular basis. ):

It's a nice perspective and all, but if you really think about it.. is the plane ride all that enlightening compared to what you do at your destination?

I'm gonna be blunt; IF YOU KEEP GIVING ME NEW MATERIAL TO WORK WITH HOW AM I MEANT TO TREAT YOU LIKE A MALE? XD

It's the whole reunion thing that gets people. :D

And while May comforts him, we can apply the shoe idea and make her add "win a contest" to his shoe. <3

Well, my goal was to fit all the options in the poll into one scenario. Even if they're rivals right after they reunite (magical word!), they can resolve their differences right away and become friends again. :D Good?

Translated manga is insanely expensive. ;n; GenerallyIgotoBordersandreadthemangathenleave. <3

I get insulted on a regular basis. ):
Well, when you put it that way, it makes the trip there seem insanely boring by comparison... which leads me to believe that it may be another one of those things that varies based on the situation. Try this metaphor on for size: what's more interesting, stopping at the local general store, or walking along the scenic country road leading there?

I'll be blunter: YOU ARE SEEING WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE, SISTER DEAREST! xP

I'll agree with that. Aside from the actual confession, that's usually the most poignant part. ^^

Sheer brilliance, Sis! I may actually add that part. Good job! =D

I see your logic there. Yeah, I could get into that idea. ^^

Yeah, that's the problem... but, then again, modern comics in general (regardless of origin) are quite pricey. I've seen IDW Publishing's Transformers comics go for 20 USD. x_x;
You do that, too? Wow, now I regret calling the people who did that "squatters"... ^^;;

Is that what's bothering you? Oh, you know we're just kidding around; we love you, Sis. <3

Sequoia

CCTV said:
Well, when you put it that way, it makes the trip there seem insanely boring by comparison... which leads me to believe that it may be another one of those things that varies based on the situation. Try this metaphor on for size: what's more interesting, stopping at the local general store, or walking along the scenic country road leading there?

I'll be blunter: YOU ARE SEEING WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE, SISTER DEAREST! xP

I'll agree with that. Aside from the actual confession, that's usually the most poignant part. ^^

Sheer brilliance, Sis! I may actually add that part. Good job! =D

I see your logic there. Yeah, I could get into that idea. ^^

Yeah, that's the problem... but, then again, modern comics in general (regardless of origin) are quite pricey. I've seen IDW Publishing's Transformers comics go for 20 USD. x_x;
You do that, too? Wow, now I regret calling the people who did that "squatters"... ^^;;

Is that what's bothering you? Oh, you know we're just kidding around; we love you, Sis. <3

If I'm going to the store, generally that means I'm in a hurry. XD So I'll most likely be running.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE THAT WHAT I WANT TO SEE IS WHAT I SEE. <3

After they reunite, they're together practically 24/7 and that takes all the excitement out... (You could have fun with that though.. weird sleeping habits, noctournal, stealing the other person's stuffed toy/hiding their stuffed toy, etc.)

:D Why, thank you~ But don't forget Marichineesy, who came up with the shoe idea!

AU$20 is pretty much the baseline price for any manga. :) Dude, shush. If they don't kick me out, then it's all good. 8D;;

Love you too, brother dear. Doesn't mean I'm NOT going to use Chinese water torture/lock you in a room with nothing in it, though. <3

Last edited:

Marichi

lol You really like that idea, huh? Thanks, Seq. c:

Good!

Yeah, it doesn't really fit. xD Maybe we favour a more subdued relationship for them due to the status of the pairing itself as more of an underground/not-quite-mainstream thing? Just a theory...
Talk about a cry for attention. ==;
ORLY? xD

It's a good theory though. :/
CC-kun said:
Seq said:
Oh, poor Brendan. The woes of hormones. "You're invading my personal space!"

Yeesh, that could get awkward. D: Although, I suppose that under certain circumstances, it could happen to either of them... (remember, we're trying to spread the torture to May, too. XD)
They could certainly would be testing their limits... *light bulb* Fufufu...
CC-kun said:
It is cute. I don't know why I kept thinking of a kaleidoscope when I read that tough. Let's see...

Every time Brendan looks at her, she changes into something more dazzling. That was just what made May... May.

or

Brendan and May are taking a stroll through their home town. With all the changes that happen to the town, a tinge of melancholy lingers in the air. Everything around them has changed... and so have they.

==;

She will be missed. ;_;
*w* Yes, I've read it. Oh, franticshipping~ ...and I've finally seen the light to oldrivalshipping. xD

Aw, that's too bad. I didn't realize her program was so strict. Dx I'll miss her too.

If I'm going to the store, generally that means I'm in a hurry. XD So I'll most likely be running.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE THAT WHAT I WANT TO SEE IS WHAT I SEE. <3

After they reunite, they're together practically 24/7 and that takes all the excitement out... (You could have fun with that though.. weird sleeping habits, noctournal, stealing the other person's stuffed toy/hiding their stuffed toy, etc.)

:D Why, thank you~ But don't forget Marichineesy, who came up with the shoe idea!

AU$20 is pretty much the baseline price for any manga. :) Dude, shush. If they don't kick me out, then it's all good. 8D;;

Love you too, brother dear. Doesn't mean I'm NOT going to use Chinese water torture/lock you in a room with nothing in it, though. <3
... Why'd you have to mess up my metaphor? XD

Oh, Lordy, there's no reasoning with her. Shall I show you the "male" on my birth certificate? xDD

Good point; luckily, I also considered that possibility. I would definitely be sure to spice up their time together with scenes of the two of them adjusting to each other's various eccentricities, messing around with each other the way you described, etc... it would all be quite fun, indeed!

You're welcome~ Oh, but of course; I could never forget her. ^^ I give credit where it's due.

[sigh] A grim reality, but one I've at least come to accept. :) Don't worry; I might do that to random urchins, but certainly not to you, Sis.

Glad to hear it, Sister dear. I'm certainly glad we share a relationship so close that it could endure a bit of tough love on my part... <3

Marichi-nee said:
Talk about a cry for attention. ==;
ORLY? xD

It's a good theory though. :/

They could certainly would be testing their limits... *light bulb* Fufufu...

It is cute. I don't know why I kept thinking of a kaleidoscope when I read that tough. Let's see...

Every time Brendan looks at her, she changes into something more dazzling. That was just what made May... May.

or

Brendan and May are taking a stroll through their home town. With all the changes that happen to the town, a tinge of melancholy lingers in the air. Everything around them has changed... and so have they.

==;

*w* Yes, I've read it. Oh, franticshipping~ ...and I've finally seen the light to oldrivalshipping. xD
[shrugs] Hey, I'm just tellin' it like it is...
LOL, no, I'm not really that vain. xDD Just well brought-up and very lucky!

Well, I'm glad you think so. ^^

Yes, it would, wouldn't it... wait, "limits"? ... Limits! Wasn't that a theme? Inspiration strikes! >=D I must get right to it... er, maybe tomorrow, though, since it's quite late here in the Northeast. ^^;;

It's a good comparison; it constantly changes, like the two of them.

My, you certainly paint a vivid picture. ^^

[sigh] Lucky you... sometimes, I curse my avid support for the officially-translated manga business. XD But, hey, if I ever get tired of waiting, Kanta sent me a link to online translation quite some time ago!

Sequoia

CCTV said:
... Why'd you have to mess up my metaphor? XD

Oh, Lordy, there's no reasoning with her. Shall I show you the "male" on my birth certificate? xDD

Good point; luckily, I also considered that possibility. I would definitely be sure to spice up their time together with scenes of the two of them adjusting to each other's various eccentricities, messing around with each other the way you described, etc... it would all be quite fun, indeed!

You're welcome~ Oh, but of course; I could never forget her. ^^ I give credit where it's due.

[sigh] A grim reality, but one I've at least come to accept. :) Don't worry; I might do that to random urchins, but certainly not to you, Sis.

Glad to hear it, Sister dear. I'm certainly glad we share a relationship so close that it could endure a bit of tough love on my part... <3

[sigh] Lucky you... sometimes, I curse my avid support for the officially-translated manga business. XD But, hey, if I ever get tired of waiting, Kanta sent me a link to online translation quite some time ago!

Because I can, and it wasn't a very convincing metaphor. :p

I'll leave you alone for now. :)

Sleeping habits is probably my favourite; people are incredibly weird when it comes to sleep. o_O You wouldn't think that having a mirror in the room is annoying, but someone I know can't stand mirrors.. we had to cover the gigantic mirror in the room with our clothes.

Some people don't have jobs, and hence, no money. :) Such as yours truly.

The first paragraph of that page made me think PRINCESS BRIDE! XD

:) I'm a hacker. What do you expect.

@Marichineesy: I have no idea why I find the shoe idea so awesome, but it is. =D

Because I can, and it wasn't a very convincing metaphor. :p

I'll leave you alone for now. :)

Sleeping habits is probably my favourite; people are incredibly weird when it comes to sleep. o_O You wouldn't think that having a mirror in the room is annoying, but someone I know can't stand mirrors.. we had to cover the gigantic mirror in the room with our clothes.

Some people don't have jobs, and hence, no money. :) Such as yours truly.

The first paragraph of that page made me think PRINCESS BRIDE! XD

:) I'm a hacker. What do you expect.

@Marichineesy: I have no idea why I find the shoe idea so awesome, but it is. =D
... You're a terror, you know that, Sis? xDD

Thank you for showing mercy, even just this once. ^^

Wow, really? I've never heard of that. o_O;; I suppose it could be just entertaining if one of them were prone to sleepwalking, talking in their sleep, sleep paralysis or something like that...

I understand where you're coming from; I'm in the same boat. So, chances are, I'd be willing to let you be. :)

And now she says she'd enjoy it? Maybe the taser wasn't too violent for you, after all... ?

Exactly what you did; I've dealt with your kind in programming class, and you folks can become quite predictable after a while. xD

Perhaps it's because the idea's so unconventional?

Kana

kisses

Nah, it's not confusing. x) I really like that idea, actually. Sooo cute~ and they could have flashbacks of each other as children while they're battling it out or something... <333

o__o; lawwwwwl. You crack me up so much sistah. I treat CC like a girl, actually... but then again, I converse with freshmen boys IRL... xD

Yeah, yeah, I understand; too, too close is not the objective. However, I think that the "mystery" can be present in people who know each other fairly well, too, in the form of a kind of invisible "something" that one or both of them fails to notice until they begin to develop deeper feelings for the other, at which point they come to appreciate it... that make sense? I think it came out a bit too abstract. ^^;;

I understand. c: Love just adds mystery, no matter how close you are... x)

It's really only cute when it's handled properly, and sadly, that doesn't happen too much. D: I definitely agree on all counts about the childhood friends thing, though. ^^ I had imagined the idea a long time ago, but hearing about it in the manga solidified the idea in my head. But, of course, like you said, May and Brendan would be themselves, rather than facsimiles of Ruby and Sapphire (though, for humour's sake, I sometimes imagine Brendan with a few Ruby-like characteristics [perhaps the sewing thing?] that he tries to keep secret out of embarrassment. xD).

Brendan a little girly eh... I like that :) But just a little. Maybe he likes flowers or gardening...

Good idea. xD

May: *patpatpat* You were great out there!

Brendan: *blushblush* Thanks... You really think so?

May: Yeah, I mean, it was GREAT for a fluke! ^_^

Brendan: >_>;

Or he could beat Drew... and his next competition would be May! =OOO *dundundun*

M: What do you think you're doing?!
B: ? May, I just beat Drew! ^__^
M: T_T You dumbbutt! I was supposed to face Drew next! Now you're gonna face me!
B: o_______o;
M: T_______T;

*pantpant* Chococat, you write in long paragraphs *pantpant*

I love how we have little nicknames for each other. Especially you, ChocoKitty. xD

Nah, it's not confusing. x) I really like that idea, actually. Sooo cute~ and they could have flashbacks of each other as children while they're battling it out or something... <333

o__o; lawwwwwl. You crack me up so much sistah. I treat CC like a girl, actually... but then again, I converse with freshmen boys IRL... xD

I understand. c: Love just adds mystery, no matter how close you are... x)

Brendan a little girly eh... I like that :) But just a little. Maybe he likes flowers or gardening...

Good idea. xD

May: *patpatpat* You were great out there!

Brendan: *blushblush* Thanks... You really think so?

May: Yeah, I mean, it was GREAT for a fluke! ^_^

Brendan: >_>;

Or he could beat Drew... and his next competition would be May! =OOO *dundundun*

M: What do you think you're doing?!
B: ? May, I just beat Drew! ^__^
M: T_T You dumbbutt! I was supposed to face Drew next! Now you're gonna face me!
B: o_______o;
M: T_______T;

I love how we have little nicknames for each other. Especially you, ChocoKitty. xD
I rather like it, too. ^^ I wonder what their flashbacks would be about...?

As long as the two of you are just joking around... [grumbles] Ever since I first began talking to people online, I sorta ceased to make distinctions between male and female; everyone is just "friend" now. Is that odd? I'm not sure. ^^;;

I thought you would. You're never too close to learn something new about someone!

Really? Thanks! I've wanted to mention that idea for a while now, but I wasn't sure what reaction I'd get. Gardening or flowers, you say? An interesting possibility... Whatever his guilty pleasure is, I can imagine May gleefully telling other people about it while he desperately tries to stop her. xDD

Thanks again! =D

Haha, unintentional insults; priceless. XD But, I'm sure May still meant well. ^^

Oh, yeah, I could totally imagine that!

B: [just barely defeated Drew] Phew, that was close... now what?

M: [appears dramatically] I am your opponent now!

B: What...?! [cue overblown "Oh crap" expression and dramatic music]

Came off a bit Code Geass-ish again. xDD Still a great idea, though.

Long, yes. But also informative!

Me, too, even if I could never come up with any. xD I'm certainly trying, though!

Sequoia

Chairz said:

-- short drabbles here --

:) I converse with senior boys. They're just as bad. In comparison, I think CC is WONDERFUL~

Flowers! :D :D :D "Here, May, have some daisies from my garden!"

Ah, I love that "It was GREAT for a fluke!" part. XD But Brendan's getting tortured again..

I agree. O: But at least we cured him of writing in like, mini essays for each post..

They're easy to come up with. <3

Seesaw Seesaw said:
As long as the two of you are just joking around... [grumbles] Ever since I first began talking to people online, I sorta ceased to make distinctions between male and female; everyone is just "friend" now. Is that odd? I'm not sure. ^^;;

Really? Thanks! I've wanted to mention that idea for a while now, but I wasn't sure what reaction I'd get. Gardening or flowers, you say? An interesting possibility... Whatever his guilty pleasure is, I can imagine May gleefully telling other people about it while he desperately tries to stop her. xDD

Me, too, even if I could never come up with any. xD I'm certainly trying, though!

Why odd? :D If you like that person and talk to them, then they're a friend. Who cares whether they're male or female? (In your case.. too many female friends is a little worrying, but that's okay. <3)

May can have a guilty pleasure too. ): Maybe she likes to readpron eat really stinky cheese.

You know, Sexy Cherri Cola could combine all three of our names. Seq, Cherri, CC. XD

:) I converse with senior boys. They're just as bad. In comparison, I think CC is WONDERFUL~

Flowers! :D :D :D "Here, May, have some daisies from my garden!"

Ah, I love that "It was GREAT for a fluke!" part. XD But Brendan's getting tortured again..

I agree. O: But at least we cured him of writing in like, mini essays for each post..

They're easy to come up with. <3

Why odd? :D If you like that person and talk to them, then they're a friend. Who cares whether they're male or female? (In your case.. too many female friends is a little worrying, but that's okay. <3)

May can have a guilty pleasure too. ): Maybe she likes to readpron eat really stinky cheese.

You know, Sexy Cherri Cola could combine all three of our names. Seq, Cherri, CC. XD
I can attest to that first part. >_< Embarrassing, really. I'm glad you recognise how I'm a cut above the rest, though!

xDD I'd like to see that, I would. I wonder how he would continue planting flowers while out journeying with May, though? Perhaps he'd resort to berries?

I know! Even if it does continue the "torture Brendan"-trend... ^^;;

Hey, hey! That was years ago, Sis... >_>;;

I suppose when one has lots of free time... eh, who am I to complain? It's still fun. <3

Ah, that's good! That's the way I see it. :D Friends are friends, not "if"s, "and"s, or "but"s about it.
Er, yes, I'll admit that the second thing's a bit of a problem, but I'm working on it. Recognition of the problem is the first step toward solving it! (I'm glad you don't mind, at any rate. ^^)

As hilarious as that first thing is, it might come off a bit OOC. XD

Hey, that's right... maybe it could be a collective nickname for our little "family" unit?

Kana

kisses
Summer Sass;9701706[SIZE="1" said:
As long as the two of you are just joking around... [grumbles] Ever since I first began talking to people online, I sorta ceased to make distinctions between male and female; everyone is just "friend" now. Is that odd? I'm not sure. ^^;;[/SIZE]

I dunno. I guess if you're online, you can't exactly see the person's face, so it doesn't count for much xD

Yesss. Teh evil May. "Hey Brendan, what's up--WHOA! PRETTY FLOWERS!" "Uhh yeah, they're great for winning flower-growi--Gym battles..."

xD

True... those were the days... xD

So May's secretly a boy eh. xP It's easy to come up with odd practices for guys, but it has to be reaaally bizarre for girls. Like... crossdressing on her birthday or something. Or the first thing you said.

I like it <3

xDD I'd like to see that, I would. I wonder how he would continue planting flowers while out journeying with May, though? Perhaps he'd resort to berries?

Berries aren't very odd--I mean, it's not strange at all when you plant berries in the games. If he started collecting flowers from the bushes and started a dried flower collection, that would be something xD

I suppose when one has lots of free time... eh, who am I to complain? It's still fun. <3

CC is also the first boy I have seen use the "<3" expression.

I dunno. I guess if you're online, you can't exactly see the person's face, so it doesn't count for much xD

Yesss. Teh evil May. "Hey Brendan, what's up--WHOA! PRETTY FLOWERS!" "Uhh yeah, they're great for winning flower-growi--Gym battles..."

True... those were the days... xD

So May's secretly a boy eh. xP It's easy to come up with odd practices for guys, but it has to be reaaally bizarre for girls. Like... crossdressing on her birthday or something. Or the first thing you said.

I like it <3

Berries aren't very odd--I mean, it's not strange at all when you plant berries in the games. If he started collecting flowers from the bushes and started a dried flower collection, that would be something xD

Ah, good point. I'm not worried anymore, then. XD

"Oh, cool! ...Wait, how would flowers help you win battles?" "Uh... look behind you! [runs]"
^ That'd be a sight to see. XD

Yeah, I guess I was pretty verbose back then... ^^;;

That might be a bit too bizarre. xDD I suppose there are still some weird things you could think of for a girl to do, like... uh, collect yaoi doujinshi or something? Though, I guess that's only weird to some people... unless, she also likes to imagine her own friends in such positions!

Me, too! ^^

I was pointing out the fact that the berries make flowers before they become berries; he would collect those. And, I suppose if he were to take those and do what you said, it'd result in quite a few raised eyebrows. XD

I'm actually not the first one I've seen. Though, I am the first I've seen that did not use it in relation to some particularly "moe" character they were fanboying over... so, yeah.

Sequoia

Chairz said:

:) Isn't it awesome when you can talk to someone and not have to worry about staring at their pimple by accident?

Orrr Brendan can be super-sweet.. "You like? :D" -thrusts flowers at May-

What's wrong with eating stinky cheese? D:

Don't the flowers have to drop off before the berries are formed? o_o (Then again, Brendan just wants the flowers.. he could grow another berry plant just for the berries. =_=; )

I'm sure he's not the first one. Plenty of guys go "<3 <3 <3" when they see their girlfriends. XD

S.S. Anne said:
"Oh, cool! ...Wait, how would flowers help you win battles?" "Uh... look behind you! [runs]"
^ That'd be a sight to see. XD

That might be a bit too bizarre. xDD I suppose there are still some weird things you could think of for a girl to do, like... uh, collect yaoi doujinshi or something? Though, I guess that's only weird to some people... unless, she also likes to imagine her own friends in such positions!

I was pointing out the fact that the berries make flowers before they become berries; he would collect those. And, I suppose if he were to take those and do what you said, it'd result in quite a few raised eyebrows. XD

The "that's a BIG bird" trick. :D!

Smelly cheese? D:
Let's not discuss what happens in May's imagination. o_______o;

And if he sent Mummy a nice dried flower card every month, that would be even better. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.